July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

Before I married Mel, I lived in an older house with a roomate. We discovered we had a rat one evening and since the house was owned by his relatives, I told him it was their responsibility as landlords. Well, he assured me that he would take care of it. He got these so-called "humane" traps. They were basically flypaper. I can tell you that those traps are the most vile and painful thing for both you and the animal trapped.

Indy.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow Carla. Well, something that should not have been stressful has turned in to something stressful!

How unprofessional! I would expect better behaviour from someone who doesn't even do landscaping for a living. I don't know anything about grubs, but the fact that they 'miraculously' got the sod to roll after to told them to cut it deeper would indicate that they just didn't know what they were doing!

Filed: Timeline
Before I married Mel, I lived in an older house with a roomate. We discovered we had a rat one evening and since the house was owned by his relatives, I told him it was their responsibility as landlords. Well, he assured me that he would take care of it. He got these so-called "humane" traps. They were basically flypaper. I can tell you that those traps are the most vile and painful thing for both you and the animal trapped.

Your house was owned by rats? :P

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG if it was a rat I would just freak, a cute mouse is one thing but a rat.... EW! Yeah I would never in a million years get those glue traps, I don't care if I had 100 mice in here. Those are the most cruel and sick things ever!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

My apologies Captain Grammar, I forgot a comma :P

Indy.gif

Timeline

My apologies Captain Grammar, I forgot a comma :P

:lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
carla, this sounds like a new version of the pave your driveway scam. keep track of the hours they work as i expect the bill they try to give you will be higher than you expected.

they should provide all of the tools they need, along with garbage bags.

I've never heard of the "pave your driveway scam"? I have been keeping track of their hours, and we are in agreement thus far on how many hours they've worked. The problem is, so far, they've worked 10 hours, which is fine, as she said it would take them 8-10, and we thought 10 was fine, however because they didn't cut the sod in those two places (not our fault!), they have to come back and now she wants to charge us the labour for that. She didn't give us a "I will have this done in 8-10 hours), she gave us a "this should be done in approximately 8-10 hours", and that's what she signed. However by the time it's done, it will have been maybe 12 or 13 hours. And we did agree to an hourly rate, so this is where I'm having some problems...well, that and having to tell her and have her YELL at me. :lol: Of course they should have used their own tools, but they didn't have any...I couldn't refuse to let them use ours. lol They did go buy the bags from Lowe's and didn't provide me a reciept, but now you got me thinking that maybe she will? :(

the pave the driveway scam:

link

link

link

link

just a few links of many out there on this topic.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

wow charles....thats just disgusting. I absolutely hate people who take advantage of the elderly...or anyone at all. I didn't even know that kind of thing was happening! Thanks for the links.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

carla, this sounds like a new version of the pave your driveway scam. keep track of the hours they work as i expect the bill they try to give you will be higher than you expected.

I've never heard of the "pave your driveway scam"? I have been keeping track of their hours, and we are in agreement thus far on how many hours they've worked. The problem is, so far, they've worked 10 hours, which is fine, as she said it would take them 8-10, and we thought 10 was fine, however because they didn't cut the sod in those two places (not our fault!), they have to come back and now she wants to charge us the labour for that. She didn't give us a "I will have this done in 8-10 hours), she gave us a "this should be done in approximately 8-10 hours", and that's what she signed. However by the time it's done, it will have been maybe 12 or 13 hours. And we did agree to an hourly rate, so this is where I'm having some problems...well, that and having to tell her and have her YELL at me. :lol: Of course they should have used their own tools, but they didn't have any...I couldn't refuse to let them use ours. lol They did go buy the bags from Lowe's and didn't provide me a reciept, but now you got me thinking that maybe she will? :(

link

link

link

link

I had a friend who just bought a new house and needed her driveway paved, I don't think she got scammed, but I do believe the "contractor" that paved it for her and was a complete idiot. The day after they realized her driveway was not even and looked like sh$t. She called the guy back and he said he wasn't going to do the job over again, it looked fine. She cancelled the check. I guess thats what you get for someone who says they will do it for less expensive than other contractors...

They had another contractor come and look at the driveway in an attempt to fix it, the contractor asked her fiance how drunk was he was...Her fiance told him he wasn't, that they hired someone to do it....

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

link

link

link

link

Those links were very informative charles, but not like my situation at all! :blink: No one solicited me at all about doing our yard work. We had three people come out and assess the situation and we took the one. I had found her on craigslist. That in itself might have been the problem, I don't know, however the work that had to be done required brawn, nothing more. I guess a brain as well, and if they had of had one, they would have done the pieces they missed the first time. The problem right now is the argumentative behaviour and the insistence that we pay extra hours of labour for their mistakes. I will let you know how this pans out, as they're finishing up the job today. Hopefully.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I think my boss is racist.

So last week these two guys came in to ask for a job, they were well dressed, well spoken and very very polite. I was so impressed with them, I went and told my boss to come out and meet them. She came out and met them and then walked me back to her office and whispered to me:

"The only reason they're out doing this is their grandmas will beat them if they don't.. they don't want jobs"

:blink:

Then yesterday this kid came in and wanted directions, so I was trying to give them to him. He was riding his bike, it was hot out and I had no problems helping him. She walks over when he leaves and she asks me what he wanted and I told her he wanted directions and she said: "Oh he was probably going to probation" uhh no he was going to the family services building and she says: "Yea right, probably going to see his probation officer..."

I mean its so subtle that I can't call her out but when she says stuff like that I am always a little weirded out. :lol:

I feel that in both cases they were assumptions made by her based on their skin colour. I want to say something but like what do you say?

On the same note of racism I was extremely impressed with my brother in law on Sunday at my in-laws house. His grandma is old and yea she says a lot of things that are just WRONG. Well usually everyone just lets her spout off but this time he said something and she didn't know what to say. It was great! She just replied with: "You're just upset because I had to babysit you while you're parents were away" and he said: "I'm upset because you're ignorant" :rofl:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

I hope all goes well for you today, Carla. (F)

"The only reason they're out doing this is their grandmas will beat them if they don't.. they don't want jobs"

she said: "Oh he was probably going to probation" uhh no he was going to the family services building and she says: "Yea right, probably going to see his probation officer..."

:o

Wow. That is VERY racist. If it were me, I would call her on it. Racism has no place in this world, and there is no excuse for that type of behaviour. Sometimes I despair of people. :(

iagree.gif

Here's my vent.

I just got laid off (ok, not completely) but cut back to just 8HRS a week!

I can't believe it, as it was out of the blue, and I'm ticked off at my boss who did it in a not so nice way.

He should have just laid me off completely...at least then I could have applied for unemployment. But, then his taxes would have gone up. Which makes even more angry, because he's looking out for himself only.

He's a friend too! I should have never started working for him 2 years ago.

So I'm on the hunt for ANYTHING.

It's so hard to get motivated to look when you're so depressed. :( :(

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Timeline
Here's my vent.

I just got laid off (ok, not completely) but cut back to just 8HRS a week!

I can't believe it, as it was out of the blue, and I'm ticked off at my boss who did it in a not so nice way.

He should have just laid me off completely...at least then I could have applied for unemployment. But, then his taxes would have gone up. Which makes even more angry, because he's looking out for himself only.

He's a friend too! I should have never started working for him 2 years ago.

So I'm on the hunt for ANYTHING.

It's so hard to get motivated to look when you're so depressed. :( :(

Sorry to hear that J&K, that is really rough and totally unfair. I hate when people use a loophole to avoid paying something and make the employee pay!

I hope you find something you really like soon.

Let me start by saying...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

And....

$&*()(&^(&%$$#%&*)(_!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, and yes, i'm a drama queen and overly catastrophize eveything, but I am PISSED!!!!!

MY THIRD TRIP TO DMV AND F****** NOTHING!!!!!!

My first two trips were to Delaware DMV...first one, I didn't have 'proof of Res' as I had thrown out envelope that my mail came in....

Second visit, they told me they could only issue a DL for as long as my I94 was good for (at that point in time it would expire in 30 days) and I would then have to wait for my GC to re-apply....not to mention retake the road test and all! So I decided to wait until we were into our new house fully, here in PA and apply in PA....

I did all my homework, Jill even sent me their website verbage showing I qualified as an AOS applicant and all I needed was my NOA...

so, I took my husband as I would need his passport to prove he was a USC...he needed to do his DL too, so it worked out...off we went, got there when they opened, loooooong line up out the door...waited 45 mins....he went first, in 10 mins he had a license...then came me....I gave her all my stuff....it took her 30 mins to input all my stuff, with the help of another employee....just when it all looked good and she had put all the info in the computer....she said their 'SAVE' system that they use to run checks on people, was coming back as 'further verification needed' she then told me that they would have to send my file to their main office in Harrisburg for further verification, and once that cleared, they would mail me a letter to go back and get photo'd for my DL...it could take 1-3 weeks...she gave me a piece of paper that said due to 'immigration' guidelines, they have to run a check with Homeland Security...I asked if this was a new process, as I know Jill had no issues less than a year ago...she said no, still the same....

I asked if she could check with a supervisor, and she said the lady she was getting to help us was a Sup...and she even looked over and nodded.... she said it was the system that would not allow her to issue it until the verification was done.... she said the good thing is that they now had all my stuff, so when I come back all I need to do is the photo...

#######!!!! Not to mention the registration place for my car is at another location and I can't do that until I have my DL...

How does this happen to me????? seriously???? I feel like things that are seemingly normal for others, is always an issue for me?????

I'm not trying to have a pitty party, but after 3 trips to the DMV my patience is wearing thin..... And of course I started bit*hing to my husband, who all I wanted for, was to listen to me and support my vent....he comes back to me with 'you're over reacting, plus, what else do you do all day? lol....haha! the stay at home homemaker never gets recognition.... I think i'll go out and get a 9-5 just so I can complain...HAHA! He didn't mean it in that way, and said 'what he meant was, it's not like I have to try and schedule the time off work''....but try telling that to a woman who is off on a rant...lol.... he then said 'and I know damn well that you will run home to go b**** to your VJ friends.....damn straight!!!!!!

But just in case anyone asks....I was never here..... HAHA!

sooooo, I now wait for a letter in the mail :( can't register my car till then...man I would love if I got pulled over and they ask why I have not transferred my stuff yet....I will go off on him! or her lol....

I almost feel like saying **** it, and never do the transfer and keep driving with Ontario plates and a DL!!!!! only thing is after 6 months my insr will cut me off :( I guess i'd only be hurting myself...I am just one of those people who are so Anti-everything and thing that this is a conspiracy against me and only me lol!

ok, i'm done....

ps. GGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.