July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I had such a terrible experience at David's bridal :lol:

I wrote corporate about it and felt like it was over. And then they "accidentally" emailed out a mailing list to a bunch of people, with ALL of our personal information on it. Oh that sent me into a complete fit.

I wrote them, I called them, I threatened to sue them and then they offered me a free dress and blah blah. NO SPANX!

Did you get the free dress? If not order one in my size and have them mail it to me in Florida! Great idea I know! :whistle:

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
It is 100% worth doing however. My mother suffered horribly with colon cancer. If she had gone for her colonoscopy, they would have found the tumor before it matasticized and she would still be alive today.

~ Catherine

(F)

Glad you're feeling better, Sprailenes. Sounds like you were definitely affected by the heat. Now send that dress to Arabella!

Chiropractors FTW!!!

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

True that.

MY VENT:

I ran out of my cloverleaf tuna. My mom brought me down 12 cans in the spring and I have ONE left. :(

The sunny side: Luckily I am going up next week... I'm going to buy a case. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I have ONE can left and I want to eat it soooo hard! >_<

I had such a terrible experience at David's bridal :lol:

I wrote corporate about it and felt like it was over. And then they "accidentally" emailed out a mailing list to a bunch of people, with ALL of our personal information on it. Oh that sent me into a complete fit.

I wrote them, I called them, I threatened to sue them and then they offered me a free dress and blah blah. NO SPANX!

Did you get the free dress? If not order one in my size and have them mail it to me in Florida! Great idea I know! :whistle:

haha no I didn't take it. The experience I had was quite terrible.. I left the store in tears! But hey in my defense... I was an immigrant, AOS filing, wedding planning bride to be and I was an emotional wreck at times. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

ohai USCIS is evil and I will give them a piece of my mind....

Len: you really do not want to do that my dear.

O RLY??? why not! this is my god given right! they are inefficient and mean and evil and :ranting:

Len: i suggest you calm down, do not enter a pissing contest with them

####### do you know? They WILL listen to me...

Len: [thinking] if it would not get me banned , I would give YOU a piece of MY mind.

///end rant.

Timeline
I left work early today. Was feeling so sick, seriously there was no air conditioning and they construction workers had the entire back window out, they're redoing an entire area of the Clubhouse and well, I just don't do well in the heat.. I felt sooo sick to my stomach. Came home took a cool shower and I do feel a lot better. I felt faint and dizzy and my stomach was turning. I don't know what it was... I am thinking it was the heat because after a cool shower and some rest I do feel a heck of a lot better.

Ugh feel better!! I hate the heat too, it always makes me feel sick. I'm definitely not a summer person, I love the fall!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Okay VJ.

I started smoking again.

I bought a pack this morning, it's been two years since I have really smoked. I need to quit before a) my son returns and b.) my husband finds out.

I know it's only been a day but already I have smoked half a pack... a stinky, smelly, 20 cigarette filled Americana pack.

And then I am on my balcony like some naughty kid trying to be all conspicuous and my son's friends are like: "HI!!..." then I can hear them going: "She's smoking!"

Great my son is going to return home to his friends telling him that I was smoking and me denying it all. What can I do? I can't lie.. yes i had one Ethan... what's my excuse? I don't have one.

No one really looks at cigarettes like a real addiction but it is.

Remember I went through this a few months ago but I threw the pack away. But I can't let go of these ones.

I just needed to get that off my chest. But oh man... oh man a cigarette and a cinnamon dolce latte from starbucks sure does go good together. <3

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
True that.

MY VENT:

I ran out of my cloverleaf tuna. My mom brought me down 12 cans in the spring and I have ONE left. :(

The tuna here is pretty narsty. I wonder why that is!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
True that.

MY VENT:

The tuna here is pretty narsty. I wonder why that is!

It's cat food. I have come to that conclusion.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Okay VJ.

I started smoking again.

I bought a pack this morning, it's been two years since I have really smoked. I need to quit before a) my son returns and b.) my husband finds out.

I know it's only been a day but already I have smoked half a pack... a stinky, smelly, 20 cigarette filled Americana pack.

And then I am on my balcony like some naughty kid trying to be all conspicuous and my son's friends are like: "HI!!..." then I can hear them going: "She's smoking!"

Great my son is going to return home to his friends telling him that I was smoking and me denying it all. What can I do? I can't lie.. yes i had one Ethan... what's my excuse? I don't have one.

No one really looks at cigarettes like a real addiction but it is.

Remember I went through this a few months ago but I threw the pack away. But I can't let go of these ones.

I just needed to get that off my chest. But oh man... oh man a cigarette and a cinnamon dolce latte from starbucks sure does go good together. <3

keep in mind that smoking helps fund health care for the needy children. have a heart, and smoke - for the children's sake!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

ohai USCIS is evil and I will give them a piece of my mind....

Len: you really do not want to do that my dear.

O RLY??? why not! this is my god given right! they are inefficient and mean and evil and :ranting:

Len: i suggest you calm down, do not enter a pissing contest with them

####### do you know? They WILL listen to me...

Len: [thinking] if it would not get me banned , I would give YOU a piece of MY mind.

///end rant.

:unsure:

Okay VJ.

I started smoking again.

:(

(F)

iagree.gif

Timeline

I know. I have a pretty strong will power though. I am not going to buy another one after this. First of all, American cigarettes taste like a$$, and second of all, I am not paying 7.30 for 20 cigarettes again.

Srsly.

Oh and thirdly.. my health.

Gotta love my priorities.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.