July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Okay, I have just left my hairdressing salon a third voicemail. I have a standing appointment every three weeks, but last week, while I was away, I received a voicemail telling me to call them about my appointment tomorrow..... but they didn't say anything else. So I have called them three times now, wondering if I have an appointment or not. I'm starting to get irritated.

You go to the salon every 3 weeks?!?!? :crying: Jealousy and evil thoughts abound right now.... :crying:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Bah.

Ok, as I have mentioned, our apartment is right by the front door to this building. I have the patio door open right now - I sit right beside it but sit behind the blinds on the other side.

So I see a shadow on the patio - and someone knocks on the patio door again! I get up and say yes - the guy, who is very pleasant - says - which apartment number is this - I say - who are you? He shows me his card, he is from Telus (phone, internet etc provider) - I tell him the apartment number and ask him which one he is looking for - blah blah blah - so I say - that's not this one - he says yes, well what number is this? I tell him and he says thanks etc and heads for the main door.

What the hell is up with these people knocking on a random patio door?? They have to walk by the main door to annoy me (it startles me too)!!

My camera isn't working right, but here is a picture so you can see what I mean.

apartment.jpg

you need one of these

young1.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes I agree, barriers need to be put up!!

Mike was saying he might get some of that cheap fencing from the store.

Mike is here now, so I don't find it so spooky, had I been here alone the guy would have had the door slammed shut and the blinds closed on him - cause that's the friendly kind of gal I am.

Timeline
had I been here alone the guy would have had the door slammed shut and the blinds closed on him - cause that's the friendly kind of gal I am.

There you go! Show 'em what you learned in the good 'ole US of A. :lol:

:lol:

Yes I agree, barriers need to be put up!!

Mike was saying he might get some of that cheap fencing from the store.

Mike is here now, so I don't find it so spooky, had I been here alone the guy would have had the door slammed shut and the blinds closed on him - cause that's the friendly kind of gal I am.

You should check bamboo fencing... it's pretty and cheap-o :yes: --- I am about to circle the balcony with it. Yes, we're unfriendly. Deal :P

Oh! Speaking of privacy, Len! OMG, Seattle!!!!! :o :o :o

No offense, but I have no idea how you live there. The traffic is horrendous and the airport honestly sucks. The place is wall-to-wall people and buildings and cars and..... ugh! I drove past your place of employment a few times, and thought how tough it must be to get there. When we were on our way in there, we sat beside a young lady who was going to visit her parents. Her comment "Seattle's dirty." stuck in my head. Strangely enough, I overheard that comment again and again from random strangers. The outskirts are nice though! :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline
Oh! Speaking of privacy, Len! OMG, Seattle!!!!! :o :o :o

No offense, but I have no idea how you live there. The traffic is horrendous and the airport honestly sucks. The place is wall-to-wall people and buildings and cars and..... ugh! I drove past your place of employment a few times, and thought how tough it must be to get there. When we were on our way in there, we sat beside a young lady who was going to visit her parents. Her comment "Seattle's dirty." stuck in my head. Strangely enough, I overheard that comment again and again from random strangers. The outskirts are nice though! :lol:

:lol:

Drove through there once - it was like whoaaaaaaaa

Like I said.... no offense. Just my observations. Whoaaaaaaaaa's a good description. :lol::blush:

OMG, we had the funniest thing happen to us on our way to Seattle. Oh wait. This doesn't belong in the vent thread. *wanders off*

Whooops! Just saw your addendum! Do you know, I probably should have gotten your number, Len. I ended up spending a day and a night alone there. In fact, the airline tried to get me to stay another night by offering to cover my hotel and give me a $200 travel voucher if I gave up my seat. I was like "Not on your LIFE would I do this again." I had stood in line for three HOURS trying to make it to my flight. I literally RAN to the gate and managed to make it just as the plane was loading. OMG. $200??? They'd have to cover my bar bill too. MAN, I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Oh. Sorry. I'm sure it's a very nice place to live, though. :unsure:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

HA! That's what you get for not calling me :hehe:

I love my city. Well, I used to live in Deadmonton. Now, THAT is one ugly place.

Haha. We are in complete agreement about that one. :lol:

I must say... the only up sides were: we had awesome jobs; we lived in Old Strathcona; AND of course, healthcare :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.