July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah some people just don't know when to stop. I just really don't miss it at all. It could be exhausting to keep up with at times.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The only reason I even keep Facebook is because it's an easy way to communicate with my brother. I may have a long-distance plan that covers both Canada and the U.S., but he doesn't. So calling up here would cost him a ton of money.

If he had a similar plan to mine, I'd dump FB in a heart beat. It's annoying as all hell.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband has not had anything online in regards to a social network profile since we met. Like a month after we met, he got rid of it saying it was unnecessary and just an annoyance.

He's never got another one.

I still like it because I've got so many friends back at home and calling them each individually would be too costly and too timely. It can be annoying some times though.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Bah.

Ok, as I have mentioned, our apartment is right by the front door to this building. I have the patio door open right now - I sit right beside it but sit behind the blinds on the other side.

So I see a shadow on the patio - and someone knocks on the patio door again! I get up and say yes - the guy, who is very pleasant - says - which apartment number is this - I say - who are you? He shows me his card, he is from Telus (phone, internet etc provider) - I tell him the apartment number and ask him which one he is looking for - blah blah blah - so I say - that's not this one - he says yes, well what number is this? I tell him and he says thanks etc and heads for the main door.

What the hell is up with these people knocking on a random patio door?? They have to walk by the main door to annoy me (it startles me too)!!

My camera isn't working right, but here is a picture so you can see what I mean.

apartment.jpg

I read your earlier posting about people coming up to the patio door. Firstly, it would scare me! Secondly, yes...why DO people come up to the patio door like that?? :lol: Patio doors are never people's front doors, so why they would just come up, look in, ick!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

haha. Thanks for the visual because before I couldn't see it. But wow, people are crazy! Why would you just go up to someone's back door like that...It's weird!

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

weird - keep a bar on the door girl, that's kind of scary to me - too easy to come on in

Bah.

Ok, as I have mentioned, our apartment is right by the front door to this building. I have the patio door open right now - I sit right beside it but sit behind the blinds on the other side.

So I see a shadow on the patio - and someone knocks on the patio door again! I get up and say yes - the guy, who is very pleasant - says - which apartment number is this - I say - who are you? He shows me his card, he is from Telus (phone, internet etc provider) - I tell him the apartment number and ask him which one he is looking for - blah blah blah - so I say - that's not this one - he says yes, well what number is this? I tell him and he says thanks etc and heads for the main door.

What the hell is up with these people knocking on a random patio door?? They have to walk by the main door to annoy me (it startles me too)!!

My camera isn't working right, but here is a picture so you can see what I mean.

apartment.jpg

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Timeline

Nice sunny day! :)

Are the steps leading to the glass door the front door of the apartment building and your patio is the one in the shade with the green chair? If so, that's SO obviously someone else's space. How rude! I'd make a big STOP sign and tell them this is not the customer service centre. lol

iagree.gif

My husband has not had anything online in regards to a social network profile since we met. Like a month after we met, he got rid of it saying it was unnecessary and just an annoyance.

I still like it because I've got so many friends back at home and calling them each individually would be too costly and too timely. It can be annoying some times though.

Lol My wife and I created a Myspace back when she was supposed to be allowed to come home the first time and within about 3 or 4 days so much drama was caused by what people posted to us and ####### that we just deleted it. I think any group of guy friends that has any more than 4 girls in that group (either girlfriends or actual friends) should just stay off that site for the most part. I couldn't believe the petty garbage that started and at the time we were all like 25ish, just amazing LOL.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline

Some of the houses here have signs by the door that say 'Private Residence" from when construction was still going on in the community and people would come up to the doors and peek in to see if it was under construction or lived in. You could get some sort of sign like that made - and maybe add - "No Trespassing" as well. It's ridiculous that you would have to go to that length but it may be what you require - either that or build a small brick wall - two bricks high - along the front edge of your patio to create a visual barrier. Or even cheaper - get some of that fake fencing that people put up to mark out their garden areas from some place like Canadian Tire.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Lol My wife and I created a Myspace back when she was supposed to be allowed to come home the first time and within about 3 or 4 days so much drama was caused by what people posted to us and ####### that we just deleted it. I think any group of guy friends that has any more than 4 girls in that group (either girlfriends or actual friends) should just stay off that site for the most part. I couldn't believe the petty garbage that started and at the time we were all like 25ish, just amazing LOL.

That's why Jared said he doesn't want it. He's just not into that petty stuff. Nothing ever happened to make him think that way but as soon as we got together and we got serious, I guess he didn't want anything coming up between us because of a myspace account or something.

My eyes filled with grit

That's why Jared said he doesn't want it. He's just not into that petty stuff. Nothing ever happened to make him think that way but as soon as we got together and we got serious, I guess he didn't want anything coming up between us because of a myspace account or something.

Yep that's a smart man right there :) I've already seen the group of friends that I have completely shut out a few people that have been around for 5 or 6 years due to drama from that site. If I would've spent all the time, money, and stress to get my wife over here and then gotten into an argument due to Myspace or something I think I'd try to hang myself with a mouse Lol.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Timeline

Okay, I have just left my hairdressing salon a third voicemail. I have a standing appointment every three weeks, but last week, while I was away, I received a voicemail telling me to call them about my appointment tomorrow..... but they didn't say anything else. So I have called them three times now, wondering if I have an appointment or not. I'm starting to get irritated.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.