July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I am a million percent against the Seal Hunt... the way they are slaughtered is inhumane and disgusting, I am ashamed Canada is part of the seal hunt. I actually support the EU ban on Canada's seal products

i don't really think of it as a "hunt" as the seal does not stand a chance. it's more like a seal slaughter.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I am a million percent against the Seal Hunt... the way they are slaughtered is inhumane and disgusting, I am ashamed Canada is part of the seal hunt. I actually support the EU ban on Canada's seal products

i don't really think of it as a "hunt" as the seal does not stand a chance. it's more like a seal slaughter.

:thumbs: Good point!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
It's a girl who wears cords, Birkenstocks, reeks of patchouli oil and probably drives a Subaru.

In this case a late 80's rusted honda accord,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Hang on...Charles made a point?

Timeline

Not a good day in JaimeLand. I woke up at 2am because I was too hot, then was unable to fall back asleep, so I got up and starting getting ready for work super early, and did some random house work. When it was finally time to leave for work, my car wouldn't start. My husband looked at it, and we think the alternator is gone, which most likely means we'll need a new alternator and a battery, which we can't afford right now. Luckily, we have a friend next door who works on base with me who was able to give me a ride. The worst part to me was, I had loaded my car up with food and water for a stray doggie I've been trying to catch to bring in to a rescue so she can be looked after, but was unable to bring the doggie food or water, since I couldn't really expect my friend to pull over at random places for me to put the food down while trying to not get seen doing it, hehe. It's likely going to have me down all day, since she either is pregnant or was pregnant, and could have puppies out there somewhere she's trying to look after as well. I think someone just dropped her off since she was pregnant and they didn't want to deal with the puppies. I can't understand how anyone could be so cold hearted :angry:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

Aww Jaime,

I am sorry to hear about the problems. I so understand about the stray dog - good for you for looking out for her and trying to make her hard life easier.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hang on...Charles made a point?

where's my timbits? :bonk:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Today was a nightmare at the DMV. They wouldn't give me anything even with all the stuff I had. They said the letter extending my GC is useless and they won't accept that anymore. WTH??? The lady said, they only accept "the sticker" that's on the back of a GC with the new expiry date on it. What sticker?? I was just down for biometrics two weeks ago, and even told them about my DL and they said..."just show them the extension letter...". What nonsense. So, I came home, and made an infopass appointment. Luckily, they had lots of appointments today, so I went down and told them what happened. The guy rolled his eyes, took my GC and my NOA letter and my passport. Then came back and said" they're wrong...there is NO sticker, what I did do is put this embossed stamp (that I-551) in your passport with the extension date of a year from now. That is going to have to do. Tell them they should have accepted the letter. He hands everything back to me...except for the GC. I said, "what about my GC?" He said.."you don't need that now, it's gone, you have that stamp, you won't need anything else until you get your new one." WHAT??? I have no GREENCARD anymore?? I'm stunned. I didn't go back to the DMV yet. Too angry and upset. I feel so vulnerable right now. Maybe tomorrow.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
Today was a nightmare at the DMV. They wouldn't give me anything even with all the stuff I had. They said the letter extending my GC is useless and they won't accept that anymore. WTH??? The lady said, they only accept "the sticker" that's on the back of a GC with the new expiry date on it. What sticker?? I was just down for biometrics two weeks ago, and even told them about my DL and they said..."just show them the extension letter...". What nonsense. So, I came home, and made an infopass appointment. Luckily, they had lots of appointments today, so I went down and told them what happened. The guy rolled his eyes, took my GC and my NOA letter and my passport. Then came back and said" they're wrong...there is NO sticker, what I did do is put this embossed stamp (that I-551) in your passport with the extension date of a year from now. That is going to have to do. Tell them they should have accepted the letter. He hands everything back to me...except for the GC. I said, "what about my GC?" He said.."you don't need that now, it's gone, you have that stamp, you won't need anything else until you get your new one." WHAT??? I have no GREENCARD anymore?? I'm stunned. I didn't go back to the DMV yet. Too angry and upset. I feel so vulnerable right now. Maybe tomorrow.

Aw, sorry to hear your day has been so rough! DMV's are infamous for making people miserable :angry: Hopefully everything else goes smoothly for you tomorrow, I'm sure it will all work out (F)

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

I just saw a man who had hair down the length of his nose. He is an attorney, and otherwise well groomed. His sideburns and goatee were meticulously lined up. Seriously, If you spend that much time on your facial hair, why not shave that bit on your nose. It wasn't just a few strands. I would classify it as a large tuft of hair. I had to bite my tongue to avoid laughing :lol:

Indy.gif

Timeline

Vfest has changed its venue to Toronto's Molson Amphitheater! Which totally blows because now I am going to have to drive all the way to Toronto. Yes I used to do it all the time but it just sucks, part of the reason I decided to go was that it was close to Midland and now it's all the way at a big sh1tty venue. And I have to go back to that venue the next weekend to bring Ethan to see the Killers. It just kind of sucks.

I'm still going to go... I just felt like venting.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Carla, you should have no problems getting your DL renewed with the I-551 stamp in your passport. DMVs can be so stupid at times. I never received the NOA extension letter so all I ever had was the I-551 stamp in my passport. That is actually more recognizable than the extension letter. You should be fine now.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife is mad at me. :P

Last night she was eating popcorn and telling me the difference between butter and margarine (she prefers butter). Out of nowhere, I said the following: "Wouldn't it be neat if butter was actually made from liposuctioned fat?"

I did something similar to that months ago, as well. She was making an omelet in the morning and without thinking, I said: "You know... you have eggs too."

I think I need to watch what I say more often. :lol:

Timeline

Wow. Personally I think that's pretty amusing but maybe it wasn't the correct time to say it.

I'm venting since I want to make scrambled eggs but I am too lazy to go out and get some. I'm lazy today. D: Only day off this week, sadface.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.