I don't have a vent. :D

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

the embassy won't e-mail me back saying whether or not my k1 is approved..rage

Edited by beans

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I don't have a vent. :D

i do - and all my office mates vent about my venting. :innocent:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why call me and ask me for directions if you're going to argue everything I say???

Some old hag just called in asking for directions which I tried very hard to give her even though she interrupted me a million times and asked me to spell out pretty much every word. Then she told me she was coming from Woodcrest and needed to know how long that was going to take for her to get here.

I have done this before and it takes about 15 minutes. So I told her fifteen minutes. She started laughing and said: "No it takes longer than that" and I said: "Well if you know then why are you asking me? It takes ME about 15 minutes" and then she kept laughing and said: "No it's a half hour" to which I replied: "Again if you already know the answer, then why ask?"

Then she hung up on me and called back and asked to speak to the GM.

:lol:

Next time I'll just say:

Google maps is your friend b1tch.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm down in Houston right now and here's a few things I gotta say...

1. My dad is as irritating as ever. At least my brother is here and we're been having a blast. Hell, we spent the last six hours playing on the PS2. Sometimes I really miss my brother.

So at least I'm not here by myself with my dad. Actually... that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it? "By myself" with someone else? :P

2. As soon as I arrived in Houston, my dad asked me about Canada. Without letting me finish, he went on a tirade about the Canadian health care system.

As you all know, I haven't been overly pleased with Canadian health care, but it's not terrible. Yeah, I liked the American system better, but I was also fortunate to have outstanding coverage.

Despite my irritation with Canadian health care, I couldn't help but get a little annoyed at him. Even worse, he started blathering on about how "America is the greatest this and that and Canada tries, but fails, at being more American." I may be American (and I always will be), but talking like my dad does only serves to further enforce the negative stereotype about Americans. If he really feels "America is better," then he wouldn't need to spout off about it.

Anyway... I started getting really ticked off, but I controlled my temper. I knew I wouldn't change his mind and therefore, there was no point in creating a huge stink about it.

3. I've successfully deflected my dad's many attempts at starting an argument with me. Between my wife and my brother -- who coached me on how to handle him this time -- I've managed to keep the peace (at least somewhat, anyway). I think this has annoyed my dad, since he can't get the reaction he wants. Why he wants to start an argument is beyond me, but apparently he does.

4. The three of us went to Whole Foods the other day. My wife showed me how to make a cake and my dad didn't understand why I needed to get certain ingredients. For instance, he thought "instant hot chocolate mix" would work instead of "cocao." I also needed unsweetened apple sauce and cinnamon.

He said, "Apple sauce is always sweetened." My brother and I tried to get him to understand that companies usually ADD extra sweetener to the apple sauce. That's unnecessary since apple sauce has its own natural sweetener. My dad also thought that "cinnamon apple sauce" would work instead of buying apple sauce and cinnamon separately. Maybe it would (I don't know for sure), but if I used that, I wouldn't be able to control the amount of cinnamon added.

I also needed sugar. My dad wanted me to buy packets of "splenda" instead. I don't think he quite understood the idea of "real sugar." Both my brother and I attempted to explain this to him. He didn't understand, but I got the real sugar anyway.

Even stranger, he didn't want to pay for a Whole Foods canvas bag (which was probably one or two dollars at most), but when he discovered he could get the bag for free by purchasing SIX bottles of wine, he did that. That completely baffled my brother and I, since the wine was undoubtedly more expensive than the bag.

5. My dad bought some chocolate (from Hershey's) and so I tried some. I nearly spit it out. He didn't understand why I did that and I told him it "tasted weird." He thought I was crazy, but he was also happy that I wouldn't eat his chocolate.

6. My dad had wanted to go to a place called "Mountasia" where they have mini-golf, go-karts and a video game arcade because he had a ticket that got us unlimited activities. That sounded like fun, but for some reason or another, I was incredibly nauseated that day (I vomited a couple of times too). Because I knew he wanted to go, I told him that he and my brother could go without me.

He didn't go and apparently blames me for it. I told him to go without me! I wasn't trying to hold him back. At least my brother doesn't blame me. Honestly, I don't think he was too keen on the idea of being outside in Houston during the summer. No sane person would, either. I suppose that explains my dad. :P

Timeline

Aww, forgive me for chuckling at some of your (mis)adventures back home, but I am chuckling with you, not at you! Your father sounds like a real challenge - kudos to you for figuring out how to deal with him successfully. I love the discussion about the cake ingredients! That is so funny :D .

It is interesting how living somewhere else can give you such a different perspective. Thanks for sharing this - and yeah, I agree, no sane person wants to spend much time outside in Houston during the day in the summer - and night time remains pretty hot and humid as well (my in-laws live just outside of Houston).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I feel silly for being upset about this but as this is the vent thread... I'll let it out anyways.

So this coming Monday my work is having their annual employee party. Basically you get to drive the course, play in a nine hole mini tournament and there's a bbq afterwards. Since I can't golf worth ####### I thought it would be a good idea to bring my father in law. So I told my husband about it and he kind of got offended and said: "Don't bring him, I want to play that course" so I said: "Okay" no biggie. I'll bring my husband... seems more appropriate anyways, I was just looking at it from the competitive stand point. :P

Anyways this all happened a month ago and I think thats an ample amount of time to figure things out, schedule his day off yadda yadda. Well last night he tells me that it's not a good day to take off and that he can't come. I am just a little bit annoyed because:

A- I know his father would have come

B- He got all upset that I was going to take his father instead of him

C- He only figured this out last night! Didn't take a look at the calendar a couple of weeks ago... didn't figure out that it wouldn't be a good day until YESTERDAY.

So now I'm going to play alone in the tournament. I CAN'T EVEN PLAY GOLF!

Well they'll probably pair me up with someone else but that's the thing... I suck! My husband and father in law would have had fun and accepted the fact that I am not a golfer. But some stranger... who knows maybe they're in it to win it hardcore and here I am the failure who can't even chip a ball out of a bunker without getting sand in her eye.

So ya I'm annoyed.

I am really proud of my husband for getting promoted and being the senior designer, partner and all that shite and I understand he has to work twice as hard now but still... I gave him a month... A MONTH!

Anyone who wants to golf at a Palmer designed award winning course in S. Jersey on Monday... call meh. :(

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't really have a rant but I wish that NVC would get my case already. It's been over 3 weeks, 21 days...I'm hoping it'll be there on the 4th week...or else, I'll have to wait 3 months for an inquiry. :cry: No big rush, but I still wish that we could somewhat wrap this up BEFORE December.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

I feel silly venting, as I have only been waiting 6 weeks for my interview date in Mtl. I am reading here that Mtl is back logged. Ugh. I know ...my case is no more important than anyone else`s, but DAMN!!! I haven`t seen my fiancee since last October. If I knew how long this would take, I could maybe plan a visit to him, but knowing my luck i`d just get there and have to come home again.

My family does NOT want me to move to Colorado, so having them sneer and say "I told you it would take years" is not helping my morale.

And I miss my kitties.

Ok. Rant over.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep; But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

my vent for today... i like living in a beach town but dont like the small town talk. God I cant believe how some people can be so ignorant and talk too much. I want to live back in the city, at least i dont have to see the annoying people all the time. but, oh well, we cant live w/o the beach for surf. too bad the best places to go are the expensive places to live in too. and we have 9 more months of rental lease :( gossip gossip gossip.. and o yeah, egos which leads to fighting. omg dont these people shut up. i thought i could stick it out in a small town for at least a year. ive been trying not to let these stupid gossips get to me and what they say about my In laws cuz but it makes me angry how some ppl can be so judgemental, ignorant, and disrespectful.

K-3:

Marriage : 2008-03-22

I-130 Sent : 2008-11-15

Appointment @ consulate: 2009-04-09 - Approved!

Picked up K3 visa & passport: 2009-04-14

POE @ Blaine, WA: 2009-04-24

EAD app sent to USCIS California: 2009-04-28

EAD app rec'd @ USCIC CA: 2009-04-30

EAD NOA: 2009-05-11

Biometrics Appt: 2009-07-27

EAD Approved/Card Production: 2009-7-31

EAD Received: 2009-09-06

AOS packet & change of address sent: 2009-12-23

Biometrics Interview: 2010-02-23

Interview Date: 2010-03-16 APPROVED

GC received March 29, 2010

Removal of Conditions

Application sent: January 04, 2012

Rec'd Notice of Bio appt: January 24, 2012

Biometrics appt: February 24, 2012

Rec'd approval notice: dated July 7, 2012

Rec'd 10yr green card: July 17, 2012 (dated july 10, 2012) - rec'd IR-6 status

Vancouver Consulate Review: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190588

POE Review: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=193529

Timeline

Glad it worked out, Nev!

And Border, your town sounds like my office.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

Two vents for me today.....

1) Why can't our new puppy seem to go to the bathroom outside? We take her out very frequently, and without fail, when she gets back into the apartment, she'll take a big steaming dump on the carpet. To make things worse, she's adjusting to new food, so it's really really really gross and messy :blink:

2) Now it seems that some people on here have shed themselves of annoying neighbors...... and now Mel and I have inherited them. It is a small apartment complex (3 units), and she moved in about two weeks ago and showed signs of being annoying right off the bat. She sings out on her porch, and is loud all day long. The worst part is that she gets home from work between 1:30 and 2:00 a.m., and isn't very quiet when she gets home. There are two good parking spaces and myself and the other neighbor park in them, so rather than park in one of the spaces in front, she parks illegally, just under our window. I'm seriously considering calling the police to get her car towed this morning. :angry:

Indy.gif

Timeline

Jeesh! That sucks, Rob.

We have pretty good neighbours. A bunch of them though let their dogs outside without leashes and they are little dogs so I don't care, but they run all OVER the place. :lol: The only other ocmplaint I have is that the kids that live in the townhouse complex play in the back and since it's a shared back yard in a sense, it can be annoying late at night.

Luckily no one really annoying though!

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline
Jeesh! That sucks, Rob.

We have pretty good neighbours. A bunch of them though let their dogs outside without leashes and they are little dogs so I don't care, but they run all OVER the place. :lol: The only other ocmplaint I have is that the kids that live in the townhouse complex play in the back and since it's a shared back yard in a sense, it can be annoying late at night.

Luckily no one really annoying though!

This new neighbor is just loud. She seemed annoyed that we didn't go and introduce ourselves to her the second she moved in. Meh, our lease is up in like 3 months and it will go to a month to month arrangement after that so we don't have to take this #######. I like the neighborhood, and our other neighbor is great. But, if she is going to be inconsiderate like this all the time, i'm going to start complaining to the landlord.

Indy.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.