July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
From what you describe, it sounds like it's your transmission. I had a similar situation with a car. With those transmissions they can get pretty expensive, especially if you have it serviced by the dealer. That is part of the reason I prefer manual transmissions, higher performance, better fuel efficiency, and less expensive to service.

I figured it'd be something expensive. Then again, that describes ANYTHING at BMW. :P

You're right -- MT is less hassle and less expensive to fix. Unfortunately, I don't have much choice in the matter right now.

Wow, that surprises me! In Ontario, you can shop around to many different insurance cos, get the best price! How are you going to get the best price in BC if you can't shop around. That would pi$$ me off

You DON'T get the best price. You get whatever ICBC/Autoplan gives you. If you don't like it, then you either drive uninsured or don't have a car.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

There are stores that do carry products that the chain auto stores don't. Audi does the same thing and I've found a great store called BAP Geon. They are all over the U.S., but I couldn't find one in B.C.. I'm sure there are others.

Timeline
There are stores that do carry products that the chain auto stores don't. Audi does the same thing and I've found a great store called BAP Geon. They are all over the U.S., but I couldn't find one in B.C.. I'm sure there are others.

Yeah, places like Canadian Tire aren't much help. My father-in-law did recommend a place called Princess Auto. Sure, it has a dopey name, but if they have what I need and can do repairs for less than BMW, I'll go with them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I'm sorry DeadpoolX (F) , cars always have the worst timing for having problems! I know all too well!!

Why the heck to people have to beat around the bush?!?!?!? Can't they just come out and tell you instead of being a b$tch about it. She wouldn't even have a conversation with me, the tension felt like you could cut it with a knife!!

I have this co-worker who was a practicum student, now a summer student at my job, we have the exact same vechile except hers is a pontiac, they would fit her car perfectly. I am selling my winter tires because I will not be taking them with me when I move due to lack of space. I've had an ad listed for the past 4 months on kijii and the union website, no takers. I thought I would be nice and ask her if she was interested in any winter tires, before spending the $$ to put a newspaper ad. She said she would think about it and let me know, she wants winter tires but it would come down to whether she could afford them or not and may not be able to do 1 payment. I said, we will work it out, even if you can't pay in 1 payment.

I come on shift yesterday first one in 5 days and I say hello and she ignores me, just a weak...if that smile. Same thing today. I finally ask her while she's in the staff office at the same time as me if she was still thinking/interested, it had been a week since I last saw her. (Big sigh as if annoyed I asked).....Well I am interested I just don't know if I can afford them. I said "Well let me know either way, for sure, I need to sell them." No response. I run into her before I am leaving work, while she was coming back into the building with a kid, and she practically rolls her frickin eyes at me!!! :angry:

I'm not asking her to spill her guts about her $$ for god sakes, just have the common decency to let me know as I asked her for a decision by this week when I came on shift and if to move on to another form of selling!! Ugh!! :angry::bonk:

On top of that I think I am getting sick! Doc put me on antibiotic because my 1st throat swab came back indefinitive and he wanted to redo, he noticed my throat was still really red! Its sooo sore!! :crying:

what kinda car is it? and if she won't pony up the money or commit, sell them.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, places like Canadian Tire aren't much help. My father-in-law did recommend a place called Princess Auto. Sure, it has a dopey name, but if they have what I need and can do repairs for less than BMW, I'll go with them.

We had Princess Auto in Ontario - it actually had a really good range of supplies, but then we always had pretty straightforward to fix cars too. Definitely worth a try. Good luck.

Is there any way you can order windshield wipers and other things like that online?

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

We had Princess Auto in Ontario - it actually had a really good range of supplies, but then we always had pretty straightforward to fix cars too. Definitely worth a try. Good luck.

Is there any way you can order windshield wipers and other things like that online?

Princess Auto is good. You can also look to see if you have a NAPA as well.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

http://www.jcwhitney.com/Auto-Parts/10101.jcw

you can dang near order an entire car here part by part.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

ooohers... honestly.. some of the members of my family!!!

2 people kinda ticking me off today.. my bro.. separated from his wife in Dec. She emails me today this nice email about how she misses me etc. etc. and that he's just taking time to do the things he wants to do and that she can't be with him during the process (can't go into details but it's stuff that is a deal breaker in marriage for this gal). She wishes him well, but realizes he has to do what he has to do.. gah.. my bro has ALWAYS just done things for himself and doesn't care how they impact anyone else..

Second my aunt.. disowns the family, tells everyone how aweful we are, goes from one person to another who abuses her.. now she found a "perfect" guy.. but puts on FB today that she's in a women's shelter cause he is aweful.. huh? we went from being the best guy in the world to the worst? I have no clues anymore what is real and what is fiction in this women's life.. classic manipulator... classic...

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I have the worst luck. I went to the dentist today to get the temporary crown he put on two weeks ago replaced with the permanent one. One problem, the permanent one didn't fit properly so he took a new mold and put the temporary one back. Just fice minutes ago, the stupid temporary one came out. I was drinking water for Christ's sake, not eating toffee. Now I have to go back again tomorrow morning from more torture.

I must be costing this dentist a bloody fortune. We negotiated a fixed price for this crown but so many unexpected things have happened. I'm unusually resistant to the painkiller so he had to use five ampules of it on my first visit. Yes, that's five needles, three in my cheek and two right into the gum. They usually don't use any just to place the crown but when he took the little pick thing to the tooth stub this morning it hurt so much I started to cry. So that's another two ampules today. Now there's the unexpected need to go back tomorrow. This guy is surely losing money on this. Of course, I feel guilty about all this even though none of it is my fault.

~ Catherine

Timeline

It's a 2001 BMW 330Ci with around 25,000 miles on it. I bought it in 2001, but eight years later, it's having a few issues.

I could sell it, but I doubt I'd make much on it. Unless a cars is very rare and highly sought after, they always depreciate in value.

I think I can. It'd be great if I can get the wipers online. BMW just charges way too much.

DIFFERENT RANT:

I stopped in a Rogers Video store today and it looked nice. Lots of good deals on video games (both to buy and rent) and their selection was incredible.

However... they had numerous signs and posters up that said the following: "No late fees if you rent three 7-day videos for $15."

Okay, so that sounds good, right? I checked with the staff about that and here's how that conversation went:

[DEADPOOLX] "So how does that plan work? No late fees and all."

[ROGERS VIDEO EMPLOYEE] "You get to rent three DVDs at $15 for a week."

[DPX] "Okay, so if I return them late, there are no late fees, right?"

[RVE] "If you return the videos within seven days, then there are no late fees."

[DPX] "Wait... if I return the videos before they're due there wouldn't be any late fees anyway!"

[RVE] "Yes, that's right. If you return them within seven days, no late fees are applied."

[DPX] "Yeah, I got that. But how is that any different from returning the videos before they're due?"

[RVE] "It's not."

[DPX] "So why advertise 'no late fees' then?"

[RVE] "Because you won't get any if you return them within seven days."

[DPX] "And if I didn't return them within seven days...?"

[RVE] "You'd get charged $1 every day you've had them out beyond the due date."

[DPX] "Then late fees exist."

[RVE] "Yes, if the videos are overdue."

[DPX] "But your store claims there are no late fees!"

[RVE] "Only if you return them on time."

At that point I was about ready to snap. Does any of that make sense? It's obvious that if you return a DVD before it's due that you won't have any late fee charges. When a store advertises "no late fees" any normal person would read that as, "there are no late fees if you're overdue." Apparently Rogers Video likes stating the obvious while pretending they're offering something unique to the customer.

Timeline
DIFFERENT RANT:[/b]

I stopped in a Rogers Video store today and it looked nice. Lots of good deals on video games (both to buy and rent) and their selection was incredible.

However... they had numerous signs and posters up that said the following: "No late fees if you rent three 7-day videos for $15."

Okay, so that sounds good, right? I checked with the staff about that and here's how that conversation went:

[RVE] "If you return the videos within seven days, then there are no late fees."

[DPX] "Wait... if I return the videos before they're due there wouldn't be any late fees anyway!"

[RVE] "Yes, that's right. If you return them within seven days, no late fees are applied."

[DPX] "Yeah, I got that. But how is that any different from returning the videos before they're due?"

[RVE] "It's not."

At that point I was about ready to snap. Does any of that make sense? It's obvious that if you return a DVD before it's due that you won't have any late fee charges. When a store advertises "no late fees" any normal person would read that as, "there are no late fees if you're overdue." Apparently Rogers Video likes stating the obvious while pretending they're offering something unique to the customer.

Hehehehe that is hilarious! It's called marketing and I guess it works for people who aren't as smart as you are to ask about it.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

It's a 2001 BMW 330Ci with around 25,000 miles on it. I bought it in 2001, but eight years later, it's having a few issues.

I could sell it, but I doubt I'd make much on it. Unless a cars is very rare and highly sought after, they always depreciate in value.

I think I can. It'd be great if I can get the wipers online. BMW just charges way too much.

DIFFERENT RANT:

[RVE] "It's not."

I had that same experience with Rogers Video! :lol: I'm like, then your advertising is incorrect and misleading....there IS late fees. The teenaged acne covered kid in the store was like, well I don't come up with it! Duh! No kidding brainiac!!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline
DIFFERENT RANT:[/b]

[RVE] "It's not."

Hehehehe that is hilarious! It's called marketing and I guess it works for people who aren't as smart as you are to ask about it.

Omg my mother had the EXACT same conversation with them at one time. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

i was asking minnew about the car the tires go to :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

i was asking minnew about the car the tires go to :blush:

The tires are 195/60/14..I think..They will fit a Chevrolet Aveo (what I drive) or Pontiac Wave for sure.

Edited by minnew

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.