The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Phone rang at 7 am and woke me. I had to get out of bed to go find a phone because Mel doesn't seem to have the ability to put the phones back on their chargers.

Finally answer it and no one says anything. We don't have call display and I don't bother with *69.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

*sigh... I wish I could vent outloud about a situation in our lives right now.. it's relentless, it doesn't make sense and it is so flipping frustrating. It threatens to destroy us financially and we are agast at the process we'll have to go through to fix it..

Honestly money issues are tough to deal with. I think at times I really didn't understand how my husband's financial obligations were going to affect me. Most days I'm okay with it, but there are times (like today) when I realize how much of our household income relies on me.. thoughts like what if I get sick, what if I (heaven forbid) were to get pregnant? It would ruin us. Completely. :wacko:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Rejection sucks :( That's my vent for today.

Sorry you're going through a hard time, Em (F)

Edited by JillA

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
*sigh... I wish I could vent outloud about a situation in our lives right now.. it's relentless, it doesn't make sense and it is so flipping frustrating. It threatens to destroy us financially and we are agast at the process we'll have to go through to fix it..

Honestly money issues are tough to deal with. I think at times I really didn't understand how my husband's financial obligations were going to affect me. Most days I'm okay with it, but there are times (like today) when I realize how much of our household income relies on me.. thoughts like what if I get sick, what if I (heaven forbid) were to get pregnant? It would ruin us. Completely. :wacko:

So sorry Em...financial issues are always hard to deal with, whatever the situation that creates them. I do hope things even out and get easier for you both. (F)

Hubby and I are having a tough time of it lately because of the economy in this great state of GA. Both of us are state employees...nuff said. I am being furloughed three days this school term. I know to some three days might not sound like a lot, but my pay is less than 18K a year (as an assistant teacher). Then hubby got laid off FT but was offered PT. Naturally he took it but his job runs out in March. Then what...he's looking...applying...but hears nothing.

Some days I look at this and think "oh we're going to be ok financially". There are other days I look at this and wish I could crawl back in bed and sleep all day. Gets depressing. My income is the mortgage - completely all of it. We literally live on his income and the little bit of child support I get. :) I could go on and on but I know I don't have it as bad as some...and I really do try to remember that when I start feeling all down and depressed.

I guess that was my vent. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's been 2 weeks and still no NVC number. :bonk: But now I'm worried about the interview process once I finally get there. I've known my husband since 2005, and we've been dating since 07, married in 09. But we're 20 and 21. Should I be nervous due to our young age or should I not worry since we have piles of evidence and pictures from various times throughout 2008 and 2009. Ugh, paranoia. -_-

aklmdlasmdasldmalsdas

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline
It's been 2 weeks and still no NVC number. :bonk: But now I'm worried about the interview process once I finally get there. I've known my husband since 2005, and we've been dating since 07, married in 09. But we're 20 and 21. Should I be nervous due to our young age or should I not worry since we have piles of evidence and pictures from various times throughout 2008 and 2009. Ugh, paranoia. -_-

aklmdlasmdasldmalsdas

Age ain't nothing but a numberrrr.

:)

You'll be fine.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so for the last month or so I have been squirreling away money for our trip to San Diego in a few weeks... well, wouldn't you know, now there is something wrong with hubby's car.. it is either the battery or the alternator... I am hoping for the battery because that is an easier, cheaper fix... but there goes some of the money I have saved for our trip :(

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

You're right! I'm just terribly over thinking. At least I'm not 20 and he's 60 or something. No offense to anyone in that situation. :unsure: It's just customs always grilled me when at 19, I said I was visiting my fiance. They always let me through though. Maybe they enjoy grilling the young.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline
I'm trying to think. Now that you mention it, I've only ever seen it with domestic flights. We had to go inside for international flights.

I've never been able to use curbside check-in when flying from Texas to Canada, so I have to assume it's only there for domestic flights.

Interestingly enough, some airlines count Canada under the "domestic" banner. I'd prefer that, actually. It'd cut down on the taxes and fees when flying back and forth. :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
so for the last month or so I have been squirreling away money for our trip to San Diego in a few weeks... well, wouldn't you know, now there is something wrong with hubby's car.. it is either the battery or the alternator... I am hoping for the battery because that is an easier, cheaper fix... but there goes some of the money I have saved for our trip :(

have him take it to an auto parts store like o'reilly or autozone, they can test the battery and alternator for you. if battery, that's an easy swap.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Reporting her to her supervisor is the way to go if you\'ve spoken to her about this issue and she has not complied. Actually going to human resources may be the way to go.

That's not my place. Her supervisor can do that.

I've never seen you post about doing that.

I have enough responsibility in my position at this point then to start up something with HR when she\'s going to be leaving soon.

Who says she has to retire?

Every one, including herself. In her words exactly, \"I realize I\'m screwing up every one\'s working life...\"

Because she is incapable of performing her job, and because ti is obvious she doesn\'t want to work any more. That\'s cool. She\'s put in a lot of years. But retire if you are going to come late, leave early, and give every one your work any ways.

This is about WORK, this is not about emotional issues/problems, etc. If you can\'t do your job, don\'t. And don\'t go blaming people when the job doesn\'t get done.

I have as much right as anyone to vent here.

You do. No one said otherwise. Just because I wrote you back and think you are way out of line, I don\'t see ANYwhere where I said you couldn\'t vent. But you have taken it to a personal level.

How would you like it if I vented about YOU? But I don\'t think I\'ve done that have I? You don\'t know me, Carla. We have not met. You are, in fact, judging me. Take your judgments elsewhere. There are other people here that complain about work or people at work as much as I do. The fact that you have chosen to vent about me and my vent is kind of ridiculous. It\'s a shame that you don\'t see that.

That is not out of line, it\'s my vent.

In my opinion and some other people\'s opinions, it\'s out of line. I\'m entitled to think that.

You have a way of writing Amanda, that is often scathing in it\'s articulation of anything that doesn\'t fit with your line of thinking.

So what am I now? Some sort of on-line manipulator? This is the most ridiculous thing I\'ve ever heard. It\'s a ###### vent for crying out loud. I\'m not trying to get ANY one to agree with me in some sort of subcult. You are acting as if I'm brainwashing people and cutting off their hands if they don't get my thought pattern. Whether any one reads my vents on this board or not, that does not change my REAL life and what I have to deal with in reality.

You sound very unhappy in your job, perhaps it\'s because of this supervisor, perhaps not.

Untrue. I actually really like my job and like the people I work with. Ever heard the saying, \"one bad apple spoils the whole bunch\"?

I know you want to get ahead, and I know you were disappointed in how you were passed over for a temporary placement for higher duties at one time. Sometimes it seems like you want to get somewhere, and you\'re not getting there fast enough and that bothers you. Perhaps it\'s because you\'re not recognized for the work you do, though perhaps you\'re seen as someone who demands \"perfection\" of yourself and others and that doesn\'t leave room for good workplace relationships.

Huh? What would you know about my life and what my career goals are? In fact, I wouldn\'t care if I stayed in this job until I have children and went on maternity leave. I\'m 25. I don\'t even know what I truly want yet. I wasn\'t passed over for a temporary replacement for higher duties. I was never considered because I wasn\'t qualified. I didn\'t feel slighted. I\'m more than happy with where I\'ve gotten for now. You are reading way too much into my life and since we don\'t know each other on a personal level, but somehow it seems you KNOW me, I\'m asking you to stop. Your opinions about me are way too strong to have been formed over an online forum. Honestly.

I post these things for you to perhaps think of what I wrote. I won\'t be further writing anymore about them in this thread. I had my vent, I explained as you did where I was coming from, and I\'m done with further disucssing this matter.

The matter was never up for a discussion in the first place! It was a vent. You don\'t vent for discussion purposes all the time. There\'s nothing to discuss. It is what it is and since you are not in my life or at my place of work, you really have no idea what is going on.

Next time try not to go for the jugular.

Edited by thetreble

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
I'm trying to think. Now that you mention it, I've only ever seen it with domestic flights. We had to go inside for international flights.

I've never been able to use curbside check-in when flying from Texas to Canada, so I have to assume it's only there for domestic flights.

Interestingly enough, some airlines count Canada under the "domestic" banner. I'd prefer that, actually. It'd cut down on the taxes and fees when flying back and forth. :P

I have used curbside with Northwest when flying out of Reagan to Saskatoon! I find they rarely weight the bags,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I have used curbside with Northwest when flying out of Reagan to Saskatoon! I find they rarely weight the bags,lol

I normally fly with Continental and I've never flown out of DCA. Maybe it's up to the airline and airport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.