July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you, Danu - that is so nice to hear - and yeah, some of them are really -er- weird, yeah, that's the word, weird!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I want to get the heck outta dodge NOW!!!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

Between my mother and my future MIL.... :angry: Can't even be bothered to tell me that the guest list has changed for the rehearsal dinner...then when I ask her to clarify about it she's all pissy and leaves the IM conversation abruptly!! Then has the obdasity to call Brad and said I was the one who was upset with her?!?!? They picked out the place 2 weeks ago, could you not have mentioned it then, that the place has a capacity limit and that your plans have changed for the numbers!!! Everything seems to change with her....back and forth......

Mom well she can't keep her damn opinions, nasty sarcastic insulting comments to her self. Even though I shut her down right away and ask her to stop, and am pretty clear that I have already decided on something. Even when I have shut her down, she continues on....like what part of it didn't you understand the first time?!?! Its not up for discussion!! She's never had anything nice to say....ever!!!!!!!!!!! I get home work and from the doctor this morning and first words out of her mouth were insulting and dripping with sarcasm. Did she stop there?....no came back 30 minutes later and said...you wanna know something....I said I am not interested in hearing your opinion I didn't ask for it......Did she listen? no!!! Another insult! Thnx mom!!!! You are not an expert! Who does she pick on the most? ME!! When its my younger sister that is needing the most attention and guidance right now! She has no frickin idea even though we have been through this before on how to separate the fact that I am a young adult living at home and a child living at home who still needs to go through mommy for everything!!! It has been a tough adjustment since I lived on my own while in university and I have made changes to adapt, now its her turn!! :angry:

:crying:

Ah! Stay in there, love. I know it's tough living with in laws, or your own family, and also dealing with family in general. Try to picture your future. I didn't do enough of that when I lived with my in laws for a year before we bought a house. I felt stuck constantly and always was under the weight of their opinions, not to mention them watching first hand my first year of marriage being on display. But then we broke free and it's much better for every one involved.

Being an adult and living WITH adults is really not an easy situation. Keep smiling!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

I want to get the heck outta dodge NOW!!!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

Between my mother and my future MIL.... :angry: Can't even be bothered to tell me that the guest list has changed for the rehearsal dinner...then when I ask her to clarify about it she's all pissy and leaves the IM conversation abruptly!! Then has the obdasity to call Brad and said I was the one who was upset with her?!?!? They picked out the place 2 weeks ago, could you not have mentioned it then, that the place has a capacity limit and that your plans have changed for the numbers!!! Everything seems to change with her....back and forth......

Mom well she can't keep her damn opinions, nasty sarcastic insulting comments to her self. Even though I shut her down right away and ask her to stop, and am pretty clear that I have already decided on something. Even when I have shut her down, she continues on....like what part of it didn't you understand the first time?!?! Its not up for discussion!! She's never had anything nice to say....ever!!!!!!!!!!! I get home work and from the doctor this morning and first words out of her mouth were insulting and dripping with sarcasm. Did she stop there?....no came back 30 minutes later and said...you wanna know something....I said I am not interested in hearing your opinion I didn't ask for it......Did she listen? no!!! Another insult! Thnx mom!!!! You are not an expert! Who does she pick on the most? ME!! When its my younger sister that is needing the most attention and guidance right now! She has no frickin idea even though we have been through this before on how to separate the fact that I am a young adult living at home and a child living at home who still needs to go through mommy for everything!!! It has been a tough adjustment since I lived on my own while in university and I have made changes to adapt, now its her turn!! :angry:

:crying:

Ah! Stay in there, love. I know it's tough living with in laws, or your own family, and also dealing with family in general. Try to picture your future. I didn't do enough of that when I lived with my in laws for a year before we bought a house. I felt stuck constantly and always was under the weight of their opinions, not to mention them watching first hand my first year of marriage being on display. But then we broke free and it's much better for every one involved.

Being an adult and living WITH adults is really not an easy situation. Keep smiling!

Thanks Danu and Amanda! I know I keep telling myself only 2 more months and I will be reunited with my fiance, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! My mom and I have a much better relationship when we do not live together! I think that goes for my father and sister too! Its hard living in a house with 4 adults all with different schedules and opinions! Ugh!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

I went to college when I was 17. I stayed down in DC for the summers the whole time I was in college. When I came home for the summer before grad. school and lived there, it was a nightmare, because although I was an adult, my mother still viewed me as the 17 year old who left. Just keep telling yourself you only have a couple months left!!!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

I went to college when I was 17. I stayed down in DC for the summers the whole time I was in college. When I came home for the summer before grad. school and lived there, it was a nightmare, because although I was an adult, my mother still viewed me as the 17 year old who left. Just keep telling yourself you only have a couple months left!!!

I also left for university at 17, I spent 4 summers back in Canada during that time, spent 6 years away from home, even those 3 months were not so fun either! By the time I am reunited with him in 2 months, it will be 6 months since the last time I saw him! I am trying to keep myself busy with working and wedding planning, it still sucks though! :wacko:

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

ROC

y7nv8l5t.png

Totally off subject, but I just read in another thread that you have a BSW, Minnew :) Social workers rock!!! :yes:

Hehehe yes they do!! :D:dance: I read somewhere that you are a social worker as well, are you a BSW or MSW? I am undecided about pursuing graduate school, I really love what I am doing now, I just wish that BSW social workers in the US were paid more comparable to that of social workers in Canada, but I didn't join the profession to be rich thats for sure!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

ROC

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I also left for university at 17, I spent 4 summers back in Canada during that time, spent 6 years away from home, even those 3 months were not so fun either! By the time I am reunited with him in 2 months, it will be 6 months since the last time I saw him! I am trying to keep myself busy with working and wedding planning, it still sucks though! :wacko:

The relationship between adult children and their parents is challenging sometimes really. Mothers, especially, know their children really well, they know their moods etc and sometimes I think when we talk to our child or children we don't use the same language we would use with other people - we just jump right to the conclusion in a conversation - like we probably always have as they were growing up.

I think that is where some of the irritation with parents comes from.

Totally off subject, but I just read in another thread that you have a BSW, Minnew :) Social workers rock!!! :yes:

Hehehe yes they do!! :D:dance: I read somewhere that you are a social worker as well, are you a BSW or MSW? I am undecided about pursuing graduate school, I really love what I am doing now, I just wish that BSW social workers in the US were paid more comparable to that of social workers in Canada, but I didn't join the profession to be rich thats for sure!

MSW. I am licensed clinically now and work in mental health. I am a huge proponent of SW education and always happy to talk about it :) Feel free to PM me if you ever have any questions about social work stuff.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

MSW. I am licensed clinically now and work in mental health. I am a huge proponent of SW education and always happy to talk about it :) Feel free to PM me if you ever have any questions about social work stuff.

Thanks autumn!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

ROC

y7nv8l5t.png

being ignored...that bothers me a lot...especially when you go out of your way to try and help someone out :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

I won't ignore you.

Here, have a cookie :hehe:

No cookies, I'm on a diet :angry:

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

TheTreble -- see the thread I created for an apology to you. :)

Now to my vent -- actually two of them. Some of you know that I've had numerous problems with the Canadian government. It hasn't all been bad, but most of it has been quite aggravating. This extends to ICBC/Autoplan and Revenue Canada.

FIRST VENT

When I signed up for insurance with Autoplan, I was told that if I presented them with proof of my claim-free driving history, I'd get a huge discount on the cost of insurance (and it's retroactive, as well). So that's cool and I got my history.

I presented that history to Autoplan and guess what? Problems! They said that I needed to show my history to Autoplan WHEN FIRST APPLYING! That's nice and all, but I was FIRST TOLD about it when applying for the first time. So how was I supposed to know? I actually commented that "I apparently need to know before knowing" to the Autoplan agent I was working with. She laughed and said, "Yeah, that's about right."

Because I didn't know this -- and couldn't have before applying for the first time -- I was getting charged $20 for presenting my history late. I was more than a little annoyed about this, but at least it's only twenty bucks, right? That shouldn't be too hard to pay, right?

Guess again!

Autoplan doesn't accept credit, debit or cash. You know... all three methods of payment that everyone carries on them. So I'd need to get a check or a money order. Naturally, I didn't have either on me.

I then asked if there's any other way. The agent said I could use cash, but then they'd have to get it cleared with their broker. Once that happened they could send it off to ICBC. So they do take cash, but they obviously don't want anyone knowing that.

I asked how long the whole process would take and she said: "Anywhere between two weeks and two months."

I wondered how long it'd take with a check and you know what she said? The very same thing! So I asked what's the benefit to using a check? She replied, "It's easier for us." :blink:

Needless to say, I used cash. If the wait time is the same, why not?

SECOND VENT

Revenue Canada has decided that it will tax me for income earned OUTSIDE of Canada BEFORE I moved here and became a resident. The info sheet said that if I didn't pay the amount they specified by July 27th, I'd get charged interest.

Well, I knew this didn't sound kosher, so I called them up. The agent said I shouldn't be charged for that and that I need to fill out a form and send it to them explaining my situation. Okay, I figured it'd be something like that. No problem.

The agent also said that I need to contact Revenue Canada's collections department so I'm not charged interest. Once again, that shouldn't be a problem and I thank the agent.

I call the collections department and guess what? Even though the statement I received from Revenue Canada specified that if I didn't pay by July 27th, I'd get charged... they're still charging me interest! Not only that, they started charging me BEFORE they even sent the letter to me!

So this is how it works: I get charged interest before I get a chance to respond and before the deadline, in which I'm supposed to pay or I get charged interest. Does any of this make sense? It sure doesn't to me. :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually neither thing makes sense. I assume you have already spoken with a supervisor or manager for autoplan and explained the situation? I'm not familiar with government auto insurance - we don't have that in Alberta - but are they the only agency you can insure with?

As for Revenue Canada - just not right. When you were speaking with the collections department, did they sort it out for you?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.