July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I know this is the vent thread...but really Amanda. My vent is with YOU. You post in this thread about your boss daily. I know that's what this thread is for, but MY vent is that you are the most UNempathetic person I've ever met! This woman obviously has problems. I don't know what they are. Do you? It sounds like she has emotional as well as physical issues. Have you ever taken some time to sit down with her, or take her out to lunch and see what's going on with her? Perhaps she could use a friend, perhaps she's going through some really troubling times and could use a friend. I'm not saying you have to develop some intimate friendship with her, but GOSH, could you just put one ounce of concern into seeing what's going on with her? After finding out what's going on with her, maybe you could suggest that she gets some help, maybe talk to her about contacting human resources. Could you not show one ounce of compassion???? :angry:

Carla, I find this highly offensive and out of line. I have empathy for many people, but I don't believe that if I don't have it for every one that means I'm the most unsympathetic person you have ever met. Christ, you don't even know me and we actually have never met.

First of all, this is work. She is my boss, not my friend or my family member. She is 60 years old as well. I'm 25. Right now I'm working 10-11 hour day in my 35 hour a week position (7 hours a day) just to keep her afloat. I'm working my but off for HER, I'm not doing it solely for myself. Is that not compassion? If I didn't care, I'd let her drown in her own mistakes when I'm working very hard to fix them and make her look good.

She shows no compassion for me. She treats me like garbage, maybe that's what you are missing. I never get a pat on the back. I never get a thank you. She has plenty of help. She is well off, has a very loving family which calls the office 10 times a day, she has great medical care. Her "issues" aren't my concern. I don't bring my issues to the office, Carla, and I'm sure I have some of them. My job is to go to work, work hard, and go home and spend time with my family. I can't spend time with my family right now because I get up at 4:45 am for work, and I'm not getting home until 7pm. Could you imagine what kind of pressure I'm under to perform both HER job and MY job?

As an aside, I have spoken with her. I have tried to speak with heron various occasions about some of her actions. She's offensive and rude. She puts me down. Since I can't put her down as that would be wrong an insubordinate, I chose to write it in here.

Lastly, if someone is throwing up constantly with her door closed, not going to the bathroom or going home, I find that an unsanitary work condition and will be reporting it to her supervisor. I don't think that's a very nice position to put someone in. I have enough going on in my life without having to take on the problems of a woman who won't retire because she loves to gossip about people at work and that's really why she comes every day.

Edited by thetreble

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I must say I agree with Amanda on this one. Back when we had Matilda "working" here, it was painfully clear he had major issues. However, he refused any acknowledgment of such and just continued to make more work for the rest of the staff. He was my coworker, not my friend. I believe I was hired to give solutions, not problems; and i feel that is also Amanda's position. Having to work extra to cover for someone else's ** ups is not cool. The same way Matilda had to be fired; seems Amanda's boss needs to either file with the Disability Services Office; request more personnel, take some sensitivity training, or retire.

Peace out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

am i really in the canadian regional or did someone move this to off topic? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
am i really in the canadian regional or did someone move this to off topic? :unsure:

This does not bear any resemblance whatsoever to off topic. This is a discussion, by adults, on their differing viewpoints on a situation.

Timeline

Exactly - Off Topic posters can take a good lesson from here on how to handle differences of opinion - politely, honestly and intelligently.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Exactly - Off Topic posters can take a good lesson from here on how to handle differences of opinion - politely, honestly and intelligently.

maybe it should be part of the tos - everyone has to visit the canadian regional for their first week of vj orientation.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

Doom Lord Kazzak (the new kitten) is now too big to balance on my shoulder. He's tries then sits in my lap, looks up at me and meows. He'll have to get used to the fact that I can't sit around holding him up on my shoulder all day. :rolleyes:

~ Catherine

Timeline
I miss CTV news.

Thats my vent today.

Me too :crying: Lloyd Robertson used to be my BFF!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I miss Lloyd, too. That dry, wrinkly old man! Love him!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

I want to get the heck outta dodge NOW!!!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

Between my mother and my future MIL.... :angry: Can't even be bothered to tell me that the guest list has changed for the rehearsal dinner...then when I ask her to clarify about it she's all pissy and leaves the IM conversation abruptly!! Then has the obdasity to call Brad and said I was the one who was upset with her?!?!? They picked out the place 2 weeks ago, could you not have mentioned it then, that the place has a capacity limit and that your plans have changed for the numbers!!! Everything seems to change with her....back and forth......

Mom well she can't keep her damn opinions, nasty sarcastic insulting comments to her self. Even though I shut her down right away and ask her to stop, and am pretty clear that I have already decided on something. Even when I have shut her down, she continues on....like what part of it didn't you understand the first time?!?! Its not up for discussion!! She's never had anything nice to say....ever!!!!!!!!!!! I get home work and from the doctor this morning and first words out of her mouth were insulting and dripping with sarcasm. Did she stop there?....no came back 30 minutes later and said...you wanna know something....I said I am not interested in hearing your opinion I didn't ask for it......Did she listen? no!!! Another insult! Thnx mom!!!! You are not an expert! Who does she pick on the most? ME!! When its my younger sister that is needing the most attention and guidance right now! She has no frickin idea even though we have been through this before on how to separate the fact that I am a young adult living at home and a child living at home who still needs to go through mommy for everything!!! It has been a tough adjustment since I lived on my own while in university and I have made changes to adapt, now its her turn!! :angry:

:crying:

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

*hugs* I hear you darling. Loud and clear. I spent the entire day out of the house for that reason.

On a side note, I think the Canadian mods are awesome and would personally like to thank Kathryn and Krit for reading all the wierd posts that they do every day.

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.