July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So my boss is throwing up in her office with the door closed again, like it's okay.

She dose this about once a week now.

There is definitely a psychological problem which needs to be addressed. Someone should speak with her supervisor.

She is desperate for attention, maybe it's a sad cry for help

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my boss had a break down this morning in my co-workers office. Absolutely balling. Now, I know people have stuff that gose on in their lives and I'm always here as a listener, but I'm a big advocate of not turning on the fireworks at work, you know? It does happen to ppl though.

Any ways, the purpose of her cry? She thinks she is losing her mind. Literally thinks she has the onset of dementia. Why are you talking to your co-worker about that though that you don't interact with often? Kind of a serious topic.

I think its a sympathy ploy because she's always messing up and forgetting, so now she thinks if we sympathize we won't get ticked off as much.

I'm not sure what EAP is, Krikit, but I'm sure we have all kinds of stuff on a university campus.

She has all kinds of medical issues and all kinds of doctors. She sees doctors weekly for all kinds of stuff. She never exercised her entire life, not even a walk. She takes the elevator down 2 flights of stairs. She drives her car on campus when we have a meeting that is a 5 minute walk away. I can tell you why she's not healthy, including her poor hygiene.

Rob- That's why I'm not falling for it. She got blasted in a meeting this morning and then this happened like literally..10 seconds afterwards. We have a company that runs our parking office for us. (I work in the administration, not the customer service portion of it which we pay them to run)

Well, someone stole $1500.00 from the safe and she told the VP it was $150.00 because she just didn't take time to read it.

BIG difference.

So my boss is throwing up in her office with the door closed again, like it's okay.

She dose this about once a week now.

I know this is the vent thread...but really Amanda. My vent is with YOU. You post in this thread about your boss daily. I know that's what this thread is for, but MY vent is that you are the most UNempathetic person I've ever met! This woman obviously has problems. I don't know what they are. Do you? It sounds like she has emotional as well as physical issues. Have you ever taken some time to sit down with her, or take her out to lunch and see what's going on with her? Perhaps she could use a friend, perhaps she's going through some really troubling times and could use a friend. I'm not saying you have to develop some intimate friendship with her, but GOSH, could you just put one ounce of concern into seeing what's going on with her? After finding out what's going on with her, maybe you could suggest that she gets some help, maybe talk to her about contacting human resources. Could you not show one ounce of compassion???? :angry:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
^ Holy cow Sprai. Where does the friend part of frenemy come in. She just sounds like enemy and nothing saving the friend part.

Seriously, ditch the b1tch! She's not a real friend, and especially if she really is the one that did the VJ link - that is despicable!

Yea. She's the one you met that night at silk city. :lol:

I have a hard time letting go because I am always, always giving people chances and I think that's my problem. So I am going to work on that.

We had stopped talking for quite a while and then I found out she was moving so I decided to hang out with her and she didn't change. Not that I expected her to. I guess I just hoped.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
^ Holy cow Sprai. Where does the friend part of frenemy come in. She just sounds like enemy and nothing saving the friend part.

Seriously, ditch the b1tch! She's not a real friend, and especially if she really is the one that did the VJ link - that is despicable!

Yea. She's the one you met that night at silk city. :lol:

I have a hard time letting go because I am always, always giving people chances and I think that's my problem. So I am going to work on that.

We had stopped talking for quite a while and then I found out she was moving so I decided to hang out with her and she didn't change. Not that I expected her to. I guess I just hoped.

OMG the girl I met!? That's crazy! Well I think with her move to Texas you might just drift apart naturally, just don't make the effort to stay in touch and she's so far away you won't be able to get together with her on a regular basis anyhow.

Maybe she is jealous of you and that's why she tries and brings you down. I have a friend like that, and I realized in the end she was jealous of my happiness as she was unhappy with her life

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

My husband says the same thing but her life is great. I think she's pretty, super smart and she's got everything going for her. But she can't hold friendships down with girls and I beginning to understand why.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

She may still be insecure even though you think shes doing great. I have a "friend" like that too that I have just stopped talking to because outwordly she appears wonderfully happy, great job, good looking etc etc, but inside she can't stop scheming against people because its like she believes that if anyone gets into her little shell that they will find out shes no better than they are, and she just MUST be perfect. Its annoying to say the least.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

UGH UGH UGH

I went to go check the rate on my US Funds to CDN Account today online TD Bank and I hit TRANSFER accidentely and the transfer rate sucked and it was thousands of dollars

I feel like such an idiot. They won't undo it. It was a serious slip, I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO.

I lost around $150-$300 because today's rate was so shitty :(

I feel so stupid.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Call them back and ask to speak with a supervisor. At the very minimum they should offer to split the difference.

They can't do anything since it was a "real time transfer" and the exchange rates are always changing.

Oh well. My husband owed me the money, he gave it to me in US funds and I was waiting for a good day to transfer it... so it's my own fault and loss. He's all mad at me now because he says I don't think about things before I do them... it was a serious slip of the mouse.

I'm more mad at myself then mad about losing the money.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Damn, sapphire! That's brutal, sorry. There should be an "UNDO" button or something. At least on Custom House, it's pretty hard to make a mistake. You have to click "create trade" and then confirm once or twice, so that cannot happen easily on CH.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Damn, sapphire! That's brutal, sorry. There should be an "UNDO" button or something. At least on Custom House, it's pretty hard to make a mistake. You have to click "create trade" and then confirm once or twice, so that cannot happen easily on CH.

Yes I agree, they should hold the trade for a couple of minutes - or ensure there is a confirmation screen or something.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

My superivisor and boss are fighting and I feel caught in the middle. I listen to them both vent, never say a word to either of them about what the other says but I just feel stuck.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
My superivisor and boss are fighting and I feel caught in the middle. I listen to them both vent, never say a word to either of them about what the other says but I just feel stuck.

they shouldn't be involving you in their squabbles.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I just want to go work in a grocery store sometimes. But then you get there and your legs hurt from standing and you never see a free weekend again. Oh but that grass sure does look greener from here.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.