July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So my boss not only left early yesterday without telling any one, including her boss, but SHE CALLED OUT TODAY! She's making twice as much money as I am, and I'm stuck constantly doing all her work. This is the second busiest time of year for us, behind when the students actually come to campus for the first few weeks. We are setting everything up for them to come.

Ever since she told every one she's retiring Dec. 31st, she's been not doing any work at all, taking long lunch breaks, coming in late and leaving early...####### can I do??

Pretty much nothing. I think when someone quits a job, generally - their work decreases significantly :lol:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

haha, True. But, will she continue to do this to me for 6 months!!?? I'm only an assistant!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

:lol:

Oh she'd love that!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Treble.. are you keeping a file of the projects you are accomplishing and all the things you are doing? Someone once suggested doing that to me, and then at raise time when you are negotiating why you should be given a raise you can pull that file out with all of your accomplishments, suggestions that worked etc. etc and you place that file nicely on the desk and say.. ."here's everything I've done since last year, this is what I've accomplished and why I'm valuable to this company (and why I can do my bosses job)".. sounds like you need to start a file gal.. a file to show just what it is you do around there.. :thumbs:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
So my boss not only left early yesterday without telling any one, including her boss, but SHE CALLED OUT TODAY! She's making twice as much money as I am, and I'm stuck constantly doing all her work. This is the second busiest time of year for us, behind when the students actually come to campus for the first few weeks. We are setting everything up for them to come.

Ever since she told every one she's retiring Dec. 31st, she's been not doing any work at all, taking long lunch breaks, coming in late and leaving early...####### can I do??

It's like your senior year in high school. I got good grades went to class most of the time, but as soon as I got the acceptance letter from my first choice university, my attitude changed completely. I just could not be bothered and only did enough to not get kicked out til graduation. I think you can expect the same level of effort from your boss.

Timeline

So yesterday I wasn't feeling very well - achy, stomach problems and not really able to stand up much without feeling I was going to faint. Last night when I was getting ready for bed I felt really hot and wondered if I had a fever. Then I realized I couldn't hear the air conditioner. I went to check - it was on but it wasn't running and the temperature in the house was 81 degrees (we have it set at 77). So I try the settings, turning it on and off again - nada - not even the fan is running. So I call to the emergency line at the Heating and Air Conditioning Service for them to come out, and right now I am sitting with the windows open getting a little bit of a breeze waiting for the service man to show up. Thank heavens the forecast for today is only in the high 80s and not the 90s like we have been getting. The A/C died on us last year at almost the same time - it was a bad capacitor - but the fan kept running then. I just hope they will be able to fix it and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Ah, the joys of home ownership. Yesterday just wasn't a good day for a number of reasons.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I'm stunned for all the families stuck in the adoption scandal back home..

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/prince-edward-isl...bankruptcy.html

I have 2 friends who were adopting through this agency.. such a tragedy.. they both have at least 8 thousand dollars invested in the process right now.. so so so so heartbreaking.

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline
I'm stunned for all the families stuck in the adoption scandal back home..

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/prince-edward-isl...bankruptcy.html

I have 2 friends who were adopting through this agency.. such a tragedy.. they both have at least 8 thousand dollars invested in the process right now.. so so so so heartbreaking.

I heard about that, such a shame :(

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
Awww. That's so sad, E. :(

Hope you're feeling better soon, Kathryn. And I hope your A/C is too.... at very little cost to you.

Thanks - mostly better but still have a bad headache.

Yes, the service man just left - another bad capacitor - and the warranty on it literally expired last week! GRR. So $260 later we have A/C again and I am sitting here feeling the coolness start to flow in.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I've never contributed here, but hopefully no one will mind an out of the blue rant...

This isn't just about Ben... though, heh, it is what sparks the need to rent... but about people like this in general.

It bothers me to no end that people are so quick to draw on "other options" when they're having a bad day. Oh, the phone company is being stupid this month, let's switch. Oh, nothing seemed to go right at work today, maybe I should look into another career. Oh, the cat messed the floor, so I never want us to get a cat. People on WoW are such idiots, let's quit and play LotR.. :bonk:

These people will flame and rant and moan about whatever situation is currently occurring, or occurred throughout the day, and will immediately begin to discuss other options to fix the "ongoing situation". GUESS WHAT?! It's not an ongoing situation. You had a bad day. Chill out!

Day two (following said situation/rant/whathaveyou), when asked about whatever option it was resolved upon was best (for an nonexistent ongoing issue, of course), the entire conversation is FLUFFED OFF by the individual who started it!

And goodness knows, I come home from work with a rant or two occasionally, but if I rant, it's going to be a rant... a loooooong bout of nonsense and bitching and moaning... not contingency plans because I had a bad day.

So anyhow, to sum up said rant: Is it really that terrible of me not to want to contribute my sincerest thinking abilities to conversations such as these when I know that it will have little to no bearing on how I go about my day following it?

(See what I meant about nonsense...)

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline

You know you’re deep-rooted in consumer culture if:

1) you get irritated if the McWorker forgets to say “thank you” after taking your order.

2) you complain that your coffee isn’t filled “all the way” to the rim.

3) you ever expected a discount from anyone for any reason.

4) you take exception with any of the above 3.

a friend of mine recently wrote this.. got a kick out of it :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

You know what bothers me? The sound that flip flops make... they make that sound where you can tell the bottom of the foot is sweaty and gross and sticking to the sole somewhat. I work in an office with minimal noise so that sound is loud and clear and it really makes me cringe.

Okay thats my lame vent for the day. :D

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.