The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think it's been raining in New Jersey 90% of the last entire month and a half..I kid you not. It's starting to get really depressing.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Omg day 44848637 of the cleaning lady going on about her leg and the spider bite. :lol: STOPPPP THE MADNESS she's talking to me as I type this.. even though I am trying to look busy.

And yes the rain is starting to get on my nerves as well Amanda... I like cloudy days but not when its pouring down on me.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

The next time she talks about the spider bite, top it. Start telling her about the time you got bit by a snake. Or a bear. Or a mosquito. Go on and on and on about it. If she tries to one-up you, tell her about the time you were bit by a giraffe. There is no end to the possibilities! :dance:

iagree.gif

Timeline
Omg day 44848637 of the cleaning lady going on about her leg and the spider bite. :lol: STOPPPP THE MADNESS she's talking to me as I type this.. even though I am trying to look busy.

And yes the rain is starting to get on my nerves as well Amanda... I like cloudy days but not when its pouring down on me.

Cleaning lady at your MIL's? :lol:

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

No at work. :lol:

I don't live with the inlaws and haven't for over a year silly. I haven't even seen their cleaning lady since I have left and I am quite happy with that. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
The next time she talks about the spider bite, top it. Start telling her about the time you got bit by a snake. Or a bear. Or a mosquito. Go on and on and on about it. If she tries to one-up you, tell her about the time you were bit by a giraffe. There is no end to the possibilities! :dance:

It's like she's nice, but ever since she realized that I listen, she doesn't stop talking.

Now she's going on about the sulfur in the antibiotics that she got from the doctors and how she got a bad reaction from it because the dose was too high. And I know there are a million things that could be worse to hear but I hear this EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

:wacko:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

Timeline
No at work. :lol:

I don't live with the inlaws and haven't for over a year silly. I haven't even seen their cleaning lady since I have left and I am quite happy with that. :P

I know you don't live with them! :lol: I thought maybe you had a day off today and were at your MIL's for some reason.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

God no!! Would you go to the depths of hell on your day off?? I don't go unless I am summoned by the beast itself and even then I make sure I'm in and out.

BTW that was complete and total sarcasm, I do not think my MIL is satan. I give satan a little more credit than that.

KIDDING! :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Been a pricey and pain in the butt here,lol! Had to replace the front brakes in the Scion and chg the oil, etc. Our camry is next up for inspection and I have a feeling it will require new front brakes as well as it is due.

Last week our water heater bit the dust, knew that as it leaked! Leaked right down to the lady below us, ouch. No real damage, and lucky she likes us! BUT they installed the new water heater incorrectly, so it leaked! 2nd floor condos and above, according to 'code" must have a pan, and pipe leading from the pan to pipes---thus, you according to theory, if it breaks, you dont flood out ur neighbors below you! Well the kid that installed the heater, didnt pay much attention, and the pan was to high for the heater---thus it put pressure on the plastic outflow valve--thus that valve was resting on the pan---so about a weak later, that valve broke off, and water everywhere. As well he didnt glue the pipe that lead from the pan to the wall, so thats where the water came out! fun stuff!! BUT, the owner of the company came by and admitted it was thier fault! So they have cleaned it up, getting new flooring in my laundry room, and another new water heater! probably look better than it did before,lol! Just a pain as this happened on Sunday, so we have been without hot water since then! I dont mind cold showers, wife refuses too, and showers at her close by brothers place,lol Hopefully that sage will come to an end today!

On the bright side, got a new Vizio LCD HD, Tivio HD and Verizon FIOS gets installed next Tuesday! Comes with the NHL network, sweet!! Not sure if one actually gets live games on the NHL network or not???? Anyone know?? As I know they have another option called NHL center Ice, which does show live games!

back to the books

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.