July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a really good memory... exceptional actually... and I have always been known for it.

So I really hate it when I tell my boss she told me something and she says denies it.

But yet I can remember the day, the weather, and her exact words.

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

*SIGH* I just went to the mailbox and received a rejection letter from my most recent interview... It states that "Your background and experience, while impressive, are not the most closely matched with this vacancy". That's probably their standard reply.

Oh well, gotta keep trying.... it's so damn hard to find a decent job!! Just feeling discouraged. I need a drink :wacko:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
*SIGH* I just went to the mailbox and received a rejection letter from my most recent interview... It states that "Your background and experience, while impressive, are not the most closely matched with this vacancy". That's probably their standard reply.

Oh well, gotta keep trying.... it's so damn hard to find a decent job!! Just feeling discouraged. I need a drink :wacko:

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that Jill! Don't get discouraged, something will come up :thumbs:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

Keep trying, Jill! It will come soon.

I had a guy come to fix the air conditioner today...in the process of taking a look at all of our stuff which is in the attic, not in the basement, he accidentally put his foot through my bedroom ceiling.

So...now I have a 2 by 2 ft hole in my ceiling I've gotta fix...

Looking on the bright side, the air conditioner works! :thumbs:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

...oh and I have bronchitis

...and Christiano Ronaldo got traded from Man United to Real Madrid for 132 million dollars. Le Sigh. :(

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
*sigh.. can I ask Mum's out there about child support payments? What happens when the non-custodial parent takes custody of the children for a period of time (say 2 month stints).. does the court (as we've read online tonite) typically award the custodial parent full child support payments during that time frame regardless of the fact that the non-custodial parent is occurring expenses of their own? So basically you pay full child support 12 months of the year if you are a non-custodial parent regardless of the time spent with the non-custodial parent.. Is it dumb of me to even ask that question?

PS I think I know the answer to the question based on what we read online tonite and if so I think this is aptly placed in the right thread :(

it varies by state - the one i'm familiar with - texas - the kid has to be with the non-custodial for more than the time frame you listed above.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Awe sorry Jill. (F) Any org will be super lucky to have you.

Timeline

Dear Dish:

I'm getting ready to pitch your Dish Network receiver into the ocean. Its been 6 weeks of crappy crappy service. No one there knows how to fix anything. Your best solution is to just ship a new receiver. Isn't that getting costly? 3 receivers in 6 weeks. Or are you shipping me someone else's returned receiver that hasn't been quite refurbished yet. I know you say we're one of your top customers when I call the customer service line, is that because I have frequent caller miles from calling so much in the past 2 months? Do I get a discount on next months service since I'll only have satellite service for two weeks out of the month by the time my new receiver arrives?

I spend more time verifying my name and correct address with you on the phone. I don't actually spend any quality time trying to fix the problem. You like to start with the same placation after waiting on hold for a few minutes - "I'm sorry Ma'am, let me see if we can fix your receiver." You're not going to see if you can fix my receiver. You're going to verify my address to send me a new one. And I have to box up the old one and send it back to you again. Stop lying to me Mr. Customer Service Man. Tell me I'm the most annoying customer ever, that you really don't care what my problem is, and just cancel my service and go with cable.

Please stop being seethingly nice over the phone because I know you're just as frustrated as I am at this point. Stop asking me how the weather is in Hawaii. I know you don't really care. I can hear your supervisor training you in the background. I can hear her in the background say "she seems agitated, apologize for the inconvenience, and let her know that we can send a new one right away." If I didn't love my husband so much, I would have told you all to f-off weeks ago but apparently DVRing Deadliest Catch in 3 time zones is very important and something that cable cannot offer.

Seriously Agitated,

MrsCat

PS: John at the Portland call center deserves a raise. Despite my numerous attempts to get him to swear at me and this fangled situation, he is always very calm and disarming.

Timeline

we just had directv out at the house, had a bad splitter. $50...........

a bad box a month ago, $20 - and it's their box!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

What's a splitter? How did you get them to come to your house? I think they're scared of me. . . . .

Timeline

What's a splitter? How did you get them to come to your house? I think they're scared of me. . . . .

a splitter splits the signal into several different cables - if you have more than one tv hooked up to the dish, then odds are you have a splitter. they are relatively inexpensive, try getting one at radio shack and changing it out with the one in the house first before a service call.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Dear Dish:

I'm getting ready to pitch your Dish Network receiver into the ocean. Its been 6 weeks of crappy crappy service. No one there knows how to fix anything. Your best solution is to just ship a new receiver. Isn't that getting costly? 3 receivers in 6 weeks. Or are you shipping me someone else's returned receiver that hasn't been quite refurbished yet. I know you say we're one of your top customers when I call the customer service line, is that because I have frequent caller miles from calling so much in the past 2 months? Do I get a discount on next months service since I'll only have satellite service for two weeks out of the month by the time my new receiver arrives?

I spend more time verifying my name and correct address with you on the phone. I don't actually spend any quality time trying to fix the problem. You like to start with the same placation after waiting on hold for a few minutes - "I'm sorry Ma'am, let me see if we can fix your receiver." You're not going to see if you can fix my receiver. You're going to verify my address to send me a new one. And I have to box up the old one and send it back to you again. Stop lying to me Mr. Customer Service Man. Tell me I'm the most annoying customer ever, that you really don't care what my problem is, and just cancel my service and go with cable.

Please stop being seethingly nice over the phone because I know you're just as frustrated as I am at this point. Stop asking me how the weather is in Hawaii. I know you don't really care. I can hear your supervisor training you in the background. I can hear her in the background say "she seems agitated, apologize for the inconvenience, and let her know that we can send a new one right away." If I didn't love my husband so much, I would have told you all to f-off weeks ago but apparently DVRing Deadliest Catch in 3 time zones is very important and something that cable cannot offer.

Seriously Agitated,

MrsCat

PS: John at the Portland call center deserves a raise. Despite my numerous attempts to get him to swear at me and this fangled situation, he is always very calm and disarming.

I'm truly sorry for your pain MrsCat...but you are simply the most funniest person! That letter is so funny! :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Mrs. cat.. I was JUST formulating a letter this morning on the walk to work to the Mayor of our town (that we'll soon move out of).. something about crazy taxes, and lack of affordable housing for us middle class folk.. :bonk: I may steal some of your excellent points :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
Mrs. cat.. I was JUST formulating a letter this morning on the walk to work to the Mayor of our town (that we'll soon move out of).. something about crazy taxes, and lack of affordable housing for us middle class folk.. :bonk: I may steal some of your excellent points :)

So I take it no luck in finding a place in your area Em - so you are going to be looking further out?

Timeline
So I take it no luck in finding a place in your area Em - so you are going to be looking further out?

We did find something this past weekend that fits our budget, and it's just outside our town, so not the crazy taxes.. BUT.. the lady we are renting from, friends of ours are renting from and are having problems with her .. they have lead paint in their apt. and she's being belligerent about it (they have a newborn), and they also raised their rent because of said newborn (which is illegal).. anyway, when we toured the place she said we could move in early because the tenant would be moving out (and she said the words FOR FREE) but when she found out our current landlord is going to prorate our rent from the time we move out, she told us she was going to prorate that week and a bit with us.. :angry: Then we told her we needed a couple of days to come up with the deposit money (who has 1100$ in cash laying around) and she balked at that.. and said that the landlords wanted to take their rent money out on the 1st of each month straight out of our bank account :blink: ummmmm no.. we don't pay ANY bills that way thank you very much.. PLUS there is a grace period in our state (it's in the legislation that gives you 10 days to pay rent due on the 1st of the month).. anyway, we are reasonable people, this lady just seems to be a sly fox and likes to get the best deal she can for her company.. which is fine, I'm just not really used to having to negotiate every single flipping detail of a lease with someone.. give me a break.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.