July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
:lol:

No we aren't. We are having dinner and then dancing. Although, I wouldn't mind going to a renaissance fair! I'd be well chuffed at going to one of those.

:dance: I'm excited... I need a fun girly night!

Why do people put such odd pictures in their signatures? I know there is a mechanism to turn them off completely, but sometimes they are cute and I like to see them (like the ones Marilyn chooses)

But I just opened a thread and there is someones ultrasound of their pregnancy. What's up with that?

Anyway, yeah I know, I'm on my way to turn off the signatures - but geez.

You can turn off someone's signature? I also think it's odd when someone puts their ultrasound pic as their facebook profile photo. I dunno, it just seems a bit personal to me to share with the world

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

No we aren't. We are having dinner and then dancing. Although, I wouldn't mind going to a renaissance fair! I'd be well chuffed at going to one of those.

Why do people put such odd pictures in their signatures? I know there is a mechanism to turn them off completely, but sometimes they are cute and I like to see them (like the ones Marilyn chooses)

But I just opened a thread and there is someones ultrasound of their pregnancy. What's up with that?

You can turn off someone's signature? I also think it's odd when someone puts their ultrasound pic as their facebook profile photo. I dunno, it just seems a bit personal to me to share with the world

"I'M NOT FRIENDS WITH YOUR BABY!"

Haha I love the air farce. :rofl:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Like amanda said, the test is very carefuly worded and constructed. They will cleverly ask you a question, and then 20 pages later, they rephrase the question and ask you again. They aren't simple yes or no questions either.

Yeah I love those 'repeated' questions :lol:

From what you have said Jill, I can understand what you mean that a lot of it seems irrelevant for the position you have applied for, however we must keep in mind that they probably think they are nifty keano for having such an irrelevant test!

Doesn't that make you think about all the forms we all have to fill out for all of this immigration stuff??? The same questions, asked another way, on a different sheet of paper... although (in my opinion) all the papers end up in the same file folder??!! lol

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline
At least once a week while shopping, I get approached by women wanting me to join some Mary Kay leadership something or other. Then I spend the next ten minutes with my fingers in my ears repeating "No, no. no!" until they finally get the hint. I would mind so much if they had the grace to back of when asked to. Today's was particularly difficult to dislodge.

Next time it happens I'm going to ask if she's gotten permission to be in the store bothering the customers and then I'm going to complain to the store manager.

~ Catherine

you have to master the no eye contact rule. seems to work most the time, but if they start talking i just go no and just keep walking. they get the hint fast lol.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's exactly what I think too - it's so personal.

Timeline

I have a friend who bought an actual heart rate monitor for her fetus and every day she posts the heart rate.. she also has the ultrasound pic up as her profile pic.

I remember in highschool, living in North Bay (with the highest teenage pregnancy rate in the country at the time) some girls would stick the damn things up in their locker or tape it to their binders as if the blasted thing were a backstreet boy or something. I never understood that. It was something most of them carried around though, I truly believe it was so that no one would beat them up. Hey I'm pregnant... don't fight meh.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I have a friend who bought an actual heart rate monitor for her fetus and every day she posts the heart rate.. she also has the ultrasound pic up as her profile pic.

I remember in highschool, living in North Bay (with the highest teenage pregnancy rate in the country at the time) some girls would stick the damn things up in their locker or tape it to their binders as if the blasted thing were a backstreet boy or something. I never understood that. It was something most of them carried around though, I truly believe it was so that no one would beat them up. Hey I'm pregnant... don't fight meh.

geez!

Timeline

Okay, I have a major rant... but it is more of a vent for myself. I think I'm going to scream.

I have grades due tomorrow morning by 8:40 (our system has been up & down and I can't get the stupid grades into the program), I need to straighten up my house, clean my house, do laundry (which I can't do b/c I'm watching my mom's dogs and they pee'd on the dog pillows I have and I can only wash one at a time... so I'm washing those instead of my clothes), and work on some wedding stuff as well as get info for AoS.

But, no. I can't do any of that. Since I have been up, literally, I have been cleaning up after dogs. I have 2 dogs and I can handle them. But, my parents, are ironically in London, ON, for a convention and they're visiting with my fiance'. So, that means, I also have their two dogs. I can handle them. But, when you put the 4 of them together at my house, it is a living nightmare. Their female is a *&%^%%$$ princess and won't "go" where she is supposed to "go" (in the grassy area)... instead she uses my DECK as a waste-place. ARGH. Their male, won't leave one of my dogs alone and so my lab aimlessly wanders around the house (think nervous energy) to try and get away from him.

I let them out so I can go get dressed to go outside and clean up doggie doo. When I let them back in, one of my dogs has ####### on her back hind feet... seriously ground in to her paws. ARGH. Now, there are 50 dog paw ####### tracks all over my carpet. Because, she was the first one in when I let the four of them back inside, I didn't see the mess until I turned around. So, I have to clean her paws. Not an easy task to do by yourself with three other dogs wandering around inquisitively. Mind you, I have yet to make it outside to clean up the poop outside.

So, I pull my leftovers from dinner out to get to room temp while I set the oven to re-bake my nachos. I go outside and finally clean up the mess. Then, when I come in to check on the oven, I find my leftovers EATEN! And, because I spent yesterday in dress fittings, shoe shopping to go with the dress, and shopping for the unmentionables to under the dress, I wasn't able to straighten up or clean the house.

I'm just ready to CRY! Today was supposed to be my day to get everything done. Instead, it has turned in to a day of cleaning up after stupid DOGS. :crying:

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Aw, I hate days like that! Hopefully, it will get better soon. Maybe the dogs will take a nap.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Aw, I hate days like that! Hopefully, it will get better soon. Maybe the dogs will take a nap.

The ironic part is, NOW they are napping... but of course, that's because I've been spending time on the phone with a co-worker who has been out on workman's comp for tearing his shoulder lifting a *#&$*#&$ heavy science kit and he is having problems with the grade program and the grades his long-term sub has given him. So, now that they're resting... I'm on the phone.

C'mon!!! I can't catch a break! *sigh*

Okay... now that I'm off the phone (lol... was typing this as I was listening to him go on about grades) with Dave... the dogs are still napping. What to do first... grade, clean, laundry... ugh.

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

I needed to get details of an obituary on-line at the Montreal Gazette and this is the first thing I see on their site today:

Parti Québécois seeks to affirm supremacy of French

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Life/seeks+...2027/story.html

Grrr ... this is some of the ####### I wanted to get away from and it still has a way of getting in my face.

Funny-quotes-Daffy-Duck.jpg

Timeline

Even though I'm venting about this, I do know and take responsibility for the fact that this is my own fault. Mel and I waited 6 weeks after she arrived here to actually get married. She wanted a specific day, and we actually had to save a couple paychecks for the AoS etc. Well, it took a little over 3 weeks for the marriage certificate to arrive, and then we waited til the next friday when I had it off to go get a SSN and drivers license. Well we find out that they won't process it if the visa expires within 3 weeks. So we now have to do AoS in order to be able to apply for a SSN and drivers license. So I guess I better get back to printing.

On a brighter note, at least Krikit and Kathryn will have one less person to have to deal with in OT :innocent:

Filed: Timeline
On a brighter note, at least Krikit and Kathryn will have one less person to have to deal with in OT :innocent:

That's what you get for playing in the sandbox instead of researching your next move. :hehe:

I needed to get details of an obituary on-line at the Montreal Gazette and this is the first thing I see on their site today:

Parti Québécois seeks to affirm supremacy of French

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Life/seeks+...2027/story.html

Grrr ... this is some of the ####### I wanted to get away from and it still has a way of getting in my face.

Nice. I love how they deliberately mis-worded the headline just to give people's indignation a jump start. :rolleyes:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.