The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yea well, when I was a kid I had a total of 12 on me, like it wasn't bad at all. I remember my mom taking me to see the little mermaid on one of the days because they weren't bad at all. Then I got them when I was an adult and that was bad. I had an insane fever, chills, they were EVERYWHERE... and I mean EVERYWHERE! In my mouth and everything, which is why I was in the hospital, I had a hard time breathing and couldn't eat.

That's horrible!! Maybe when you were little it wasn't a full blown case so that's why you got them as an adult.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Timeline

Stupid HOA account management people. I've just spoken with them on the phone and emailed the details of our payment back in January. He thinks it may have been posted to someone else's account. We received a registered letter notice from that company in our mailbox so I'm assuming they've filed a lien. If this goes against our credit report I am going to have an aneurism. Off to the post office to pick up the letter, I guess. :angry:

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Declan has croup. For crying out loud, how many times can this kid get sick??? I know it is the daycare and actually I have read studies that show there is some health benefit to being exposed to germs early on and thus building up immunity .... but I HATE seeing him miserable ... and it is dang hard to go to work and try to focus all day after you have been up all night with a crying baby.

I had croup several times when I was younger. Asthmatic children are especially susceptible and in most cases, croup disappears around the age of six or seven.

I remember one incident in particular where my croup attack was so bad that my parents had to call an ambulance. I simply could not breathe and since I was a kid at the time, I panicked. That didn't help the situation at all. I didn't die (obviously), but it was still a very scary experience.

Speaking of that, I read somewhere that alot of parents in the US throw "chicken pox parties" they are too scared of vaccines, so they purposely put their children in the way of chicken pox so they get it. I thought that was rather odd.

I don't. Well, maybe being scared of the vaccine is a little weird, but it's much better if a child acquires chicken pox than an adult. So in some respect, I can see why these parents are doing this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, the chickenpox are TERRIBLE as an adult, especially the elderly. Then it has the possibility of being fatal. It's not a nice disease! It's definitely better to have it as a child.

Sprailenes-that sounds so awful!

Krikit-I hope it all gets worked out. Some companies are crazy!

Edited by TheATeam

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:ranting: someone pm'ed me and wanted me to move a thread - but they didn't tell me who the op was, what forum, the title of the thread, a link, or anything!

:lol:

Seriously....I work with some people like that.

i shouldn't complain, the vj member is one of my favorite canadian peeps :wub:

Okay, so I am super pissed off today. We've been sent a letter from our HOA saying they intend to file a lien due to an overdue account. WE ARE NOT OVERDUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so mad right now. :angry:

you don't live in san antonio by any chance do you?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=185459

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
:ranting: someone pm'ed me and wanted me to move a thread - but they didn't tell me who the op was, what forum, the title of the thread, a link, or anything!

Okay, so I am super pissed off today. We've been sent a letter from our HOA saying they intend to file a lien due to an overdue account. WE ARE NOT OVERDUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

Krikit is a card carrying, HOA paying Floridian!!

:o

Krikit is a card carrying, HOA paying Floridian!!

Maybe I'm slow today, but what the heck is HOA anyway? Homeowners Association or something?

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Maybe I'm slow today, but what the heck is HOA anyway? Homeowners Association or something?

:yes: that's the bunch that tells you to mow your yard, dictates what color to repaint your house, etc etc.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

:yes: that's the bunch that tells you to mow your yard, dictates what color to repaint your house, etc etc.

They're the ones that tell you you can't own a dog :devil:

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: Timeline

Yes, it's a Home Owner's Association, Carla.

No, I don't live in San Antonio, Charles but..... WTH?!!!!! What a mess for the San Antonio people. Sheesh.

We've been quite happy with our HOA up to this point. However, the management company had recently implemented a new payment procedure. Guess they hadn't quite thought that one through prior to implementation. :bonk:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Grrrr...

Why are all the jobs out there "part-time", or for people with 6 degrees, or way out in the boonies?

And why is the minimum wage in Pennsylvania only $7.15! And why, why, why! didn't EI tell me they needed a copy of my green-card, instead of just making me wait wait wait until I call them (and then they yell at ME like I'm supposed to know when they requested a copy of my passport and visa, that they really wanted something else?)

As you can see it's been one of those days, you know the kind where you look in your bank account and realize you may not have enough money to make it through the month.

Lord help me....

I'm feeling just a tiny bit stressed at the moment...*crawls under the covers and wishes Hubby would finally graduate from University* :cry:

--Kerri

Timeline
Yea well, when I was a kid I had a total of 12 on me, like it wasn't bad at all. I remember my mom taking me to see the little mermaid on one of the days because they weren't bad at all. Then I got them when I was an adult and that was bad. I had an insane fever, chills, they were EVERYWHERE... and I mean EVERYWHERE! In my mouth and everything, which is why I was in the hospital, I had a hard time breathing and couldn't eat.

You and I obviously had the same kind of reaction to adult chicken pox. I got them when I was 30 and nearly died - literally. They were on every inch of me inside and out. I ended up on a ventilator so I could breath and at one point, they induced me into a coma for three days. For almost three weeks they told my family I might not make it. I spent over one month in the hospital and the entire time I was in a quarantined ICU. Awful. I do have to admit though, once I was better enough to go home I could finally laugh about it. I looked like a hideous beast. Every inch of me was plastered in those suckers... and yes I do mean EVERY inch. :whistle: The one perk - I didn't have a period for 7 months afterwards. :thumbs: They were as thick through the inside of me as they were on the outside and it took the inside a lot longer to heal - that includes my entire digestive tract too. Oh yeah! That was another perk - the weight loss. :lol:

Indiana requires our children to have the chickenpox vaccine before they go to school, but I've always wondered about that. I'm not one of those people afraid of vaccines, so don't worry, that's not where I'm going. What I've wondered is do they ever wear off? Are they good for 20 or 30 years or are they good forever? I only wonder because I hope we're not breeding a generation of people who will get chickenpox in their 30s. And to think, I could have been vaccinated the same time as my son and chose not to. Dummy, dummy, dummy.

Timeline
Grrrr...

Why are all the jobs out there "part-time", or for people with 6 degrees, or way out in the boonies?

And why is the minimum wage in Pennsylvania only $7.15! And why, why, why! didn't EI tell me they needed a copy of my green-card, instead of just making me wait wait wait until I call them (and then they yell at ME like I'm supposed to know when they requested a copy of my passport and visa, that they really wanted something else?)

As you can see it's been one of those days, you know the kind where you look in your bank account and realize you may not have enough money to make it through the month.

Lord help me....

I'm feeling just a tiny bit stressed at the moment...*crawls under the covers and wishes Hubby would finally graduate from University* :cry:

--Kerri

Awww sorry to hear about the troubles. Hopefully now that you can get them a copy of your GC, you'll get the EI.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline
Danu- Starting off your living situation with Wes with roommates is probably not the best. I guess you guys have no other option really. Is it really expensive where Wes lives?

I lived with Roommates for 5 years and here is my advice. Keep the communication open. Things like "he thinks he's so great at WOW but when I try to help him he gets defensive..." you have to let stuff like that go. Don't get involved in the first place. Let him play his games how he wants to without your advice or help because it's really not that big of a deal. I'm not sure if you have lived with roommates before but you just have to be cautious about what you get upset about or what you think is concerning. People can take things the wrong way and before you know it, they can make your life a living hell. I'm sure the last thing you want is them telling Wes that they can't stand you and want you both to leave.

Often times, you are going to have to do things yourself. I know that sucks but believe me, it can be a lot better then getting on someone's case you don't really know. If there is cat food in the kitchen, you are probably going to have to clean it up yourself. Unfortunately I have found through experience you can press people all you want, but they end up being more rebellious and vindictive in the end. It's hard to tell another adult want to do.

I would leave the WoW thing alone except he is on the same realm as Wes and I and he literally bitches if we don't take him to things. Any time theres like world events, if we get a group and hes not included Wes hears about it, so its irritating me without living with him. I know for sure there battles to pick and its not one I'm going to pick with him over the game, but because of how he acts about something this silly I can only imagine other issues. I figured I will probably have to clean up after the cats in the kitchen...I was thinking maybe picking up this other litter my friend had told me about that he loves, he has 3 cats and you can't smell any of them, even if he doesnt scoop for a couple days. Could sneak it in like "hey! My friend had told me this was a really good litter for multiple cats and it was on sale today, so I thought we could try it!" see if it works lol. I understand I'm going to have to do some of the stuff, and I've told Wes my concerns too, he understands them as well, so hopefully we dont have to stay long there.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.