July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't think we're talking about the same thing Krikit, because everyone fills out the blue form when they go through - American, Canadians, everyone. Even my fiance fills them out when he goes home after a visit. Doesn't matter where you're from. It's a customs declaration form - looks like this : http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation...ration_form.xml - guess it's blue and white, not entirely blue, LOL.

I've only ever filled one of those out when returning from overseas! Maybe I've got oldtimers and I just don't remember. :lol:

I'm sorry you got upset at work, Amanda. (F) At least you got to break it up with a couple of chuckles on VJ. LOL

Krikit is such a rebel!!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

You've got oldtimers old girl!

Yeah today was not a very good day at our office. I snapped at my boss after I just couldn't take it anymore and she forced me to talk to her. I'm not into drama and keep things to myself. Any way, the conversation ended in me telling her I simply don't care about anything to do with my job. I'm here to do it, and that's all that matters. She was so shocked! Of course I don't care...why would I? You berate me every day. I gave her examples of her inappriopriateness. She didn't even see eye to eye with me on half of them. I made a mistake in telling her some numbers the other day. I reversed two of them. She said to me, "its okay..you are just dyslexic today..."

I told her today that, that was completely inappropriate and thats what I don't care.

Then I just walked out. Pulled myself together..and got back to work!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I had to pay $6 when I activated my K-1, but not when I used my AP and they gave me a new I-94. Hmmm, I wonder if they'll remove the I-94 on my way home? Will it stay in there forever? As I only show them my GC, not passport apparently.

Make them take it, if they fob you off, shove it in their hand and run.

Seriously, the didn't take my Husband's once and getting back in the next time was very unpleasant.

I'm sorry you had such a terrible day at work today Amanda.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah today was not a very good day at our office. I snapped at my boss after I just couldn't take it anymore and she forced me to talk to her. I'm not into drama and keep things to myself. Any way, the conversation ended in me telling her I simply don't care about anything to do with my job. I'm here to do it, and that's all that matters. She was so shocked! Of course I don't care...why would I? You berate me every day. I gave her examples of her inappriopriateness. She didn't even see eye to eye with me on half of them. I made a mistake in telling her some numbers the other day. I reversed two of them. She said to me, "its okay..you are just dyslexic today..."

I told her today that, that was completely inappropriate and thats what I don't care.

I bet you feel better for getting that off your chest. Good for you :thumbs:

Timeline
I had to pay $6 when I activated my K-1, but not when I used my AP and they gave me a new I-94. Hmmm, I wonder if they'll remove the I-94 on my way home? Will it stay in there forever? As I only show them my GC, not passport apparently.

Make them take it, if they fob you off, shove it in their hand and run.

Seriously, the didn't take my Husband's once and getting back in the next time was very unpleasant.

Really? I didn't know the removal of the I-94 was that important. So I should tell them to remove it? I guess I could always take it out myself, who would know :ph34r:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Thanks, Trailmix. But, new day tomorrow, right? :)

It did feel good to get it off my chest though. I want her to know that she's not a good manager and she's only got 2 employees. It's pretty bad. But hey, as long as I'm doing my job, I'm not going to get fired so I don't really mind. :)

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

Ugh. So Hawaii already has the lowest paid State workers in the union. Well today our Governor announced that in order to close the state budget, all state workers are going on a 3 day/month furlough. Meaning - no pay for 3 days a month. Get this. . . . . . FOR TWO years. And better yet, it seems that we're expected to show up to work for the days we do not get paid.

3 days/month = 36 days per year = nearly 2 months without pay/year.

Who can afford that? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :crying::lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ugh. So Hawaii already has the lowest paid State workers in the union. Well today our Governor announced that in order to close the state budget, all state workers are going on a 3 day/month furlough. Meaning - no pay for 3 days a month. Get this. . . . . . FOR TWO years. And better yet, it seems that we're expected to show up to work for the days we do not get paid.

What the *&%$ ?

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

K1

2008-07-09 : I-129F Sent

2008-11-18 : I-129F NOA2

2008-11-24 : Consulate Received

2008-11-30 : Packet 3 Received

2009-01-26 : Medical appointment (3 vaccines shots !)

2009-02-09 : Packet 3 Sent

2009-03-30 : Packet 4 Received

2009-04-28 : Visa APPROVED !!!!!

2009-05-01 : Visa in hand !!!!!

2009-08-22 : Big smile and moving to sunny Florida

2009-08-23 : Finally here in Florida with my babe :)

2009-09-17 : Civil wedding :)

AOS

2009-10-13 : Filed for AOS, AP, EAD

2009-10-23 : AOS NOA Received

2009-10-23 : AP NOA Received

2009-10-23 : EAD NOA Received

2009-11-05 : AOS Transfered to CSC

2009-11-18 : Biometrics Appt.

2009-12-04 : AP Approved

2009-12-11 : EAD Card received

2010-02-16 : AOS Approved and Greencard Received ! :)

Removing conditions on 11/16/2011

Timeline

Same here except we probably are carrying a higher debt than you and we are being forced to take a less amount of furloughs. 1/month for the next year. It's terrible, isn't it? I don't even make very much money to begin with.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

does the state not really understand what furlough means? :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
And better yet, it seems that we're expected to show up to work for the days we do not get paid.

This makes no sense at all!! :( you poor thing...

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

After doing this you'll probably be more comfortable in just telling her when you don't agree with her and when she says things that are out of line.

I have a funny story about the word "dyslexic" though...

At my job at the fairmont I was making table numbers and I had put them out for a wedding and I guess I had put the numbers in the wrong order and the manager took me into her office and asked me if I was "anorexic" and I was sooo confused! I actually got really offended and told her no and then she mentioned the numbers and I said: "You mean DYSLEXIC!" Hahaha I wanted to ask her: "Are you a moron" after that. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
And better yet, it seems that we're expected to show up to work for the days we do not get paid.

This makes no sense at all!! :( you poor thing...

What?? I certainly wouldn't be showing up for work when i'm not getting paid. I do have a rule - no pay, no work!

On a similar note - about a month and a half ago they cut the wages where my Husband works - 8% across the board. So Last Friday the manager tells them he has spoken with the people and my Husband and the other guy will be getting their 8% back, effective June 1st. Yay!

Then yesterday they get a letter - the dollar amount we will now be paying for health care coverage has been increased by roughly 100 a month. :lol:

So we now pay almost 400 dollars a month for a plan with a $6000 deductible.

And :lol: Sprailenes

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Ugh.

So a couple of days ago my cousins fiance was walking home with their 2 year old daughter and she said she got jumped. She said the guy took her cell phone, took her wallet and did all of this while she had the baby with her.

My entire family was on her side - minus my mother and I - we had a hard time believing her story.

Anyways my mother just emailed me to say that: they found her wallet, and her cell phone in a sewer off a street where she was walking. Oh don't you think if someone went so far as to jump you they would have kept the stuff? For the record her wallet STILL had money in it. I must also add that my mother suspects that she suffers from munchausen syndrome.

Who makes up stuff like that? Well apparently everytime her and my cousin get into an argument she does stuff like this... either claims her baby is fainting and needs to rush her to the hospital, claims she's been raped, or claims she's been jumped.

She is a sick sick woman and I dislike her very much. I just feel for my cousin who is basically going to be held on emotional hostage for the rest of his life with her unless she gets help.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Also she updates her facebook status via cell when emergencies occur. Which I happen to find a bit odd.

An example:

"Taking J to the hospital! she's not breathing!!"

Oh really? When do you decide that while your daughter isn't breathing that it's a good idea to update the fb status??

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.