July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I have had numerous problems and bad luck with my windshield on my car.... my Mazda is a 2005 and I'm on my fourth windshield. The last one I got right before I moved, so I could claim it on insurance. So yesterday when driving on the 95 to the airport, a rock hit the windshield and left a pretty chip in it, that will probably lead to a crack before I get home and get the chance to fill it :ranting: It annoys me SOOOOO much that my windshield needs to be replaced at least once per year sometimes more!

I'm having the same problem! I was sooooooooooooooooo annoyed when, two weeks after buying our new car, I was driving along the highway when a rock flew out of nowhere and made a chip right in the line of sight! Of course, I wasn't nearly as mad as when the glass guy and husband pretty much accused me of causing it myself. :angry:

Oh gee, ya we purposely throw rocks at our windshield to cause damage! :lol: The first time was also 2 weeks after getting my car too.... Three times it's been a pebble on the highway, one time was a huge chunk of ice that nearly caused me to get into an accident. That smashed the windshield so bad it was not driveable. I hope I can catch it in time before it spreads, what a pain in my rear.

Yeah how does that work exactly, how can a rock chip be your fault krikit :hehe:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Obviously while she was driving she rolled down her window and stuck her rubber, extending gadget arm out the window and tossed a rock at her own windshield.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
Oh gee, ya we purposely throw rocks at our windshield to cause damage! :lol:

I know! I was like..... #######? :bonk: You have no idea how much I wanted it to be him that had been driving. :angry: No worries, though. His turn will come, and I will exact my revenge. :devil:

Obviously while she was driving she rolled down her window and stuck her rubber, extending gadget arm out the window and tossed a rock at her own windshield.

Men. :angry:

iagree.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

minor immigration rant. I have a friend who met an American last fall and has been dating him long distance. They visit eachother every 2 weeks because they can't bear to be apart. She had messaged me previously to ask me how I'm going about moving to the US, because she wants to move there too. I gave her all the different options, K1/CR1/K3. Well, she just messaged me today saying that she's taking a 6 month leave of absence from work and is going to move to the US for 6 months to see how things work out. I'm guessing she thinks she'll just be able to get in no problem at the border with all her posessions and saying she's moving to the US for 6 months to see how things pan out with her bf. And really, who am I to stop her? But really, I don't get how she thinks she'll get in and I also don't understand why anyone would want to go live in the US with no legal documentation as a visitor. I guess my situation is similar to Domegirl's. I gave her good advice, but she didn't want to take it.

I'm curious to see what happens at the border. She's crossing August 1.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
minor immigration rant. I have a friend who met an American last fall and has been dating him long distance. They visit eachother every 2 weeks because they can't bear to be apart. She had messaged me previously to ask me how I'm going about moving to the US, because she wants to move there too. I gave her all the different options, K1/CR1/K3. Well, she just messaged me today saying that she's taking a 6 month leave of absence from work and is going to move to the US for 6 months to see how things work out. I'm guessing she thinks she'll just be able to get in no problem at the border with all her posessions and saying she's moving to the US for 6 months to see how things pan out with her bf. And really, who am I to stop her? But really, I don't get how she thinks she'll get in and I also don't understand why anyone would want to go live in the US with no legal documentation as a visitor. I guess my situation is similar to Domegirl's. I gave her good advice, but she didn't want to take it.

Yes it will be interesting to see if she packs her car full of ####### and attempts to drive over. It must be really nice to take a 6 month absence from work to "give things a go.." (but some of you know my feelings on this!!)

Maybe she will squeak through without anyone noticing what shes doing. However, if it works out...then...what do you do? She's not going to go back home. She's going to file for AOS and she's got no 1-94 just like I didn't...but I proved to them with a plane stub that I had every intention of going back and that my entry date had only been a few weeks previous. IF she drives over there, how can she prove that she wasn't in the US for 6 months?

Ah all these problems arrive.

Good luck to her!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

^^ I think she's flying, or taking the bus to Buffalo and flying from there. I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a car. But either way, I'll be interested to see how easily she gets through. I have a feeling she'll buy a 1 way ticket. I totally forgot about the I-94 thing too.

We'll see what happens. I'm going to treat it like a case study, LOL.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

People who haven't been through the process really have no clue as to what is involved. Especially where I live, I get "Well, she's not from Mexico, so it should be fast and easy right?".

Timeline
People who haven't been through the process really have no clue as to what is involved. Especially where I live, I get "Well, she's not from Mexico, so it should be fast and easy right?".

A great line...like mexico is the country of "immigration gone wrong.." :lol:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

A great line...like mexico is the country of "immigration gone wrong.." :lol:

My father's mother's family immigrated to the U.S. from Spain. They didn't pass through the proper immigration channels as they had money, they didn't think they had to. Well, they were deported in for some trumped up charge of tax evasion or something. The authorities didn't believe they were from Spain. Of course they weren't from Spain, they spoke...... Spanish. Of course, they had to be Mexican and were sent on a train to Juarez, Mexico. Gotta love the due dilligance of the government. :rofl:

Timeline
If she's going by plane she'll have to fill out an I-94. But I think that's as far as she'll get. :lol: Especially if she's flying out of YYZ. They're not well known for their friendly demeanor.

I dont' think she will though. I've never filled out the I-94 by plane either. Just the customs card.

I dunno, I think she's in for a rude awakening, but I bet it will boil down to her wording. If she just says she's going to visit her bf, and the border guard doesn't ask much more (which has happened to me) then I bet she'll be okay. If she gives them more information, or says something along the lines of 'moving there temporarily" then she's a bit screwed.

We shall see!

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

youtube it.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
If she's going by plane she'll have to fill out an I-94. But I think that's as far as she'll get. :lol: Especially if she's flying out of YYZ. They're not well known for their friendly demeanor.

I dont' think she will though. I've never filled out the I-94 by plane either. Just the customs card.

I'm confused. I thought the customs card WAS the I-94. :unsure:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.