July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So here is my vent of the day.

When I first move down to the states, I will be moving into the apartment with Wes and his roommate. His roomy is socially awkward, he tends to take things badly when you are trying to help him (he plays WoW too and thinks hes amazing, trying to help him isn’t a good thing because he gets very defensive). Knowing this I am concerned about what will happen once I move. He has 2 cats which are both adorable, I love cats. What I don’t love is the fact that there is one bathroom with a shower in it, and he has the litter box in that bathroom (instead of in his room) and it STINKS. There is also cat litter all over the floor, so when you step out of the shower, that’s what you are stepping on. In the kitchen there is cat food all over the floor as the cats are messy eaters, I understand this from having pets myself, my dogs aren’t always the cleanest, but I either make them clean up after themselves or clean it up myself so no one walks though it. I feel this is totally unsanitary, especially in the space where I am suppose to cook. And then there is the whole food issue. At the moment the guys (being bachelors) tend to eat out a lot, but one thing Wes has told me about is butter wars. Specifically in the way Wes will buy butter, uses some, goes to get some one day and its been used up. Wes will also make himself a lasagna with the intent to eat it for a few days for dinner so he doesn’t have to keep cooking, and his roomy will try to beg some off him. I’m not sure how to handle this situation. I’m thinking about telling his roomy that if he contributes to the funds for food, I will cook, I don’t mind cooking for 3 with the right amount of stuff and the intent of leftovers for work lunches, but I’m not going to let him have stuff if I’m cooking for just the 2 of us and we are paying for the stuff.

The problem with it is that I don’t know how to best approach it with his roomy or if I should get Wes (who is very non-confrontational) to talk to him because I can see these things bugging the ####### out of me until we can move if something isn’t done before hand.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH – The End :D

Oh and dead in response to you, I do pop them myself using a sterilized needle, just a tiny ####### to help the fluids drain, then an alcohol swab and bandaid to keep stuff out of it, never had a problem so far, this one just kept filling up though so I think it may have been deeper than I thought. Its all gone now though thank goodness, was very painful to try to grab anything.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

^^ that sucks, that cat litter thing would disgust me in the bathroom, especially because I am a germaphobe. And the smell, oh gawd I would be sick. How long will you be living with the roomate until you guys get your own place? I know this isn't viable for everyone, but Glen lived with a roomie for awhile and I didn't move here until their lease was up and we could be on our own. I waited over 4 months from my interview approval to move, just because I didn't want to live with his roomate. He's a nice guy and all, but I think the first year of marriage is hard enough without roomate problems making a situation awkward. The only way around it I guess is ask him to move the litterbox to his room, without anyone asking him directly he'll never know it's annoying to you.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

^^ Well it depends. If we can find a nice 1bed thats not too expensive we may do that when his lease is up in Feb of next year (so could be only a couple months) if we cant find something he can afford until I can work, we may have to live there a whole extra year (blech). The smell makes me want to gag and I hate the feel of anything on my feet, plus its so gross. I've been around lots of people who have cats, and I have dogs as well so its not an anti-pet thing, just that he really doesnt take care of the box. When you can smell it walking into the front door and it almost makes you gag its absolutely horrible.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
^^ Well it depends. If we can find a nice 1bed thats not too expensive we may do that when his lease is up in Feb of next year (so could be only a couple months) if we cant find something he can afford until I can work, we may have to live there a whole extra year (blech). The smell makes me want to gag and I hate the feel of anything on my feet, plus its so gross. I've been around lots of people who have cats, and I have dogs as well so its not an anti-pet thing, just that he really doesnt take care of the box. When you can smell it walking into the front door and it almost makes you gag its absolutely horrible.

He's not emptying it enough, if it smells that bad. The litter box should be emptied every day, if the poo and pee is sitting there for days it's gonna stink. My only advice for the bathroom is wear flip flops at all times, when you step outta the shower put them on right away!!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We have 2 cats!! I empty it NUMEROUS times a day, and completely change the litter fairly often as well, and people cant smell them,lol If I know a cat has used it, I clean it!! If its in the bathroom--get some flushable cat litter ( or recommend he does) like "Worlds best cat litter" made from corn and its flushable

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
We have 2 cats!! I empty it NUMEROUS times a day, and completely change the litter fairly often as well, and people cant smell them,lol If I know a cat has used it, I clean it!! If its in the bathroom--get some flushable cat litter ( or recommend he does) like "Worlds best cat litter" made from corn and its flushable

Yeah!! Tell Wes's roomie to follow Flames example!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

So I told myself I was not going to start obsessively checking and counting when the time got closer to when we could get our NOA2!! But I am!!! I also told myself that I was not going to freak if I saw people getting approved that filed after me! But I am!! It's been 62 days since our NOA1! Someone today got approved only after 43!! I am sitting here on pins and needles going absolutely nuts!!!! The only thing calming me down is that I am going to visit my fiance next week and we are going to start scouting out some venues!! I just hope that if NOA2 comes!!! Maybe next week while I am visiting, then I can help him get Pkt 3 stuff together!! There have been people getting approved all over the board!! 40-90 days it seems!!! Arggggh!!!! :wacko: I just hope we are not one of the cases that gets left behind or stuck in checks!!! :ranting:

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline
So I told myself I was not going to start obsessively checking and counting when the time got closer to when we could get our NOA2!! But I am!!! I also told myself that I was not going to freak if I saw people getting approved that filed after me! But I am!! It's been 62 days since our NOA1! Someone today got approved only after 43!! I am sitting here on pins and needles going absolutely nuts!!!! The only thing calming me down is that I am going to visit my fiance next week and we are going to start scouting out some venues!! I just hope that if NOA2 comes!!! Maybe next week while I am visiting, then I can help him get Pkt 3 stuff together!! There have been people getting approved all over the board!! 40-90 days it seems!!! Arggggh!!!! :wacko: I just hope we are not one of the cases that gets left behind or stuck in checks!!! :ranting:

I hope you get it soon cuz I told myself I wouldnt start freaking out till the time passed that you got your approval in :lol: I'm really hoping (crossing my fingers and everything!) that you get it SOON! Theres been a couple in the 60ish range already and now one in 43 days? Thats awesome and insane!!!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

If there is a smell from the litter box it is because it is not being cleaned out often enough. You should not be able to smell it even in the bathroom. We have 5 cats and 4 litter boxes and there is no smell in this house (although they prefer to use mainly 2). The main litter box is kept in our bathroom as well off our bedroom and I clean it a minimum of 2 times a day, usually more. I also have a litter locker in the bathroom so the soiled litter box scoopings go in there and it keeps the odor contained. I would not recommend flushable litter. I had a friend who used to flush supposedly flushable litter - it eventually clogged the toilet so bad they had to replace the toilet. The corn or wheat based litter can be flushed safely, anything with clay base cannot. While I hate to say it, you may find that if the roommate doesn't scoop the box often enough, it may be you that has to do so. Be assured, the cats are probably just as unhappy with the situation as you are as they are clean animals by nature and prefer to bury their waste and hide the smell.

Yes, keep a pair of slippers in the bathroom as even under the best of circumstances litter will track onto the floor. I keep a whiskbroom and dustpan on top of the litter locker and sweep that up several times a day as well.

You may wish to sit down with the three of you together and discuss a new arrangement for meals and food. Perhaps since there are now three of you and you are willing to do the cooking you can divide the food costs collectively and not have to worry about 'his, mine and hers' in the fridge.

Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Declan has croup. For crying out loud, how many times can this kid get sick??? I know it is the daycare and actually I have read studies that show there is some health benefit to being exposed to germs early on and thus building up immunity .... but I HATE seeing him miserable ... and it is dang hard to go to work and try to focus all day after you have been up all night with a crying baby.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline
Declan has croup. For crying out loud, how many times can this kid get sick??? I know it is the daycare and actually I have read studies that show there is some health benefit to being exposed to germs early on and thus building up immunity .... but I HATE seeing him miserable ... and it is dang hard to go to work and try to focus all day after you have been up all night with a crying baby.

You know what's great for croup? Take him in the bathroom and run the hot shower, the steam will help clear it up a bit. Hope the little guy feels better soon. :(

Donne moi une poptart!

Thanks Nev :) Unfortunately, both of our bathrooms have a fan system built into the light, but not one we can just turn the fan off, so unless we sit in the bathroom in the dark (which we might do tonight!), our bathrooms never get steamy enough. We have a humidifier that helps some and we also had read that cold air can help too (crazy that either hot steamy air OR cold night air can help), so last night we bundled Declan up and took him outside.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline
I am sad that I cannot read Danu's posts properly because I refuse to scroll-right to read full sentences. :( If Danu would move one of her tickers below the other then her signature would not be so wide and I would know exactly what she was saying. :):hehe:

Is that better for ya hun? :D

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Awww the poor dear! (F)(L)

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.