July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to Etobicoke School of the Arts for a year in highschool and I would travel 2 hours each way by streetcar, subway and bus to get there from the area where I was living. Needless to say I was exhausted and I ended up hating school a lot that year. I should have been happy I got in to ESA but I found a school closer the next year that had a good arts program.

I think thats when I learned that anything over an hour was not worth it. Not for me anyways. My mom was super pissed at me for a long time but I had to do what made me happy in the end.

I think Amanda could feel better about going to work if she was appreciated and if her boss wasn't a filthy cow though. The commute is long but I am sure she wonders why she is doing what she is doing every day during that drive because of the way her boss treats her.

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I think Amanda could feel better about going to work if she was appreciated and if her boss wasn't a filthy cow though. The commute is long but I am sure she wonders why she is doing what she is doing every day during that drive because of the way her boss treats her.

:thumbs:

She actually called my co-worker Stephanie last night at 6:30pm because she was still here at the office getting done a project that was supposed to be handed in over 6 months ago. Stephanie and I made some final revisions to it yesterday (which took us at least 2 hours) and the document was still TERRIBLE.

Any ways, she calls Stephanie at 6:30pm because she wants to discuss the edits we made to her document. Stephanie stressed they were just suggestions and in no way did she have to use them. She then told Stephanie, and I quote, "Most of the edits you made to he document are really based on the fact that you don't know anything about our department and how it works.."

:lol:

Stephanie didn't even know what to say!!! She's been told by the VP she must help my boss because she's messed up so much she needs serious help on everything from everyone. Stephanie is technically not in our department so she's going out of her way in the first place to help her even though they aren't even co-workers!

Could you imagine calling someone at 6:30 pm when they work 7:30am to 3:30 pm and say you want to have a discussion?

I wouldn't have eve n picked up the phone!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

:thumbs:

She actually called my co-worker Stephanie last night at 6:30pm because she was still here at the office getting done a project that was supposed to be handed in over 6 months ago. Stephanie and I made some final revisions to it yesterday (which took us at least 2 hours) and the document was still TERRIBLE.

Any ways, she calls Stephanie at 6:30pm because she wants to discuss the edits we made to her document. Stephanie stressed they were just suggestions and in no way did she have to use them. She then told Stephanie, and I quote, "Most of the edits you made to he document are really based on the fact that you don't know anything about our department and how it works.."

:lol:

Stephanie didn't even know what to say!!! She's been told by the VP she must help my boss because she's messed up so much she needs serious help on everything from everyone. Stephanie is technically not in our department so she's going out of her way in the first place to help her even though they aren't even co-workers!

Could you imagine calling someone at 6:30 pm when they work 7:30am to 3:30 pm and say you want to have a discussion?

I wouldn't have eve n picked up the phone!

Hell no I wouldn't have picked up the phone!! Is this a situation where she has so much seniority that they can't do anything about her behavior or review her poor performance? That really is the pitfall of government work.

Timeline

we are very lucky that hubby's commute is less then 30 minutes... i think he says it is about 10-15 minutes without a lot of traffic...

most people in the LA area have a commute of at least over an hour or more...

my commute is about 20 minutes without traffic but that happens very rarely.. usually it takes me 30 to 40 minutes... but it is only twice a week

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Some guy borrowed a government vehicle from my department on Friday, then didn't turn the keys back in. For three freaking days now, I've been looking for these keys, calling around trying to see who had them.

I called my next in command, and had him call the guy who borrowed them, and the dude says "Oh, I gave them to the french sounding lady at the front desk a few days ago." (That person would be me.)

It turns out he turned them in to the person on duty (NOT ME,) like three days ago, and no one bothered to tell us that they had them...so for three days now, I've been getting harassed by my boss wanting to know where they are, and how I could have been irresponsible enough to lose them, while all along, the guy who borrowed the stupid vehicle was being a moron and just tried to push the blame on the innocent Canadian at the front desk. I'm sooo ticked off right now.

Edited by Misty1979

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline
Is this a situation where she has so much seniority that they can't do anything about her behavior or review her poor performance? That really is the pitfall of government work.

:yes:

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline
Is this a situation where she has so much seniority that they can't do anything about her behavior or review her poor performance? That really is the pitfall of government work.

I can't say that I've done this before, but I've heard that it is in fact effective :innocent:

An annonymous letter from a member of the community that states that the incompetent boss was verbally abusive goes a long way towards an early retirement. :whistle:

Timeline

I can't say that I've done this before, but I've heard that it is in fact effective :innocent:

An anonymous letter from a member of the community that states that the incompetent boss was verbally abusive goes a long way towards an early retirement. :whistle:

I will tell you why I won't do that. My father who has worked and been a very GOOD worker for the Canadian government for 30 years now (he's the BEST boss..i should know..i worked with him for years and saw how he treated his employees) was sabotaged by a former employee who got fired and didn't like my dad.

He kept sending in anonymous letters to HR at the city building where my dad works, saying that he has seen my dad sexually/verbally abuse his staff. Completely untrue, of course! the city's legal team had to investigate the incident and my dad suffered from embarrassment and hurt for months!

Even if my boss is the real deal in terms of being a terrible and mean person, I still wouldn't do that to someone.

Edited by thetreble

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

An anonymous letter from a member of the community that states that the incompetent boss was verbally abusive goes a long way towards an early retirement. :whistle:

I will tell you why I won't do that. My father who has worked and been a very GOOD worker for the Canadian government for 30 years now (he's the BEST boss..i should know..i worked with him for years and saw how he treated his employees) was sabotaged by a former employee who got fired and didn't like my dad.

He kept sending in anonymous letters to HR at the city building where my dad works, saying that he has seen my dad sexually/verbally abuse his staff. Completely untrue, of course! the city's legal team had to investigate the incident and my dad suffered from embarrassment and hurt for months!

Even if my boss is the real deal in terms of being a terrible and mean person, I still wouldn't do that to someone.

I wasn't suggesting you make things up, just going by stuff you've posted. But I see your point. I've seen people make similar claims after they get fired.

Timeline

No no, it was a good suggestion! :lol: It's not like I respect her or anything.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

:rofl:

I've had awful boss' before, and the feeling you get when you've lifted that yolk off your shoulders is intoxicating. I had a supervisor who was evil. She had me convinced for nearly a year that my problem was that I couldn't handle a strong female supervisor. It had nothing to do with the fact that she took credit for my work and attempted to sabotage a quarterly report I put out.

My current job is what finally convinced me that a job is not just a paycheck, and that you shouldn't just go with the job that pays the most. Although, my problem now is, I have a longer commute that exhausts me at times. But I like this job, and in this day and climate, it's a recession proof job. So I'll consider an apartment in a lesser neighborhood, closer to work rather than a new job.

Timeline

:rofl:

I've had awful boss' before, and the feeling you get when you've lifted that yolk off your shoulders is intoxicating. I had a supervisor who was evil. She had me convinced for nearly a year that my problem was that I couldn't handle a strong female supervisor. It had nothing to do with the fact that she took credit for my work and attempted to sabotage a quarterly report I put out.

My current job is what finally convinced me that a job is not just a paycheck, and that you shouldn't just go with the job that pays the most. Although, my problem now is, I have a longer commute that exhausts me at times. But I like this job, and in this day and climate, it's a recession proof job. So I'll consider an apartment in a lesser neighborhood, closer to work rather than a new job.

Timeline

So I've been talking with a friend and I still don't "get" Twitter. She doesn't understand why I don't. I've tried explaining it to her, but it falls on deaf ears.

The cartoon below sums up my feelings on Twitter:

Timeline

You need to just get over it DPX.

I don't like liver but I don't need to constantly explain it to people. I don't like it, so what. Others do... so what.

Simple.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
You need to just get over it DPX.

I don't like liver but I don't need to constantly explain it to people. I don't like it, so what. Others do... so what.

Simple.

But liver isn't constantly thrown on your plate each and every meal :jest:

I do agree though, even I have accepted it and moved on.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH don't tell him about the Twitter Reality Show coming up. :rofl:

P.S. - Sorry for the double post there, I don't know what happened. If some moderator could please delete one of them, i'd be very appreciative.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.