July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Our visa process is stuck in limbo :(

They need to sort themselves out and the expedite your case for all the trouble they have put you through beans. No one deserves this.

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
It is hard some days isn't it Cat. I coudn't agree with you more.

I went to a bridal shower with my MIL a few weeks back and people would ask me the typical: "How's married life question" I was just honest and said:

"Well they say first year is always the hardest and with me moving here and everything, its been challenging but I don't regret it" and people automatically thought we were in trouble. When I talked to my MIL the other day she said she got several emails asking if we were okay.

Seriously? Oh okay I forgot I can't be honest. Next time I'll just smile and say:

IT'S JUST GREAT! I LOVE BEING MARRIED ITS THE GREATEST THING IN THE WORLD! I JUST STAND BY MY MAN AND KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT! GOLLY GEE! IF YOU LOOK 'HAPPY' UP IN THE DICTIONARY YOU'LL SEE..... US! *sparkly teeth smile with a quick dainty curtsy*

:lol: I love that! Seriously, what's wrong with being honest!? Do people prefer fakeness over honesty?

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
It is hard some days isn't it Cat. I coudn't agree with you more.

I went to a bridal shower with my MIL a few weeks back and people would ask me the typical: "How's married life question" I was just honest and said:

"Well they say first year is always the hardest and with me moving here and everything, its been challenging but I don't regret it" and people automatically thought we were in trouble. When I talked to my MIL the other day she said she got several emails asking if we were okay.

Seriously? Oh okay I forgot I can't be honest. Next time I'll just smile and say:

IT'S JUST GREAT! I LOVE BEING MARRIED ITS THE GREATEST THING IN THE WORLD! I JUST STAND BY MY MAN AND KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT! GOLLY GEE! IF YOU LOOK 'HAPPY' UP IN THE DICTIONARY YOU'LL SEE..... US! *sparkly teeth smile with a quick dainty curtsy*

You know what? If my wife said that, I'd have no respect for her. None whatsoever.

Maybe that seems harsh, but I wouldn't expect -- nor would I want -- a wife who couldn't think or act for herself. She's not my slave, she's my partner.

Timeline
Our visa process is stuck in limbo :(

They need to sort themselves out and the expedite your case for all the trouble they have put you through beans. No one deserves this.

I totally agree. Limbo is never fun unless you're 7 and super flexible while playing the game with the limbo song on the radio. :blink:

Hang in there Beans... perhaps a call to a Congressman might help??? I know that typically works only for the beginning USCIS stages... but... it couldn't hurt. Especially if the situation is explained about how THEY have goofed up, not you.

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

I hate rain - especially gusty, nasty torrential downpour kind of rain. It ruins my hair, my day, my mood - everything.

We had a really bad weekend - the AC broke Friday evening and it was a misreable long weekend in hot steamy Virginia......2am I had to run around the house in my nudey pants closing all the windows because of the rain - so now it's hot, steamy and no air circulation inside.

I HATE RAIN :(

On teh bright side - I'm enjoying work this morning because it's cool and dry

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Sigh. . . . . . why is marriage so hard some days. :(

:secret: that's why lingerie was invented.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Sigh. . . . . . why is marriage so hard some days. :(

:secret: that's why lingerie was invented.

:lol:

It is very tough some days, isn't it? I'm having one of those days today! haha

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

So I think I've had enough of my boss and my commute.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

So now is when you start to find inventive ways to anonymously irritate your boss. :rofl:

:lol: We had a meeting today and I was questioning EVERYTHING she set up for one of our projects. She was getting so mad. B)

There is not a word in the english language that can effectively describe how much I detest her now though, for so many reasons.

I know we are in a recession, but I am now beginning to seek a job closer to where I live. (I've decided that she's part of my problem though and I can't take it any more )

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

Start sending out those resumes.

If you had a great boss the commute could be worth it but you commute that long to be treated the way you do... not worth it.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

So now is when you start to find inventive ways to anonymously irritate your boss. :rofl:

:lol: We had a meeting today and I was questioning EVERYTHING she set up for one of our projects. She was getting so mad. B)

There is not a word in the english language that can effectively describe how much I detest her now though, for so many reasons.

I know we are in a recession, but I am now beginning to seek a job closer to where I live. (I've decided that she's part of my problem though and I can't take it any more )

I've always picked jobs solely based on the compensation package. A job is just a necessary evil right? Working at a job where I like the people I work with and enjoy the environment and culture has made all the difference for me.

Timeline

Exactly. It's a shame because I love the other people I work with, but unfortunately none of them are my boss or about to be. And while she is set to retire some time in the near future, I've decided I'm not going to wait it out and see what she says. She may not end up retiring for another year or two depending on what she feels like.

A big part of it is my commute. I haven't made it to work under 1.5 hrs once in the last month. It's starting to make me really tired and therefore affect my marriage.

Her negativity, stupidity and overall put downs and now affecting me, however. I have tried to let them roll off my back. But she asks for my suggestions and then when I give her ANYTHING, she right away tells me why she feels that's not good. And I mean...EVERY TIME.

I guess I've been feeling a bit down and I was trying to figure out how I can pick myself up. I realized this weekend that...it's my job. I want to work in my local community and be a part of it. I'm definitely not in the right place and I definitely can't keep waking up at 4:45 am every morning and getting home at 5:30 or 6 every night. I'm watching my life pass me by now. First I thought it was my location, but maybe it's the fact that I live so far away from where I work, I don't have time to do anything I even enjoy like go to more music concerts or see more hockey games. After I drive 3 hours a day, I'm not going to drive another 2 hours to go do something you know?

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I thing a long commute really does affect quality of life, so I think a new job will probably really help Amanda. You have lots of experience, and even in a recession, there are jobs out there!! Companies always need good people.

My vent: I'm pretty sure I'm losing hearing in my right ear. I have a Dr. appointment next week, but I'm not really sure that I can be helped. I mean I guess eventually I can get a hearing aid or something. I guess it will just depend on how fast I lose it :(

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.