July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep its the same guy. I told him he could apply but I couldn't guarantee anything. I didn't want to be associated with him for that reason and he knows the way he is too so it would seem. I figured he wasnt going to apply at all but I guess his old job doesn't need him either.

See this guy infuriates me because he's not stupid at all, in fact he is almost fluent in 4 languages, including Chinese. He's got some talent. But he doesn't know where to even begin to apply it. I don't think his parents really challenge him. I am always telling him he should travel and teach, its an amazing way to learn about the world but he just wants to bum around and be a drummer. He needs a back up plan because he isn't good enough to be a professional drummer.

His parents sent him to Germany for a semester of highschool and in two weeks he wanted to come back because he was home sick. I just think they have enabled him to be a quitter so far and thats why he is the way he is. He gets a job, quits, they just allow it. They pay for him to go to college, he quits, they enroll him the next year and its vicious cycle really.

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Yep its the same guy. I told him he could apply but I couldn't guarantee anything. I didn't want to be associated with him for that reason and he knows the way he is too so it would seem. I figured he wasnt going to apply at all but I guess his old job doesn't need him either.

See this guy infuriates me because he's not stupid at all, in fact he is almost fluent in 4 languages, including Chinese. He's got some talent. But he doesn't know where to even begin to apply it. I don't think his parents really challenge him. I am always telling him he should travel and teach, its an amazing way to learn about the world but he just wants to bum around and be a drummer. He needs a back up plan because he isn't good enough to be a professional drummer.

His parents sent him to Germany for a semester of highschool and in two weeks he wanted to come back because he was home sick. I just think they have enabled him to be a quitter so far and thats why he is the way he is. He gets a job, quits, they just allow it. They pay for him to go to college, he quits, they enroll him the next year and its vicious cycle really.

If it were me, I wouldn't take the risk of putting my reputation on the line to get a job for him. Just seems like a huge risk to take with your own employment for something you know very well will turn out bad in the end.

Timeline

I don't plan on it. I just think its ridiculous that he works the way he does. He decided not to put a resume in at the start of the season and then decides to do it AFTER the season starts and expects something from it. He is not entitled.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I don't plan on it. I just think its ridiculous that he works the way he does. He decided not to put a resume in at the start of the season and then decides to do it AFTER the season starts and expects something from it. He is not entitled.

That is quite presumptuous of him. You should take his resume and submit it to McDonalds for $hits and giggles. :lol:

Timeline
He can go ahead and put me down, I will choose not to say anything if they ask me. No worries. :D

Hmmmmm is that you being sinister?

If he did put you down, you'd essentially be the gatekeeper to his employment there :devil:

Timeline

At my wedding last year he wanted to hook up with my bff so badly but ended up having a nervous breakdown later on that night and going on about how his life sucks - totally turned her off and we so wanted to be SIL's... then he ended up in the hospital the next day with alcohol poisoning. Good times.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
At my wedding last year he wanted to hook up with my bff so badly but ended up having a nervous breakdown later on that night and going on about how his life sucks - totally turned her off and we so wanted to be SIL's... then he ended up in the hospital the next day with alcohol poisoning. Good times.

:thumbs: He comes in first place to the girl my older brother brought as his dad. They had been seeing each other at the time. I'd never met her before and she wasn't invited. She invited herself.

She didn't even bring me a card.

She got so drunk she was throwing up in the bathroom and all my friends heard it. She embarrassed me and my parents by slurring her speech and repeating herself to us over and over again.

Good thing he got rid of her soon after! :lol:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Yea my friend from Toronto decided to allow to share his room with both him and her, because they hadn't made arrangements because they were local. And he decides that he is going to start whining about his life and how his brother (my husband) gets everything and he gets #######. TO MY FRIENDS!! HELLO!??? You don't think they were going to tell me every detail!? :lol:

The next day my friend was just like: "Um he's crazy, I am not interested"

He was going on about how his brother gets the girl, gets married, has the perfect life. Um no my husband works hard for everything he got. He never dropped out of college and worked hard to get to where he is. His dad never handed him a job, he went out and found his own.

He just feels entitled.

He went on to semi-stalk my best friend and she had to delete her facebook and start all over again because he kept making fake accounts and using them to talk to her. Yea I had no idea he was like that. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I just watched my boss leave the meeting crying. I'm meeting at 3:00. I guess she's super upset and I don't think her drugs are covered at all.

She left the building. :( ####### I hope she comes back. :(

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I just watched my boss leave the meeting crying. I'm meeting at 3:00. I guess she's super upset and I don't think her drugs are covered at all.

Oh damn, that's awful. I feel so bad for her. Damn companies, it's always about the bottom line

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh damn, that's awful. I feel so bad for her. Damn companies, it's always about the bottom line

That's horrible, poor woman.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.