July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm already on Facebook, but I only joined because my brother said it was "cool." There's no point to Facebook either, but at least when someone updates, you don't get a message about it. To me Facebook is somewhat pathetic, actually. People use it for one or both of these reasons: to communicate with people they already know (but can't bother to call) in real life or look up people they haven't see in years now that it's easy to do so.

If it's people you know already, pick up the damn phone! It's not that difficult. If it's people you haven't seen in years, well... if you hadn't made an effort to find them before getting Facebook, they probably weren't important enough anyway.

While i'm not crazy about facebook - I don't think it's pathetic. I think the draw is that some people actually think it's FUN - have you forgotten fun since you moved to the great white north DP??

They get to look at people's pictures, look up people from say high school (which some people find...fun)

So yeah, i'm not crazy about it...but I understand why some people really like it. Oh and you know what, some of us don't like talking on the phone that much. :lol:

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Anyway, I'm not on twitter but FB is a nice way to share photos with friends and family. Who wants to e-mail 60 pictures, when they can look at your online album? Also, if you just want to say something quick, you don't always want to pick up the phone. FB is good for lots of things, obviously it shouldn't replace actually getting together and seeing your friends to catch up in person.

Edited by JillA

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
My father-in-law keeps trying to get me interested in Twitter.

I don't "get" Twitter at all. What's the point? So you can send out ridiculously inane updates? Do I really need to see someone write stupid comments about their cat every five minutes? No, I don't and more to the point, I don't give a ####### about their cat. If I want to know, I'll ask them.

I'm already on Facebook, but I only joined because my brother said it was "cool." There's no point to Facebook either, but at least when someone updates, you don't get a message about it. To me Facebook is somewhat pathetic, actually. People use it for one or both of these reasons: to communicate with people they already know (but can't bother to call) in real life or look up people they haven't see in years now that it's easy to do so.

If it's people you know already, pick up the damn phone! It's not that difficult. If it's people you haven't seen in years, well... if you hadn't made an effort to find them before getting Facebook, they probably weren't important enough anyway.

I've never been on MySpace and I don't want to be. That network is a nightmare and somehow makes Facebook look mature.

Okay.

This is like an episode of Charlie Brown and Deadpool is the teacher. :lol:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

While i'm not crazy about facebook - I don't think it's pathetic. I think the draw is that some people actually think it's FUN - have you forgotten fun since you moved to the great white north DP??

They get to look at people's pictures, look up people from say high school (which some people find...fun)

So yeah, i'm not crazy about it...but I understand why some people really like it. Oh and you know what, some of us don't like talking on the phone that much. :lol:

I realize some people find it fun (like my brother) and that's great. They can use it. I'm not telling them to cancel their accounts. All I'm saying is that I think it's moronic and because of that, I don't like it. I imagine I still have the right to voice my opinion...

As for "fun," yeah... that has dissipated since moving to Canada. It's been nothing but a real pain and no, I don't like it here as much as I did the United States.

My father-in-law keeps trying to get me interested in Twitter.

I don't "get" Twitter at all. What's the point? So you can send out ridiculously inane updates? Do I really need to see someone write stupid comments about their cat every five minutes? No, I don't and more to the point, I don't give a ####### about their cat. If I want to know, I'll ask them.

I've never been on MySpace and I don't want to be. That network is a nightmare and somehow makes Facebook look mature.

Okay.

This is like an episode of Charlie Brown and Deadpool is the teacher. :lol:

:huh:

Timeline
Someone had crabby patties for breakfast. :lol:

Probably side effects from snow :P

I do agree with DPX about FB/MySpace. I don't enjoy it (or the cookies they put in your web browser) so I stay off.

Timeline

I am not going to justify my decisons to use both to anyone. Go ahead and hate it. The less users on twitter, the less "we're over capacity" errors I get. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

DPX, if you're so unhappy living in Canada, has your wife considered moving to Texas to live with you there? Perhaps you'd be happier back in the US. Although, you'd have to go through immigration again :wacko:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
DPX, if you're so unhappy living in Canada, has your wife considered moving to Texas to live with you there? Perhaps you'd be happier back in the US. Although, you'd have to go through immigration again :wacko:

Well, there are a lot of contributing factors leading to my unhappiness here, which may or may not have anything to do with Canada (at least not directly). Of course, I am in Canada right now, so whatever problems I have appear to be a result of my move. Again, I'm not sure that's the case, but it certainly feels that way right now.

If we moved to the U.S., we'd probably go to the northwest (Washington, Oregon or even northern California). My wife would move to Texas, but it's not her absolute first choice. She'd prefer it over the east coast, however.

Timeline
I am not going to justify my decisons to use both to anyone. Go ahead and hate it. The less users on twitter, the less "we're over capacity" errors I get. :P

Nor should you have to justify any decisions, especially over the internet. But this is the internet, and people will fearlessly express their feelings and opinions on things :P

Declan is sick AGAIN! He had an ear infection and took an antibiotic for 10 days, finished today, and now he has a fever of 102. We're supposed to head to CT this weekend to visit family and friends ... I hope my bubbe is feeling well enough to travel.

Plus, tomorrow I had scheduled 8 clients. It was my busiest day this week. Of course, hubby has to go to Biometrics in the morning and Declan can't go to daycare, so I had to cancel my morning caseload with the afternoon people on standby (they are supposed to call in before they head to my office to make sure I am there). And the suckiest part is that I have been in the negative for vacation/sick leave and just this week, I finally accrued enough hours to make it is positive balance ..... and it is going to disappear again!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

Well, there are a lot of contributing factors leading to my unhappiness here, which may or may not have anything to do with Canada (at least not directly). Of course, I am in Canada right now, so whatever problems I have appear to be a result of my move. Again, I'm not sure that's the case, but it certainly feels that way right now.

If we moved to the U.S., we'd probably go to the northwest (Washington, Oregon or even northern California). My wife would move to Texas, but it's not her absolute first choice. She'd prefer it over the east coast, however.

Noooo Don't live over here. Definitely stick to that northwest region; I hear it's beautiful. It's insane here. It's expensive. It's crowded.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

Nor should you have to justify any decisions, especially over the internet. But this is the internet, and people will fearlessly express their feelings and opinions on things :P

'Tis funny that you say that, Robbie and Mellie. I was thinking abotu this last week when my bridezilla situation was continuing. So many people are fearless on the internet and it leads them around to be people they are not or the real them comes out. Like, the maid of honour in the wedding is a total ####### over the internet to me, but then when she sees me face to face she's all nicey-nice because she knows that if she opened her mouth, I'd intellectually defend myself and put her down.

However, I am exactly on the internet as I am in real life and can also vouch for Nevada and Jill. The way they appear here and the things they both say are what they act like in real life. Nevada and I are ball-busters. We are kinda tough. Jill is very sweet. Nev and I are overly honest. Guess it's just the way we are and I don't understand why people are different on the internet. What are they so afraid of in their real life?

My eyes filled with grit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.