The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Sometimes my mother has a way of really hitting me with a low blow, and it usually happens around my birthday. She either goes a few years without acknowledging my birthday and then sometimes she does but when she does... she does it in a way that just kind of hurts.

This year she sends a card with a loonie attached to it with this written underneath: "I would have given you more but you already seem to have it all down there so here's a loonie to add to the insanity"

Oh. Well thanks.

I sometimes feel like I need to be sorry that I am happy around her.

Well.. that was a mood killer.

Ouch. It sounds as if she still hasn't forgiven you for moving.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
Sometimes my mother has a way of really hitting me with a low blow, and it usually happens around my birthday. She either goes a few years without acknowledging my birthday and then sometimes she does but when she does... she does it in a way that just kind of hurts.

This year she sends a card with a loonie attached to it with this written underneath: "I would have given you more but you already seem to have it all down there so here's a loonie to add to the insanity"

Oh. Well thanks.

No she hasn't.

Oh well. I am going to keep this loonie and the next time I go up to Canada I am going to buy myself a little something at the dollarama.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Around my birthday she just falls apart.

Because it's the birth of the girl that stole her son away....I betcha!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Except she's been that way since I was a kid.

I am used to it but I would rather her just not acknowledge it than to acknowledge it and be a b1tch about it.

I will write a book. Oh yes, oh yes. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh. Well thanks.

No she hasn't.

Oh well. I am going to keep this loonie and the next time I go up to Canada I am going to buy myself a little something at the dollarama.

Sadly, things at Dollarama are no longer all $1!!! The last time I went I was completely flabbergasted! Some things are now $1.25 and $2.00 :P

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I saw this episode of 20/20 last night, which was about this missing girl in AZ, presumably killed... anyway they were talking about how common it is to have sex offenders in your neighborhood, and you have no idea. Now it must be public, so I went to the website to put in our zipcode just to check. The amount of offenders disgusted me, I actually feel sick after looking at the map. You can click on the thing and it gives the offenders picture, name and address and what they were convicted of. Just looking at all of these people leaving very closeby, I probably pass them in the grocery store, etc. It just sickens me to know these predators are roaming around here, and everywhere. I was very surprised to see how many are just really close to home. I don't even have kids yet, and it scares me to death!

:thumbs: even more sickening is some of the discussions in ot where people take up for convicted sex offenders.

Yep...that would be me. I spent 26 years of my working career as a sex offender therapist. 90% of the time people who talk about sex offenders have no idea about what they're talking about.

i didn't have you in mind when i made that post :luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Well... then I shall save my loonie and buy a donut at timmies... or are those now over a dollar too?? :(

89 cents after taxes... you'll be alright!

Sapphire is right about dollerama!! All the "new" items are $1.25-$2.00... they should change the name to "over-a-dollerama." I guess even the dollar store isn't immune from tough economic times.

Filed: Timeline
I saw this episode of 20/20 last night, which was about this missing girl in AZ, presumably killed... anyway they were talking about how common it is to have sex offenders in your neighborhood, and you have no idea. Now it must be public, so I went to the website to put in our zipcode just to check. The amount of offenders disgusted me, I actually feel sick after looking at the map. You can click on the thing and it gives the offenders picture, name and address and what they were convicted of. Just looking at all of these people leaving very closeby, I probably pass them in the grocery store, etc. It just sickens me to know these predators are roaming around here, and everywhere. I was very surprised to see how many are just really close to home. I don't even have kids yet, and it scares me to death!

:thumbs: even more sickening is some of the discussions in ot where people take up for convicted sex offenders.

Yep...that would be me. I spent 26 years of my working career as a sex offender therapist. 90% of the time people who talk about sex offenders have no idea about what they're talking about.

WoW Carla, that is awesome. I guess I too am one of "those" people. I used to want to get into that field. I agree - 90% of people talking about them really have no idea what they are talking about. But, isn't that usually the case :) Anywho, that is fascinating work you have done.

September 11th, 2004 - Met in Asia

May 2007 - Engaged in Hawaii!!

June 2008 - I-129F Petition

June (I think) 2008 - NOA1

October 2008 - NOA2 (P3 sent to wrong consulate by accident)

December 2008 - NON-legal wedding ceremony in Honduras

January 19th, 2009 - P3 finally arrives to correct consulate AND me!!

January 19th, 2009 - "Overnighted" P3 back same day. I am so efficient!!

January 23rd, 2009 - Montreal finally gets it. "Overnight" my a**!! Money refunded to me from Canada Post...ASAH!

March 27th, 2009 - Notified by phone call of interview date

March 31, 2009 - Interview Letter received in mail (P4)

April 6th, 2009 - Medical

April 17th, 2009 - Interview!!!

April 27th 2009 MOVED POE - Buffalo Peace Bridge

May 1st 2009 - Married!!

May 18th - SSN arrived in mail

AoS:

May 14th, 2009 - Filed for AoS - Come on NOOOO RFE'S!!!

May 22nd, 2009 - NOA1 for AoS, AP, EAD - California Service Center. ASAH

May 30th, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received for I485, I765 (where is the I131????)....date June 12th. 2009

June 2nd, 2009 - Biometrics completed

June 15th, 2009 - EAD Card production ordered!!

June 20th, 2009 - AP, EAD arrives in mail! (no email from CRIS)

July 2nd, 2009 - AOS Transferred to California

August 7th, 2009 - Green Card production ordered. WoohoO!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh, I hate being sick. When i'm healthy and without a care, I always think I want to get sick and eat chicken noodle soup, stay home from work and watch t.v. all day. But I hate being sick even more now :blush:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My father-in-law keeps trying to get me interested in Twitter.

I don't "get" Twitter at all. What's the point? So you can send out ridiculously inane updates? Do I really need to see someone write stupid comments about their cat every five minutes? No, I don't and more to the point, I don't give a ####### about their cat. If I want to know, I'll ask them.

I'm already on Facebook, but I only joined because my brother said it was "cool." There's no point to Facebook either, but at least when someone updates, you don't get a message about it. To me Facebook is somewhat pathetic, actually. People use it for one or both of these reasons: to communicate with people they already know (but can't bother to call) in real life or look up people they haven't see in years now that it's easy to do so.

If it's people you know already, pick up the damn phone! It's not that difficult. If it's people you haven't seen in years, well... if you hadn't made an effort to find them before getting Facebook, they probably weren't important enough anyway.

I've never been on MySpace and I don't want to be. That network is a nightmare and somehow makes Facebook look mature.

Timeline
When i'm healthy and without a care, I always think I want to get sick

weirdo. :lol:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
My father-in-law keeps trying to get me interested in Twitter.

I don't "get" Twitter at all. What's the point? So you can send out ridiculously inane updates? Do I really need to see someone write stupid comments about their cat every five minutes? No, I don't and more to the point, I don't give a ####### about their cat. If I want to know, I'll ask them.

I'm already on Facebook, but I only joined because my brother said it was "cool." There's no point to Facebook either, but at least when someone updates, you don't get a message about it. To me Facebook is somewhat pathetic, actually. People use it for one or both of these reasons: to communicate with people they already know (but can't bother to call) in real life or look up people they haven't see in years now that it's easy to do so.

If it's people you know already, pick up the damn phone! It's not that difficult. If it's people you haven't seen in years, well... if you hadn't made an effort to find them before getting Facebook, they probably weren't important enough anyway.

I've never been on MySpace and I don't want to be. That network is a nightmare and somehow makes Facebook look mature.

Okay.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.