July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Here's something I need to vent about.... Not sure if any of you have heard of the wildfires happening near Santa Barbara.

This website seems to have some good info: http://www.thedailysound.com/News/

Anyways... Loooong story short, there's a BIG f'ing FIRE burning like 4 miles from my fiance's home... he's about 2 miles from the evacuation warning boundary. Now... since they are not yet within the evacuation warning, he and his family are of course, not doing anything about it yet. Just keeping an eye on things. The fire is less than 48 hours old, so there's room for expansion, as it is ZERO % contained. I'm worried (duh)... and my fiance was supposed to come here for a visit on the 15th anyways... so just over a week from now. I'm trying to encourage him to just get the F out of there and come here early, but he won't. And to be honest, I'm a bit pissed off. I don't understand how he can not realize how HORRIBLE and frustrating this is to watch on the news, and see the pictures that he's taken FROM HIS BACK YARD of maaaassive plumes of smoke filling the air.

Is my pissedoffedness justified, or should I just let him be? I haven't seen him in 3 and a 1/2 months, and f'ing hell, I don't understand why he's got to be stubborn and just sit around WAITING for the stupid fire to come even CLOSER. I can't be there with him, I can't help him, I can't do ANYTHING, except wait for a horrible situation to get even worse before he does anything about it. He doesn't seem to understand why I'm so worried, and even more so since I'm so far away and helpless in this situation. Like, am I really the only person that would think to just get out JUST IN CASE?! Especially when a loved one is freaking out about your safety. Wouldn't you want to put their mind at ease??

I understand where he's coming from Ashen. When we first moved here and bought this house, Florida was on fire. You literally couldn't go outside or open your windows for the choking smoke. I was trying to get home from shopping one day and had to go back and try a different route because the flames were too intense on that road so they had closed it. (I had used the same road just a couple of hours earlier to GET to shopping.) The helicopters were constantly flying overhead picking up water from the lake to douse the flames. It was just craziness. Anyway, I say all this to let you know that 1) he will not want to abandon his home at this time.... there is a peaceful uneasiness in knowing you are where you need to be in order to keep an eye on things, and; 2) we trust that the emergency services are doing their jobs and all will be well, but we also have a backup plan and are prepared. I know it's difficult not to worry, Ashen, but try not to stress yourself. (F)

Udella, I agree with Sprailenes. Don't take it as a personal attack. You know teenagers.... they usually don't have the ability to see beyond what's in front of their face at that point in their lives, and you can't tell them any different. Give it time. It takes time to develop trust and a sense of security. Once a shared history has been estabished it will all come together. (F)

P.S. I would be on my knees thanking God that my MIL was staying with the ex. :lol:

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
In a nutshell - we have been negotiating on a foreclosed house for 2 MONTHS. Our realtor cannot get hold of the listing realtor lately, she has spoken to them (Husband and Wife realtor team) many times though over this period.

I finally get fed up and call the listing realtor's office this morning and he calls me back. The bank is not considering ANY financed offers on the property - only cash offers. He was SURE he had told my realtor this - but he says it may have been another realtor and he apologized.

Yeah.

See, I am showing this to my husband... this is why I don't want to buy. I am printing this post out. :lol:

So you've basically wasted your time on this one house!? Argh I would be soo mad and discouraged.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

*sigh.. I hear you Udella... last year my husband's x-daughter (figure THAT one out).. was graduating from HS... Hubby got an invitation to the graduation but there was HUGE drama concerning the 2 venues.. hubby's ex wife and the girls father are at complete odds and it there were 2 tickets..one for the actual room where the graduation was taking place, and the 2nd was a room where a simulcast was taking place.. well her father was offended that he was relegated to the simulcast room (the teen was trying to keep the hostility at bay).. hubby felt bad for her cause the father didn't listen to her wishes and actually went in the ceremony room (felt it was his right) and she was horribly upset by it.. the whole scene was a disaster..

*sigh.. these things are never easy are they?

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How frustrating! You would think in this market they'd be working every deal like it was their last to try and bring more clients in. :wacko:

You would think so, but banks and realtors (in general) were arrogant before this recession - they have not changed :lol:

See, I am showing this to my husband... this is why I don't want to buy. I am printing this post out. :lol:

So you've basically wasted your time on this one house!? Argh I would be soo mad and discouraged.

The funny thing is i'm not even a little bit mad. I can only imagine that at some point in this 2 month process I decided I don't care about this house.

But yes, complete waste of time. Buying a house is never fun (in my experience) :lol:

Timeline

My neighbors downstairs are really nice, a single lady and her teen daughter... anyway, the Mom's bedroom is directly below ours and every night, we hear her snoring SO loud through the floors! I can't believe I can hear someone snoring in a different apartment, either our floors are really thin or she is extra loud! It actually stops me from falling asleep some nights, it's no fault of hers so I can't really say anything to her and I'm sure she'd be embarrased.... I just wish she'd pipe down :wacko:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

.. soooo.... my fiance and his dad are finally packing up and preparing to evacuate. The fire totally ballooned towards their neighbourhood this evening very very quickly. The evacuation warning area is now less than a block from their house. :crying: I'm sitting here, 1am my time, gotta work at 8:30... watching him via webcam, piling their stuff at the front door getting ready to pack the car... He just showed me the wound on his hand from one of their cats when they tried to get it in the carrier... lol.. I don't even know where they're going to evacuate to :( The shelter, I assume, but .. @$%*! AAAAHHHHH

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Awww Ashen it'll be alright! Its good he's getting out and not being stubborn anymore! Any material items that are lost are easily replaced. I wish you two all the best (F)

Jill- that's so funny, WOW! :lol: I guess there are worse things you can hear through the floor...

Timeline

So in thinking about the whole house thing now, there are several things that don't mesh. Several things the representing realtor said make no sense. I won't bore you with all the details but in my opinion this guy is either incredibly bad at his job - and I mean incredibly - or he is not working in good faith.

Timeline
So in thinking about the whole house thing now, there are several things that don't mesh. Several things the representing realtor said make no sense. I won't bore you with all the details but in my opinion this guy is either incredibly bad at his job - and I mean incredibly - or he is not working in good faith.

hmmmm can you just go talk to someone else? I have no idea how realtors work, but I know a few sketchy realtors, and I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw 'em..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

So my son had to leave school early yesterday.. he was running a high fever and had a sore throat and was coughing. I went to pick him up and brought him home, he wasn't severly sick, I gave him some stuff for the fever and he seemed okay. This morning he still had a fever and his voice was hoarse. I decided it would be best if he not go to school and my husband opted to stay home with him because he can easily work from home. I just get a call from my husband now and it turns out there are two confirmed cases of H1N1 virus at his school. I am a little peeved because when I went to pick him up yesterday, they didn't tell me this.

So we're waiting for 9:00 for his doctor to open, so we can call and figure out what to do. He has a flu but I don't know if it's that flu... I am hoping it isn't that flu.

So yea thats my vent for the day. I just wish the nurse would have told me yesterday. But I had to find out for myself on their website about the two confirmed cases. I understand they don't want to create a panic, but I think its a tad important that they communicate this stuff when a parent picks up a sick child.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

hmmmm can you just go talk to someone else? I have no idea how realtors work, but I know a few sketchy realtors, and I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw 'em..

My realtor, who has never actually talked to him, is furious. I hadn't told her I was going to call them yesterday (she isn't furious at me btw :lol: ) - but she has always ended up talking to his wife, never him.

She emailed me and said she is going to call him 100 times today if need be - until she gets through to him.

I told her how I managed to get him on the phone - I just called and told his colleague the whole story - when the colleague put me through to the assistant's voice mail, I called back and told the person who answered the phone the whole story - lo and behold he called me back immediately. :lol:

Filed: Timeline
.. soooo.... my fiance and his dad are finally packing up and preparing to evacuate. The fire totally ballooned towards their neighbourhood this evening very very quickly. The evacuation warning area is now less than a block from their house. :crying: I'm sitting here, 1am my time, gotta work at 8:30... watching him via webcam, piling their stuff at the front door getting ready to pack the car... He just showed me the wound on his hand from one of their cats when they tried to get it in the carrier... lol.. I don't even know where they're going to evacuate to :( The shelter, I assume, but .. @$%*! AAAAHHHHH

Oh dear. Sorry to hear this, Ashen. Sorry about your name too. :hehe: (Yeah. Sorry about the bad joke also. I just can't help myself. Finding the humour in things is just programmed into me. I suck.) Seriously, though. I hope the emergency services team were able to contain the fire and your fiance and his dad can go back to their home. That's scary stuff.

Sorry to hear your son's not well, Sprailenes. I hope he gets better, soon, and that you don't catch the same thing.

Trailmix.... well.... never mind. I was told that if I didn't have anything good to say then don't say it. LOL

iagree.gif

Timeline

Me too, I stocked up on airborne and echnecia yesterday and ate lots of garlic.

You know why garlic works? No one wants to come near you so you can't catch anything anyways.

I give Ethan vitamin C every day and he never gets sick so it surprised me to find out he is sick. He has two hockey games in Atlantic City this weekend and he was really looking forward to that. He keeps saying how mad he is at himself for being sick - typical man.

We'll see what it is today at the doctors hopefully and go from there though.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Hope your Son is already feeling better Sprailenes! Let us know what you find out.

So, in thinking MORE about the house thing, I find this posting at a realtor site - this is what I think is happening here, I'm pondering calling the bank directly.

Investors Beware! Short Sale Scam.

« on: March 03, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paper Trails.

When dealing in this market, there is always a paper trail. You may not be caught this time. You may not be in the spotlight on this transaction. However, I assure you, you will be leaving a little breadcrumb Papertrail for the regulators to follow.

SCAM: Investor seeks partnership with Realtor. Realtor has distressed home owner. Investor has Investor B who wants to purchase price at a certain agreed upon value. Realtor tries to Short sell home but refuses all offers. This happens three or more times before they bring their investor in and exhaust the bank into submission at their own price. During the process, the Realtor allows current home owner to try and work out and agreement with the bank but knows they are leaving their home anyway and they then become nothing more than a "squatter".

A few guys from Orange County came down and approached me with this "idea". It is amazing to me how much fraud is out there and how many people are preying on foreclosures.

You cannot necessarily deceive a bank and expect to get away with it. Investors beware... this is a scam and will eventually catch up to you.

Timeline

Well he's okay. He just has a cold, the doctor told him to stay home today and that he should be fine to go to his hockey games if he rests today. They gave him some antibiotics.

BUT apparently he has really high cholesterol for his age. I don't understand this, we really don't eat fried or fatty foods, however diabetes and high cholesterol runs in my family so it's probably genetic.

Boo.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.