July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey I remember I said the same thing about squeeze cheeze and I love that stuff now. :lol:

I'd try it once... just to say I had bacon puddin. :lol:

I bet it would go good with the squeeze cheese.... Maybe you could layer it over the chicken :whistle:

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What's squeezed cheese? Is it like cheez whiz in a ketchup style bottle?

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

OK, is that available in America? Because I could then hide bacon at work and Mel couldn't stop me :devil:

Just got back from the car rental place. The car that they tried to give me that the insurance would cover was..... a Daewoo. I sat in it, I drove it down the driveway, but that was all I could take :help:

It was like a damn clown car.

Then, I paid for the upgrade myself. I wasn't going to spend $25 a day that they charge for me to get the same car I have...... so I got a Chevy Cobalt. It looked ok I guess. But then I drove down the streen and realized.... NO A/C. They better fix my car fast. I hate this rental care.

Edit: I just realized what the "unidentified" smell in the car is. A guy I work with smokes and as soon as he walked by my office, I knew it was cigarette smoke >.<

Edited by Rob and Mel

Timeline
What's squeezed cheese? Is it like cheez whiz in a ketchup style bottle?

Yes, that is correct. LOL. You can also buy it in a tin container like how whipping cream comes.

R loved squeeze cheese. Luckily he NEVER eats it because he is not the type to splurge on anything more than necessities at the grocery store, LOL.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Yea last year I decided to buy easy cheese (the kind in the aerosol can) and a box of cheezits. I was feeling cheesy. :P

Anyhoo I fell in love with easy cheese that day. Luckily I don't eat it often because I know its awful for me... but once in a while I pick some up and just go crazy with it. Yes I could stand there like one stands with a can of whipped cream and just eat it like that. :lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

The teller at the bank made me soooo mad! ARGH!

She's an older lady that has been working in the bank across the street from our family home forever. Sometimes she makes small talk with my mother, as her son was in the same university program as me for a couple years. Whenever I go in on my own she never talks to me... But today was different for some reason. She asked me if I was graduating and what I wanted to do. I told her I'm getting married and moving to the US, so any career aspirations will be delayed for the next 6 months or so. Then she started asking me weird questions that were really none of her business. She wanted to know where we met and I said we met online and she made a judgmental old lady face. Her reaction: "well... have you checked him out at all? Have you even been to Colorado?" Have I CHECKED HIM OUT?! Excuse me, we've been dating for 4 years, I'm pretty sure if he was a serial killer I'd know by now. And no, I'm going to move to a place I've never been to.... That seems logical. Then she says, "well your mom can't be happy about that." Excuse me lady, don't presume to tell me what my mothers reaction to my engagement is, like I haven't been living with it for the last 9 months. Its one thing to get this from people you're close to, Its another to get it from a stranger at the bank who thinks they know you but wouldn't know your name if it didn't come up on their computer!

I bit my tongue so hard it hurts! GAWR!!

Timeline

She's an older lady that has been working in the bank across the street from our family home forever. Sometimes she makes small talk with my mother, as her son was in the same university program as me for a couple years. Whenever I go in on my own she never talks to me... But today was different for some reason. She asked me if I was graduating and what I wanted to do. I told her I'm getting married and moving to the US, so any career aspirations will be delayed for the next 6 months or so. Then she started asking me weird questions that were really none of her business. She wanted to know where we met and I said we met online and she made a judgmental old lady face. Her reaction: "well... have you checked him out at all? Have you even been to Colorado?" Have I CHECKED HIM OUT?! Excuse me, we've been dating for 4 years, I'm pretty sure if he was a serial killer I'd know by now. And no, I'm going to move to a place I've never been to.... That seems logical. Then she says, "well your mom can't be happy about that." Excuse me lady, don't presume to tell me what my mothers reaction to my engagement is, like I haven't been living with it for the last 9 months. Its one thing to get this from people you're close to, Its another to get it from a stranger at the bank who thinks they know you but wouldn't know your name if it didn't come up on their computer!

Oh I know what you mean Huggles. Don't worry about people like that... they don't know any better. The first question I get every time I say I'm moving is, "How does your Mom feel?" Like yes people, of course she is sad, she's definitely not jumping for joy or anything.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Oh I know what you mean Huggles. Don't worry about people like that... they don't know any better. The first question I get every time I say I'm moving is, "How does your Mom feel?" Like yes people, of course she is sad, she's definitely not jumping for joy or anything.

Me too girls! I got, and still get so tired of people saying "Your poor Mom" or whatever, or asking how my parents felt. I don't need to feel worse than I already do/did by leaving my Mom! No need to state the obvious or ask nosy questions.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

It's really starting to hit me too, so when people ask me I have to swallow carefully and hold back my tears.

Today my sister and I went to the mall to switch my cell phone to her name (her contract ended this month and she's taking mine over like a nice sister so I don't have to pay $350 yay!) and on the way home she started asking me if I was happy I was leaving and then she started to cry and I really had to fight back my tears because I really didn't want to cry in front of her just yet. I feel like I need to stay strong at least until the last week or so. But yeah, I think my sister is really really sad and feels like I'm abandoning my family. It's so hard because obviously I want to leave because I'm really looking forward to being together with my fiance, but on the other hand, I'm really sad to know that people think that I'm just leaving. I just really hope it doesn't change the dynamic of my family too much... but maybe that's selfish of me to think that way. What an emotional roller coaster this is going to be!

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
It's really starting to hit me too, so when people ask me I have to swallow carefully and hold back my tears.

Today my sister and I went to the mall to switch my cell phone to her name (her contract ended this month and she's taking mine over like a nice sister so I don't have to pay $350 yay!) and on the way home she started asking me if I was happy I was leaving and then she started to cry and I really had to fight back my tears because I really didn't want to cry in front of her just yet. I feel like I need to stay strong at least until the last week or so. But yeah, I think my sister is really really sad and feels like I'm abandoning my family. It's so hard because obviously I want to leave because I'm really looking forward to being together with my fiance, but on the other hand, I'm really sad to know that people think that I'm just leaving. I just really hope it doesn't change the dynamic of my family too much... but maybe that's selfish of me to think that way. What an emotional roller coaster this is going to be!

Ahhhh that's exactly how I felt! My sister had just moved to Oakville from Montreal the year before I left, so it sucked because we had just gotten close and were spending lots of time together. I felt so bad leaving my Mom because we went grocery shopping every week together, I had her over to my apt every Sunday for dinner, etc. I wanted to leave too but I didn't want people to think it was so easy, just getting up and moving. So I tried to be strong too, holding back tears, etc. Then the morning of my move, got up at 4am, woke up Mom and sister, when we went outside in the pouring rain to say goodbye I started bawling, I think it was the first time I actually cried.... In the car I had to get myself together because I was arriving at the POE in 1/2 hour and I didn't want to be a mess! It's so, so hard.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

not really a vent just wanted to post an update about the situation with the kids beig loud out front...

they finally got rid of the ugly couch that was sitting outside between our door and the neighbor's door... the neighbor's put it out there a few months ago.. it was such an eyesore.. :wacko: and I noticed in the last few day all the stuffing was coming out... but the other day I saw it out back in the alley :dance:

and now you know what.. it has been reasonably quiet out front now, I guess because they don't have a place to sit :dance:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Ahhhh that's exactly how I felt! My sister had just moved to Oakville from Montreal the year before I left, so it sucked because we had just gotten close and were spending lots of time together. I felt so bad leaving my Mom because we went grocery shopping every week together, I had her over to my apt every Sunday for dinner, etc. I wanted to leave too but I didn't want people to think it was so easy, just getting up and moving. So I tried to be strong too, holding back tears, etc. Then the morning of my move, got up at 4am, woke up Mom and sister, when we went outside in the pouring rain to say goodbye I started bawling, I think it was the first time I actually cried.... In the car I had to get myself together because I was arriving at the POE in 1/2 hour and I didn't want to be a mess! It's so, so hard.

Awwww! This is how i'm feeling too. My sister is taking it really bad... she's 15 and just doesn't understand. She always says I'm picking my fiance over her and our family, which is so unfair. One night she actually told me that when I left she wasn't going to love me anymore or bother talking to me because I'm abandoning her...

My mom and I are really close too. Ever since my father died when I was a kid I've really been her rock. Its really hard on her and she was so upset and angry at first, but she seems to be accepting it. She still hates the idea, but she wants me to be happy. I've already had my share of tearful moments and I'm not moving for another 5 weeks... the last week or so is going to be really hard. Especially since my big graduation day is 2 days before I leave...

It just really bothers me that people don't seem to understand how hard this is for us! My friends keep telling me how luck I am to get out of here. I am lucky, but Its also the hardest and scariest thing I've ever done. Then when people question how well I know my own fiance? Things like that just really bother me... I know I shouldn't listen to people, they don't know... Its just hard to let things roll off your shoulders sometimes.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I can related to all of this. BUT does your f*cking boss go all around your work place saying you met a boy on the internet and that I have cyber sex and thats all I do in my spare time. Or does your boss say he's going to write a letter to immigration saying what a terrible person you are? When you hit that stage let me know what you do. Because I'm thinking assualt is the only solution.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Well I can related to all of this. BUT does your f*cking boss go all around your work place saying you met a boy on the internet and that I have cyber sex and thats all I do in my spare time. Or does your boss say he's going to write a letter to immigration saying what a terrible person you are? When you hit that stage let me know what you do. Because I'm thinking assualt is the only solution.

Holy smokes beans! Your boss is a jerk! I think you would have strong grounds to file a complaint for sexual harassment!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.