The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
When I worked at Sainte Marie among the hurons, they'd come in and propose to me. Apparently in Germany they love their native americans... one time I got cornered as one tried to kiss me while his friend took pictures. It was quite scary.

They'd say things like: "I bring you home with me and make you my princess" :lol: Suuure there buddy.

Sounds like he wanted you to have some weisswurst... :unsure:

Timeline

My vent: I got into a minor accident last month, and I probably whined about it then too :lol

With the wedding and all the stuff that goes along with it, I nearly forgot about it for 2 weeks and for the past week or so, I've been playing phone tag with the other guy's insurance company. Getting the car wasn't the problem, they accepted liability shortly after the accident itself. My problem was that it is going to take 3 days or so to fix it and I won't have a car in the meanwhile. The amount of money that the insurace company is going to pay for is ridiculous. They told me that they pay for $24 per day for vehicles for my case. Well, I looked on their website and it shows that that won't even cover half of the cost for it. God I just want this ####### to be over with. I fvcking hate Mercury Insurance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My vent for the day:

The chefs in the galley <----Coast Guard-ese for "kitchen" decided to burn the hamburgers and set off the fire alarm. Unluckily for me, I'm supposed to be the last person out of the building, and the fire alarm is right here in my office. So for 15 very long minutes, I just had the flashing, screeching fire alarm going off in my ears, and now I'm stuck with a migraine for the rest of the day.

Those better be some freaking tasty burgers :ranting:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

Holy #######, I just got off the phone with Enterprise car rental. They have a special deal with this insurance company for situations like this. This is a a kia that looks like a fat SmartCar. I don't want to sound like a snob, but I'm not driving that piece of sh!t. I think i'll end up paying a bit out of pocket to get the nicer car.

Timeline
Holy #######, I just got off the phone with Enterprise car rental. They have a special deal with this insurance company for situations like this. This is a a kia that looks like a fat SmartCar. I don't want to sound like a snob, but I'm not driving that piece of sh!t. I think i'll end up paying a bit out of pocket to get the nicer car.

There are several different tiers of cars with any rental company. Which did you choose? Whatever you do, don't pick an "economy" car. Those are the worst of the lot. I'd also remain wary of the "luxury" cars available. Rental car companies often have Cadillacs or Lincoln Towncars under that category, neither of which drive well and are the size of a small boat.

Timeline

There are several different tiers of cars with any rental company. Which did you choose? Whatever you do, don't pick an "economy" car. Those are the worst of the lot. I'd also remain wary of the "luxury" cars available. Rental car companies often have Cadillacs or Lincoln Towncars under that category, neither of which drive well and are the size of a small boat.

Well, the insurance company wanted me to pick something that resembled a retarded smartcar. It was a kia of some variety and extremely tiny. It's aggrivating, but thats all they are required to pay for. I'll undoubtedly pay the extra amount myself to upgrade to something at least viable :angry:

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Often, if you reason with the claims adjuster, they'll increase the allowance. Just explain that you're accustomed to certain level of transportation, and that their $24 bucks only pays for a POS car you wouldn't put LingLing's mother-in-law into, let alone anyone you care for.

On the other hand if it's only for 3 or 4 days, $10 or $15 bucks a day extra could get you into just about any car on the Enterprise lot, and sometimes spending $30 to $60 bucks to get what you want, is cheaper than wasting time pleading your case to Mercury.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I haven't heard back from the company I had the job interview at last week.... I'm still looking but there are some real slim pickins' out there. I am definitely starting to get restless after 6 months of unemployement, it's been a good 6 months but it's time for me to go back to work. I really hope to find a job soon, the boredom is bringing me down :( I can only exercise, read, clean, cook, etc. so many hours of the day. Then there are alot of hours left in the day to twiddle my thumbs.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
It's too bad we all just didn't move to the same area. Then there'd be no time for thumb twiddling! :lol:

:lol: I know, we could sit, drink coffee and reminisce about the good old days in Oakville

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

I should have just called out today, my day started off bad and is just getting worse.

To start things off I had a screaming 10 year old throw himself on the floor because I refused to make bacon with his waffles. My mother NEVER made me waffles on a weekday, he should have been happy that I was doing that. I am stopping at Wegmans on the way home tonight and buying a couple of jars of baby food, you want to act like a baby? Here eat this.

Then I come to work and things just feel like they're piling up with no end in site.

Oh and because of this lovely weather I now have a migraine.

Greeaaat. I just love being ####### on. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I should have just called out today, my day started off bad and is just getting worse.

To start things off I had a screaming 10 year old throw himself on the floor because I refused to make bacon with his waffles. My mother NEVER made me waffles on a weekday, he should have been happy that I was doing that. I am stopping at Wegmans on the way home tonight and buying a couple of jars of baby food, you want to act like a baby? Here eat this.

Then I come to work and things just feel like they're piling up with no end in site.

Oh and because of this lovely weather I now have a migraine.

Greeaaat. I just love being ####### on. :P

A 10 year-old? I could maybe see a 5 year-old doing that, but 10? That kid needs to grow up a little.

Timeline
Uh duh no kidding.

:lol:

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.