July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I am holding my ground much to her displeasure. So now we are going to drive up to Rochester the week before and meet her at the "halfway" mark and drop my son off so she can take him to Canada for the summer. But she called me selfish for not changing my plans. :lol:

Thats fine.

Well thats kind of rude. lol But good for you, I wouldn't have the balls.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't usually have the balls, but I am thinking what can she do?? It's either I piss her off or piss my husband and his family off by breaking plans. I think I have pissed my in laws off enough by not going there for Christmas and Easter, if we decided to cop out on the fourth of July... they'd be uber pissed.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
quick vent:

Sunday.

7:30

Len wakes up.

Len is pizzed.

Len needs coffee.

Bren is afraid of Len. :angry:

Bren should be nice and go get a Len a superb coffee from Starbucks!! :devil:

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
quick vent:

Sunday.

7:30

Len wakes up.

Len is pizzed.

Len needs coffee.

Bren is afraid of Len. :angry:

Bren should be nice and go get a Len a superb coffee from Starbucks!! :devil:

Agreed that would make me purr like a kitten if I was angry lol

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't usually have the balls, but I am thinking what can she do?? It's either I piss her off or piss my husband and his family off by breaking plans. I think I have pissed my in laws off enough by not going there for Christmas and Easter, if we decided to cop out on the fourth of July... they'd be uber pissed.

I think it all goes back to what you said before... the original plans worked fine. SHE changed them... therefore, it is up to HER to figure out how to fix them within the guidelines of what was previously planned. Ummm... if mom makes the mess, mom should clean it up and fix it. Now, if your plans had changed, then it should be your responsibility to fix it. Way to go!!! I'm glad you stuck to your guns on this. :thumbs:

Edited by July09Bride

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

I don't like mobs of angry marathon runners. This woman just absolutely lost it because it took the kitchen an hour to get the groups food. But when you walk in with a group of 24 people with no warning thats what is going to happen. So rude, its your fault for not planning ahead.

Timeline

And now we have 2 out of 4 servers crying due to said mob...that makes me mad. I wish the restaurant was my department, I'd handle it ;)

Timeline
And now we have 2 out of 4 servers crying due to said mob...that makes me mad. I wish the restaurant was my department, I'd handle it ;)

How rude!

Sigh, the weather is ####### today, rainy and dark. Glen was supposed to have his home-opener softball game today, I was looking forward to going. Anyway, now he's sulking around that he's bored, I laughed and said imagine how I feel, I've done this every day for the past 6 months! There is no way he could go through 6 months of not working if he can't go through 1 day of relaxing around the house. Sheesh men :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Haha oh how I remember those days. Sometimes we'd get an entire bus tour at the hotel I worked at in Canada with NO warning at all! And they always ONLY spoke German. It was the worst!!!

They never tipped either because in Europe tipping isn't common. So whenever they'd come in I'd add the tip to the bills automatically for the servers. That was always an added bonus.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Haha oh how I remember those days. Sometimes we'd get an entire bus tour at the hotel I worked at in Canada with NO warning at all! And they always ONLY spoke German. It was the worst!!!

They never tipped either because in Europe tipping isn't common. So whenever they'd come in I'd add the tip to the bills automatically for the servers. That was always an added bonus.

No offense to the German's out there but...THEY ARE THE WORST! Every year our hotel hosts the German's in for Folkorama and wow. They're rude, pushy, and don't understand the concept of licenced areas.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

No offense to the German's out there but...THEY ARE THE WORST! Every year our hotel hosts the German's in for Folkorama and wow. They're rude, pushy, and don't understand the concept of licenced areas.

Wow, now I had the opposite situation when I worked at Tim's in Miramichi - HUGE german tourist pop int he summer, and they were so nice to us, though it was hard to communicate sometimes.

Now some of the Western Acadians (not all of course)....they could be very mean sometimes. Miramichi is close to a lot of french communities, but not everyone speaks french and we're not a 'bilingual' city really. I could talk a bit of french, but a lot of my friends couldn't and even though the customers COULD talk english, they would just get huffy and keep trying to order in french :(

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Well that was definitely not a way to spend an evening....waiting in the hospital ER for 3 hours!! I still don't understand it! How could it just all of sudden be painful and swollen! How could someone who has not had a ring in their belly button for 2 years all of a sudden look like the damn area was going to pop! That would have been painful! I never had an infection! I always cleaned the area even after letting the holes grow in! Now I have to wear a gauze dressing for the next few days!! :angry:

Was it a granuloma? hmmmmmmm interesting.. I had a nose ring and after a few months (but not years) I had to take it out.. I made a mistake and had someone put it in that wasn't a pro.. *sigh..

What did they say was wrong?

Well the ER doc (he was so HOT, lol), anyways he said that it was not an infection, but I guess it was just "puss" buildup. I had one large "nodule on the top part where the old hole was and another one on the bottom. When I asked him how this could happen...never had any problems, no ring for 2 years. He just said "these things can happen." I also had a nose stud for almost 4 years, haven't had a problem with it since I took it out about 2 years ago as well. *knocks on wood*

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

When I worked at Sainte Marie among the hurons, they'd come in and propose to me. Apparently in Germany they love their native americans... one time I got cornered as one tried to kiss me while his friend took pictures. It was quite scary.

They'd say things like: "I bring you home with me and make you my princess" :lol: Suuure there buddy.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
When I worked at Sainte Marie among the hurons, they'd come in and propose to me. Apparently in Germany they love their native americans... one time I got cornered as one tried to kiss me while his friend took pictures. It was quite scary.

They'd say things like: "I bring you home with me and make you my princess" :lol: Suuure there buddy.

Awesome. :rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.