Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Not my first time, I actually lived in Melbourne (Prahran) with my fiance in 07/08. I fly into Melbs and told Jack that we have to hit up The Veggie Bar and The Shanghai Dumpling House before we drive up to Albury the next day. Albury is a bit boring but not too bad. The population is about 90,000 so its nothing to sneeze at... When I was there in December, the new JBHiFi opened, and the town had electronics fever! Okay, maybe it is a bit small... I was just wondering if there were any winter festivals going on up there or anything. I think there is a Christmas in July thing around Rutherglen somewhere... Hoping to get down to Falls Creek for some skiing. It should be a great trip for the simple reason that I get to see my man!

Oh how cool, you've lived there :). I haven't been to the dumpling house ... I should thought because I'm a huge fan of yum cha lol. Yes it will be a wonderful trip!! I hope yours is a lot better than my current one lol.

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I like the new photo of you and the family Jaime - its cute :) And I'm sorry your visit isnt going as well as hoped, big hopes that the next bit gets easier (((hugs))).

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all, good to see everyone's news. I am STILL waiting for the medical report to come through: sent off the cardiologist report saying that I have an absolutely normal heart last week, so hoping I get the report soon.

Grats!! We're definitely in the same pile somewhere :D I had my AOS touched yesterday and again today. Lets hope that's a good thing :D :D :D

Yep, I think we must be in the same pile too :)

Hi Sharyn :) congrats on your upcoming GC renewal and your beautiful daughter! I have a 6 month old myself :).

Congrats Giggles!

Things just seem to go from worse to even more worse. Melvin came home early from work, to pack a bag and take it back to work, because it looks like he might have to go to Oregon until Tuesday. I'm apparently supposed to be out of here by the end of next week and this would have been the only weekend we could have spent time together before I leave.

I feel like just giving up, I really do. This was supposed to be a fun trip and all I've achieved is stress out of it. Sorry to vent, but I'm just not really happy lately.

Oh that totally sucks! :( Sorry your holiday didn't turn out the way you hoped. That's a really cute family picture of you all by the way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Got my AP today. Was sent 16 June so took 3 days. Not too bad at all :D I was happy to see the pic I sent with my docs on that, rather than the ugly pic from biometrics... i look forward to my EAD and GC pics :S Not.. seriously, why'd I send 6 pics if they're not gunna use them?? Ugh!!

Timeline

Hi Everyone just checking in after a pretty long journey from Brisbane to Atlanta via Los Angeles, got a great deal on V Australian and Delta with flights, have been Stateside for a week today, already have a bank account in the process of buying a new car and applying for my Social Security Number [we were advised by Social Security to wait at least 10 days before applying to ensure my I-94 was definately in the pipeline as we were not aware we could apply when K-1 was being processed].

Suitcases are all unpacked and put away, and in the process of re-organizing the contents of the house and checking out wedding invitations, we have set our wedding date for Saturday July 31st..My future Mother In Law and I are preparing guest lists and looking at reception ideas.

Has taken us both a full week to get over our jet lag, i guess the older you get the longer it takes, but as weve traveled through close to 10 time zones no wonder our body clocks, plus the past 8 weeks has been hectic putting the house on the market, having garage sales to downsize, getting everything ready for the movers, then cleaning up the house as it sold pretty quickly with settlement at 3pm the afternoon before we were due to fly out.

Feels great to come back here during summer, makes it so much easier to get settled in and work on my tan at the same time, sending best wishes and calm water to those still going through the inital K-1 steps..

Cheers

Kaye and Leonard

Breezie,

I'm from Atlanta as well and looking at having my guy apply for his SSN. Did you have to go to the Atlanta office to turn yours in? The application says it can be mailed in so I'm wondering if we could just do that as opposed to taking off of work to go down there.

~~~~~Ham + Bacon~~~~~

09-10-03 - Met online

10-31-03 - Started dating

09-30-06 - Broke things off Ham wasn't ready for immigration (stayed friends)

12-03-08 - Began dating again...after a certain someone finally realized I was right in what I had been telling him for 2 years. (Had to add that :P )

12-03-08 - Unofficially engaged :)

K1 Visa

10-19-2009 - Sent I-129F to VCS

10-21-2009 - Check cashed

10-22-2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy

10-23-2009 - Touched

01-22-2010 - NOA2

02-04-2010 - Received Package 3

02-22-2010 - Ham finally went to get his medical done

02-24-2010 - Received the all clear on the medical

03-13-2010 - Submitted paperwork for police check

03-25-2010 - Received the Police Check

04-06-2010 - Submitting the P3 to Consulate

04-11-2010 - Received P4

05-04-2010 - Interview! - Needed more evidence of relationship. :( Emailed pics and email convos one hour later.

05-05-2010 - Approved!!!!!!

05-06-2010 - VISA IN HAND!!!!!!

06-09-2010 - POE - LAX (Official Proposal!!!)

07-10-2010 - Wedding :D

AOS

08-31-2010 - Mailed off AOS

09-02-2010 - Packet Received

09-09-2010 - NOA1 Emails - AOS, EAD, AP

09-14-2010 - NOA1 Hard Copies - AOS, EAD, AP

10-04-2010 - Biometrics (AOS and EAD)

11-03-2010 - Email and Text that EAD and AP were approved

11-05-2010 - Email and Text that EAD was sent on for production of card.

11-09-2010 - Email and Text that notice regarding EAD was sent (EAD card, hopefully?)

11-30-2010 - AOS Interview Date

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Breezie,

I'm from Atlanta as well and looking at having my guy apply for his SSN. Did you have to go to the Atlanta office to turn yours in? The application says it can be mailed in so I'm wondering if we could just do that as opposed to taking off of work to go down there.

Hi Ham and Bacon,

We actually live in Whitesburg, Tennessee and just flew in via Atlanta as the air fares from LAX were much cheaper to there rather than Knoxville and Nashville is the same distance as from Atlanta anyway, plus Leonard could leave his truck with friends in Atlanta whilst he was in Australia and we just drove home the next day, I am just going to fill in a form online and i have to go to the Social Security Department to lodge it, the website says that you must physically take it in you cannot post it, so unfortunately you may have to take some time off work, unless anyone else has any better information? I just wish i had known that I could have applied for it with my K-1 Visa and i would have had it before i got here which would've been great, the First Tennessee bank was great though and opened my checking account just on my passport and entry visa, plus my Queensland Drivers Licence and Anz Visa Debit card plus i had an RACQ international drivers licence but the customer service gal said i had to lodge my social security number with them within 60 days.. so am going down tomorrow to lodge my application for SSN

Hope this info helps you out.. Cheers Kaye

Our Timeline

I-751 Removal of Conditions

Date Filed : 2013-01-08

NOA Date : 2013-01-14

RFE(s) : NA

Bio. Appt. : 2013-02-06

Interview Date : NA

Approval / Denial Date : 2013-06-27

Approved : Yes

Timeline

Breezie,

Yep unfortunately you'll have to take time off work (unless he can get there via someone else) because the application must be in person. I think it was something like "first application" must be in person but I know when I get the EAD, and eventually GC I'll have to go in in person then too.. /sigh

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Still here - still waiting :dance: :dance: :rofl:

The Long Wait...

Unmarried Son of US Citizen OVER 21

[dd/mm/yy]

USCIS

xx/03/05 - I130 Sent

24/03/05 - NOA1 Received

[many moons later]

12/03/09 - NOA2 Received

Your I-130 was approved in 1448 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

05/04/10 - Received I-864 Bill

23/04/10 - IV Fee Bill Received

18/05/10 - DS230 Sent

11/06/10 - July 2010 Bulletin shows PD Current - WOOT!

14/06/10 - Operator and AVR Update to say CASE COMPLETE 10/6/10

16/06/10 - SIF

CONSULATE

29/06/10 - P4

07/07/10 @ 11:00am - Medical - COMPLETE

03/08/10 @ 9:00am 11:00am - Interview!(SYD) - APPROVED!

USA

13/09/2010 - POE @ LAX

24/09/2010 - Welcome Letter from USCIS!

25/09/2010 - Green Card Arrived

07/10/2010 - SSN!

Timeline

I just had a quick question. I just started the Fiance Visa process and me and my hunny were wondering what US consulate he would have to go to for the interview part (i know it is still a way off) He is in SA and worried that he may have to go to Sydney or Melbourne. We saw that there is one in Adelaide but I don't know if they handle these visa's. He is a little stresed about it cause they are so far away. :huh:

04/08 Met online playing World of Warcraft

09/08 Met in person for the first time

(3 more trips in between)

05/10 File I29F to get him here so we live happily ever after <3

Some people come into our lives and queitly stay. Others stay for awhile, leaving foot prints in hearts and we are never the same.

Sydney

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline

Bummer....

Some people come into our lives and queitly stay. Others stay for awhile, leaving foot prints in hearts and we are never the same.

Timeline

Bummer....

Indeed! I was living near Melbourne when i did mine so going to the Melbourne consulate was my preference.. turns out the ONLY US consulate in Australia that handles Fiance Visas is the Sydney one. People from WA have to fly ALL that way too :S Sucks but flights aren't TOO bad...

Timeline

Indeed! I was living near Melbourne when i did mine so going to the Melbourne consulate was my preference.. turns out the ONLY US consulate in Australia that handles Fiance Visas is the Sydney one. People from WA have to fly ALL that way too :S Sucks but flights aren't TOO bad...

Well its just one of things that has to be done. Oh well a day or two of incovience for a lifetime of happiness. I am sure it will be ok. Still have awhile til that point tho, so he can rest easy for the momment lol.

Timeline

Well its just one of things that has to be done. Oh well a day or two of incovience for a lifetime of happiness. I am sure it will be ok. Still have awhile til that point tho, so he can rest easy for the momment lol.

Yep :) Have you had a look at the K1 thread in my signature? It will help him with what he needs to do once NOA2 arrives. it's all go-go-go once you receive NOA2. Depending on the state (SA given adelaide) how long his police cert will take might be a factor meaning he should get started sooner than NOA2 receipt, or how long the doctors waiting list is to get the medical done. Also getting his immunisation list together, or a blood titre from the doc if he doesn't know his immunities (hopefully he has a baby immunisation records at the ... ####### can't think of it right now but his mum'll know (or almost any new mum)).

If he's ever been married before he'll need to locate that stuff, and he can get started on all the forms. I believe Terri had all her stuff ready to go when she received P3, she sent it either the same or next day and had her interview booked really soon after that (check out her timeline :D). He might also want to look at the hotel list some people mentioned (there's a search function at the bottom of each thread to search within a thread) so he can stay the night (I do NOT recommend a same day flight as the interview :S)... all this is good so he can start saving the money (or put it aside) because he knows what he'll need to spend.

Best of luck and congrats on starting the journey :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.