Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I got a great deal on tickets and am flying return New Orleans/LAX/Melbourne for $1100USD. Amazing, considering I paid $2000 for the same flight in December... I'll be in chilly Oz at the end of June for a lovely two month holiday with my honey. I can't wait. We haven't seen each other since January! Anyone know of any fun and exciting happenings around Albury Wadonga for the next two months?!?

05 July 05 - Met in New Orleans, Louisiana

03 Jun 10 - I-129F sent

09 Jun 10 - NOA1 received

17 Jun 10 - Touched

19 July 10 - NOA2

02 Aug 10 - Received Packet 3

17 Oct 10 - Received Packet 4

02 Nov 10 - Interview *APPROVED*

11 Nov 10 - Visa Received

14 Dec 10 - POE LAX then onto New Orleans

14 Feb 11 - Married

05 May 11 - AOS RFE

hey everyone!

wow new faces!! everyone please stay positive and happy .... its a long road but one that is worth it (as you know :D)

August this year i am renewing my green card for 10 years - .... been here for 2 already wow time flies and i have a beautiful 18 month old daughter .....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Everyone just checking in after a pretty long journey from Brisbane to Atlanta via Los Angeles, got a great deal on V Australian and Delta with flights, have been Stateside for a week today, already have a bank account in the process of buying a new car and applying for my Social Security Number [we were advised by Social Security to wait at least 10 days before applying to ensure my I-94 was definately in the pipeline as we were not aware we could apply when K-1 was being processed].

Suitcases are all unpacked and put away, and in the process of re-organizing the contents of the house and checking out wedding invitations, we have set our wedding date for Saturday July 31st..My future Mother In Law and I are preparing guest lists and looking at reception ideas.

Has taken us both a full week to get over our jet lag, i guess the older you get the longer it takes, but as weve traveled through close to 10 time zones no wonder our body clocks, plus the past 8 weeks has been hectic putting the house on the market, having garage sales to downsize, getting everything ready for the movers, then cleaning up the house as it sold pretty quickly with settlement at 3pm the afternoon before we were due to fly out.

Feels great to come back here during summer, makes it so much easier to get settled in and work on my tan at the same time, sending best wishes and calm water to those still going through the inital K-1 steps..

Cheers

Kaye and Leonard

That all sounds fantastic Kaye - glad its going well for you :)

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

arrrghhhhhh...

why must all the airlines taunt me at the moment :(

Jetstar flights domestic from $19... perfect for an interview at the consulate...

International flights with webjet from $1023 (return AUS -> LAX) perfect for a one way visit to Colorado...

GOD DAMMIT :bonk: :bonk:

lol

The Long Wait...

Unmarried Son of US Citizen OVER 21

[dd/mm/yy]

USCIS

xx/03/05 - I130 Sent

24/03/05 - NOA1 Received

[many moons later]

12/03/09 - NOA2 Received

Your I-130 was approved in 1448 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

05/04/10 - Received I-864 Bill

23/04/10 - IV Fee Bill Received

18/05/10 - DS230 Sent

11/06/10 - July 2010 Bulletin shows PD Current - WOOT!

14/06/10 - Operator and AVR Update to say CASE COMPLETE 10/6/10

16/06/10 - SIF

CONSULATE

29/06/10 - P4

07/07/10 @ 11:00am - Medical - COMPLETE

03/08/10 @ 9:00am 11:00am - Interview!(SYD) - APPROVED!

USA

13/09/2010 - POE @ LAX

24/09/2010 - Welcome Letter from USCIS!

25/09/2010 - Green Card Arrived

07/10/2010 - SSN!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yo Bex - VAus is still on sale for the one ways. Don't despair ... Bris to LAX $619 in August. P4 in the morning? Check your email ... :star:

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Yo Bex - VAus is still on sale for the one ways. Don't despair ... Bris to LAX $619 in August. P4 in the morning? Check your email ... :star:

my email is always open, so the moment there is a new email and I'm about I'll see it...

I'm not sure how quick it will work though, because my priority date is only current on the july bulletin, so wouldn't that mean they'd hold off scheduling the interview til July? (because that's when they can allocate a visa number?)

The Long Wait...

Unmarried Son of US Citizen OVER 21

[dd/mm/yy]

USCIS

xx/03/05 - I130 Sent

24/03/05 - NOA1 Received

[many moons later]

12/03/09 - NOA2 Received

Your I-130 was approved in 1448 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

05/04/10 - Received I-864 Bill

23/04/10 - IV Fee Bill Received

18/05/10 - DS230 Sent

11/06/10 - July 2010 Bulletin shows PD Current - WOOT!

14/06/10 - Operator and AVR Update to say CASE COMPLETE 10/6/10

16/06/10 - SIF

CONSULATE

29/06/10 - P4

07/07/10 @ 11:00am - Medical - COMPLETE

03/08/10 @ 9:00am 11:00am - Interview!(SYD) - APPROVED!

USA

13/09/2010 - POE @ LAX

24/09/2010 - Welcome Letter from USCIS!

25/09/2010 - Green Card Arrived

07/10/2010 - SSN!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My EAD and AP were approved yesterday!!! Yay!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I've had a touch on AOS today so hopefully my greencard will be coming soon too.

Grats!! We're definitely in the same pile somewhere :D I had my AOS touched yesterday and again today. Lets hope that's a good thing :D :D :D

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

hey everyone!

wow new faces!! everyone please stay positive and happy .... its a long road but one that is worth it (as you know :D)

August this year i am renewing my green card for 10 years - .... been here for 2 already wow time flies and i have a beautiful 18 month old daughter .....

Hi Sharyn :) congrats on your upcoming GC renewal and your beautiful daughter! I have a 6 month old myself :).

My EAD and AP were approved yesterday!!! Yay!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I've had a touch on AOS today so hopefully my greencard will be coming soon too.

Congrats Giggles!

Things just seem to go from worse to even more worse. Melvin came home early from work, to pack a bag and take it back to work, because it looks like he might have to go to Oregon until Tuesday. I'm apparently supposed to be out of here by the end of next week and this would have been the only weekend we could have spent time together before I leave.

I feel like just giving up, I really do. This was supposed to be a fun trip and all I've achieved is stress out of it. Sorry to vent, but I'm just not really happy lately.

Edited by Jaime and Melvin

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

yeap....bris to lax allthrough august one way....600 bucks....come september it goes up to above $700, then all through October its cheap again - go figure???

flying to sydney for an interview is gunnu kill me as I got to take the 3 kids! Hmmm...perhaps I can put this through as a business trip expense....

cheers...

Timeline

Just some FYI regarding the V Australia tickets ... as I will have to go home early, I just called them to see how much it will cost to change our tickets ... $250 per person ... nothing for the baby thank god, so it will ONLY be $500 AU that I have to fork out *rolls eyes* That's for V Economy seating BTW.

I have a question regarding the *checks* and finding the case number (or whatever it is) after the checks are cashed. I keep reading on VJ about looking at the back of the check and the number is on there ... but what I don't understand is, how can you look at the back of the check when you have sent the check into USCIS? LOL ... can someone please clarify that for me :)

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

Timeline

I got a great deal on tickets and am flying return New Orleans/LAX/Melbourne for $1100USD. Amazing, considering I paid $2000 for the same flight in December... I'll be in chilly Oz at the end of June for a lovely two month holiday with my honey. I can't wait. We haven't seen each other since January! Anyone know of any fun and exciting happenings around Albury Wadonga for the next two months?!?

Hiya AustoUsa ... I don't know Albury/Wodonga, as I live close to Melbourne, but I have driven through it a few times on my travels up north to NSW and Qld. It is out in the sticks, as we say LOL ... I can't remember how built up it is, but I think it's quite a country type of place. You might want to Google it. I have friends that go up there and camp a lot though. How exciting for you though, is it your first time to Australia?

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I have a question regarding the *checks* and finding the case number (or whatever it is) after the checks are cashed. I keep reading on VJ about looking at the back of the check and the number is on there ... but what I don't understand is, how can you look at the back of the check when you have sent the check into USCIS? LOL ... can someone please clarify that for me :)

0(wh

ahhh here when you send a check from your account and it's banked, it's scanned by your bank as proof or something and if you have online banking it'll show as "check #101" (or whatever check number you have) and the word "view" and you click that link and it shows you a pic of the check. Well that's how Wells Fargo does it anyway.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hiya AustoUsa ... I don't know Albury/Wodonga, as I live close to Melbourne, but I have driven through it a few times on my travels up north to NSW and Qld. It is out in the sticks, as we say LOL ... I can't remember how built up it is, but I think it's quite a country type of place. You might want to Google it. I have friends that go up there and camp a lot though. How exciting for you though, is it your first time to Australia?

Not my first time, I actually lived in Melbourne (Prahran) with my fiance in 07/08. I fly into Melbs and told Jack that we have to hit up The Veggie Bar and The Shanghai Dumpling House before we drive up to Albury the next day. Albury is a bit boring but not too bad. The population is about 90,000 so its nothing to sneeze at... When I was there in December, the new JBHiFi opened, and the town had electronics fever! Okay, maybe it is a bit small... I was just wondering if there were any winter festivals going on up there or anything. I think there is a Christmas in July thing around Rutherglen somewhere... Hoping to get down to Falls Creek for some skiing. It should be a great trip for the simple reason that I get to see my man!

05 July 05 - Met in New Orleans, Louisiana

03 Jun 10 - I-129F sent

09 Jun 10 - NOA1 received

17 Jun 10 - Touched

19 July 10 - NOA2

02 Aug 10 - Received Packet 3

17 Oct 10 - Received Packet 4

02 Nov 10 - Interview *APPROVED*

11 Nov 10 - Visa Received

14 Dec 10 - POE LAX then onto New Orleans

14 Feb 11 - Married

05 May 11 - AOS RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.