Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

For any of you planning your travels in the next few months, V Australia have one way fares to LAX for $770 inc taxes. Ends midnight Thursday but travel is for the period 6 July to 9 December.

I just bought our tickets and it cost $1700 for my daughter and I including the domestic flights from LAX to Tampa. I couldn't believe it!! Finally the universe is listening to me ... :star:

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

For any of you planning your travels in the next few months, V Australia have one way fares to LAX for $770 inc taxes. Ends midnight Thursday but travel is for the period 6 July to 9 December.

I just bought our tickets and it cost $1700 for my daughter and I including the domestic flights from LAX to Tampa. I couldn't believe it!! Finally the universe is listening to me ... :star:

Geeeeez... Nice! I'm hoping to find some nice cheap tickets BACK to Australia for a visit sometime this year as a surprise for my mum (and rest of family of course but mum will be most excited :P). First I need the GC so i can work!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Geeeeez... Nice! I'm hoping to find some nice cheap tickets BACK to Australia for a visit sometime this year as a surprise for my mum (and rest of family of course but mum will be most excited :P). First I need the GC so i can work!

Still no updates on your AOS, Vanessa?? That sux. How is Giggles tracking? I know you were racing her .... :lol:

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Argh...

I keep seeing all these cheap fares... but I don't want to book anything til I know its good to go! :rofl::bonk: :bonk:

The Long Wait...

Unmarried Son of US Citizen OVER 21

[dd/mm/yy]

USCIS

xx/03/05 - I130 Sent

24/03/05 - NOA1 Received

[many moons later]

12/03/09 - NOA2 Received

Your I-130 was approved in 1448 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

05/04/10 - Received I-864 Bill

23/04/10 - IV Fee Bill Received

18/05/10 - DS230 Sent

11/06/10 - July 2010 Bulletin shows PD Current - WOOT!

14/06/10 - Operator and AVR Update to say CASE COMPLETE 10/6/10

16/06/10 - SIF

CONSULATE

29/06/10 - P4

07/07/10 @ 11:00am - Medical - COMPLETE

03/08/10 @ 9:00am 11:00am - Interview!(SYD) - APPROVED!

USA

13/09/2010 - POE @ LAX

24/09/2010 - Welcome Letter from USCIS!

25/09/2010 - Green Card Arrived

07/10/2010 - SSN!

Timeline

Still no updates on your AOS, Vanessa?? That sux. How is Giggles tracking? I know you were racing her .... :lol:

Giggles and I are still waiting.. still racing too :P i just want the damn card so i can work, save money, fly home to visit family.. is it really that hard?? :S :P

**Edit - Lol. At 7.47pm tonight (my email time in Iowa) I got emails from USCIS saying EAD and AP approved :D Complaining FINALLY bought me luck :D This was ONE minute after I posted the above post :D

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

QUEEEEENSLANNNNDER

:dance:

The Long Wait...

[dd/mm/yy]

USCIS

xx/03/05 - I130 Sent

24/03/05 - NOA1 Received

[many moons later]

12/03/09 - NOA2 Received

NVC

18/05/10 - DS230 Sent

16/06/10 - SIF

CONSULATE

29/06/10 - P4

USA

13/09/2010 - POE @ LAX

07/10/2010 - SSN!

Timeline

oh and woooot

Sign In Failed

* Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you believe that you have received this message in error.

The Long Wait...

[dd/mm/yy]

USCIS

xx/03/05 - I130 Sent

24/03/05 - NOA1 Received

[many moons later]

12/03/09 - NOA2 Received

NVC

18/05/10 - DS230 Sent

16/06/10 - SIF

CONSULATE

29/06/10 - P4

USA

13/09/2010 - POE @ LAX

07/10/2010 - SSN!

Giggles and I are still waiting.. still racing too :P i just want the damn card so i can work, save money, fly home to visit family.. is it really that hard?? :S :P

**Edit - Lol. At 7.47pm tonight (my email time in Iowa) I got emails from USCIS saying EAD and AP approved :D Complaining FINALLY bought me luck :D This was ONE minute after I posted the above post :D

I'm still going to race you for the greencard :P I haven't had any touches on AOS since June 3 and AP and EAD since May 7.

Now, where is my darn approval email??? (I'm going to try your tactic of complaining....hopefully it will bring me luck too. Hehe!)

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Giggles just wanted to let you know, since you seemed a little skeptical of my post about my partner going for his Chief promotion etc, that I found out a few days ago that he is not in the Navy, he is US Coast Guard LOL.

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

Lol. Well it's kinda the same....both are on boats :P Hehe! I hope you don't think I didn't believe you, it just seem strange he was taking the test when my husband had told me they take it in January. There are several stages when going for the promotion so I thought maybe he was at the stage where they go up against the panel who selects who makes it.

How was your holiday? Are you back home yet? I hope you got lots of pictures and kept all the evidence this time :D

Timeline

Lol. Well it's kinda the same....both are on boats :P Hehe! I hope you don't think I didn't believe you, it just seem strange he was taking the test when my husband had told me they take it in January. There are several stages when going for the promotion so I thought maybe he was at the stage where they go up against the panel who selects who makes it.

How was your holiday? Are you back home yet? I hope you got lots of pictures and kept all the evidence this time :D

Yeah I did think you didn't believe me lol.

I'm still in Seattle, supposed to be here until the end of July, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen. He might have to go to New Orleans at the end of this month for 3 weeks, because of the oil spill. On top of all that, the manager of his apartment complex is having a whinge because we are going to be here for 2 months. I think we have about 6 pics so far, of us together. Nothing flash. We are supposed to be getting a family portrait done, but I don't know if that is going to happen, if he has to go away etc.

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

Lol. I didn't mean to give you them impression that I didn't believe you cause I did believe you :)

Oh that's a bummer he might have to go away while you are staying there on holidays. Unfortunately that's the reality of having a fiance or husband in the miltary. Stupid apartment manager!! What does it matter to him if you are staying there....you are family anyway.

Timeline

Yeah I totally get that about having a partner in the Military and I was prepared to just hang out here while he was gone and then spend my last week here with him when he got back.

I have to go home next week and it's going to cost me a fortune I'm sure, to change our tickets. His lease is up in October, so I hope that he moves to a different apartment complex ... he needs to move anyways, as right now he's only in a one bedroom.

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Everyone just checking in after a pretty long journey from Brisbane to Atlanta via Los Angeles, got a great deal on V Australian and Delta with flights, have been Stateside for a week today, already have a bank account in the process of buying a new car and applying for my Social Security Number [we were advised by Social Security to wait at least 10 days before applying to ensure my I-94 was definately in the pipeline as we were not aware we could apply when K-1 was being processed].

Suitcases are all unpacked and put away, and in the process of re-organizing the contents of the house and checking out wedding invitations, we have set our wedding date for Saturday July 31st..My future Mother In Law and I are preparing guest lists and looking at reception ideas.

Has taken us both a full week to get over our jet lag, i guess the older you get the longer it takes, but as weve traveled through close to 10 time zones no wonder our body clocks, plus the past 8 weeks has been hectic putting the house on the market, having garage sales to downsize, getting everything ready for the movers, then cleaning up the house as it sold pretty quickly with settlement at 3pm the afternoon before we were due to fly out.

Feels great to come back here during summer, makes it so much easier to get settled in and work on my tan at the same time, sending best wishes and calm water to those still going through the inital K-1 steps..

Cheers

Kaye and Leonard

Our Timeline

I-751 Removal of Conditions

Date Filed : 2013-01-08

NOA Date : 2013-01-14

RFE(s) : NA

Bio. Appt. : 2013-02-06

Interview Date : NA

Approval / Denial Date : 2013-06-27

Approved : Yes

Timeline

Hi Everyone just checking in after a pretty long journey from Brisbane to Atlanta via Los Angeles, got a great deal on V Australian and Delta with flights, have been Stateside for a week today, already have a bank account in the process of buying a new car and applying for my Social Security Number [we were advised by Social Security to wait at least 10 days before applying to ensure my I-94 was definately in the pipeline as we were not aware we could apply when K-1 was being processed].

Suitcases are all unpacked and put away, and in the process of re-organizing the contents of the house and checking out wedding invitations, we have set our wedding date for Saturday July 31st..My future Mother In Law and I are preparing guest lists and looking at reception ideas.

Has taken us both a full week to get over our jet lag, i guess the older you get the longer it takes, but as weve traveled through close to 10 time zones no wonder our body clocks, plus the past 8 weeks has been hectic putting the house on the market, having garage sales to downsize, getting everything ready for the movers, then cleaning up the house as it sold pretty quickly with settlement at 3pm the afternoon before we were due to fly out.

Feels great to come back here during summer, makes it so much easier to get settled in and work on my tan at the same time, sending best wishes and calm water to those still going through the inital K-1 steps..

Congrats guys!! So happy for you :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.