Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Update: It's three days since Matt will be going in for his interview! and I am exicited and yet so nervous.. I am getting worried over petty things, like the affidavit of support, I am currently only studying (don't work) my parents are the sole providers for the affidavit (I hope this is OKAY) they make well above the amount required so that is good so I don't think I should be worried... I am getting so antsy!! :dance:

Matt went today to pay the visa fee and the 3kg envelope so all is set to go...

To Mingus, I'd suggest you wait atleast until your case is approved and sent to NVC... your police records go automatically to the consulate, and if they have no record of your case I am not quite sure they are going to keep them.. You can do your medical as soon as you get approved if you wish to. That is what my fiance did. We got approved, it took only about four dayst from NVC to Sydney and it was so quick we had the medical and police records the same weeek.... hope that helps.. You might want to start getting everything ready such as filling out the forms you need to send to the consulate, preparing the affidavit of support, and getting the passport pictures you need to attach to certain forms

Keep us updated!

thanks! didn't realise it went straight to the consulate so i'll wait. the dr in melbourne for he medical has a one month waiting list, i'm thinking if we don't have our noa2 by april, which i dont expect to, maybe ill make an appointmnet. we'll see.

Update: It's three days since Matt will be going in for his interview! and I am exicited and yet so nervous.. I am getting worried over petty things, like the affidavit of support, I am currently only studying (don't work) my parents are the sole providers for the affidavit (I hope this is OKAY) they make well above the amount required so that is good so I don't think I should be worried... I am getting so antsy!! :dance:

You'll be fine :thumbs: My husband had no income when we did ours either (he had already quit his job and was waiting to begin grad school) so we used his parents as our joint sponsors and the Consulate had no problems with it (though we did put our assets down there too but I don't think it had any affect on the approval)

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline

You'll be fine :thumbs: My husband had no income when we did ours either (he had already quit his job and was waiting to begin grad school) so we used his parents as our joint sponsors and the Consulate had no problems with it (though we did put our assets down there too but I don't think it had any affect on the approval)

Thats good to know! :star:

Thanks for this... only two days to go.. Matt asked me to make a checklist of everything he needs to print off now so he won't forget anything... so that is what I am doing at the moment... a copy of everythign he already sent plus what the consulate asked for PLUS evidence of relationship...

K-1 VISA Timeline

I-129F Sent :2008-10-16

I-129F NOA2 :2009-02-22

Interview Date : 2009-03-31

VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 2009-04-05

US Entry : 2009-04-26 tickets bought!

Wedding date: May 31, 2009

Praise HaShem! This has been such a blessing all thanks to him and his glorious hand!

AOS Timeline:

I-495 Sent: 2009-06-30

I-495 Received: 2009-07-01 (Fedex Overnight)

I-495 Biometrics: 2009-08-11

INTERVIEW DATE RECEIVED:: 2009-08-28

1-495 INTERVIEW DATE: 2009-09-29

Timeline

Thats good to know! :star:

Thanks for this... only two days to go.. Matt asked me to make a checklist of everything he needs to print off now so he won't forget anything... so that is what I am doing at the moment... a copy of everythign he already sent plus what the consulate asked for PLUS evidence of relationship...

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!! thinking of you and passing it with flying colors!!!!!!!

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Hi Guys, Im back! Got back yesterday morning ... I popped in for a bit but didnt post ... still feeling crook, the cough has eased of some but Im still feeling drained when I exhaust myself ...

Annie, Matts Interview is tomorrow, right? Tell him I said I wish him all the best... although I think you guys will be absolutely fine {{HUGZ}} .... Do you have a date when your planning for Matt to fly out yet? a wedding date? Those two questions they do ask .... they asked me and they asked the others that they interviewed ... Like, it doesnt have to be set in concrete, they wont hold you to it or anything .... but its a good idea to have a general idea ... Good Luck to both of you! (L)

Cham {{HUGZ}} How you going? Is Kai ready for his interview? only a few days to go now! His flying out the day before me....

MzMo is next after she has the bubs .... its all rather exciting and before you know it will be in here discussing our AOS ...

Im anxiously waiting for the Mail Man ... I got a mail hold over the week I was away so I dont know if my visa has arrived yet and is sitting in a mail room waiting or if it hasnt arrived yet at all .... Actually I feel very strange, my lease is over at this place ran out about two weeks back .... Just before I left for the interview I did a BIG clean up and packed 80% of my belongings and am now down to what I need to survive ... I feel really disassociated from this place even though Ive lived here like 3.5 years ... Early hours of the morning I woke up and and felt really confused and worked my way to the living room and had a ciggy before heading back to bed ...

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline
Hi Guys, Im back! Got back yesterday morning ... I popped in for a bit but didnt post ... still feeling crook, the cough has eased of some but Im still feeling drained when I exhaust myself ...

Annie, Matts Interview is tomorrow, right? Tell him I said I wish him all the best... although I think you guys will be absolutely fine {{HUGZ}} .... Do you have a date when your planning for Matt to fly out yet? a wedding date? Those two questions they do ask .... they asked me and they asked the others that they interviewed ... Like, it doesnt have to be set in concrete, they wont hold you to it or anything .... but its a good idea to have a general idea ... Good Luck to both of you! (L)

Cham {{HUGZ}} How you going? Is Kai ready for his interview? only a few days to go now! His flying out the day before me....

MzMo is next after she has the bubs .... its all rather exciting and before you know it will be in here discussing our AOS ...

Im anxiously waiting for the Mail Man ... I got a mail hold over the week I was away so I dont know if my visa has arrived yet and is sitting in a mail room waiting or if it hasnt arrived yet at all .... Actually I feel very strange, my lease is over at this place ran out about two weeks back .... Just before I left for the interview I did a BIG clean up and packed 80% of my belongings and am now down to what I need to survive ... I feel really disassociated from this place even though Ive lived here like 3.5 years ... Early hours of the morning I woke up and and felt really confused and worked my way to the living room and had a ciggy before heading back to bed ...

Hi Anne! Gosh I sure hope you feel better soon

Well yes, Matty's interview is tomorrow, he is getting ready as we speak to head to the airport... Less than 24 hours to go! Matt is flying out here the 26 of April and our wedding date is May 31 and that is CONCRETE! Remember I told you I had the date set ever since last june? But we had to reschedule it because we had no clue about the K-1? Matt went to the consulate and he applied for a B1/B2 visa to get married back in september, the consulate denied him that visa and told him he needed to apply for the correct visa, that is the K-1... where we are now... He was honest about his intentions and everything, so i really hope this is fine, I am a bit worried about this too to be honest... However, Matt passed the medical, he passed the police records clereance, we have evidence of ongoing relationship, he is taking the receipts of our paid vendors for the wedding, our affidavit of support is well above the poverty line, all these important things are set .... So I am praying everything will go smoothly! I'll make sure to post tommorow.. His interview is at 9 am...

Edited by Matt-and-Annie

K-1 VISA Timeline

I-129F Sent :2008-10-16

I-129F NOA2 :2009-02-22

Interview Date : 2009-03-31

VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 2009-04-05

US Entry : 2009-04-26 tickets bought!

Wedding date: May 31, 2009

Praise HaShem! This has been such a blessing all thanks to him and his glorious hand!

AOS Timeline:

I-495 Sent: 2009-06-30

I-495 Received: 2009-07-01 (Fedex Overnight)

I-495 Biometrics: 2009-08-11

INTERVIEW DATE RECEIVED:: 2009-08-28

1-495 INTERVIEW DATE: 2009-09-29

Timeline

Hi Annie {{HUGZ}} Im sorry, yes you did tell me but I am being such an airhead lately, I have that much to think about!! .... Mum was just on the phone and we are trying to put together an add for the fridge and bed to sell, both are in new condition ... the fridge I should be able to sell no probs but the bed will most prob end up at Salvo's or given away ....

But dont worry about the interview .... you've both done everything you can do at this stage ..... Matt has passed the Medical and the police check .... his got to go in confident, happy and agreeable ... I actually shocked myself because Ive been a nervous wreck thru the whole process and at the interview I was calm and unconcerned... Shay was shocked because he had to deal with me flippin' out with the medical etc and I was completely calm thru this .. I was like I did all I could babe, papers were in order, all the evidence was collected, we knew approx dates of arrival and wedding ... there was nothing more we/I could do .... I usually gabble on with the best of them but at the interview I shut up and listened and only spoke when spoken to and I tried to answer everything to the best of my knowledge but I had to throw in the bear comment and interview seemed amused so didnt hurt any :D

BTW who wants to hear my news?!?! :D

MY VISA HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!! actually it arrived on friday and it was left on my doorstep ... My neighbour Tony and his mum found it and took it into the house for safe keeping and since I had a really quiet day yesterday they didnt know I was home to give to me .... I opened the package and inside was the MYSTERIOUS BROWN PACKAGE and my passport with the visa stuck in there ... NOW I IS HAPPY!! :D

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Congratulations!!! Check & double check they have all your details correct in the visa and on the cover of the brown envelope :D

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

forgot to ask, how are the wedding plans going? :D

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline
Congratulations!!! Check & double check they have all your details correct in the visa and on the cover of the brown envelope :D

Hi Kaffy .... I had a look the details in the Visa are all accurate unless one of the numbers is incorrect but there is no way of knowing if that is the case ... passport number etc is correct ..... There is no details on the outside of the package except a sticker on each side saying that it can only be opened by immigration etc ...

The things that got me concerned is there is a rip in the package on one of the corners about 2 inches from the top and it stretches from the front to the back about 2-2.5 inches .... do you think it will cause me any problems? it doesnt look like its been tampered with, it just looks like the enveloped has riped a bit from the weight ... :unsure:

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline

@ Annex - CONGRATS ON THE APPROVAL!!! :dance::dance::thumbs::dance: Now you're all set and ready to leave! I know what you mean about feeling confused and all that..i think its just the hype of getting this visa and now you've actually got it...reality's kicked in...i dunno, maybe im wrong but I know ill feel like that when im about to leave! I hope you're feeling better these days with the cough and all that! You're wedding is around the corner - how exciting!!!!

@ Annie - goodluck to Matt on his interview tomorrow. Im sure he'll pass with no worries! Keep us posted on how it goes....your wedding is too, just around the corner like Anne's....not long to go!

@mingus - just double check with the police officer if the certificate is going to go straight to the consulate. They advised me that they were going to send it to me, make a copy and send it along with my packet 3. I know a few people have gone this route as well. It takes approx up to 3 weeks to receive the police certificate. I applied 2 weeks ago and still waiting. Hopefully its in the mail this week.

Oh and today I found out that Im having a boy!! Pretty exciting...at least now I can start looking at boy stuff and trying to come up with boy names :wacko: lol

ROC Journey:-

05.11.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.14.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

xx.xx.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.15.2012

05.31.2012 -- Biometric notice date

06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken

01.23.2013 -- Card Production Ordered.

01.28.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Timeline

Wedding plans are ok ... were not planning a big wedding, just friends and family in the gardens ... Shay has to contact the pastor to schedule the pre wedding meetings, the pastor wants to do 3 ... we got our rings and have pretty much decided on the food .... we still need to get chairs thou .... I still have to go pick up the blouse that Im intending to wear of laybye but I still havent found any shoes .... Gawd Im glad its not going to be a big spectacular wedding LOL

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline
@ Annex - CONGRATS ON THE APPROVAL!!! :dance::dance::thumbs::dance: Now you're all set and ready to leave! I know what you mean about feeling confused and all that..i think its just the hype of getting this visa and now you've actually got it...reality's kicked in...i dunno, maybe im wrong but I know ill feel like that when im about to leave! I hope you're feeling better these days with the cough and all that! You're wedding is around the corner - how exciting!!!!

[sNIP]

Oh and today I found out that Im having a boy!! Pretty exciting...at least now I can start looking at boy stuff and trying to come up with boy names :wacko: lol

OMGosh, Congratulations!!!! (L) Youll have to post heaps of pics ... Ohhh how exciting ... How about Joshua? I love that name but Shay doesnt like it :( ....

Thank you for the Congrates ... Im feeling a lot better the last couple days but I think I need to rest up because Im constantly feeling tired and keep dozing off ... getting the visa is awesome Im just worried about the rip in the envelope ... I cant wait to see Shay, I miss him heaps and the last week has been hard on us ... the friends I stayed with were awesome and didnt mind us chatting and we did at least an 1.5 even a couple hours one time but were used to spending his days off on the net and on the phone yapping ... this week will be fine because Im home but next week will be limited time again but thank goodness we know its only going to be a few days before we see each other after that...

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Wedding plans are ok ... were not planning a big wedding, just friends and family in the gardens ... Shay has to contact the pastor to schedule the pre wedding meetings, the pastor wants to do 3 ... we got our rings and have pretty much decided on the food .... we still need to get chairs thou .... I still have to go pick up the blouse that Im intending to wear of laybye but I still havent found any shoes .... Gawd Im glad its not going to be a big spectacular wedding LOL

Sounds lovely. We had a small wedding too and it was perfect. What kind of food are you having? I like food :P

Don't worry about the rip.. the edges on my envelope were a bit frayed too but that wasn't a problem with the officer at POE.

MzMo1102- YAAAYYYY!!! a baby boy :D This is soo exciting! Has he been very active lately?

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline
Sounds lovely. We had a small wedding too and it was perfect. What kind of food are you having? I like food :P

Don't worry about the rip.. the edges on my envelope were a bit frayed too but that wasn't a problem with the officer at POE.

Arrgh I hope its ok ... Ill have to find something to put it in to stop it from getting any bigger ....

Ummm since its an early morning wedding were having a brunch .... and were having crossants, meat platter, fruit platter, other types of brunch style nibbles and champaigne fruit cocktails .... Our cake is going to be a 2 layer marble mudcake with chocolate and white chocolate curls *drool* ... the gardens have a gazebo and a picnic area but were going to need to hire some chairs for the people who are there to witness the wedding ... although I have been to a wedding in a park and they didnt have chairs ... What do you guys think? Chairs or no chairs?

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.