Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Okay, so I actually got two NOA2's in the mail today. Is that normal?

And I haven't heard anything from NVC about them sending the application to the embassy. I looked at others timelines and they usually get the packet in a day or two and process it so that by now it would have already gone off to the embassy. Should I call them? I know it says to wait two weeks but I'm trying to get this stuff done by April.

I already have an uncooperative fiance who thinks that everything will just fall into place with the visa even though he does nothing for it. I really can't deal with constant delays from everyone else.

~~~~~Ham + Bacon~~~~~

09-10-03 - Met online

10-31-03 - Started dating

09-30-06 - Broke things off Ham wasn't ready for immigration (stayed friends)

12-03-08 - Began dating again...after a certain someone finally realized I was right in what I had been telling him for 2 years. (Had to add that :P )

12-03-08 - Unofficially engaged :)

K1 Visa

10-19-2009 - Sent I-129F to VCS

10-21-2009 - Check cashed

10-22-2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy

10-23-2009 - Touched

01-22-2010 - NOA2

02-04-2010 - Received Package 3

02-22-2010 - Ham finally went to get his medical done

02-24-2010 - Received the all clear on the medical

03-13-2010 - Submitted paperwork for police check

03-25-2010 - Received the Police Check

04-06-2010 - Submitting the P3 to Consulate

04-11-2010 - Received P4

05-04-2010 - Interview! - Needed more evidence of relationship. :( Emailed pics and email convos one hour later.

05-05-2010 - Approved!!!!!!

05-06-2010 - VISA IN HAND!!!!!!

06-09-2010 - POE - LAX (Official Proposal!!!)

07-10-2010 - Wedding :D

AOS

08-31-2010 - Mailed off AOS

09-02-2010 - Packet Received

09-09-2010 - NOA1 Emails - AOS, EAD, AP

09-14-2010 - NOA1 Hard Copies - AOS, EAD, AP

10-04-2010 - Biometrics (AOS and EAD)

11-03-2010 - Email and Text that EAD and AP were approved

11-05-2010 - Email and Text that EAD was sent on for production of card.

11-09-2010 - Email and Text that notice regarding EAD was sent (EAD card, hopefully?)

11-30-2010 - AOS Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

And I haven't heard anything from NVC about them sending the application to the embassy. I looked at others timelines and they usually get the packet in a day or two and process it so that by now it would have already gone off to the embassy. Should I call them? I know it says to wait two weeks but I'm trying to get this stuff done by April.

I already have an uncooperative fiance who thinks that everything will just fall into place with the visa even though he does nothing for it. I really can't deal with constant delays from everyone else.

I wouldn't worry about getting two NOA2's in the mail. In our case, we got the hardcopy NOA2, but in the USCIS system it still says our case is pending! Sometimes they just stuff up.

NVC will not contact you once you package is sent to Sydney. You need to call them, give them your WAC number from your NOA's your name, your fiance's name and a few others bits of info and they can tell you if they still have your petition, or when it was sent. If it was sent, there is a thread in the NVC forum that tells you how to track your package from NVC to Sydney. The time frame between our NOA2 and NVC sending our petition to Sydney was eight days, then another five days for it to get to Sydney, and then another three days for them to get us our Packet Three - Just over two weeks in all.

Don't start to lose heart - You are SO CLOSE to being at the embassy and getting that approval. I know it really sucks when you are the one doing all the hard work, because that was me, too. But you are nearly there. Soon enough you can give your fiance a good smack up the head in person ;)

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline

You're almost EXACTLY in my situation it's kinda funny.

For me, I had a flight booked 12 Sept. My NOA2 was 30 June (which was my "better get it by or I need to change flights") and I had my interview August 25. The reason mine took so long was because my police check took too long. You should be able to go and get your police check now. Call about your medical. It took less than a week after sending in P3 to get my interview date, which was 3 weeks from getting the interview date. it's VERY possible that you'll get it done by April.

There are 61 days (8 weeks roughly) from the 30th Jan to the 1st April. That's PLENTY of time as long as you're organised. Your plan now is

1. Get police check organised (mine too 15 days when it's supposed to be 10 or less)

2. Find out how long it takes to get a medical appointment. If it's a long time, consider booking now. Find out if they need the case number from Sydney. Mine didn't but I happened to have it by the time of my medical (this wasn't too bad a wait time actually for me, around a week)

3. Make sure the USC has the affidavit of support done and in your hot little hand. (that also slowed us down)

You should get P3 soon enough. It was 2 weeks between NOA2 and P3 for me. It should be okay. Close but okay. Just be prepared.

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone :)

Any news??? I hope you've all had a great weekend.

The latest on my son and the court order is that I took my application to the Federal Court, they said I did a great job filling it out etc and had all the ID and documents they require, but the order content and the information on the affidavit needed refining. I've found a free community legal place, ran by Legal Aid, so I have an appointment with them on the 22nd of this month. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling then :).

Hey I was wondering, how did you guys present your petitions? I read somewhere on here that people recommend acco (I think that's what it was called) fasteners?

Also, I know in Australia that money orders are not the same as cheques, is that the same in America? I'm assuming so but my boyfriend told me they were the same thing, but I think he's either pulling my leg or assumes that a money order would be ok to send (which I know it isn't lol).

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Any news??? I hope you've all had a great weekend.

The latest on my son and the court order is that I took my application to the Federal Court, they said I did a great job filling it out etc and had all the ID and documents they require, but the order content and the information on the affidavit needed refining. I've found a free community legal place, ran by Legal Aid, so I have an appointment with them on the 22nd of this month. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling then :).

Hey I was wondering, how did you guys present your petitions? I read somewhere on here that people recommend acco (I think that's what it was called) fasteners?

Also, I know in Australia that money orders are not the same as cheques, is that the same in America? I'm assuming so but my boyfriend told me they were the same thing, but I think he's either pulling my leg or assumes that a money order would be ok to send (which I know it isn't lol).

Not sure if money orders are the same or not (they do look like cheques over there though), but if you're paying your petition fees you would be better paying by cheque as you'll be able to trace the payment. Money orders you can't do that.

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Hello all,

So I sent Packet 3 in 10 days ago (express post) and have not heard a whisper since, finally e-mailed today and got not one but two automated "Don't call us we'll call you" responses.

From looking at others timelines it seems most hear back very quickly.

Anyone else been in the same boat and had it take a while? It's driving me crazy !!

Cheers.

Hey, have you received Packet 4 or heard anything from the consulate yet? It seems strange to me because most people recieve P4 within about a week of sending P3. Maybe they have made a mistake. They incorrectly spelt my email address so I didn't recieve P3 when I should have. We were waiting about a week and then my fiance emailed them and they emailed it to the correct address right away.

Jamie, your little baby is adorable! That little face is too cute :)

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks for that Deb+Steve :)

LOL thanks Giggles ... he's very cute and kissable!

Anyone on the presentation of the petition? I don't know whether just stapling is sufficient or if there is a particular way USCIS expect it presented?

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey Aussie folks, I had a quick question and didn't know if you had run into this before...

My fiancee is Thai, but lived for extended periods in Oz. The police report she was given is rather drab and unofficial looking. The embassy in Thailand almost did not accept it as they insisted it was a photocopy. Is this common? I assumed the thai officials would have seen many australian police certs. Will we run into any problems with this stateside?

Thanks

AOS Mailed 5-02-2010

NOA1 5-12-2010

Forward CSC 6-06-2010

Biometrics 6-16-2010

AOS Touch 7-10-2010

EAD Approve 7-21-2010

EAD Arrival 7-30-2010

Greencard Approve 9-08-2010

Greencard Arrives 9-15-2010

No Interview

ROC Mailed 6-12-2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Money orders and cheques are not the same. You can buy money orders from petrol stations or supermarkets here. Either ways u can use one or the other to send and pay for things. They work for the same purpose. But it's true that it's better to use cheques as you can track them easily and have receipt number stamped once cashed.

thCat_Dancing.gif

12.15.2009 - Mailed out AOS

12.29.2009 - NOAs Received-hard copies

01.02.2010 - Biometrics appt. r'cved for Jan.19,2010

01.15.2010 - Walk in Biometrics - DONE

02.03.2010 - Case Transfered to CSC

02.16.2010 - I-765 approved. card production ordered

02.24.2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived today!

03.05.2010 - I-485 APPROVED, "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03.11.2010 - "Welcome to the US of A" letter arrived

03.12.2010 - PR Card arrived

Dec. 5, 2011 (Monday) - Is the date when I can apply for Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hey Aussie folks, I had a quick question and didn't know if you had run into this before...

My fiancee is Thai, but lived for extended periods in Oz. The police report she was given is rather drab and unofficial looking. The embassy in Thailand almost did not accept it as they insisted it was a photocopy. Is this common? I assumed the thai officials would have seen many australian police certs. Will we run into any problems with this stateside?

Thanks

Had no problems with mine since coming here. Actually, I've not even taken it out of my filing folder nor used if for any paperworks. Noone's asked to see it yet.

thCat_Dancing.gif

12.15.2009 - Mailed out AOS

12.29.2009 - NOAs Received-hard copies

01.02.2010 - Biometrics appt. r'cved for Jan.19,2010

01.15.2010 - Walk in Biometrics - DONE

02.03.2010 - Case Transfered to CSC

02.16.2010 - I-765 approved. card production ordered

02.24.2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived today!

03.05.2010 - I-485 APPROVED, "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03.11.2010 - "Welcome to the US of A" letter arrived

03.12.2010 - PR Card arrived

Dec. 5, 2011 (Monday) - Is the date when I can apply for Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Sorry for the late reply,

I got an e-mail later the day I posted my last message and had the interview today (9th), it could not have been easier. Both my fiance and I received the notification via e-mail and Trish thought it was me fwding the message so she replied to the embassy saying - "Oh my god thats awesome I love you etc etc" they replied shortly after saying - "Thats great we look forward to meeting Michael at his interview next week" turns out they are actual people and they have senses of humour (humor) - who would have thunk it !

Hey, have you received Packet 4 or heard anything from the consulate yet? It seems strange to me because most people recieve P4 within about a week of sending P3. Maybe they have made a mistake. They incorrectly spelt my email address so I didn't recieve P3 when I should have. We were waiting about a week and then my fiance emailed them and they emailed it to the correct address right away.

Jamie, your little baby is adorable! That little face is too cute :)

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent : 2009-09-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-09-21

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-12-17

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2010-01-04

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-01-13

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 87 days from your NOA1 date.

Timeline

I got an e-mail later the day I posted my last message and had the interview today (9th), it could not have been easier. Both my fiance and I received the notification via e-mail and Trish thought it was me fwding the message so she replied to the embassy saying - "Oh my god thats awesome I love you etc etc" they replied shortly after saying - "Thats great we look forward to meeting Michael at his interview next week" turns out they are actual people and they have senses of humour (humor) - who would have thunk it !

That's the funniest thing i've read all day. Extra funny.. they have to put any email they send or receive INTO your file. So now your love for the embassy is well documented :P Aaaahhhahahaha rofl. Awesome. Yep. This goes into the "must tell tony about this" bank of funny stuff :P

Oh, and grats! :D

Hahaha! :lol: That's so funny! Congratulations!

Timeline

Also not sure if anyone else on the forum was there on tuesday but I was sitting waiting for an hour a bit anxious, as anyone who hsa been there can attest to, hoping I could remember any details if asked etc etc. That is until I started listening to some of the other interviews especially for I think its the 'Diversity' Visa. This one gentleman who was from Egypt and had been here in Oz for about 9 months approached the window and had his interview and this is a small excerpt of what happened next -

"why did you put yes to the question- will you become a public charge?"

"my cousin filled it out"

"but here you answered 'no' to did someone help you fill this out"

"no I filled it out myself"

"but you just said your cousin did it"

"yes he mailed it to me"

"so someone else filled it out?"

"no I did it"

and it went round and round in circles ! (he wasn't approved - yet)

put me at ease though, I thought the interview guy is going to love me, I can comprehend his questions and fashion a sensical response !!!

Hahaha! :lol: That's so funny! Congratulations!

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent : 2009-09-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-09-21

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-12-17

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2010-01-04

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-01-13

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 87 days from your NOA1 date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.