Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
We just got our packet 3 too!

We may have a slight problem tho.........Neil's put in for his last day of work as July 2, 2010 as he's effectively retiring.

On the packet 3 email it says that you "must be interviewed and have your visa issued within the four-month validity of your petition." Our NOA2 says it's good thru Jan 23 but I think this is going to be cutting things too close. How flexible are they on this? Should I just go ahead and apply for an extension?

I leave for an extended trip to see him in 12 days (YAY!) but that means that I won't be able to start gathering the supporting documentation for the affidavid of support (I am the USC)!!

How close to Sydney do you live? We used to live in Brisbane and my trip down for the interview was done in a couple of hours. I caught the earliest flight down and was on the noon flight back. Surely Neil's employer can allow a bit of flexibility

Hi Kaffy!

He's in Perth........I'm in Houston. We've been trying to plan this so that we get his Visa in the early bit of 2010 (for a POE in July 2010) but it's all gone so fast! (lol, usually don't hear that I bet). The interview itself isn't the problem.....he's got heaps of flexi-time to take off for that.....it's getting the interview scheduled so that the Visa's 6 months validity expires after July 2010. (so he needs to get his Visa no earlier than February 2010).

Since our NOA2 is dated to expire Jan 23, 2010 that would put his Visa expiring July 23, 2010 and very close to his final working days.

(yeah, I'm probably making this all too hard :P) I'm thinking that we file for an extension but I wanted to see if anyone else had done that?

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-06

I-129F Received VSC: 2009-07-08

I-129F check cashed: 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Packet 3 received by email here too :D

Quick question.... I know we send the DS-230 part I ASAP... do i send part II with it even though it wouldn't be filled out or signed? Also do i send anything with that, or just slip it in an envelope addressed to the consulate?

Hey there

I contacted the consulate about this form. Apparently Sydney doesn't need it at all for K1 visas. So you don't have to send it with part 1. I have filled it out already but am keeping it in my records just in case :)

Are you sure??

Packet 3 says .... The visa applicant should complete and return form DS-230 (Part I only) as soon as possible to the U.S. Consulate General, Sydney. We only accept original forms, not faxed or scanned copies.

This is the reply I got from the consulate:

"Dear Ms. Parkinson,

We do not require Part 2, and also please ignore the reference to the DS2000.

Please send us the rest of your documents as soon as possible.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General, Sydney

(RW)"

If you are nervous about it, it couldn't hurt to send part 2 as well I'm sure.

I had already filled it out, so I am going to hold onto it if they need it at any point down the track.

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I recommend mailing a copy and keeping a copy. Can't be too safe.

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline

Quick question.... I know we send the DS-230 part I ASAP... do i send part II with it even though it wouldn't be filled out or signed? Also do i send anything with that, or just slip it in an envelope addressed to the consulate?

Hey there

I contacted the consulate about this form. Apparently Sydney doesn't need it at all for K1 visas. So you don't have to send it with part 1. I have filled it out already but am keeping it in my records just in case :)

Are you sure??

Packet 3 says .... The visa applicant should complete and return form DS-230 (Part I only) as soon as possible to the U.S. Consulate General, Sydney. We only accept original forms, not faxed or scanned copies.

"Dear Ms. Parkinson,

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

(RW)"

I had already filled it out, so I am going to hold onto it if they need it at any point down the track.

ahhhhh sorry Natalie, i was looking at your post earlier thinking you meant the whole DS-230 wasn't required. So i'll be sure to send just part 1 then. Sorry i got myself confused there. :blush:

TIMELINE:

December, 2008 - Started talking on plentyoffish.com

March 25, 2009 - Left Australia to to meet her

March 28, 2009 - Finally met in person!!

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

May 4, 2009 - Returned to Australia

June 26, 2009 - Filed I-129F

July 6, 2009 - NOA1 Received

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

September 18, 2009 - NOA2!!!!!

September 28, 2009 - NVC Received

October 1, 2009 - NVC Sent

October 7, 2009 - Consulate Received

October 14, 2009 - Medical

October 17, 2009 - December 8 - Simon visiting Janet in the U.S

December 11, 2009 - Packet 3 sent

December 18, 2009 - Packet 4 received

January 12, 2010 - Interview date

January 14 2010 - Visa Received

January 23 2010 - US Entry

February 7 2010 - Marriage

Hey there

Are you sure??

"Dear Ms. Parkinson,

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

(RW)"

ahhhhh sorry Natalie, i was looking at your post earlier thinking you meant the whole DS-230 wasn't required. So i'll be sure to send just part 1 then. Sorry i got myself confused there. :blush:

oooh sorry Simon! I should have phrased my post better, I can see how it was confusing! Yes, the DS-230 part 1 is required. OOPS sorry for the worry!

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Timeline

Hey all you aussies, its my first time possint on this thread.. :dance:

I am based in Sydney and my fiance is based in NY. we were approved in 68 days which was a total shock to me.. but loving the fact that it was approved so quickly. i guess we filed at just the right time..

Our file arrived into the Sydney embassy today so I am hoping we receive packet 3 next week some time via email.

I have a few questions

1. does the I-134 form require it to be notorized? I have read on the embassy website and i though i saw that it needed to be notorized for australians?

2. my fiance has been employed at the same company (same company as me) for over 18 years, is it enough to supply a letter from work, 3 years copies of w2's and pay slips?

I had my medical yesterday and I didnt have the case number, i am presuming the case number is the same case number that NVC use? I was told by the dr that if you dont provide the case number it causes so many issues and messes things up.

Hope you all have a great weekend.. Looks like there are a lot of aussies at the same stage in the process right now..

Timeline

Hey there

Are you sure??

"Dear Ms. Parkinson,

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

(RW)"

oooh sorry Simon! I should have phrased my post better, I can see how it was confusing! Yes, the DS-230 part 1 is required. OOPS sorry for the worry!

Haha that's ok, i read faster than my brain likes sometimes.

TIMELINE:

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

Timeline

I am based in Sydney and my fiance is based in NY. we were approved in 68 days which was a total shock to me.. but loving the fact that it was approved so quickly. i guess we filed at just the right time..

Our file arrived into the Sydney embassy today so I am hoping we receive packet 3 next week some time via email.

I have a few questions

1. does the I-134 form require it to be notorized? I have read on the embassy website and i though i saw that it needed to be notorized for australians?

2. my fiance has been employed at the same company (same company as me) for over 18 years, is it enough to supply a letter from work, 3 years copies of w2's and pay slips?

I had my medical yesterday and I didnt have the case number, i am presuming the case number is the same case number that NVC use? I was told by the dr that if you dont provide the case number it causes so many issues and messes things up.

Hope you all have a great weekend.. Looks like there are a lot of aussies at the same stage in the process right now..

Congrats :D

Not exactly sure about the first question you asked.

For question 2 he'd need to get a letter from work stating his salary and how long he's been working there. W2's and have his tax returns...not sure if one year is enough for tax returns or whether he needs 3 years...i'm sure someone who's been through this stage can help us out there.

TIMELINE:

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

the most recent tax return is fine but if you can submit copies of the last 3 then that's even better

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline

I have a few questions

Congrats :D

Not exactly sure about the first question you asked.

For question 2 he'd need to get a letter from work stating his salary and how long he's been working there. W2's and have his tax returns...not sure if one year is enough for tax returns or whether he needs 3 years...i'm sure someone who's been through this stage can help us out there.

Thanks

Oh ok well I will try and atleast get my fiance to start to collect atleast one year of tax returns...

sorry about the confusion with my first question I was asking if the I-134 form needs to be notorized in the US before he sends it to me? Similar to a justice of the peace thing here.. I just wanted to check if the Sydney consulate requires the form to be notorized?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I was advised that the newest I-134 does not have to be notarized, but when Loke and I did it. I notarized it in America and sent him a copy in case.

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

I'm thinking that we file for an extension but I wanted to see if anyone else had done that?

We filed an extension without any issues. I'll look and see if I can find the info they sent us on how to go about doing it...

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

hey everyone...

nice to see some new faces on here!

im just popping in to say any day now, hopefully, i will be hearing "case complete" and it will allllll be over for us.. well til interview time!

its sooo exciting really. i hope it goes smoothly.

anyway, in other news, i am off to sydney next weekend for a friends wedding in the hunter valley. it will be lovely. i wish i wasnt going alone but oh well!

i hope you are all well and as happy as can be. pretty soon we will all be with our loved ones.. :D

xox

just curious on who poeple used when they moved stuff to the US, any recomendations or advice?

I'm in melbourne at the moment and will be moving to Charlotte, NC wont be alot of stuff, but too much to mail/take with me

Edited by Warren and Cindy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.