Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hahaha yeah some people act like they aren't paid to do their freaking jobs or something.. disregard her. She is worth about as much as gum scraped off the bottom of your shoe... anyway the police check normally does require an appointment. It seems to be the thing that takes the longest to get as well so I recommend starting early with that for all people.

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline

Removing Conditions

I have to file on October 28th, but paranoia has suddenley hit me this past week. I have started getting evidence together because I have been reading all these horror stories of people not being approved and whatnot.

So far this is what I got today. I got a letter from the old property manager where we used to live saying they gave him a background check so he could move in with me and stating that he was approved for occupancy, then she gave me the background check sheet and in the letter it says when we moved out, then I have my new lease where we were both on it so that's good and it's dated as to when we moved in. I also have the change of address notice I got from the USCIS when we changed our address online. I got a letter from the back today saying that we share a savings account. I have 7 affidavits so far from friends and they are all notarized because I am a freak of nature...

I have tons of mail examples from us getting mail at the same address. Of course we have our tax returns from last year where we filed jointly. I have the medical cards in both our names and I asked Loke to get a letter from the human resources department from his work stating that his checks are deducted for family healthcare and that we are all on his plan.

I still have one month to get additional information together, of course I will send them tons of photos. USCIS hates me I think because our file at our last interview was two feet tall and we brought in a whole box of junk the guy didn't even want to look at. lol

I hope over killing it will get us approved without an interview *crosses fingers*

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi guys. Just letting you know I've now arrived in the USA! I've updated my thread with my experience (here's a quickie link to the POE one - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&p=3314339) and.. yeah :) Woohoo!

I will update again when I do AOS but I wanted to wish you all the best of luck.

Hugs

V* :)

Hi guys. Just letting you know I've now arrived in the USA! I've updated my thread with my experience (here's a quickie link to the POE one - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&p=3314339) and.. yeah :) Woohoo!

I will update again when I do AOS but I wanted to wish you all the best of luck.

Hugs

V* :)

Yay *wave*

Glad to see you made it!!

hi guys! thanks for the reply on the sydney interview times!

i am feeling crazzzzzy excited today koz our NVC number was assigned and i am looking towards the end soon!! EEEE.

you are so right in saying it comes so quick.. i am trying to think of things to pack and how to pack all my ####### hahaha.

hubby was so sweet and bought me a puppy yesterday. he is gorgeous! he is waiting for me when i arrive :)

hope you are all well and happy.

its great to hear Vanessa and Tony make it back together finally.. and hopefully soon for the rest of us too :)

Timeline

Congrats Vanessa & Tony!

And YAY for a puppy! He will keep you company while you wait for the AOS and EAD. Bring some things with you that remind you of home m'dear because home sickness has a tendancy to kick in hard. Loke dealt with it by ordering Cherry Ripes and BBQ shapes and sending them to the house lol.

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Guys, congrats to you all on the progress you are making, I thought I'd just post a quickie, to let you know that I have completed this journey that started in 2004.

Today 176 people from 46 countries were naturalized in the 1st ceremony of the day. I arrived at 7.20am for my 7.30 appointment to find few parking places left (there is a multi there) and a queue right through to the back of the carpark. The ceremony was officiated by the Head of the USCIS office and was finished well before 9am.

Since then I have been to the SS office to change my status and completed my voters registration. We copied my certificate and gave it over at the passport office with the application, it seems strange to let the piece of paper that has cost approx $2000:00 and so many frustrations out of my hands after less than 3 hours. Because you have to hand in the green card on naturalising and can only travel on a US passport after, I feel it is important to get the passport without delay, so another $100:00 had to be budgeted for.

It may seem a long way off if you are at the beginning of your journey, but thought Id drop in to let you know there is an end to it! Unless of course like us, you now have to turn around and get the Aussie spouse visa.

2004 K-1 Visa Service Center : Texas Service Center Consulate : Sydney, Australia Sep 22: I-129F Sent Approved in 89 days. Apr 4: Interview took 194 days from filing. Apr 13: LAX POE Date Marriage 5 July 2005

2005 Adjustment of Status CIS Office Aug 5: Miami FL Date Filed Aug 12: NOA Date : 2005-08-12 Aug 17: chq cashed Bio. Appt. 2006 May 2: Interview Date June 6: Interview Cancelled T'fer to CSC May 26 2006 - June 10: Approval Date : 2006-6-10 July 21: Greencard Received

2006 July 21 06 GREENCARD

2008 I751 Application sent Mar 10: Texas Service Center Mar 14: Check cashed

April 17: Infopass at Miami for 1 year extension stamp in passport due to no NOA

April 22: Biometrics - took 15 minutes April 22/23: Touched both days but no changes

2009 Feb 04 10 Year GREENCARD

Timeline
Hi Guys, congrats to you all on the progress you are making, I thought I'd just post a quickie, to let you know that I have completed this journey that started in 2004.

Today 176 people from 46 countries were naturalized in the 1st ceremony of the day. I arrived at 7.20am for my 7.30 appointment to find few parking places left (there is a multi there) and a queue right through to the back of the carpark. The ceremony was officiated by the Head of the USCIS office and was finished well before 9am.

Since then I have been to the SS office to change my status and completed my voters registration. We copied my certificate and gave it over at the passport office with the application, it seems strange to let the piece of paper that has cost approx $2000:00 and so many frustrations out of my hands after less than 3 hours. Because you have to hand in the green card on

naturalising and can only travel on a US passport after, I feel it is important to get the passport without delay, so another $100:00 had to be budgeted for.

It may seem a long way off if you are at the beginning of your journey, but thought Id drop in to let you know there is an end to it! Unless of course like us, you now have to turn around and get the Aussie spouse visa.

What a wonderful and positive way to end your story. I am like you and we are going for the Australian spouse visa after this. I hope it's painless or at least taken a bit lighter in Australia than it is here in the USA. Congrats on naturalizing you've earned it!

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Since then I have been to the SS office to change my status and completed my voters registration. We copied my certificate and gave it over at the passport office with the application, it seems strange to let the piece of paper that has cost approx $2000:00 and so many frustrations out of my hands after less than 3 hours. Because you have to hand in the green card on

naturalising and can only travel on a US passport after, I feel it is important to get the passport without delay, so another $100:00 had to be budgeted for.

Interesting you say you can only travel on a US passport - I thought that Aussies who are dual nationals are supposed to enter Australia on their Australian passport. Unless you mean you have to use the US passport if you travel elsewhere or use it coming back into the US?

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

Timeline

Interesting you say you can only travel on a US passport - I thought that Aussies who are dual nationals are supposed to enter Australia on their Australian passport. Unless you mean you have to use the US passport if you travel elsewhere or use it coming back into the US?

Bingo you gotta have the Australian passport to get into Australia and the US one to get back into US

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Timeline
Bingo you gotta have the Australian passport to get into Australia and the US one to get back into US

Yeah, that makes more sense. I honestly think you'd be silly if you were a dual national and used your Aussie passport to get into the US, or vice versa >_<

I think that my package has been sent to the consulate - tried the DHL tracking by reference trick and I know one package was sent to Sydney on the day I was approved, and it was signed for on Monday. I keep hearing Aussies say that Sydney consulate emails Packet 3, but I'm wondering where they'll get my email address from :lol:

Oh well, I'm trying to get a jump start on things anyway. Just called to see how far ahead I'd have to book my medical - luckily there's a panel physician in Canberra so I won't have to go to Sydney - she said they were booking a month ahead so I went ahead and booked it for Oct 20th. She also said it would cost $150, I hope she's right, that's cheaper than what I was thinking :)

Now I've got to call that AFP ###### back to try and organise my police check =/

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

They tell you at the ceremony that you are not allowed to leave the US except on the US passport, and since you no longer have a green card, you dont have much choice, unless you expect to never leave the USA.

But of course entering Australia (or any country that you are a citizen of, you have to enter and leave on that country's passport)

2004 K-1 Visa Service Center : Texas Service Center Consulate : Sydney, Australia Sep 22: I-129F Sent Approved in 89 days. Apr 4: Interview took 194 days from filing. Apr 13: LAX POE Date Marriage 5 July 2005

2005 Adjustment of Status CIS Office Aug 5: Miami FL Date Filed Aug 12: NOA Date : 2005-08-12 Aug 17: chq cashed Bio. Appt. 2006 May 2: Interview Date June 6: Interview Cancelled T'fer to CSC May 26 2006 - June 10: Approval Date : 2006-6-10 July 21: Greencard Received

2006 July 21 06 GREENCARD

2008 I751 Application sent Mar 10: Texas Service Center Mar 14: Check cashed

April 17: Infopass at Miami for 1 year extension stamp in passport due to no NOA

April 22: Biometrics - took 15 minutes April 22/23: Touched both days but no changes

2009 Feb 04 10 Year GREENCARD

Timeline

Try to do the police cleance as soon as possible becaus ethat takes a longer time than the other things in most cases. Get that done right away! They will not e-mail you unless you sign up for e-mail alerts at www.uscis.gov and then when you are approved you will get an approval e-mail that way. They do not e-mail the packet they mail it.

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Grats and thank you, reading these forums and having people chat about various stages, hints advice, their journey's make it much easier to deal with, its just the waiting that seems to be the killer atm ><

Timeline

Hi all, grats to Jadye on her naturlization, all very exciting.

Our case not so much.

Was just wondering if anyone knew anything about immigration to Australia, because frankly the US justice system and US immigration system are busy screwing us around something cronic and well we just want to get on with our lives together, if anyone has any experience with it could you let me know? THankies

Mara

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.