Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Vanessa and Thanks,

Found out this past Monday

"Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On August 7, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice.

So woooooooooHoooooooooo they have gotten a move on in Vermont... as of this post Leonard has not yet received the notice in the mail, but he will send me a copy as soon as it arrives, so we can see where we go from here :))

Now i guess the health and police checks commence, plus obtaining MORE copies of emails and phone bills etc dated after we lodge the I-129F.. is there anything else i should be preparing in readiness?

Cheers and Hugs to all, been a long day I am off to bed.. but look out Tennessee we are getting closer to being there..

Breezie/Kaye :dance:

Our Timeline

I-751 Removal of Conditions

Date Filed : 2013-01-08

NOA Date : 2013-01-14

RFE(s) : NA

Bio. Appt. : 2013-02-06

Interview Date : NA

Approval / Denial Date : 2013-06-27

Approved : Yes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi Vanessa and Thanks,

On August 7, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice.

So woooooooooHoooooooooo they have gotten a move on in Vermont... as of this post Leonard has not yet received the notice in the mail, but he will send me a copy as soon as it arrives, so we can see where we go from here :))

Now i guess the health and police checks commence, plus obtaining MORE copies of emails and phone bills etc dated after we lodge the I-129F.. is there anything else i should be preparing in readiness?

Cheers and Hugs to all, been a long day I am off to bed.. but look out Tennessee we are getting closer to being there..

Breezie/Kaye :dance:

Congrats!

Rather than type it out, if you read my thread (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=206016&st=15&gopid=3205812entry3205812), I've posted what P3 will look like, the links they'll send you and what you need etc. I'm up to the interview date myself so it could help get you up to speed on what to expect.

I would get started on the Police check now, mine took longer and it doesn't matter that you applied before you received P3. Also, your medical results are good for a year so you could try and book that in now too.

Good luck. It'll go really fast from here :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks a lot Vanessa truly appreciate it, am still in a state of shock at finally getting NOA2, after checking USCIS website and seeing timelines set at December 30th 2008 i had no idea they had even touched our application as no touches were noted and then poof it was approved. We had thought we might have to wait until November this year for them to even look at our application, but oh well.. Leo is busy getting another Australian Visa now so that he can come down here in a couple months and hopefully stay for Christmas and help me throught the rest of the process and spend some more time with me and my family and friends and help me get rid of a lot of junk heheh and downsize..

Oh well time for work.. thanks again will check out the thread you mentioned tonight when i get home..

Cheers Kaye :))

Our Timeline

I-751 Removal of Conditions

Date Filed : 2013-01-08

NOA Date : 2013-01-14

RFE(s) : NA

Bio. Appt. : 2013-02-06

Interview Date : NA

Approval / Denial Date : 2013-06-27

Approved : Yes

Just a quick update about the social security number issue--apparently the forms are misleading when they ask you if you want a ssn assigned for you when you submit them to the embassy! After some research, it appears that is only the case if you file as a CR-1, not a K-1! K-1 has to go down and apply for it in person.

For those of you still yet to come over, make sure your fiance knows to check for their I-94 at their POE (needed for AOS as well as for SSN). I knew we needed it, but thought it was another form to download later on and didn't know it was supposed to be slipped in his passport upon entrance--and LAX somehow managed to not give it back to my husband when he was processed. We nearly ended up paying $320 to file for a replacement! Thankfully, we got a great CBP officer here in Spokane that we sweet talked into replacing it for us for free! (First time in this process something went our way, lol!)

I'm sure our experience with it is not the norm of course, but it doesn't hurt to remind your fiance to check it's given back to them when they arrive and avoid the hassle later if it isn't :)

Good luck to those coming up on their interviews!!

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

hi ya all

been reading and catching up on all the news ...it is great that us aussies step up to the plate to help each other ..keep up the great work..

congrats to all those who have been approved and to those who are going to their interviews ...this is an exciting time in your lives..i know i was excited...lol

was doing some research on flights to oz as i am planning on going over in feb to see my daughter who is expecting ..and came across this one way flights to lax...cheap as...by the way this will be my first flight home in 3 years....

one way flights with V Aust.

i hope this can help anyone..even just getting to lax then your fiancee or husband organising flights within the u.s. would make you flight home cheaper...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi Vanessa and Thanks,

Congrats! And at VSC too! They're currently doing Mid March packages so that's awesome!

TIMELINE:

December, 2008 - Started talking on plentyoffish.com

March 25, 2009 - Left Australia to to meet her

March 28, 2009 - Finally met in person!!

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

May 4, 2009 - Returned to Australia

June 26, 2009 - Filed I-129F

July 6, 2009 - NOA1 Received

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

September 18, 2009 - NOA2!!!!!

September 28, 2009 - NVC Received

October 1, 2009 - NVC Sent

October 7, 2009 - Consulate Received

October 14, 2009 - Medical

October 17, 2009 - December 8 - Simon visiting Janet in the U.S

December 11, 2009 - Packet 3 sent

December 18, 2009 - Packet 4 received

January 12, 2010 - Interview date

January 14 2010 - Visa Received

January 23 2010 - US Entry

February 7 2010 - Marriage

Timeline

Gratz Breezie, I hope the rest of your process goes smoothly.

We passed our official 12 months since we sent in our I129F yesterday, was great..... Though I am grateful for one thing, our wedding was supposed to originally be this coming saturday (22nd) and the forecast at the moment is calling for rain maybe god is on our side after all....

Apparently USCIS has until Friday to give us some news so I will be watching the mail with baited breath this week, man I hope something comes before we go away on Thursday lol.

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Timeline
Gratz Breezie, I hope the rest of your process goes smoothly.

We passed our official 12 months since we sent in our I129F yesterday, was great..... Though I am grateful for one thing, our wedding was supposed to originally be this coming saturday (22nd) and the forecast at the moment is calling for rain maybe god is on our side after all....

Apparently USCIS has until Friday to give us some news so I will be watching the mail with baited breath this week, man I hope something comes before we go away on Thursday lol.

I'll say a prayer for you. It's been a long tough run for you guys and hopefully it'll have a happy ending very shortly. All the best!

TIMELINE:

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

Timeline

Nothing for me on the NOA2 front, but it's early days yet :) Not really expecting anything until October.

I'm headed off to NY for two weeks to see Jesse on Saturday, wish me luck for no hassle at the POE!

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

Timeline
Nothing for me on the NOA2 front, but it's early days yet :) Not really expecting anything until October.

I'm headed off to NY for two weeks to see Jesse on Saturday, wish me luck for no hassle at the POE!

Good luck! Let us know how it all goes!

On a separate note... i'm going over for 3 weeks in late October. United Airlines have a return from Melbourne to Philadelphia for $909 :o

TIMELINE:

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

Timeline

Good luck! Let us know how it all goes!

On a separate note... i'm going over for 3 weeks in late October. United Airlines have a return from Melbourne to Philadelphia for $909 :o

That's so cheap! I'm flying with United Airlines too, I paid for my tickets a few months back but return Sydney to New York was $1131, taxes included. It sucks that prices spike up so much after December, right when I plan on going (if the visa happens when I'm thinking it will :) ) It looks like I might end up staying in Aus for my 21st in February after all.

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

......well it's officially adrenalin time! Kids and I had the medical a couple days ago and we fly out this Saturday to spend a couple days in Sydney prior to the interview on Tuesday 25th August. As I mentioned before, I had a dui from 1992 and in 2005 (borderline reading). The Panel Physician basically assessed urine for every type of illicit drug and gave me a BAL breath test. Naturally I was 0.00. (Who would be stupid enough to turn up to the medical half shot...lol). After some discussion, he seemed happy that I don't have an alcohol problem and proceeded to write up a letter stating that he didn't think I fit the criteria for being ineligible based on Mental Disorder related to alcohol abuse. I am therefore hoping that based on this report, I won't have any problems at the Consulate. From reading the literature, my understanding is that if you have had 2 or more dui offences than its the Panel Physician who needs to assess whether you pose a future threat. Do you think this means I'm good to go???

Other than that, my son had the chicken pox at a young age and luckily didn't need the Varicella. Also, I had no proof of my childhood Polio immunisations but he ticked - not age appropriate. Does this seem right?

Your thoughts would be appreciated for the nervous Northerner.....

Cheers

CR-1/IR-1 Journey for Self

12th April 08 - Married in Australia

21st April 08 - Mailed off I-130 but with incorrect title on cheques

30th April 08 - USCIS returned petitions requesting correct title on cheques

2nd May 08 - Mailed out I-130s again! Finally on our way!!!

9th May 08 - NOA-1

7th Nov 08 - Tranferred to CSC

4th Dec 08 - Approved!!!

22nd Dec 08 - NVC # assigned

23rd June 09 - Case Complete at NVC (We slowed down the process on purpose to time interview accordingly)

18th August 09 - Medical

25th August 09 - Interview Date - Approved!!!

19th February 10 - POE L.A (No dramas, just SLOW)

2nd March 10 - Welcome to America Letter

......well it's officially adrenalin time! Kids and I had the medical a couple days ago and we fly out this Saturday to spend a couple days in Sydney prior to the interview on Tuesday 25th August. As I mentioned before, I had a dui from 1992 and in 2005 (borderline reading). The Panel Physician basically assessed urine for every type of illicit drug and gave me a BAL breath test. Naturally I was 0.00. (Who would be stupid enough to turn up to the medical half shot...lol). After some discussion, he seemed happy that I don't have an alcohol problem and proceeded to write up a letter stating that he didn't think I fit the criteria for being ineligible based on Mental Disorder related to alcohol abuse. I am therefore hoping that based on this report, I won't have any problems at the Consulate. From reading the literature, my understanding is that if you have had 2 or more dui offences than its the Panel Physician who needs to assess whether you pose a future threat. Do you think this means I'm good to go???

Other than that, my son had the chicken pox at a young age and luckily didn't need the Varicella. Also, I had no proof of my childhood Polio immunisations but he ticked - not age appropriate. Does this seem right?

Cheers

Well I guess I'm alone on this one...... Good Luck to me!

CR-1/IR-1 Journey for Self

12th April 08 - Married in Australia

21st April 08 - Mailed off I-130 but with incorrect title on cheques

30th April 08 - USCIS returned petitions requesting correct title on cheques

2nd May 08 - Mailed out I-130s again! Finally on our way!!!

9th May 08 - NOA-1

7th Nov 08 - Tranferred to CSC

4th Dec 08 - Approved!!!

22nd Dec 08 - NVC # assigned

23rd June 09 - Case Complete at NVC (We slowed down the process on purpose to time interview accordingly)

18th August 09 - Medical

25th August 09 - Interview Date - Approved!!!

19th February 10 - POE L.A (No dramas, just SLOW)

2nd March 10 - Welcome to America Letter

Timeline

Cheers

Well I guess I'm alone on this one...... Good Luck to me!

I think it'll be fine. You were approved despite a DUI and were all clear with the medical so I'd be very very confident you won't have a problem. Good luck. :thumbs:

TIMELINE:

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Mind if I crash? I just want you all to know that Australia means the world to me! It's where I met my Finnish husband back in 1988. We reconnected last year after 21 years of not seeing each other. We're going to your wonderful country on our honeymoon when he gets approved to come to the US! We're going to hopefully visit the youth hostel in Sydney where we first met, if it still exists!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.