Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi all!

I got my interview date! :) July 7th @ 11am!

Can't believe how fast they processed it! I sent Packet 3 via Express Post on Friday and by 3pm today (Monday) I had my interview email!

Any other peeps booked in for the 7th??

I know! Gotta love it! Mine was the same, only 1 day to get interview date.

Thanks snoopy and kaffy for your suggestions!

K1 Visa

01/22/09 - NOA 1

05/14/09 - NOA 2

06/30/09 - Interview

09/13/09 - US Entry

AOS

09/22/09 - Married

10/09/09 - Filled for AOS

25/01/10 - Green Card Approved!!!

Timeline

Jesse and I might have found a co-sponsor... woohoo! We were hoping we could scrape by without one but if this works out, it will be so much less to stress about :D

How's everyone doing? A couple of people aren't too far away from interviews now... good luck!

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

Jesse and I might have found a co-sponsor... woohoo! We were hoping we could scrape by without one but if this works out, it will be so much less to stress about :D

How's everyone doing? A couple of people aren't too far away from interviews now... good luck!

Congrats SCF!! It sure was a load off our minds when we had the same :)

We are doing horrible, lol!! Ben's stuck in Oz until July 19th--he promised his boss he would stay for an extra month to retrain someone to take over his position. While I commend him for being a loyal employee and all--FFS, I just want my man home with me!! :P

Wedding is set for August 3rd, not much time to finish making my dress! Not much time left for most of this stuff, but I'm sure we'll manage and all of this will have been worth every minute!!

Hope everyone else is doing well too! :thumbs:

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

hello everyone, i am new to the boards and i am in melbourne.

my hubby is from kentucky and we are doing the CR-1 process. i just sent the i-130 on monday to chicago.. well his parents did from his house in kentucky.

anyway i wanted to see if anyone is still currently doing the CR-1 process and will be filing, or have already filed recently and are awaiting the NOA1 or NOA2.

how is the sydney consulate to deal with when you have your interviews (for those who have completed the process) and anyone with good stories of hope for me!!?

take care everyone.. donna x

Welcome to the forum!

We filed for a CR1 visa but did it via the DCF route since my husband (USC) was living with me in Australia at the time. We were very lucky that our process was really quick - roughly 7 weeks from submitting the I-130 to visa in hand. I know the traditional USCIS/NVC route is different but I hope it goes smoothly & quickly for you

The Sydney consulate is great.. It's up in the MLC building with a lovely view of the harbor. The consular officers are very friendly and there's absolutely nothing to be stressed or worried about. If you click on the 'My Timeline' link below my username that should take me to my review on the consulate

hope this helps

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well! Annie how did the interview go? Im starting to get nervous, i have my interview on tuesday! Cant wait to get it over and done with and get on the plane to LA.

Enjoy your weekend!

K1 Visa

01/22/09 - NOA 1

05/14/09 - NOA 2

06/30/09 - Interview

09/13/09 - US Entry

AOS

09/22/09 - Married

Welcome to the forum!

We filed for a CR1 visa but did it via the DCF route since my husband (USC) was living with me in Australia at the time. We were very lucky that our process was really quick - roughly 7 weeks from submitting the I-130 to visa in hand. I know the traditional USCIS/NVC route is different but I hope it goes smoothly & quickly for you

The Sydney consulate is great.. It's up in the MLC building with a lovely view of the harbor. The consular officers are very friendly and there's absolutely nothing to be stressed or worried about. If you click on the 'My Timeline' link below my username that should take me to my review on the consulate

hope this helps

wow that is super quick... good on you!

i wish we could do DCF but alas we cannot so i will hope and pray we get a swift response :)

i used to work in sydney so at least i know where the building is hehe. im in melbourne now...

ill look at your timeline. good luck everyone!

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Quick question, im getting ready for my interview in sydney on tuesday. My check list says i require my passport, receipt for my aust post visa payment, and a 3kg express envelope.

Should i also bring proof of relationship etc? Or is this all that is required? What did everyone else do?

Thanks!

K1 Visa

01/22/09 - NOA 1

05/14/09 - NOA 2

06/30/09 - Interview

09/13/09 - US Entry

AOS

09/22/09 - Married

Timeline

I'm nowhere near my interview yet, sadly, so someone who has been already can correct me on this... jldut, I'm most likely just bringing the stuff on this list from the guide, as well as whatever they ask me to, probably except for the I-129F packet (I'll just bring my copies of NOA1/2):

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is signed, with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.

6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail.

7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

Examples: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

From what I've been hearing/reading, and based on the interview I had for my J-1, I don't think they really ask for much evidence. When I got my J-1 they didn't ask for evidence of the program I was with, they just asked how many kids I'd be looking after and which state I'd be in then said, "have a nice time!". I was only up there for maybe an hour and a half, which is not bad.

Best of luck, I'm sure you won't need it but there it is!!

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

Timeline

Thanks Snoopy! I think ive got everything, fingers crossed!

K1 Visa

01/22/09 - NOA 1

05/14/09 - NOA 2

06/30/09 - Interview

09/13/09 - US Entry

AOS

09/22/09 - Married

Timeline
i'm bringing a bunch of evidence to my interview, better to be safe than sorry

We have the same interview date! I didnt even realise. Good luck! Maybe ill see you tomorrow :) My interview is at 11am.

Edited by jldut80

K1 Visa

01/22/09 - NOA 1

05/14/09 - NOA 2

06/30/09 - Interview

09/13/09 - US Entry

AOS

09/22/09 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.