Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
For those of you who have already had your final interview, what did you bring with you? I've got a copy of the first packet plus the three things I was asked to bring in packet 4 (express post bag, passport, receipt of visa fee) plus some further "proof of relationship" such as emails, photos and a copy of my engagement ring receipt.

Is there anything else I need? Oh, and how early do I need to be at the consulate before my interview time? Thanks. :)

Hi Girls!

Thats all you need, you both will do great! As long as you take what they asked of you in packet 4, and more snippets like evidence (just in case because they barely ask for it!) be there at least 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment interview!

I miss Anne!!! anyone heard of her? I know she is already in the states, she said she was going to get here April 14! hope she reports soon!

How are you doing!

K-1 VISA Timeline

I-129F Sent :2008-10-16

I-129F NOA2 :2009-02-22

Interview Date : 2009-03-31

VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 2009-04-05

US Entry : 2009-04-26 tickets bought!

Wedding date: May 31, 2009

Praise HaShem! This has been such a blessing all thanks to him and his glorious hand!

AOS Timeline:

I-495 Sent: 2009-06-30

I-495 Received: 2009-07-01 (Fedex Overnight)

I-495 Biometrics: 2009-08-11

INTERVIEW DATE RECEIVED:: 2009-08-28

1-495 INTERVIEW DATE: 2009-09-29

Timeline
For those of you who have already had your final interview, what did you bring with you? I've got a copy of the first packet plus the three things I was asked to bring in packet 4 (express post bag, passport, receipt of visa fee) plus some further "proof of relationship" such as emails, photos and a copy of my engagement ring receipt.

Is there anything else I need? Oh, and how early do I need to be at the consulate before my interview time? Thanks. :)

Hi Girls!

Thats all you need, you both will do great! As long as you take what they asked of you in packet 4, and more snippets like evidence (just in case because they barely ask for it!) be there at least 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment interview!

I miss Anne!!! anyone heard of her? I know she is already in the states, she said she was going to get here April 14! hope she reports soon!

How are you doing!

WOOT i see you got tickets!!! AWESOME! I bet you are so excited to lol

Kai will be here in 4 days now woooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooo

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Hi Girls!

Thanks so much. :thumbs:

Now all I have to do is pack my carry on and I'm all set.

I'm sure you'll all hear the "yays" from Sydney when the visa is issued! ;)

Edited by kat loves matt

Our Timeline

December 31st, 2007: Engaged!

November 4th, 2008: Received official confirmation that first K1 packet has been received by USCIS.

January 20th, 2009: Received NOA2, confirming that the K1 petition has been approved.

February 10th, 2009: Kat receives Packet 3 from Sydney consulate.

February 18th, 2009: Medical Exam.

March 4th, 2009: Medical exam results received.

March 30th, 2009: Kat mails out Packet 3 to consulate (11:45pm!)

April 7th, 2009: Received Packet 4. Interview scheduled for April 21st at 9am.

April 21st, 2009: Visa Interview @ Sydney Consulate. PASSED!!! :)

May 21st, 2009: POE @ SFO.

July 11th, 2009: Married.

August 13th, 2009: Filed for AOS.

August 20th, 2009: Received NOAs for I-485 & I-765

September 19, 2009: Biometrics Interview

October 3rd, 2009: Received EAD card in mail.

November 24th, 2009: Received Welcome Notice & 2yr PRC!!

September 21st, 2011: Filed I-751 for 10 year PRC

July 3rd, 2012: Received 10 year PRC in mail.

August 27th, 2012: Filed N-400.

August 29th, 2012: N-400 Application received by Arizona service center.

September 4th, 2012: Electronic notice received confirming receipt of application.

October 24th, 2012: Biometrics appointment

December 19th, 2012: Interview letter received. Interview set for January 23rd, 2013.

Timeline

Good luck on your interview Kat!!!!!

As for me here, Rich sent off the affidavid of support and the rest of the documents today via express int'l...so as soon as I get - hopefully next week, fingers crossed...then I can send the packet 3 off and request for an interview date..

Just wondering...once you send off the packet 3....how long does it take for them to respond to let you know that theyve received it..I'll be sending it off by express mail (next day delivery) ..also, how long does it take for them to issue you with an interview date after them receiving it? Im just trying to timeline this all ....My K1 approval expires in June and i want to get it done sooner rather than later just in case i get a slip requesting further evidence (ie, financial support, etc)...

I am also wondering how Anne is doing in the states!! I cant wait to hear from her and since she's never been to the states, I wonder how she is adjusting...

ROC Journey:-

05.11.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.14.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

xx.xx.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.15.2012

05.31.2012 -- Biometric notice date

06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken

01.23.2013 -- Card Production Ordered.

01.28.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Timeline

As for me here, Rich sent off the affidavid of support and the rest of the documents today via express int'l...so as soon as I get - hopefully next week, fingers crossed...then I can send the packet 3 off and request for an interview date..

Just wondering...once you send off the packet 3....how long does it take for them to respond to let you know that theyve received it..I'll be sending it off by express mail (next day delivery) ..also, how long does it take for them to issue you with an interview date after them receiving it? Im just trying to timeline this all ....My K1 approval expires in June and i want to get it done sooner rather than later just in case i get a slip requesting further evidence (ie, financial support, etc)...

I am also wondering how Anne is doing in the states!! I cant wait to hear from her and since she's never been to the states, I wonder how she is adjusting...

Ours took about 1 1/2 weeks I wrote Sydney embassy an email and asked if it was received yet. They were fantastic folks and never got tired of my hounding questions! LOL

You will more then likely receive your final packet via email with your interview time and this can take up to a month SO be ready...IF you have everything in order you should be fine!

YES ANNE how goes mate?????

Kai will be here in 3 days I am soooooooo EXCITED!

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Timeline

Ours took about 1 1/2 weeks I wrote Sydney embassy an email and asked if it was received yet. They were fantastic folks and never got tired of my hounding questions! LOL

You will more then likely receive your final packet via email with your interview time and this can take up to a month SO be ready...IF you have everything in order you should be fine!

Up to a month? :blink: wow I hope I get all the documents early next week if thats the case! Thanks for your response. Yeah, I've contacted the Consulate via email a couple of times and they've always been very prompt. Im really looking forward to the interview to just get everything out of the way already and just relax and enjoy the rest of my time here in Sydney. I still have a fair way to go as I leave Oct 31 but eager to get this whole interview/visa thing done with!

How exciting is it for you to have Kair there in 3 days!!!! woohoooo....

Timeline

Up to a month? :blink: wow I hope I get all the documents early next week if thats the case! Thanks for your response. Yeah, I've contacted the Consulate via email a couple of times and they've always been very prompt. Im really looking forward to the interview to just get everything out of the way already and just relax and enjoy the rest of my time here in Sydney. I still have a fair way to go as I leave Oct 31 but eager to get this whole interview/visa thing done with!

Are you talking about when you send all the doco's to the embassy? If you are I think it depends, because we sent the documents in and then about a week later (Look at my timeline) we had an interview date... now from the time the packet was actually received by the consulate and our interview date it only took four days!

so it depends really!

Hope it works out for you!!

Edited by Matt-and-Annie

K-1 VISA Timeline

I-129F Sent :2008-10-16

I-129F NOA2 :2009-02-22

Interview Date : 2009-03-31

VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 2009-04-05

US Entry : 2009-04-26 tickets bought!

Wedding date: May 31, 2009

Praise HaShem! This has been such a blessing all thanks to him and his glorious hand!

AOS Timeline:

I-495 Sent: 2009-06-30

I-495 Received: 2009-07-01 (Fedex Overnight)

I-495 Biometrics: 2009-08-11

INTERVIEW DATE RECEIVED:: 2009-08-28

1-495 INTERVIEW DATE: 2009-09-29

Timeline

Are you talking about when you send all the doco's to the embassy? If you are I think it depends, because we sent the documents in and then about a week later (Look at my timeline) we had an interview date... now from the time the packet was actually received by the consulate and our interview date it only took four days!

so it depends really!

It really does depend someone from aussie who is on another site did not get theirs for 3 weeks , BUT most cases it is up to 10 days. If you have everything in order; like I said it wont be more then 10 days:):)

BREATHE...justttttttt breathe :lol:;):P

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Timeline

so it depends really!

It really does depend someone from aussie who is on another site did not get theirs for 3 weeks , BUT most cases it is up to 10 days. If you have everything in order; like I said it wont be more then 10 days:):)

Ok thanks guys!! I just hope I get these documents from Rich sooner than later so I can send everything off already...

Timeline

so it depends really!

Ok thanks guys!! I just hope I get these documents from Rich sooner than later so I can send everything off already...

your welcome! Rooting for you in this corner of the world!! * CHEERS YOU ON*

hugs

meri

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello all, I'm just wondering which forms I'll need being an Aussie trying to get to NY. If anyone could list all the specific forms I'll need for the K-1 Visa and possibly let me know of which ones I'll just be able to fill out online then I'd be very grateful! It'd save a lot of time if I could fill them out online for my girl and I and just have her sign hers when she gets them.

Also, how important is it that the pictures are the exact size? Does it have to be right down the exact measurement?

Thank you, please reply asap!!!

Petition sent: 12/10/2010

Arrived at service center: 12/14/2010

First NOA: 12/16/2010

Touched: 12/31/2010

Second NOA: 05/24/2011

Welcome to the forum!

Start by having a read through the guide here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline
Hello all, I'm just wondering which forms I'll need being an Aussie trying to get to NY. If anyone could list all the specific forms I'll need for the K-1 Visa and possibly let me know of which ones I'll just be able to fill out online then I'd be very grateful! It'd save a lot of time if I could fill them out online for my girl and I and just have her sign hers when she gets them.

Also, how important is it that the pictures are the exact size? Does it have to be right down the exact measurement?

Thank you, please reply asap!!!

Oh cool - another aussie going to NY :dance:

Well as Kaffy mentioned, read the K1 guides. Its the best way to go about it and basically is a checklist of what you need to do/fill out.

Are you talking about the passport pictures? If so, I would have your foreign fiancee request to get a 'Visa Passport pic' for the USA because aussie passport pics are smaller than those of the US. The photo places know what theyre doing anyway so it wouldnt hurt to ask - if anything it would save time in case you are requested to have them retaken (hardly the case, but better to be on the safe side).

Timeline

Just got home from my visa interview in Sydney.

I was approved! YAY! :dance::thumbs::dance:

Entirely too tired to write all the details out now, but will do tomorrow once I get a shower, some clean clothes and some decent sleep! Have been awake since 3:30am this morning, LOL.

Thanks to everyone for all their help during this process and all your well wishes. :)

Fingers crossed for those of you who have your interviews soon. I know its almost impossible, but try not to worry too much! I got through it and so will you! :star:

Our Timeline

December 31st, 2007: Engaged!

November 4th, 2008: Received official confirmation that first K1 packet has been received by USCIS.

January 20th, 2009: Received NOA2, confirming that the K1 petition has been approved.

February 10th, 2009: Kat receives Packet 3 from Sydney consulate.

February 18th, 2009: Medical Exam.

March 4th, 2009: Medical exam results received.

March 30th, 2009: Kat mails out Packet 3 to consulate (11:45pm!)

April 7th, 2009: Received Packet 4. Interview scheduled for April 21st at 9am.

April 21st, 2009: Visa Interview @ Sydney Consulate. PASSED!!! :)

May 21st, 2009: POE @ SFO.

July 11th, 2009: Married.

August 13th, 2009: Filed for AOS.

August 20th, 2009: Received NOAs for I-485 & I-765

September 19, 2009: Biometrics Interview

October 3rd, 2009: Received EAD card in mail.

November 24th, 2009: Received Welcome Notice & 2yr PRC!!

September 21st, 2011: Filed I-751 for 10 year PRC

July 3rd, 2012: Received 10 year PRC in mail.

August 27th, 2012: Filed N-400.

August 29th, 2012: N-400 Application received by Arizona service center.

September 4th, 2012: Electronic notice received confirming receipt of application.

October 24th, 2012: Biometrics appointment

December 19th, 2012: Interview letter received. Interview set for January 23rd, 2013.

Timeline

Grats Kat :) So when are the planes to fly????

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.