Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

No re-marrying in Australia. There's a name change thread in my signature (should be) that I wrote about the process. Long story short you have to get a name change in Australia. You have 12 months from marrying to get the gratis passport so we'll worry about the passport stuff later.

Re the infopass, now that you're in the system you should be okay to book the infopass now. I certainly would try. Here's the site: https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php I would click the top option "service on a case", then "case processing". As for your receipt numbers I would put either the AOS one or the AP one. Probably AP one to be honest.

Here are some threads about it:

- http://www.visajourn...ss-appointment/

- http://www.visajourn...thru-the-phone/ (this one shows you how to do it over the phone.. but it's a year old so I hope it still works)

- http://www.visajourn...arole-question/

Good luck. I hope you get there in time. Please keep us updated.

Thanks Vanessa you should apply for a job at USCIS as a "SPECIAL ENVOY" to help us Aussies, your help and links and threads have been a "God Send" to me and i cant thank you enough, things are stressfull enough with just moving countries, getting married and settling into life here without all the Immigration ####### on top of it, i appreciate so much your responses and thoughtfulness, when i know you are going through a stressful time yourself taking care of your Dad and helping your Mother.. I hope he is doing much better now and so thankful you could get him into 24/7 care facility as i know in some towns that can be a major pain and the waiting times are outrageous, i know you must be missing Tony and Tilly like crazy so here's a big hug just for your {{{{{{{{{{{{{ Vanessa }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}},

I know many will echo my thanks for all the help you have given so many of us here at VJ Aussie Oi Oi Oie

As i said in another post, received 9 text messages, and 9 emails from USCIS at approx 4:56pm - three copies of everything i guess - they mention 3 different MSC Receipt Numbers but not what application applies to any Receipt Numbers which do not run in order except for the last two, i can only hazard a guess that they were issued in order of how i sorted the Docs in my package, ie A.P. on top, then AOS and Then EAD. Also with the comment not to even try and check my case status online until i receive the Official Receipt Notices in the post within 7 to 10 days.

I tried to go into USCIS to check my case status yesterday after getting the e-mails and got the pop up to say my MSC numbers were not recognized, however i went in just before posting this and can now put in the MSC numbers in my Case Update Status account and it has told me which file numbers relate to which applications thankfully,

[ by the way i was totally off the receipt numbers are AOS, EAD AND AP - totally the reverse to how i filed them ] my current status says "Under Review" so at least we are past the Acceptance Stage and will call first thing Monday morning to set up an INFOPASS Interview..

How does this work when you have no USCIS office close to you, the only USCIS Office in Tenn is way down in Memphis some 12-13 hours away, the closest one i can find is in Charlotte, North Carolina about a 2 1/4 hour drive east of us.. or can they do what i need totally over the phone? I am part way through reading the links you quoted Vanessa that first one sounds like a right pain in the bum!

Anyway off to read more of the links you posted, again so many thanks for your help your a DOLL!!

Much Love, Prayers and Hugs Kaye xoxoxo

Edited by Breezie54

Our Timeline

I-751 Removal of Conditions

Date Filed : 2013-01-08

NOA Date : 2013-01-14

RFE(s) : NA

Bio. Appt. : 2013-02-06

Interview Date : NA

Approval / Denial Date : 2013-06-27

Approved : Yes

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Vanessa's threads rock - one of my jobs at work this week is to print out all the paperwork for AOS and a few tidbits from her guide so I can fill in the papers ready for filing straight after the wedding.

Hey Nick I'm off to visit our mate the freight fowarder this morning - my final road trip to Brisbane until I go to the airport :) Woot very exciting!!

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Vanessa's threads rock - one of my jobs at work this week is to print out all the paperwork for AOS and a few tidbits from her guide so I can fill in the papers ready for filing straight after the wedding.

Hey Nick I'm off to visit our mate the freight fowarder this morning - my final road trip to Brisbane until I go to the airport :) Woot very exciting!!

Waaaahoooo! I was wondering how much longer you had to go... isn't the flight like October 27 or something?

I went for a drive up into the Rockies yesterday... all the way out to Vail and back... it was awesome... and then today, they're getting snow... I really need to get into line and workout how to scheme my way into a house up in the mountains... it's such a beautiful (albeit retardedly far away) place... hahaha

The Long Wait...

Unmarried Son of US Citizen OVER 21

[dd/mm/yy]

USCIS

xx/03/05 - I130 Sent

24/03/05 - NOA1 Received

[many moons later]

12/03/09 - NOA2 Received

Your I-130 was approved in 1448 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

05/04/10 - Received I-864 Bill

23/04/10 - IV Fee Bill Received

18/05/10 - DS230 Sent

11/06/10 - July 2010 Bulletin shows PD Current - WOOT!

14/06/10 - Operator and AVR Update to say CASE COMPLETE 10/6/10

16/06/10 - SIF

CONSULATE

29/06/10 - P4

07/07/10 @ 11:00am - Medical - COMPLETE

03/08/10 @ 9:00am 11:00am - Interview!(SYD) - APPROVED!

USA

13/09/2010 - POE @ LAX

24/09/2010 - Welcome Letter from USCIS!

25/09/2010 - Green Card Arrived

07/10/2010 - SSN!

Timeline

Ohhh that sounds stunning - scheme away boy!!! October 29 is flyday so 6 sleeps to go. On the final countdown now and starting to get very excited - if for nothing else than the fact I only have 2 more days at work - then 2 days off to finish things up then I'm outta here boys and girls :thumbs:

AOS from K1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

Naturalization

Timeline

Ohhh that sounds stunning - scheme away boy!!! October 29 is flyday so 6 sleeps to go. On the final countdown now and starting to get very excited - if for nothing else than the fact I only have 2 more days at work - then 2 days off to finish things up then I'm outta here boys and girls :thumbs:

Way to go Carey, i know what you mean about the final count down, sounds like you are totally organized, am so happy for you, Wish you a safe journey into the arms of your loved one, i know i was so excited and so exhausted by the time we finally boarded the plane { i was so lucky to have Leo with me in Aussie for the final six months} that i slept like a baby on the plane, which is totally out of character for me, as i rarely sleep on planes..

Just some info for you, I went down to Social Security on Friday with my marriage certificate and passport and copies of my receipts for AOS, EAD AND AP to get my SS changed into my married name, they advised me that they cannot change it until my AOS and EAD are approved, so just a lil heads up for you, however when i opened my bank account it was mandatory that you have a SSN so they filled out the form for me and took it into SS prior to our wedding, and the card issued within 5 working days along with the comment on it that i was unable to work until approved by Homeland Security, but at least i had one.. The Gal at the local SS Office here is very helpful not sure if that's just a Southern Thing or not, but she advised me it was no issue to hold it in your maiden name until AOS and EAD was approved.

I spent 2 hours [ 45 minutes on hold ] on the phone yesterday calling USCIS again about my AP, the first time i called they said i had to wait to receive my Offical Receipts (even though i had all the MSC Numbers for my AOS, EAD AND AP) spoke to a lovely gal called Hannah and she approved the expedition of my AP, said instructions for my Biometrics and whatever else they want me to do will issue within 5 working days, She said this MUST BE DONE prior to me leaving the country, I said the Consulate in Sydney took my fingerprints, photograph and i signed forms for signature, she said Biometrics [fingerprints, photograph, signature] had to be done with every application lodged, i told her only USCIS office in Tennessee was 7 1/2 hour drive away in Memphis, closest was in Charlotte, NC she said they would advise me in letter to come where i had to go , also advised if i wanted to send a letter to Chicago requesting my AP Approval be sent to the US Embassy in Country of Origin that i could leave the country, but that i must visit the Embassy in my Country of Origin and advise contact details in Australia, i told her we didn't have an Embassy in Brisbane, that it was in Sydney 13 hours away, she said well you would need to contact them well you just cannot call the Sydney Consulate, believe me i tried over the past two years, so that would mean going in person, which would mean flying into Sydney, staying in a hotel for a couple of days until i could get into the Consulate, advising my aussie contact details then flying back up to Gold Coast then i would have to stay in Australia until it was approved before flying back home to USA after my Dad passes.. It was all just too much, so after discussing it with Leonard, we both agreed we would prefer to have it in place prior to us flying out, besides he still hasn't gotten his FBI background check back yet for his Aussie Visa so he cant fly down yet either.. We lodged the dam request with FBI back in August, he emailed the Aussie Visa Immigration office in Hobart requesting they grant him a Tempy Visa pending receipt of FBI report, we had to wait 3 1/2 weeks for them to respond, only for them to say NO, you must send Original Backgbround Check report from FBI down to Hobart (he has had to do this every time he has applied for a Visa, then Fedex original report to Hobart as they wont accept faxed copy for petes sake) Leonard's current 12 month Aussie Visitor Visa expires November 16th, but they insist they need a new background check as they are only good for 12 months, nothing has changed since he did the first one back in 2007, hell nothing has changed in over 25 years on the report but they keep insisting they have to have it its a nightmare of beaurocratic red tape and money raising by both countries.

I have come to accept that i may not make it back to Australia in time to see my Dad before he passes, as he is now in Palliative Care ward of local private hospital as his legs are swollen and leaking protein serum, but i call 2-3 times a week and speak to him and my mum they both wish i was there, but totally understand my position and don't want me to jeopardize my status here, but hopefully after speaking to USCIS yesterday and letting them know just how serious Dad's condition is right now [she put everything in the computer that i told her] they may hurry my biometrics and i may be able to fly home within a couple of weeks..

Anyway have waffled on long enough and FB calls take it easy and safe travels, and keep in touch.. Hugss kaye xoxo

Our Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

So Ham's finally gotten his interview appointment. It's set for November 30th. So I'm guessing around December then he'll be able to start looking for a job.

~~~~~Ham + Bacon~~~~~

09-10-03 - Met online

10-31-03 - Started dating

09-30-06 - Broke things off Ham wasn't ready for immigration (stayed friends)

12-03-08 - Began dating again...after a certain someone finally realized I was right in what I had been telling him for 2 years. (Had to add that :P )

12-03-08 - Unofficially engaged :)

K1 Visa

10-19-2009 - Sent I-129F to VCS

10-21-2009 - Check cashed

10-22-2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy

10-23-2009 - Touched

01-22-2010 - NOA2

02-04-2010 - Received Package 3

02-22-2010 - Ham finally went to get his medical done

02-24-2010 - Received the all clear on the medical

03-13-2010 - Submitted paperwork for police check

03-25-2010 - Received the Police Check

04-06-2010 - Submitting the P3 to Consulate

04-11-2010 - Received P4

05-04-2010 - Interview! - Needed more evidence of relationship. :( Emailed pics and email convos one hour later.

05-05-2010 - Approved!!!!!!

05-06-2010 - VISA IN HAND!!!!!!

06-09-2010 - POE - LAX (Official Proposal!!!)

07-10-2010 - Wedding :D

AOS

08-31-2010 - Mailed off AOS

09-02-2010 - Packet Received

09-09-2010 - NOA1 Emails - AOS, EAD, AP

09-14-2010 - NOA1 Hard Copies - AOS, EAD, AP

10-04-2010 - Biometrics (AOS and EAD)

11-03-2010 - Email and Text that EAD and AP were approved

11-05-2010 - Email and Text that EAD was sent on for production of card.

11-09-2010 - Email and Text that notice regarding EAD was sent (EAD card, hopefully?)

11-30-2010 - AOS Interview Date

Timeline

OMG Kaye it just sounds like a right nighmare - red tape at its finest isnt it!!! I've printed out all the stuff regarding SS numbers from VJ. Am going to give it 2 weeks from arrival and then head into the office armed with the paper proof reasons as to why I am allowed one - fingers crossed that it will be smooth sailing.

2 sleeps to go now - a final chore list to deal with. My dog leaves tomorrow morning so this is my last day with him. I finished up work last night. I cannot believe that after 4 1/2 years with the guy I didnt even get a farewell card - just a handshake and a muttered thanks - I was quite upset last night that the amount of effort I'd put in over the years amounted to so little in his eyes. I'm mentally and physically exhausted and am also looking forward to getting on that plane and just switching off for a little while!!!

Keep us posted on how the AP goes. Am thinking of you every day and crossing everything I have that you'll be able to get home in time.

Massive hugs

Carey

AOS from K1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

Naturalization

Oh Kaye, what a sh1tfest... Hearing about your troubles makes me so sad and angry. I always assumed (wrongly, obviously) that the AP was a relatively easy process and designed for emergencies so would come into effect relatively quickly... I guess I was wrong. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Dad.

I went for a drive up into the Rockies yesterday... all the way out to Vail and back... it was awesome... and then today, they're getting snow... I really need to get into line and workout how to scheme my way into a house up in the mountains... it's such a beautiful (albeit retardedly far away) place... hahaha

Sounds gorgeous Bex - can't help but note how well you're settling in to the US, owing to your use of the word "retardedly"

You're almost home now Carey :) I'm so happy for you that the long wait is almost over honey xoxo

Edited by TJ2010

Timeline

Thanks Carey and TJ,

Had some light at the end of the tunnel they approved 'expedite' of my AP on Monday when i called, thats something, just watching the post now for instructions from USCIS on where to go to get my biometrics, seems like a bunch of doubling up to me, but oh well 'you gotta do, what you gotta do, got an e-mail from my Mum this morning she is trying to get Dad into Lady Small Nursing Home, which is just opposite the Hospital he is in now, its a lovely place and i know they will have great hospice care. Dad is hanging in there, sleeping most of the time as it doesn't take much to exhaust him these days [ he is nearly 86] i told him last time we spoke he wants to make 86 December 1st, we spoke about our 2 month trip around the USA back in the late fall of 1976, we circumnavigated the USA in a 32 foot motor home called of all things "Matilda" we laughed about the things we did ie Dad wrote his name in the snow when he went to pee lmao and how we washed in a Restroom at Yellowstone National Park where they had no hot water and here it was 32 degrees and we stripped off for a 'pommie wash' at the basins in the ladies room, so many great memories and we laughed and spoke for nearly 2 hours.

Leonard has said if we need to drive to Memphis [7 1/2 hours away ] to get my biometrics done then we will drive on down, can't believe they only have one USCIS Office in the state as we are in the north east of Tn and Memphis is way down the other end of the state in the south west.. Charlotte - North Carolina is close to 2 3/4 hours away so hopefully we can go there, but we will do whatever needs to be done.

Want to wish you Bon Voyage Carey, i know its the 28th back in Aussie so only one more sleep, if your like me and don't usually sleep well on flights, here is a hint a 'hostie' gave me once, order a Bundy n Coke or your usual beverage [dinner cocktail as they call it here] when they bring the drinks tray around before dinner, make it a strong one, then have a bottle of wine with dinner.. This will make you sleepy, as one drink in the air is equal to two on the ground, just make that the only alcohol you have on the flight tho, and drink plenty of juice and water and try and eat all the meals they serve, this way you will usually get some good sleep and arrive fresh.. take toothbrush and paste, moisturizer and deodorant on the plane and a fresh top and a lil lippy and blush so that you can 'freshen up' before you land, that way when Bear see's you, he will have mouth gaping and want to ravish you on the spot hehehehe. Will be thinking of you girl and hoping you have smooth sailing and good tail winds to get you Stateside.

Anyway time to get some housework done and the rest of the washing folded up, a Woman's Work is never done is it?

Cheers All and Best of Luck with your journeys everyone :)

Our Timeline

Timeline

Received e-mail notification that my I-131 Application for Travel has been approved today at around 5.22pm then later while watching TV got a text message around 10pm that their had been Post Decision Activity on my Application, then got another email to say that they had 'mailed' NOA and am to follow any instructions on the notice, so looks like ill be going for my 'biometrics' next week hopefully then booking a flight and on my way back to Aussie..

Our Timeline

Timeline

Yay Kaye pleased to see the AP is processing really quickly (well quickly by USCIS standards lol)

My POE at LAX was a breeze - they took they envelope at the Immigration line window, stamped by passport, stapled in the I94 and off I went to pick up my bag and leave - quite painless and quick really :)

Have now been here about 2 days but went down hard with a cold and chest infection yesterday afternoon. Luckily it was after we had been out to the cargo building to pick up my dog. Holy cow I feel so ill its feral!!! So been in bed sleeping most of today - feel so sorry for Ted, he's trying to be loving and I'm awful when I'm sick lmao!!

Thanks for all the kind wishes and support before I headed stateside it was muchly appreciated :)

AOS from K1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

Naturalization

Timeline

WooHoo Carey,

glad you made it safely, but so sorry you are too ill to enjoy it, hope you get to feeling much better and soon.. am just waiting to get the offical NOA then will just take it a step at a time..

Happy Halloween Everyone

Our Timeline

Timeline

Yay Kaye pleased to see the AP is processing really quickly (well quickly by USCIS standards lol)

My POE at LAX was a breeze - they took they envelope at the Immigration line window, stamped by passport, stapled in the I94 and off I went to pick up my bag and leave - quite painless and quick really :)

Have now been here about 2 days but went down hard with a cold and chest infection yesterday afternoon. Luckily it was after we had been out to the cargo building to pick up my dog. Holy cow I feel so ill its feral!!! So been in bed sleeping most of today - feel so sorry for Ted, he's trying to be loving and I'm awful when I'm sick lmao!!

Thanks for all the kind wishes and support before I headed stateside it was muchly appreciated :)

Ham was the same when he first came over as well. Which is weird since he's hardly ever sick but the day after he got here he was just burning up so bad. I about lost it thinking I was going to have to rush him to the emergency room and have him hospitalized the day after we're finally together. :P

In the end, after a few days of being nasty sick he was a lot better. So hopefully yours goes away in a few days. :)

~~~~~Ham + Bacon~~~~~

09-10-03 - Met online

12-03-08 - Began dating again...after a certain someone finally realized I was right in what I had been telling him for 2 years. (Had to add that :P )

K1 Visa

10-23-2009 - Touched

01-22-2010 - NOA2

04-11-2010 - Received P4

05-04-2010 - Interview! - Needed more evidence of relationship. :( Emailed pics and email convos one hour later.

AOS

11-09-2010 - Email and Text that notice regarding EAD was sent (EAD card, hopefully?)

Timeline

It was all just too much, so after discussing it with Leonard, we both agreed we would prefer to have it in place prior to us flying out, besides he still hasn't gotten his FBI background check back yet for his Aussie Visa so he cant fly down yet either.. We lodged the dam request with FBI back in August, he emailed the Aussie Visa Immigration office in Hobart requesting they grant him a Tempy Visa pending receipt of FBI report, we had to wait 3 1/2 weeks for them to respond, only for them to say NO, you must send Original Backgbround Check report from FBI down to Hobart (he has had to do this every time he has applied for a Visa, then Fedex original report to Hobart as they wont accept faxed copy for petes sake) Leonard's current 12 month Aussie Visitor Visa expires November 16th, but they insist they need a new background check as they are only good for 12 months, nothing has changed since he did the first one back in 2007, hell nothing has changed in over 25 years on the report but they keep insisting they have to have it its a nightmare of beaurocratic red tape and money raising by both countries.

What type of Aussie Visa are you trying to get for your hubby? It sounds like it'd have to be a big one since a tourist visa you can usually just do online.

~~~~~Ham + Bacon~~~~~

09-10-03 - Met online

K1 Visa

10-23-2009 - Touched

01-22-2010 - NOA2

04-11-2010 - Received P4

AOS

Timeline

Thanks girls - I rarely get sick but man did I go down hard!!! Am finally on the mend I think and picked up my personal effects from the air cargo building today so tomorrow its time to unpack and get back into some sort of vague routine. Oh and we went and got the marriage licence today so 11 days til I'm a Mrs :)

Hey Kaye I forgot to say I had the absolute hysterical giggles right before I saw Ted at the terminal. So remember all your advice about looking ravishing, moisturised etc? Emm yes no - so 13 hour flight, no sleep. Get to LA and an hour before me next flight I spill half a cup of coffee down my white singlet and brown jacket. Makeup accidentally got packed - I swear to goodness I was a wild haired, coffee reeking, red eyed lunatic! And just before I walked out into the baggage hall where Ted was waiting I remembered your email and I was almost sick I was laughing so hard!

AOS from K1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.