Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Awww I get a special mention - pffft :rofl: Sounds like you're having a blast Nick - now get off your butt and got get a job :P

I'm having a panic attack today - I've decided its all too scary and I'm staying in Oz!!!!!!! Just havent told Ted yet :hehe:

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Bex, Thanks, that's really helpful... that sheet looks mighty familiar. I've misplaced all the old documents from the first time I went to the US. I know I've had all the injections necessary, I just need to know I have enough documentation to prove it. I think the blood test records I ordered cover everything... I think I got a Hep injection on the day of my first visa-doctor exam though, I hope they don't decide to poke me again. From your sheet it looks like the hep immunity is no longer relevant.

Hey ladies - Do they want us to have the Human papillomavirus injection? That's a new one since I immigrated the first time. At any rate, I've had it, so I should chase up the "proof".

Cheers,

Jess

Nopers to HPV. Used to be a requirement but not anymore.

Heres my DS-3025: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=10915804&l=30bdaba5a3&id=506085607 I have way more shots than Bex, and mine is ticked "incomplete" even though all my shots are up to date. The reason for that is unless every single shot is given, it's impossible to have that box ticked. The panel physician instructions clearly state that if any shots are marked "not age appropriate" or "insufficient time interval" etc then the "incomplete" box MUST be checked. Some people get lucky though and get a doc that doesn't know that :)

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My GP did a range of blood tests for me re childhood illness's as i had no proof from school what i had or had not been given, even did the hiv-aids test and printed out the test results so that i could take them to Brisbane and show the Panel Physician [ which he appreciated] but he did the required blood tests for my exam all over again anyway as it had to be under passport control, i was surprised when he didn't tick the NO HIV section but said its no longer a requirement, the only thing i had to have before i left was a flu shot, and as my medical was in March 2010 and the flu vaccine was not out then i had my local GP order me one and he gave it to me when the vaccines came in and stamped and signed and dated the copy of my vaccinations work sheet that my Panel Physician gave me after my medical.. i bought that with me to the States along with 3 copies of his medical report and sent that in with my AOS.. so keep a couple of copies for yourself as it will definately come in handy.

Our Timeline

I-751 Removal of Conditions

Date Filed : 2013-01-08

NOA Date : 2013-01-14

RFE(s) : NA

Bio. Appt. : 2013-02-06

Interview Date : NA

Approval / Denial Date : 2013-06-27

Approved : Yes

Thank you also Vanessa and Breezie. Your information is extremely helpful!

So, I got my KLM tags in the mail yesterday...The ones Bex posted about a while back. AND THEN I got a second set in the mail today YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS the only thing better than free stuff is inexplicable more free stuff. If only the visa process was this rewarding ;)

Still no word on our application. Don't want to think about it lest I turn into the Hulk and destroy all of Sydney. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Timeline

Thank you also Vanessa and Breezie. Your information is extremely helpful!

So, I got my KLM tags in the mail yesterday...The ones Bex posted about a while back. AND THEN I got a second set in the mail today YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS the only thing better than free stuff is inexplicable more free stuff. If only the visa process was this rewarding ;)

Still no word on our application. Don't want to think about it lest I turn into the Hulk and destroy all of Sydney. :devil: :devil: :devil:

lol. I completely forgot about mine!! Ha! can't wait to receive them :P Thanks for the reminder :D

I tried to make two but you're only allowed it once (per computer I think). I was gunna do one of my little cutie second: 46241_10150252866665608_506085607_14342756_6800468_n.jpg

Awwww too cute! What is your little cuties name? :) I only asked for one set of tags, but I guess they sent me 2 in error? WIN

VISA NEWS!

Today I finally received an email to let me know that my DS-3032 has been accepted. Now, they would have received my hard copy version in the last couple of days so it might be a response to that. However, the email they sent me was a direct reply to the followup second attempt email I sent them... no idea which version they accepted, but I'll take it.

As for my name change, they responded to that also and this is what they had to say:

The NVC is unable to change an applicant's name without a copy of the

applicant's valid passport containing the applicant's current name. If

you wish the name to be changed, please submit a copy of the

biographical page of the applicant's passport to the address below.

Well, my passport is in my maiden name so I guess I'm going with that all the way. le sigh.

So, because of that I'm kind of worried since my police certificate is in my married name, but they clearly state that you should give them all names used so I gave them my maiden name and my married name to do the background check on. I'm thinking of attaching a short notice to my PCC to say "they checked both names" so I don't get a RFE cos it has my married name on it. That would be just the worst.

Lingche shortcuts tells me not to pay IV bill until I receive the invoice via email, so I guess I'll sit tight and wait for that email. If it doesn't come beforehand, I guess I'll call em open of business on Friday morning (their time, not ours).

Timeline
Awwww too cute! What is your little cuties name? :) I only asked for one set of tags, but I guess they sent me 2 in error? WIN

VISA NEWS!

Today I finally received an email to let me know that my DS-3032 has been accepted. Now, they would have received my hard copy version in the last couple of days so it might be a response to that. However, the email they sent me was a direct reply to the followup second attempt email I sent them... no idea which version they accepted, but I'll take it.

As for my name change, they responded to that also and this is what they had to say:

The NVC is unable to change an applicant's name without a copy of the

applicant's valid passport containing the applicant's current name. If

you wish the name to be changed, please submit a copy of the

biographical page of the applicant's passport to the address below.

Well, my passport is in my maiden name so I guess I'm going with that all the way. le sigh.

So, because of that I'm kind of worried since my police certificate is in my married name, but they clearly state that you should give them all names used so I gave them my maiden name and my married name to do the background check on. I'm thinking of attaching a short notice to my PCC to say "they checked both names" so I don't get a RFE cos it has my married name on it. That would be just the worst.

Lingche shortcuts tells me not to pay IV bill until I receive the invoice via email, so I guess I'll sit tight and wait for that email. If it doesn't come beforehand, I guess I'll call em open of business on Friday morning (their time, not ours).

Her name is... Matilda :P As in, waltzing :P but we call her Tilly. She's adorable :)

As for your visa/name change/passport... it only takes 10 days to change your passport (quicker if you pay the expedite fee). Is there a reason why you're not just changing the name on your passport?

You can start the process and if it's taking too long you can pick it up at the passport place, or pay for the expedite.

I've just changed my passport and it went pretty quickly without the expedite.

Anyway just an idea. Otherwise you'll need to change it within America which I personally find to be a pain. That is unless you're planning on coming back before your current passport expires (if there's heaps of time left on it).

Her name is... Matilda :P As in, waltzing :P but we call her Tilly. She's adorable :)

As for your visa/name change/passport... it only takes 10 days to change your passport (quicker if you pay the expedite fee). Is there a reason why you're not just changing the name on your passport?

You can start the process and if it's taking too long you can pick it up at the passport place, or pay for the expedite.

I've just changed my passport and it went pretty quickly without the expedite.

Anyway just an idea. Otherwise you'll need to change it within America which I personally find to be a pain. That is unless you're planning on coming back before your current passport expires (if there's heaps of time left on it).

Waltzing Matilda - adorable :)

Nope - I was married in the US... They won't accept the US marriage certificate as proof to change my Aussie passport - I must first pay to have my name changed with NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages... which takes 6-8 weeks and 2-3 hundred dollars (included having my birth certificate reissued). Then, and only then can I apply for a new passport... which is more money and more time. All this money and time... I do not have. I couldn't even get the ball rolling on the name change as they make you send them a copy of your original birth certificate AND MUST send the original... well, as you all know, I need that original for the NVC... and the original marriage certificate also, so the whole thing is on the backburner sadly. I'll pay to have the name change done next year (and send the correspondence through my Mum back in Sydney) and then later when my passport is getting closer to expiring I'll get a new one... but I can't do anything about it all now. My passport doesn't expire till 2015 so I've got buckets of time.

Funny thing is... my US bank account, my Maryland drivers licence, MY Social Security card and I believe my old green card are ALLLLLLL in my married name. Gotta love it huh?

Timeline
Waltzing Matilda - adorable :)

Nope - I was married in the US... They won't accept the US marriage certificate as proof to change my Aussie passport - I must first pay to have my name changed with NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages... which takes 6-8 weeks and 2-3 hundred dollars (included having my birth certificate reissued). Then, and only then can I apply for a new passport... which is more money and more time. All this money and time... I do not have. I couldn't even get the ball rolling on the name change as they make you send them a copy of your original birth certificate AND MUST send the original... well, as you all know, I need that original for the NVC... and the original marriage certificate also, so the whole thing is on the backburner sadly. I'll pay to have the name change done next year (and send the correspondence through my Mum back in Sydney) and then later when my passport is getting closer to expiring I'll get a new one... but I can't do anything about it all now. My passport doesn't expire till 2015 so I've got buckets of time.

Funny thing is... my US bank account, my Maryland drivers licence, MY Social Security card and I believe my old green card are ALLLLLLL in my married name. Gotta love it huh?

Thank you, she is adorable :)

As for the name change... I know exactly how you feel! I actually just went through the name change process and just received my new passport today! I got my passport gratis though because I filed it in the 12 months of marriage.

The name change process for me was just under $100 and I didn't have to pay for the passport so that's why I did it now. Otherwise I would have waited because my passport doesn't expire till 2018. The gratis passport maintains the same expiry date as the passport you change though so I didn't really gain anything except a passport in my married name.

I'm really happy I finally had it done to be honest. It's weird having some stuff in your married name and some in maiden. I have to keep remember "who I am" at each place I call. Just today actually I had to call IRS to request some documents and I had to use my maiden name because I haven't had the chance to change it. Then I had to call my post office (in America - I'm in Aus atm) and put my maiden name on the post box because I have to make sure I still get the mail from the IRS :P Ugh. Will be fixing that asap.

As for the driving licence.. don't have one in the US yet, first we need a truck to pass the safety requirements (our vehicle don't have working horns for some reason :S) and then we need our insurer to cover me (which they won't without the GC which I have now thankfully), and then I need to get around to FINALLY studying the boring boring BORING drivers manual. I have never read something so tedious :S

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Just checked my e-mail and received e-mail acceptance confirmation for my AP, AOS AND EAD confirming they have been routed to the National Benefits Center for processing, and stating i should receive within 7-10 day Office Receipt Notices and giving me three Receipt Numbers. Can i do the INFOPASS thing NOW or do i have to wait until i receive the office I-797's? The only USCIS office in Tennessee is clear over the other side of the state in Memphis (approx 12-13 hours drive away) however they do have one in Charlotte, North Carolina which is approx 2 hrs east of us. My Sister called me yesterday to say my father is deteriorating quickly and seems to be hanging in waiting on me to get back to Australia.

Any help on the infopass query would be appreciate..

I dont even want to think about the name change on my passport right now, its valid until 2018 so will go down that road later, thanks for the info about Aussie not recognizing the US Marriage certificate, do we have to re-marry in Australia while there for them to recognize it and if so will that effect my K-1 if the AOS hasnt been approved before changing passport or should i wait until all that has been dealt with?

Cheers Kaye

Our Timeline

Timeline
Just checked my e-mail and received e-mail acceptance confirmation for my AP, AOS AND EAD confirming they have been routed to the National Benefits Center for processing, and stating i should receive within 7-10 day Office Receipt Notices and giving me three Receipt Numbers. Can i do the INFOPASS thing NOW or do i have to wait until i receive the office I-797's? The only USCIS office in Tennessee is clear over the other side of the state in Memphis (approx 12-13 hours drive away) however they do have one in Charlotte, North Carolina which is approx 2 hrs east of us. My Sister called me yesterday to say my father is deteriorating quickly and seems to be hanging in waiting on me to get back to Australia.

I dont even want to think about the name change on my passport right now, its valid until 2018 so will go down that road later, thanks for the info about Aussie not recognizing the US Marriage certificate, do we have to re-marry in Australia while there for them to recognize it and if so will that effect my K-1 if the AOS hasnt been approved before changing passport or should i wait until all that has been dealt with?

Cheers Kaye

No re-marrying in Australia. There's a name change thread in my signature (should be) that I wrote about the process. Long story short you have to get a name change in Australia. You have 12 months from marrying to get the gratis passport so we'll worry about the passport stuff later.

Re the infopass, now that you're in the system you should be okay to book the infopass now. I certainly would try. Here's the site: https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php I would click the top option "service on a case", then "case processing". As for your receipt numbers I would put either the AOS one or the AP one. Probably AP one to be honest.

Here are some threads about it:

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/132464-for-expedited-ap-need-to-wait-infopass-appointment/

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/177190-how-we-applied-for-expedite-advance-parole-thru-the-phone/ (this one shows you how to do it over the phone.. but it's a year old so I hope it still works)

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221338-expedited-advance-parole-question/

Good luck. I hope you get there in time. Please keep us updated.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thinking of you Kaye - hope you get your AP nice and quick *hugs*

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Cheers Kaye

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Kaye - Gods speed in your journey back to Australia. *hugs*

Don't even worry about the passport and name change now, think about that later... just make sure you book your airline tickets in the same name that appears on your passport and you'll be totally fine. It can wait.

Best of luck with the infopass query. Unfortunately I don't have experience with it.

Timeline

Thinking of you Kaye - hope you get your AP nice and quick *hugs*

Thanks Carey, trying to wade through this right now is like a mine field, we sent doc's by fed ex and took them 10 days to even acknowledge receipt as we applied for e-mail and phone text confirmation, i actually got 9 e-mails and 9 text messages when i only sent in 3 applications guess somebody pushed the wrong button lol

Hugss hope all is going smoothly for you Kaye

Our Timeline

Timeline

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Kaye - Gods speed in your journey back to Australia. *hugs*

Don't even worry about the passport and name change now, think about that later... just make sure you book your airline tickets in the same name that appears on your passport and you'll be totally fine. It can wait.

Best of luck with the infopass query. Unfortunately I don't have experience with it.

Thanks TJ i am going to book my plane tickets in maiden name and carry original marriage certificate, we were lucky when we went to the County Court House to register our marriage, the County Clerk was smoking outside and so i lit one up and smoked with her, not knowing until we went inside who she was LOL so when we went to the counter, they gave us two Original Marriage Certificates, one ive sent off with AOS, EAD and AP the other im keeping until i can find a JP or Notary, May call the Aussie Passport Office when i get back to Australia and check into changing my passport and drivers licence etc even if it means driving up to Brisbane for the day to apply in person at the Passport Office.

Hope things are going well in your case,. cheers Kaye

Our Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.