Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
We did the half-way-in between Hawaii thing also. If you decide to get married on Kauai I am happy to offer suggestions :P

Aw thanks.....yeah we haven't decided which island quite yet, but we were leaning toward Maui, just because we thought it had more to do. But we're still researching, and Kauai does look gorgeous.

ahhhh FFS my saga with DIAC (department of immi & citizenship in Australia) continues. If you think USCIS/NVC is bad.. DIAC is SO MUCH worse

We are at the second stage removing conditions stage of my husband's visa and they (in Canberra) have set me around in circles since I first contacted them in early February. It takes them ages to respond to an email (much longer than their 5 business day target time) and every time they give incorrect information or neglect to respond to all my questions. I still have unreplied emails from over 3 weeks ago - this is from both the general email line and from the Manager of the branch (who sent me an apology from when I made an official complaint about them sending my documents to Western Australia instead of Washington, USA!). I still haven't received those documents yet by the way. My last email was to ask how I can have my case transferred to Washington DC .. I guess they don't know so they are just going to ignore it?

But basically since the first stage of our visa was lodged outside of Australia, the rules say the second stage can also be processed outside of Australia (Canberra has confirmed this also - they just haven't told me how). Since it's taken Canberra so long to respond a few days ago I sent an email to the Embassy in DC and pretty much begged them to take the case so that I don't have to deal with Canberra anymore. Long story short they got back to me today, again with incorrect information and said they can't process it for us.

WHY are you people sooo stupid!? :bonk:

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline
ahhhh FFS my saga with DIAC (department of immi & citizenship in Australia) continues. If you think USCIS/NVC is bad.. DIAC is SO MUCH worse

We are at the second stage removing conditions stage of my husband's visa and they (in Canberra) have set me around in circles since I first contacted them in early February. It takes them ages to respond to an email (much longer than their 5 business day target time) and every time they give incorrect information or neglect to respond to all my questions. I still have unreplied emails from over 3 weeks ago - this is from both the general email line and from the Manager of the branch (who sent me an apology from when I made an official complaint about them sending my documents to Western Australia instead of Washington, USA!). I still haven't received those documents yet by the way. My last email was to ask how I can have my case transferred to Washington DC .. I guess they don't know so they are just going to ignore it?

But basically since the first stage of our visa was lodged outside of Australia, the rules say the second stage can also be processed outside of Australia (Canberra has confirmed this also - they just haven't told me how). Since it's taken Canberra so long to respond a few days ago I sent an email to the Embassy in DC and pretty much begged them to take the case so that I don't have to deal with Canberra anymore. Long story short they got back to me today, again with incorrect information and said they can't process it for us.

I am so sorry to hear about this Kaffy!!! If they would just work well from the beginning they wouldn't have upset people complaining! Geez... I hope it all works out for you!!

Anne...everyone was very nice and courteous according to Matty.. so all good! Wow you have so little to go! The 14th you'll be hear!!! yay.. Matt will be coming the 26 if the L-rd wills... Just 3 weeks to go.. I hope it goes by quick and painless... it's been too long!!

Hope all the rest of the crew is doing well!!

K-1 VISA Timeline

I-129F Sent :2008-10-16

I-129F NOA2 :2009-02-22

Interview Date : 2009-03-31

VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 2009-04-05

US Entry : 2009-04-26 tickets bought!

Wedding date: May 31, 2009

Praise HaShem! This has been such a blessing all thanks to him and his glorious hand!

AOS Timeline:

I-495 Sent: 2009-06-30

I-495 Received: 2009-07-01 (Fedex Overnight)

I-495 Biometrics: 2009-08-11

INTERVIEW DATE RECEIVED:: 2009-08-28

1-495 INTERVIEW DATE: 2009-09-29

Timeline

Arrrgh ... Im sorry they are giving you the run around ... I hope its sort out sooner then later ... sooo annoying! beyond me how they can mistake Washington with Western Australia... ijits!

I am so sorry to hear about this Kaffy!!! If they would just work well from the beginning they wouldn't have upset people complaining! Geez... I hope it all works out for you!!

Anne...everyone was very nice and courteous according to Matty.. so all good! Wow you have so little to go! The 14th you'll be hear!!! yay.. Matt will be coming the 26 if the L-rd wills... Just 3 weeks to go.. I hope it goes by quick and painless... it's been too long!!

Hope all the rest of the crew is doing well!!

OMG I am starting to freak out now!!!!!

I went to mums and sorted out my Jetta stuff yesterday ... I had to repack a few things because things have been taken there in stages and they need to be picked up on Tuesday .... Well I had budgeted for 40kg and have ended up with 64kg!!!!!!!!!

I also went to the doc yesterday and got my REF 24 for my Diabeties and Cholestrol tablets and my creams and I asked her for a prescription for ventalin because Ive been really chesty since I was sick (much better thou) and she forgot to include it in the prescription ... my meds are going to cost about 80-90 buckaroos thank god to health care cards because otherwise it would have cost me several hundred but off cause Ive been soo brainless that I forgot to budget for them ...

The fridge and bed are in the paper and Ive had like 2 calls soo Im fretting about not been able to sell them! and really needing the money ....

My house looks like a mini cyclone has hit it but not one fricken person has offered to help but they alllllll want things from me!!!

I dont know about everyone else but with 10 days left Im not feeling like Im leaving anything behind if anything its reinforcing to me that I made the right decision to leave .... Amazes me how selfish people can be sometimes .... its kind of like when someone dies and everyone fights over who is taking what but no one wanted to go visit the poor old soul before they died ... Everyone is saying the right things and going thru the motions but stuff the fact that your half killing yourself doing everything on your own... Bahumbug!!

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline

hi all gratz to all visas!

SO I HAVE A QUESTION!! what order does his stuff have to be in for the interview..He had everything except the police cert medical and his

NOW they say on the form for 134 form they want it noterized HOWEVER i used the new form that did not have ANY place to be noterized. they want evidence od HIS assets and funds ( he has #######) so what do we do there?? he has MAYBE 400 in the bank..should he get his bank deposits and balance?? OR hmm??? they only asked for 2008 tax return (again its ####### but have letter explaining WHY)

evidence of my legal residence or status..( birth cert of mine ...copy and a few other things)

evidence of MY assets..dont really have any as I am starting over bascially.

I included in the 134 like i said , letter from boss, letter from them stating I make enough with my ssi, tax return, omg the list is long

are we forgeting anything and in WHAT order does this all have to be in..does it have to follow the list????

thanks...SORRY I repeated things..JUST NERVOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

My gut is KILLING me from stress over this and my back is KILLING ME!!! GRRRRR

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Cham your the USC ... Kai doesnt have to provide evidence of what he has in his bank account or what assets he has ... they dont care and wont take his income into consideration only the USC has to prove that they can support the beneficiary...

Far as noterising forms goes ... When shay got his done the person noterising the papers stamped the bottom of the page and signed where the stamp was ....

The order should be as things appear on the checklist...

Again Original Documents are primarily the benificiaries... Youll have to provide Kai with W2's, tax returns, pay stubs and other things requested in the Affidavid of support forms...

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline

but we used the new form...i asked on here and they said the new form should be okay his interview is tuesday...our monday...i did not have it noterized

NOW I Am freaking out

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Timeline
but we used the new form...i asked on here and they said the new form should be okay his interview is tuesday...our monday...i did not have it noterized

NOW I Am freaking out

Oh Relax relax!! I also sent matt the new form which did not need to be notarized and everything was fine!! :blush: If they ask, well then tell them that the form you downloaded from the USC site did not have to be notorized according to the instructions...

K-1 VISA Timeline

VISA APPROVED!!!

Praise HaShem! This has been such a blessing all thanks to him and his glorious hand!

AOS Timeline:

Timeline

NOW I Am freaking out

Oh Relax relax!! I also sent matt the new form which did not need to be notarized and everything was fine!! :blush: If they ask, well then tell them that the form you downloaded from the USC site did not have to be notorized according to the instructions...

Im sorry! I dont know which forms we used, I didnt realise the new forms didnt need notorising .... but Annie is right! stop stressing! Oz isnt a high fraud country if anything USC are in most cases better off moving to Oz so its not likely many Aussies would be going thru this torture for a greencard you'd seriously need to have rocks in your head to be doing this for anything other then genuine love for your fiance .. Like Im seriously not getting much less on unemployment then Shay gets working 40 hours a week, we have more or less free schools and medical, whatever schooling isnt free is subed by things like HEX and Tafe is subed by having a healthcare card and because of my health care card I dont even pay for dental not to mention I only pay $5.20 for the same medication that is going to cost me around $200 in the US ... so stop stressing Kai will be fine and dandy and he will get his visa tomorrow....

If any papers arent in the correct order the first person he will see will go thru them and stick them in order in my case it was a very pretty and very pregnant american girl who was as nice as pie and she kept telling me that she didnt think there would be any problems because everything looked fine ...

{{{HUGZ}}} all the best to you both ... cant wait to find out how you went ... I think Ill be here for one more day, I was planning on going to mums on Tomorrow but I think Ill stay here tomorrow night to because mum has to work Wednesday morning and I dont want to be stuck alone with her monster (husband) ....

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline

Just some other news....

our VISA ARRIVED JUST NOW!!! WOOT WOOT! :dance:

So exicited now!!!! only three weeks before I get to see my baby!!!

Anyways just thought I'd share my good news!!

K-1 VISA Timeline

VISA APPROVED!!!

AOS Timeline:

Filed: Timeline

Hi All .. well it's that time now.. to send off our I-751 Removal of Conditions :dance::yes:

1 Question , do we organize my 2 passport style pictures for the Application and attach them to it,

Or do we do it when they do the Biometrics? :blink:

Congrats to one and all who's Visa's have come through :thumbs::dance:

And to those who are still waiting .. believe me the wait is more than worth it (L)(F)

Thanks

Paul

:whistle:

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Timeline

Congratulations Annie! {{{{HUGZ}}}} pretty amazing feeling when you actually have that visa in hand isnt it????? ;)

Congratulations to you to Hampster!! (F) Im not sure what the answer to your question is thou, sorry.

Good Luck Kai and Cham, we're thinking of you! {{HUGZ}}

Arrrrgh, I am ready to drop, Im waiting for mum and her husband to come pick up the last of my stuff ... tomorrow Ill have to finish cleaning and hand in the keys.... this morning it hit me 7 days and I felt like being sick!!!

I dont know if I mentioned it but Shay rented a house a street away .... Shays mum lives with him and the little house is just way to small for 3 adults ... Shays looked at several houses the last few months but hadnt found anything suitable .... last week da mummy was going to give to move out of the master bedroom and give it to us because the small room is to small for 2 but we felt really bad about taking her room and Shay heard about another house that was available and he went and saw it ... Initially he wasnt going to rent it till I saw it but honestly it was 2 good to pass up!

Its still a 2 bedroom but the rooms are bigger, they both have walk in wardrobs where the old house had limited wardrobe space ... this one has a coat closet, a bathroom linen cupboard and the dinning room has floor to ceiling cabinets ... not to mention a seperate garage, green house, fenced in yard for the dogs ... front veranda and back deck... the only negative in our opinion was the lime green carpeting, but thats why god invented rugs :P

So my poor buby is busy moving and trying to finish before I get there ... welll he wont finish everything but least the furniture will be in and the kitchen and bedrooms will be done...

Edited by AnnexoxShay

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline
:lol: yeah who cares ... I dont have much of a choice everyone wants pics ... I went to say goodbye to the ladies at Salvo's that I do volunteer work with earlier today and they all threatened to do me harm if I dont send pics ....

:lol: I know its funny we have baby names already but my family are greek immigrants and its traditional to name our children after our parents .... but my sister just had a baby and called her Mariah (shes my little angel (L) ) and her first little girls middle name is Calista Maria soo Im kinda let off the hook besides Ive always loved my grandmothers name and since I was a little girl I wanted to name my kid after my grandmother .. her name was Anastasia but I prefer Natasha.... And Shay always wanted to name his after his father and mother and had wanted Ronny Christine ... When he told me I said what about Ronan, his fathers name is Ronald and I really dont like that name but Ronan is lovely and Ive always loved Kristian ... but the main thing is theyre healthy a name is just a word we learn to respond to ...

thats right! expecting to see pics here haha...

Boy let me tell you…we had been disagreeing over baby names recently :wacko: ..this is mainly because Rich (richard) has the same name as his fathers and he wants to pass his name down. The problem is – I DON’T like his name at all :blink: ..Its Richard Edward …as in ####### Ed :lol: …I know its cruel but I stressed the fact that I just don’t like the name, period lol.. :blush: Its hard on him but we’ve come to an agreement to come up with something fresh..thank goodness for that! :D

Thanks ya'll for sharing your experiences with setting your wedding dates. It really helps. Our families want us to get married in Hawaii because of being halfway between us. We'd love to be able to do that, but we're told we will have to book things (location, minister, photographer) further in advance because of all the people that go there to get married. We're only going to have our immediate families there though. After reading your experiences, I definitely think I will wait atleast till we get our NOA2. Oh, and I started our timeline (thanks AnnexoxShay)...I didn't know how helpful that could be in estimating how long it will take. I'm still learning! but it helps reading everyone's posts and hearing from your experiences. Thanks!

Hawaii!! We've had two holidays together there and its just absolutely fantastic to just have a wedding there...I second that suggestion!

ROC Journey:-

05.11.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.14.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

xx.xx.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.15.2012

05.31.2012 -- Biometric notice date

06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken

01.23.2013 -- Card Production Ordered.

01.28.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Timeline

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!! thank god its over on that part HOLY MOLY!! This is worse then getting my head bashed in with a dunny door LOL :whistle::dance::dance::dance:

wedding is set for the 25th of April and we are also going to have a moment of silence there for anzac day and explain the story as well.

NOW to book the FLIGHT

Edited by Cham

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Timeline

Got my packet 4 this afternoon with an interview scheduled for the 21st of this month. :thumbs:

Aside from the items the consulate has instructed me to bring (prepaid express post satchel, receipt of application payment & passport), what else do I need to bring?

Our Timeline

December 31st, 2007: Engaged!

November 4th, 2008: Received official confirmation that first K1 packet has been received by USCIS.

January 20th, 2009: Received NOA2, confirming that the K1 petition has been approved.

February 10th, 2009: Kat receives Packet 3 from Sydney consulate.

February 18th, 2009: Medical Exam.

March 4th, 2009: Medical exam results received.

March 30th, 2009: Kat mails out Packet 3 to consulate (11:45pm!)

April 7th, 2009: Received Packet 4. Interview scheduled for April 21st at 9am.

April 21st, 2009: Visa Interview @ Sydney Consulate. PASSED!!! :)

May 21st, 2009: POE @ SFO.

July 11th, 2009: Married.

August 13th, 2009: Filed for AOS.

August 20th, 2009: Received NOAs for I-485 & I-765

September 19, 2009: Biometrics Interview

October 3rd, 2009: Received EAD card in mail.

November 24th, 2009: Received Welcome Notice & 2yr PRC!!

September 21st, 2011: Filed I-751 for 10 year PRC

July 3rd, 2012: Received 10 year PRC in mail.

August 27th, 2012: Filed N-400.

August 29th, 2012: N-400 Application received by Arizona service center.

September 4th, 2012: Electronic notice received confirming receipt of application.

October 24th, 2012: Biometrics appointment

December 19th, 2012: Interview letter received. Interview set for January 23rd, 2013.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.