Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks girls - I rarely get sick but man did I go down hard!!! Am finally on the mend I think and picked up my personal effects from the air cargo building today so tomorrow its time to unpack and get back into some sort of vague routine. Oh and we went and got the marriage licence today so 11 days til I'm a Mrs :)

Hey Kaye I forgot to say I had the absolute hysterical giggles right before I saw Ted at the terminal. So remember all your advice about looking ravishing, moisturised etc? Emm yes no - so 13 hour flight, no sleep. Get to LA and an hour before me next flight I spill half a cup of coffee down my white singlet and brown jacket. Makeup accidentally got packed - I swear to goodness I was a wild haired, coffee reeking, red eyed lunatic! And just before I walked out into the baggage hall where Ted was waiting I remembered your email and I was almost sick I was laughing so hard!

Oh Carey you had me nearly spitting my morning coffee on the laptop, i was laughing at your arrival description so hard... hahahaha Well at least Ted knows what hes in for when your not well and had no sleep and don't look your best, so at the wedding he is going to be "Knocked for Six" wooohoooo.. so glad you are on the mend, hope you had your flu shot as part of your vaccinations before you came over, that was the only one i had to get prior to departure, as when i had my Panel Medical back in March this year the vaccine wasnt available, so had my GP order me some and sign my vaccination records when he gave it to me in May before leaving.

Tis cold [49F-9C] and rainy here today, so made a big pot of coffee and am going to just relax and spend some time playing games and facebooking, Leonard has had to go in for his regular blood work and check up with his Doctor and he is also shopping for my Birthday Gift [do all men leave it until the last moment? My birthday is tomorrow Nov 5th LOL} bless his heart he took me for a drive up into the Blue Ridge Mtns of North Carolina to Boone, NC this trendy lil arty crafty place in the mountains a couple of weekends ago so i could see the fall leaves omg it was so beautiful where he bought me the most beautiful hand crafted ear rings (purple hues as my fave colour) i think i took close to 150 photos during the drive and stops at various look outs, ive never been here in America during October so had never seen the fall leaves before they look so beautiful but man are they a mess to clean up off the deck as we have 4 huge canadian maples trees around the back deck of the house and elm trees and cedar trees on our two acres, not to mention the wild cherries and other trees ive not yet been able to identify, so ive been asking Leo for a leaf blower so his Mom and Dad got me one as part of my birthday gifts (it mulches too yay) talk about really being spoiled this year as the ear rings were meant to be my Birthday Gift but now he wants to get me something else as well as ive already seen them and he wants me to have something to open tomorrow on my birthday apart from the leaf blower box, then last night the UPS man came about 7pm and delivered a gift from Gevalia Coffee (which we both love omg its good stuff and not that expensive) it was a programmable automatic 12 cup coffee maker the only thing is im not waking up at the same time anymore, my body clock is finally in tune with being retired and i wake up from anywhere from 7:00 am to 9:00 am never the same time LOL so when to program the coffee maker to start in the mornings? hahaha I am loving my life here, coming from the Gold Coast, were traffic is a nightmare, roadworks and construction everywhere, to the slower pace and southern charm of Tennessee i couldnt have asked for more, the people here are so friendly and generous and just love us Aussies, the gal at Ingles Supermarket every week when i shop apologises for doing my groceries so slow but she just wants to hear my accent and usually the rest of the staff come over for a chat if they are not busy either, everywhere i go when speaking to somebody at a register or check out a lil crowd develops and they all want to hear about Australia its so cute.

Am still waiting on the offical I-131 NOA but have spoken to my family and come to terms with the fact that i may not make it home before my Dad passes as he is going down hill daily, i spoke to our church pastor yesterday {great lady and weve become firm friends as we are very similar in personality} and she told me not to feel badly, that i had said goodbye to my Dad when i left, knowing that i possibly may not make it back if he passed due to age (he will be 86 Dec 1st) my Sister Diane called me Monday morning and is keeping me briefed regularly and has everything organized and helping my Mum and told me not to worry. So am just taking it day by day now waiting!

Carey if you have Hobby Lobby in your state go there for most of your wedding stuff, i got all my stuff there, wedding cake toppers, invitations and rsvp cards, guest books, ring bearer cushion, unity candle, cake knife and server (all matching) pew bows and ribbons etc for next to nothing as they are always on 50% off every other week so check it out. The only thing im having trouble finding is a Wedding Photo album, seems to be a lot of 'scrapbooking' stuff around but nothing i really want as our Wedding Photo album so if anyone finds a good store that carries them please let me know.

Anyway time to go play some token slot machines and check my Farms etc on Facebook.. take it easy everyone and good luck with your journey,.

Cheers all Kaye :)

Edited by Breezie54

Our Timeline

I-751 Removal of Conditions

Date Filed : 2013-01-08

NOA Date : 2013-01-14

RFE(s) : NA

Bio. Appt. : 2013-02-06

Interview Date : NA

Approval / Denial Date : 2013-06-27

Approved : Yes

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks for the advice on the wedding day accessories Kaye but we're not really having that sort of wedding. It is very simple and utterly budget conscious lol. We had a great day out shopping today though - I cannot believe we rented an entire tuxedo for Ted - pants, shirt, tie, jacket, cufflinks, shoes, socks for $90!!!!!! Are you kidding me??? And good old Macy's were having a sale so my step daughters utterly gorgeous dress was only $50! So happy :) Plus got my engagement ring resized today so finally its on my finger! I cant believe I'll be married this time next week - very cool :dance:

Thinking of you and your family every day - did you get your biometrics date yet? And I completely agree that living here is so different to the hustle and bustle of the Gold Coast. I know I'm still in suburbia but I'm currently quite enjoying not busting it every day at work - I have no idea how long this happy bliss will last but for now very happy sighs :D

What's the latest update with you too Jess?

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Woke up on the morning of November 5th to have my Mum call me singing me Happy Birthday was too funny, but is something i started when my nieces and nephews were babies would call them and sing happy birthday and did it too everyone in my family, spent time talking with Mum and laughing until she got tired and said she was going to bed as it was after 11pm here time, went and put the coffee on and was just about to sit down and read my email when the phone rang again it was mum some 15 minutes later to tell me that my Dad had passed away while we were on the phone. It Seems the hospital had tried to call her but she was on the telephone with me, so they called my Sister [which i think was better anyway on my mum] So was not the happiest of birthdays for me, but as a dear friend told me i can celebrate my Dad's life as well on my birthday. The funeral will be this Wednesday and ive still not gotten the office I-131 Application for Travel NOA and instructions so i still cant hop a plane but our Church is holding a memorial service today at church for my Dad so at this stage I wont be going back to Australia as my Sisters are there for my Mum and instead weve discussed her coming to visit us here in the States for a couple of months after winter..

Thank you everyone for all your love and support these past months its much appreciated.

Carey hope the plans for your wedding are coming along well, i told you you get more 'Bang for your Buck" over here ..

Cheers Kaye

Our Timeline

I-751 Removal of Conditions

Date Filed : 2013-01-08

NOA Date : 2013-01-14

RFE(s) : NA

Bio. Appt. : 2013-02-06

Interview Date : NA

Approval / Denial Date : 2013-06-27

Approved : Yes

Timeline

Oh Kaye I'm so so so sorry regarding the passing of your Dad. I truly wished that you would get home in time but I like the idea of your mum to come visit once the colder months have passed. My nanna passed away on my brothers birthday 10+ years ago so we do the same, celebrate her life every year whilst we celebrate the birthday.

The most massive of hugs to you - please holler if you need a shoulder to lean on.

Take Care

Carey xox

AOS from K1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

Naturalization

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey G'day mate, I will start my AOS journey very soon, preparing document now and planning on submit before the fees increase. Just found the post by Vanessa, it's wonderful information and that really help me put together my forms. Will hang around this board everyday, hope to make some new friends. :)

AOS

2010/11/18 - Mailed I-130, I-485, EAD and AP application to Chicago Lockbox

2010/11/19 - Reached lockbox, signed for delivered

2010/11/23 - Got email for application received

2010/11/24 - Checks cached

2010/11/24 - Verified case on USCIS website

2010/11/30 - NOA1 received by mail

2010/12/07 - Received biometrics appointment letter

2010/12/28 - Biometrics Appointment completed

2011/01/26 - Received email notified for EAD card in production

2011/01/30 - Received email notified for EAD card in production again

2011/02/01 - Received letter for approved AP (no update on the USCIS website)

2011/02/03 - Received EAD Card in mail

2011/02/28 - Received email notified for interview date 4/4/2011

2011/04/04 - AOS Interview approved.

2011/04/09 - Green Card in the mail.

Timeline

Hey Kitty - welcome to the madhouse :) Good luck with your AOS.

Cheers

Carey

AOS from K1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

Naturalization

Kaye I am so very sorry for your loss. I am sitting here with my morning coffee in tears after reading that your dad passed. I think your Mum coming for a visit will be good for you both & your Pastor is right, celebrate your dads life and all the wonderful memories you have of him *MASSIVE HUGS*

Carey, I had to giggle at the picture you painted of how you looked upon arrival...I was looking much the same way when I arrived (minus the spilled coffee)

Things have progressed well here in Ohio...we had a light snow over the weekend which was pretty but sheesh I was cold! I start my new job next week so I am excited to be venturing outside the house into the real world again. Bek is coping extremely well with 8th Grade, she is still pulling straight A's in every subject, plus we had her first Choir Performance 2 weeks ago..so proud of her.

Anyway, time for me to hit facebook and tend to farms etc.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Hi Kaye, I'm very sorry to hear of your Dads passing. I lost my dad in 2001 and whilst it's a sadness that never goes away, in time the good memories of your dad will make you smile, instead of make you cry... at least, that is how it has been for me. I wish you and your family all the best for the coming weeks. Don't discount going "home" too soon - If you need to go back to spend a little time with your Mum, do it. Her planned trip to the US sounds like a very nice one though - something to look forward to for you both.

I'm still tapping my feet waiting to hear about my visa - I've pretty much closed the book on the possibility of flying back to the US with Tony after Christmas. I guess my interview will be January or February or... whenever... He's going to be away about 75% of next year... I'm trying not to get too morose about that prospect. I recently was faced with a significant promotion at work for next year here in Sydney... talk about bad timing. I'm intimately aquainted with a rock and a hard place.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Woke up on the morning of November 5th to have my Mum call me singing me Happy Birthday was too funny, but is something i started when my nieces and nephews were babies would call them and sing happy birthday and did it too everyone in my family, spent time talking with Mum and laughing until she got tired and said she was going to bed as it was after 11pm here time, went and put the coffee on and was just about to sit down and read my email when the phone rang again it was mum some 15 minutes later to tell me that my Dad had passed away while we were on the phone. It Seems the hospital had tried to call her but she was on the telephone with me, so they called my Sister [which i think was better anyway on my mum] So was not the happiest of birthdays for me, but as a dear friend told me i can celebrate my Dad's life as well on my birthday. The funeral will be this Wednesday and ive still not gotten the office I-131 Application for Travel NOA and instructions so i still cant hop a plane but our Church is holding a memorial service today at church for my Dad so at this stage I wont be going back to Australia as my Sisters are there for my Mum and instead weve discussed her coming to visit us here in the States for a couple of months after winter..

Thank you everyone for all your love and support these past months its much appreciated.

Carey hope the plans for your wedding are coming along well, i told you you get more 'Bang for your Buck" over here ..

Cheers Kaye

Kaye, I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your dad. It was lovely of your church to hold a memorial service. I think your mum coming to visit will be good. Great for her to relax and see where you are. **hugs**

Hey G'day mate, I will start my AOS journey very soon, preparing document now and planning on submit before the fees increase. Just found the post by Vanessa, it's wonderful information and that really help me put together my forms. Will hang around this board everyday, hope to make some new friends. :)

Welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to ask :)

Things have progressed well here in Ohio...we had a light snow over the weekend which was pretty but sheesh I was cold! I start my new job next week so I am excited to be venturing outside the house into the real world again. Bek is coping extremely well with 8th Grade, she is still pulling straight A's in every subject, plus we had her first Choir Performance 2 weeks ago..so proud of her.

Anyway, time for me to hit facebook and tend to farms etc.

Good to hear your family is doing so well. Good on Bek for really getting involved :) I think i would have jointed choir when I was in school too :) We haven't had any snow here yet and in fact since Sunday it's been sunny tshirt weather.. HOWEVER.. I've heard rumours the snow will start on friday... maybe Mother Nature was cutting me some slack for a week to get used to here again??

I'm still tapping my feet waiting to hear about my visa - I've pretty much closed the book on the possibility of flying back to the US with Tony after Christmas. I guess my interview will be January or February or... whenever... He's going to be away about 75% of next year... I'm trying not to get too morose about that prospect. I recently was faced with a significant promotion at work for next year here in Sydney... talk about bad timing. I'm intimately aquainted with a rock and a hard place.

Oooo #######. I know that when I first when to visit Tony in 2008 (my Tony, not yours :P) I left a REALLY good job in order to get enough time off to see him. I've often regretted that choice... I know that sounds bad because I wish I hadn't had to have left the job and still visited Tony. In the end we got married and I know eventually I'll get another good job... but I worked hard to get where I was and sometimes it's kinda like I jumped off the career ladder and now I have to start the long climb up again... Possible but irksome.. not to mention the less than perfect wages here :S Going from earning well to not earning at all (and when I do about 1/2 what I earn in Aus) is hard.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
:bonk: Me and my man are just on pins and needles. He sent packet 3 in on the 11/5, because it took such an insane amount of time for him to get my stuff in the mail and even longer for his police check to get back we are totatly stressed. Our petition expires 12/2, how long does it generally take to get an interview date after you send packet 3 in. We have verified that they did recieve it. I can't wait until this is over. Just craziness.

04/08 Met online playing World of Warcraft

09/08 Met in person for the first time

(3 more trips in between)

05/10 File I29F to get him here so we live happily ever after <3

Some people come into our lives and queitly stay. Others stay for awhile, leaving foot prints in hearts and we are never the same.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I know I've been awol... but things sorta got a little crazy and I haven't really been at/near the computer haha!

This week saw the first snow (pics below), just got back from getting my CO Drivers Licence and dropping the snowboard off for a wax. Next week I think I'll head up the mountains.

I've officially applied to go to college now, hoping to do an Aviation major which should be fun. Talk about accelerated learning of the educational process over here!

Have been applying for random (what I consider crappy) jobs in a few areas - retail, security, sales, hospitality - with no bites yet... but I am yet to get dressed up and waltzing into places, so we'll see what happens when I know my college schedule.

Hope you are all well especially you Kaye!

Carey - good to see you made it over here in one piece ;)

The Long Wait...

Unmarried Son of US Citizen OVER 21

[dd/mm/yy]

USCIS

xx/03/05 - I130 Sent

24/03/05 - NOA1 Received

[many moons later]

12/03/09 - NOA2 Received

Your I-130 was approved in 1448 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

05/04/10 - Received I-864 Bill

23/04/10 - IV Fee Bill Received

18/05/10 - DS230 Sent

11/06/10 - July 2010 Bulletin shows PD Current - WOOT!

14/06/10 - Operator and AVR Update to say CASE COMPLETE 10/6/10

16/06/10 - SIF

CONSULATE

29/06/10 - P4

07/07/10 @ 11:00am - Medical - COMPLETE

03/08/10 @ 9:00am 11:00am - Interview!(SYD) - APPROVED!

USA

13/09/2010 - POE @ LAX

24/09/2010 - Welcome Letter from USCIS!

25/09/2010 - Green Card Arrived

07/10/2010 - SSN!

Timeline

:bonk: Me and my man are just on pins and needles. He sent packet 3 in on the 11/5, because it took such an insane amount of time for him to get my stuff in the mail and even longer for his police check to get back we are totatly stressed. Our petition expires 12/2, how long does it generally take to get an interview date after you send packet 3 in. We have verified that they did recieve it. I can't wait until this is over. Just craziness.

I think it took about 2 weeks from memory for me to get notification of the interview date and the interview was 2 1/2 weeks after I was notified :) Good luck you're almost there!!

Nice to see you Nick - sounds like you're having a blast and settling in just fine.

Biggest hugs Jess - I know you're frustrated as right now but it will happen before you know it.

Wedding is in 5 hours - still hasnt quite sunk in yet lol.

AOS from K1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

Naturalization

Timeline
Me and my man are just on pins and needles. He sent packet 3 in on the 11/5, because it took such an insane amount of time for him to get my stuff in the mail and even longer for his police check to get back we are totatly stressed. Our petition expires 12/2, how long does it generally take to get an interview date after you send packet 3 in. We have verified that they did recieve it. I can't wait until this is over. Just craziness.

I assume you mean 5th Nov, not 11th May :D It honestly shouldn't be too much longer till he gets the lovely email telling him his interview date and that he has to pay the immigrant visa fee etc. Very exciting :D

Don't worry about the petition expiration (again I assume you mean 2nd December, not 12th Feb) because it's automatically extended if something is going on with your case. I never once even thought about expiration dates. Only since coming to VJ did I find out that people freak out about it... The expiration dates are if you don't reply, or your case doesn't move along.

I think it took about 2 weeks from memory for me to get notification of the interview date and the interview was 2 1/2 weeks after I was notified :) Good luck you're almost there!!

Nice to see you Nick - sounds like you're having a blast and settling in just fine.

Biggest hugs Jess - I know you're frustrated as right now but it will happen before you know it.

Wedding is in 5 hours - still hasnt quite sunk in yet lol.

Good luck for the wedding and congratulations!!

Timeline

Just realised I've made a mistake I myself occasionally mention you shouldn't... i haven't filed my AR-11 saying I changed address yet! So.. right now I'm completing and AR-11 for me and an I-865 for Tony.. whoopsie!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.