Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Fingerprinted tonight for my PCC. They reckon 2 weeks for it to be mailed to me.

Apparently it would've been easier to fingerprint me if I'd committed an offence though :lol:

If you're in a hurry, I rang Qld Police after a week and spoke to a lovely lady who asked me what I needed it for. So, I told her for a visa and that I needed it X date. They rang me the next day and told me it was ready. I couldn't pick it up though because they're on Roma Street in the City.

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

If you're in a hurry, I rang Qld Police after a week and spoke to a lovely lady who asked me what I needed it for. So, I told her for a visa and that I needed it X date. They rang me the next day and told me it was ready. I couldn't pick it up though because they're on Roma Street in the City.

Cheers for that... Not that its going to get me my Visa Number quicker, but I already told them I'd be coming after them :lol:

I just thought it was amusing that they were all stressing out because they were only really familiar with fingerprinting for people committing an offence... hahah

Ah well, I'll get completing my DS-230 and putting the docs together over the next week or so, and then when the PCC comes through it should all be ready :thumbs:

The Long Wait...

Unmarried Son of US Citizen OVER 21

[dd/mm/yy]

USCIS

xx/03/05 - I130 Sent

24/03/05 - NOA1 Received

[many moons later]

12/03/09 - NOA2 Received

Your I-130 was approved in 1448 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

05/04/10 - Received I-864 Bill

23/04/10 - IV Fee Bill Received

18/05/10 - DS230 Sent

11/06/10 - July 2010 Bulletin shows PD Current - WOOT!

14/06/10 - Operator and AVR Update to say CASE COMPLETE 10/6/10

16/06/10 - SIF

CONSULATE

29/06/10 - P4

07/07/10 @ 11:00am - Medical - COMPLETE

03/08/10 @ 9:00am 11:00am - Interview!(SYD) - APPROVED!

USA

13/09/2010 - POE @ LAX

24/09/2010 - Welcome Letter from USCIS!

25/09/2010 - Green Card Arrived

07/10/2010 - SSN!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!

I'm in shock.....but it's so freaking amazing. Job hunting, here I come!!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!

I'm in shock.....but it's so freaking amazing. Job hunting, here I come!!

WOOOOHHHOOOOOO CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So freaking happy for you!!!

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

WOOOOHHHOOOOOO CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So freaking happy for you!!!

Thanks Terri!! Still in shock....but Alex and I are sure as hell going to celebrate tonight!

Timeline

Just a little update - nothing has happened :P lol. I'm HOPING to get the biometrics letter soon (for AOS) given several people around my time have received them.

As a side note I think it's pretty funny how excited I am about checking the mail in the morning. I think most K1's will agree this AOS waiting process is a bit better than the K1 waiting.. being that we're with our loved ones.. but I have to admit not working is driving me slowly more insane than normal.

I also kinda feel sorry for anyone I don't know well asking the "how are you?" question because invariably I enter into a long diatribe about how not working sucks, and then they ask about home, which starts the "food here was hard to get used to" and then comparisons.. then I get to thinking about the easter eggs that mum's sending to me..

Ugh. Sorry. I needed that. I can't wait to get my greencard. I can't wait for it to be just Tony and I again it will be glorious :D

How is everyone else coping?

**Edit - anything pertaining to **** deleted for my safety :P

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Well it has been some time since i logged in, lost the link when my pc crashed, then couldnt find thread 3, but Leo and I are down in Sydney and had our interview yesterday April 27th, we arrived at the embassy went through security was only allowed to take my lever arch folder with all our documents in it and my purse, my handbag and tote bag had to remain downstairs on the 10th floor with security, we then took the express elevator to the 59th floor, took a number [kinda like being at Woolies Deli counter LOL} we waited 10 minutes then were called up to window 2 where the documents requested in my interview notice were handed over and checked, then i was finger printed using this contraption at the counter {the staff are all behind bullet proof windows you dont actually get to be in the same room with them] then the gal told us everything was correct and to take a seat and we would be called for an interview, by this time the 4 cups of coffee id had made me have to go to the bathroom so i had to go back down to level 10 then back up again lol.. by time i got back notified them and after another 10 minutes we were called to another window with another male staff member, he asked us how we met, how many times id been to the US when had Leonard proposed and had he been here before etc he flipped through the documents we had provided as proof of a relationship, ie my optus telephone bill, copies of cards and emails we had sent, during this time i happened to see a big red stamp on my documents which said APPROVED, i started to breath and then he smiled at us as we stood at his window and said those magic words "KAYE, CONGRATULATIONS YOUR FIANCE VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED' well tears welled in my eyes, Leonard grabbed me and we hugged i was just so relieved.. The gal that saw us first was very friendly and the young man we saw for the interview was polite and smiling which put us both at much more ease.. all in all we were at the embassy for 40 minutes.. as we got there 30 minutes before my interview time of 11am and took a number, it seemd like a lot longer but when we were walking out i checked the clock and it was 11.50am

So all i can say to anyone applying, be methodical, check your documents more than once to make sure all your T's are crossed and I's dotted, go down their checklist and check everything off not once but 2 or 3 times, keep copies of everything you send, be honest and forthright and it should go well.

Our interivew date had to be delayed 6 months due my Dads being seriously ill, thankfully he is now cancer free but it has been 2 years since we orginally lodged.

Thank you to everyone for your comments and help over the past 2 years especially Kath who has been a brick and a great help to me and many others..

We fly back to the Gold Coast tomorrow, and await the Express post pack they are sending with my passport and documentation i need when i enter the US.. have called my boss and given my notice and now have to go home and pack up the house and start having garage sales before the movers come in to pack us up for transfer to the US. And as i said to Leonards Mum last night we can finally set a date and start planning our wedding in Tennessee for sometime this July.

Our Timeline

I-751 Removal of Conditions

Date Filed : 2013-01-08

NOA Date : 2013-01-14

RFE(s) : NA

Bio. Appt. : 2013-02-06

Interview Date : NA

Approval / Denial Date : 2013-06-27

Approved : Yes

Timeline

Congratulations Breezie that's fantastic news I'm so happy for you (even though I'm a stranger) lol.

I'm on the Gold Coast too - been a week since NOA1 so waiting.....

So how long are you giving yourself to pack up the house? I've had to move out of my rental (the move is this weekend) so have spent the last 2 weeks giving stuff away, selling furniture, having garage sales etc - tis fun - invigorating even. Although if my visa doesnt get approved then ummm well I guess I'll buy new furniture!!

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Timeline

Just a little update - nothing has happened :P lol. I'm HOPING to get the biometrics letter soon (for AOS) given several people around my time have received them.

As a side note I think it's pretty funny how excited I am about checking the mail in the morning. I think most K1's will agree this AOS waiting process is a bit better than the K1 waiting.. being that we're with our loved ones.. but I have to admit not working is driving me slowly more insane than normal.

I also kinda feel sorry for anyone I don't know well asking the "how are you?" question because invariably I enter into a long diatribe about how not working sucks, and then they ask about home, which starts the "food here was hard to get used to" and then comparisons.. then I get to thinking about the easter eggs that mum's sending to me..

Which leads to.. Easter here sucked! Tony's family doesn't give everyone easter eggs. If you're a kid you get an easter basket. I didn't get ONE egg from ANYONE. At home we give everyone in the family chocolate (except dad who's a diabetic.. he gets diabetic lollies :D).. when I say "family" I mean mum dad, brothers and sisters, and husbands (no wives yet :P) but for some strange reason the tradition in their family was nothing like that. I wouldn't have known it was easter if I didn't know what's going on back home... seriously it was nothing special, just an ordinary day. Even when Tony and I gave them each a Lindt bunny it didn't enter their head that that meant they should get us SOMETHING. I know I know.. gifts are meant to be given, not demanded but I was just so surprised...

That said though, his mother (sorry nearly typed monster) has no sense of right and wrong.. unless it involves her then she's always right (though typically she's wrong and she won't admit it). I just am shocked that her "social guilt" of getting a gift FROM someone wouldn't have translated to getting something in return... I'm family for christs sake and you can't get me a fricken egg? /sigh (oh I should mention she got her daughter that lives here a bunny and then demanded she be allowed to eat it as well... weird). I guess holidays mean a lot to my family, and knowing how upset mum was that I wasn't there for her birthday (first time ever) and not there for easter (first time ever) and that it was my first holiday with his family (thanksgiving last year didn't count in my opinion 'cause we arrived too late for the "start") that they wouldn't even TRY and make it special for me or compensate in some way for me not being with my family... I know it's not their job but that's what I would have done.. I guess I should stop expecting his family to live up to my family's standards.. that sounds mean but my mum is definitely a "hostess" mum. She'll ask you if you want something to drink or eat. She'll make you feel relaxed and at home. She'll involve you in family things because you're staying there too it would be "exclusionary" to not do so. She would go out of her way to make sure you're comfortable (which ticks my sisters husband off honestly that she won't "leave him alone"... he's a bit of a #######.. his issue, not because mum is being demanding or intrusive)

Ugh. Sorry. I needed that. I can't wait to get my greencard. I can't wait to move out of here. I can't wait for it to be just Tony and I again and that I won't have to deal with his mother or little sister... (cut from the same cloth)... it will be glorious :D

How is everyone else coping?

Vent all you want Vanessa, because I know for sure that I have thought everything you just said at least once! I especially relate to the Easter thing, I think most of us would, actually. Easter is REALLY different here. Good Friday, not a public holiday for starters. We all know how much the chocolate sucks here. And there seems to be no spirit of giving rabbits and eggs to everyone. My Mum especially goes mad giving eggs, she even gets them for the young kids she works with! It's a bit different when it's just Alex and I because he is not a chocolate eater, so I just get some eggs for myself, but I remember one easter (my first in the US back in 06) when I went and got eggs for Alex's sisters and parents and they said thankyou but looked at me really funny! I think easter in Australia is very much about family and friends, with people getting together, going camping, going to the footy etc...and here it's not really anything.

I'm sorry you are having strife with the inlaws....and I'm proud of you for not losing your sh!t with them already! I don't think I could ever live with my inlaws, not that I don't like them but I've never felt comfortable with them, plus they are very religious and we are not, and they kind of push that. Isn't it funny how we love our fiance/husband but our in laws can take some work lol.

I'm thinking happy thoughts for you Ness and hoping you get an approval super duper quick...and yes, I get very excited about checking the letterbox too!! The highlight of you day when you are unemployed, lol/

Breezie - Congrats on the approval!

Breezie, Congrats on the approval! :)

Vanessa & Astrid, I agree with both of you, Easter does suck here! I didn't even feel like Easter without the holidays, hot cross buns, giant Red Tulip bunnies and giving the kids eggs :( I wanted to get my husbands nephews eggs but the told me they don't give eachother eggs. We did have spiced bun and cheese (is a Jamaican Easter tradition) which was nice. It kinda tasted like hot cross buns.

Oh Vanessa -- I am so sorry to hear about the MIL giving you so much grief!! I can relate as my last MIL was a walking talking nightmare!! Eric's mom is wonderful & after 2 horrors I think I deserve a good one LOL! Vent all you like here as we all need somewhere to vent or we will all go mad!

I missed Easter here -- but Eric's parents got Bek a basket, a hand made rabbit (really cute) and some chocolates....so she was happy..but apparently I was warned that they don't do Easter like we all did...which kinda sucks!

As for me -- no complaints thus far -- not driving is sending me loopy!!! We have kept our food choices fairly simple as there is so much that we are not familiar with or we simply do not know what it is lol. I detest not being able to drive anywhere atm especially as Eric works nights...so through the day when he is sleeping there are things I would like to do but I have to wait until he wakes up so I can run to the store (we live a couple of miles out of town) I am hoping to sit my drivers test tomorrow, I wanted to today but we are currently sitting around waiting on the building inspector to check the post holes we have dug for our deck to be built....more red tape. We ran into a snag with our wedding plans -- the officiant we had been speaking with since January told me via email early this week that she was in fact double booked for the time slot we wanted...so I happily pulled the time forward 4 hours -- only to be told 'oh i have a meeting in Columbus at 9am -- I 'SHOULD' be back in time for 1pm' I about came unglued when I read that...Columbus is 3 hour drive away!! I was not willing to risk her arriving just on 1pm for the ceremony...so we are officiant shopping again with only 5 weeks to go...most are booked out & as one woman politely informed me...she has been booked out for a good 6 months I should have booked earlier....*rolling eyes*

Anyway, I am off to find something to do while we wait LOL...I am so not patient at all.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

Congratulations Breezie that's fantastic news I'm so happy for you (even though I'm a stranger) lol.

I'm on the Gold Coast too - been a week since NOA1 so waiting.....

So how long are you giving yourself to pack up the house? I've had to move out of my rental (the move is this weekend) so have spent the last 2 weeks giving stuff away, selling furniture, having garage sales etc - tis fun - invigorating even. Although if my visa doesnt get approved then ummm well I guess I'll buy new furniture!!

Hi There CareBear,

We wish you well with your application, ours took a lil extra time as my Dad got sick and we had to get an extension but the whole process should only take about six months, its not something that happens overnight... So am a little surprised that you have already started selling stuff off and moved out of your flat as this wont happen in just a few weeks.

I've waited until my visa was approved before i downsize and sell stuff off so next weekend we start the round of garage sales, will start going through the house and sorting stuff to sell, donate or just throw away, as i live in a tiny duplex it shouldnt take that long, we just booked our flights to the US today and we leave June 9th for Tennessee..

If i can help your process in anyway then please dont hesitate to ask, so many gave me help on here i would like to 'pass it forward'. all i can advise you to do is to read the application/forms thouroughly cross you i's and dot your t's...

I bought two Lever ARch files, a bunch of clear plastic sleeves to put in it and kept everything in that, also did one up for Leo as i was the one mainly doing all the paperwork [typical huh] as Ted must have a complete copy of the set of documents that u submit so when doing things make two copies one for each folder. When i arrived for my interview and was called up we saw one gal first who checked that i had bought everything on the interview request list, when i dumped my huge purple lever arch folder on the counter in front of the bullet proof window she said wow you are organised lol, retain copies of your telephone bill, any stubs or boarding passes of travels to visit each other all that evidence is needed and a must. So is any correspondence such as e-mails, letters or cards, photographs together etc..

Here are a few links to help you:

Step-by-Step Guide on How to File for a K-1 Visa for your Foreign Fiance(e):

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=90&t=183541&qpid=3902291

K-1 Process Flowchart:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

US Immigration Dictionary (FAQ Appendix)

Abbreviations and Immigration Terms:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=90&t=183541&qpid=3902291

Feel free to add me as a friend so that you can message me if you need any help.. Cheers and all the best Kaye and Leo :)

Our Timeline

Timeline

Hi There CareBear,

We wish you well with your application, ours took a lil extra time as my Dad got sick and we had to get an extension but the whole process should only take about six months, its not something that happens overnight... So am a little surprised that you have already started selling stuff off and moved out of your flat as this wont happen in just a few weeks.

I've waited until my visa was approved before i downsize and sell stuff off so next weekend we start the round of garage sales, will start going through the house and sorting stuff to sell, donate or just throw away, as i live in a tiny duplex it shouldnt take that long, we just booked our flights to the US today and we leave June 9th for Tennessee..

If i can help your process in anyway then please dont hesitate to ask, so many gave me help on here i would like to 'pass it forward'. all i can advise you to do is to read the application/forms thouroughly cross you i's and dot your t's...

I bought two Lever ARch files, a bunch of clear plastic sleeves to put in it and kept everything in that, also did one up for Leo as i was the one mainly doing all the paperwork [typical huh] as Ted must have a complete copy of the set of documents that u submit so when doing things make two copies one for each folder. When i arrived for my interview and was called up we saw one gal first who checked that i had bought everything on the interview request list, when i dumped my huge purple lever arch folder on the counter in front of the bullet proof window she said wow you are organised lol, retain copies of your telephone bill, any stubs or boarding passes of travels to visit each other all that evidence is needed and a must. So is any correspondence such as e-mails, letters or cards, photographs together etc..

Here are a few links to help you:

Step-by-Step Guide on How to File for a K-1 Visa for your Foreign Fiance(e):

K-1 Process Flowchart:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

US Immigration Dictionary (FAQ Appendix)

Abbreviations and Immigration Terms:

Feel free to add me as a friend so that you can message me if you need any help.. Cheers and all the best Kaye and Leo :)

Awww thanks so much Kaye for the info - this site has been a fantastic source of information so am pretty happy with the way things are going so far.

As for the processing time I knew it would be around the 5-6 months all up. The problem was that while I was with Ted in the US in March my flatmate had a fit and moved out (strange girl to start with). My lease was up end July and I ended up with a large $410 per week 4 beddy house and no motivation to get a stranger in for a short period of time. So it was easier just to sell up everything now and go live with my best friend and her family until the visa is approved and I can move on - saves me a tonne of money and I'm not rattling round the mansion by myself lol.

Love the idea of the lever arch file (and yes I appear to be doing most of the paperwork too). Have got a full copy of the initial petition and will add away to that.

Thanks again for your ideas - very excited for you about having your tickets booked :)

Regards

Carey

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Timeline

(L) Thanks Giggles, Alex and AStrid and everyone for the congrats.. its been a long journey to get this far but its well worth it, now we only have just over a month to go through my house and sell off, donate, give away stuff, we booked our flights back to the USA today, Poor Leo is getting so homesick [he has been here since December 10th] plus his six month Aussie Visitor Visa expires June 10th so we are booked to depart for Tennessee June 9th, the lady at Virgin Australia was fantastic, let us change his departing flight to match mine for just $250 money well spent as i do not want to fly out of here on my own.

I wish everyone well with their applications, just dont be too impatient as it can take longer than you think, after all you are dealing with beaurocratic red tape at times..

Cheers Kaye and Leo

Our Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Breezie, Congrats on the approval! :)

Vanessa & Astrid, I agree with both of you, Easter does suck here! I didn't even feel like Easter without the holidays, hot cross buns, giant Red Tulip bunnies and giving the kids eggs :( I wanted to get my husbands nephews eggs but the told me they don't give eachother eggs. We did have spiced bun and cheese (is a Jamaican Easter tradition) which was nice. It kinda tasted like hot cross buns.

You guys are starting to make me think that my guy is going to hate it here. All I hear from everyone who comes over here from Australia (Ham has a friend who did the k3 process last year that I talk to about it) is about how they hate America.

Did any of you guys explain to your husbands and their family what the Australian traditions are? Maybe then you would have gotten some eggs. Here Easter is for the kids. You give them their Easter basket and then they go hunting for eggs. Then you have a nice dinner. You don't really do anything for the adults for easter. Which is probably why no one got you anything because they didn't know to do it.

I've already asked Ham about the holiday traditions from Aussie that he likes to do so we can try and incorporate them into the ones we do here. Because I know that trying to find a balance between the two is important but as I didn't grow up there I won't know what he usually does unless he tells me. Though at the same time once he gets here we're going to have our own family who can have our own new traditions just for us. It doesn't have to be what his family does or my family does but what our family does.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything but I'm one of the very few American's in this group here. And it bothers me hearing about how much everyone thinks America sucks. The way I see it...you guys had a choice to either have your guy move there, you move here, or to break up. You guys chose to move to a different country to be with your S/O. So now you have another choice....to make the best of it and try to merge the two cultures so both of you are happy or to constantly say how much you hate it here until you slowly begin to resent your S/O.

Maybe it's just the military brat in me with having grown up in about five different countries so I've learned how to adapt to different cultures. I don't see the point in stressing all the things you don't like about where you're at. I think it's better to look at all the things you love about your new place.

Again....sorry if this bothers anyone. I'm just saying how it would feel from the American side of this whole Aussie/American connection.

~~~~~Ham + Bacon~~~~~

09-10-03 - Met online

10-31-03 - Started dating

09-30-06 - Broke things off Ham wasn't ready for immigration (stayed friends)

12-03-08 - Began dating again...after a certain someone finally realized I was right in what I had been telling him for 2 years. (Had to add that :P )

12-03-08 - Unofficially engaged :)

K1 Visa

10-19-2009 - Sent I-129F to VCS

10-21-2009 - Check cashed

10-22-2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy

10-23-2009 - Touched

01-22-2010 - NOA2

02-04-2010 - Received Package 3

02-22-2010 - Ham finally went to get his medical done

02-24-2010 - Received the all clear on the medical

03-13-2010 - Submitted paperwork for police check

03-25-2010 - Received the Police Check

04-06-2010 - Submitting the P3 to Consulate

04-11-2010 - Received P4

05-04-2010 - Interview! - Needed more evidence of relationship. :( Emailed pics and email convos one hour later.

05-05-2010 - Approved!!!!!!

05-06-2010 - VISA IN HAND!!!!!!

06-09-2010 - POE - LAX (Official Proposal!!!)

07-10-2010 - Wedding :D

AOS

08-31-2010 - Mailed off AOS

09-02-2010 - Packet Received

09-09-2010 - NOA1 Emails - AOS, EAD, AP

09-14-2010 - NOA1 Hard Copies - AOS, EAD, AP

10-04-2010 - Biometrics (AOS and EAD)

11-03-2010 - Email and Text that EAD and AP were approved

11-05-2010 - Email and Text that EAD was sent on for production of card.

11-09-2010 - Email and Text that notice regarding EAD was sent (EAD card, hopefully?)

11-30-2010 - AOS Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.