sweet_peach

Sunday.... Sunday

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I can't stand Folgers or Maxwell house. I'm actually jealous of those who like it since it's so much more economical compared to Peet's which is what I always end up buying at the store. I used to know this Italian guy and I wish I had paid attention to the type of coffee he bought 'cause when he made it in this little tin looking pot it was soooo awesome! I think it was a type of expresso but it came in a can and you could get it in the normal grocery store.

I'm depressed because I can't do enough around the house. I can't wait for this Cymbalta to kick in. It just took me 1/2 hour to wash pots and pans because I had to take breaks in between scrubbing each pan since my hands cramp up so much. I wish I could wiggle my nose like in bewitched and everything in my house would be totally organized and clean.

On the bright side it's sunny and nice here today and I can't wait to spend the afternoon with my husband once he gets home from work! I want to go shopping for some spring-like duvet covers for our rooms. (I also want to convince him to paint our room a creamy pearl color but I think that'll have to wait until school's done)

Where does everyone buy their towels? I have a craving for nice soft thirsty towels...the kind where you can't wait to take a shower 'cause you can't wait to get into that towel, you know? I've searched online at macy's, the company store and some other areas but I just don't know. Every time I buy a towel it falls apart in like 6 months or so and I'm not just getting cheapo ones at Target either!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
I can't stand Folgers or Maxwell house. I'm actually jealous of those who like it since it's so much more economical compared to Peet's which is what I always end up buying at the store. I used to know this Italian guy and I wish I had paid attention to the type of coffee he bought 'cause when he made it in this little tin looking pot it was soooo awesome! I think it was a type of expresso but it came in a can and you could get it in the normal grocery store.

I'm depressed because I can't do enough around the house. I can't wait for this Cymbalta to kick in. It just took me 1/2 hour to wash pots and pans because I had to take breaks in between scrubbing each pan since my hands cramp up so much. I wish I could wiggle my nose like in bewitched and everything in my house would be totally organized and clean.

On the bright side it's sunny and nice here today and I can't wait to spend the afternoon with my husband once he gets home from work! I want to go shopping for some spring-like duvet covers for our rooms. (I also want to convince him to paint our room a creamy pearl color but I think that'll have to wait until school's done)

Where does everyone buy their towels? I have a craving for nice soft thirsty towels...the kind where you can't wait to take a shower 'cause you can't wait to get into that towel, you know? I've searched online at macy's, the company store and some other areas but I just don't know. Every time I buy a towel it falls apart in like 6 months or so and I'm not just getting cheapo ones at Target either!

the coffee he uses could be ferrara espresso or cafe bustelo espresso. It is inexpensive, like $3 a can. funny, i actually got my first espresso percolator (the tin you mentioned) in the italian section of boston. It wasnt very expensive, like $15. You put espresso in the cup, then put water on the bottom and screw the lid on, then you cook it on very low heat until it bubbles over. Another option for middle eastern style coffee is to just get a little turkish coffee pot with a handle, those are very inexpensive also and then cook turkish coffee, they usually sell middle eastern or israeli brands of turkish coffee in the kosher section around here.

I buy expensive egyptian towels and they get majorly beat up within a year. i think it is that i dont wash them with care. i think because they are towels i can bleach them and clean them on heavy load but actually i think you are supposed to treat them more delicately. maybe the cheap ones can be washed that way!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey all - happy sunday!

Bridget...sounds like Cafe Bustelo, which is a Cuban coffee...excellent - very rich! But cheapo! :dance: In regards to towels, I actually bought some egyptian cotton towels 4 years ago at walmart...and about 6 mos ago they finally started falling apart. It was amazing! They went through the ringer with my old washer and dryer, which used to eat up everything. So, I'd say give them a shot. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I have expensive and cheap towels and never had a problem with either one. I don't do anything special except I don't wash them each time I use them. It causes to much wear and tear and isn't cost effective. I insist everyone hang their towel to dry and then wash them all once a week. My towels have lasted years this way, even the cheap ones. So long as you properly hang them and air them, then there is no problem using the same one through the week. My family has always done this and it works great.

One time I had a roomate who lived with me, she had a son (6 years old) and later her mother stayed with us for awhile. I noticed my towels (and hers) were getting thrown on the floor each day and they kept washing them all the time. It drove me crazy because I have like 20 towels and they would all be dirty within 3 days. I put my foot down by having her son help me label all the towel racks with everyone's name. Then I insisted everyone hang their towel and at least wait a few days before using another one. My friend's son helped me to keep the discipline on this and it helped a lot. He enjoyed his responsibility that allowed him to tell the adults what to do, lol.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.