Bulgarican

August 2008 fillers

1,605 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Maliciant - I will be contacting you when it's AOS time.

Yikes!!! Your AOS is going to be more complicated than mine, if for no other reason than you have kids, but overall don't worry, most of it is not too complicated, there are just some goofball things in the docs that make a few things look confusing (until you figure out it's a butterfly type format, and that a two part question started at the bottom on the left and continued at the top right... STUPID!!!!)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Dont worry about AOS what matters is you wont wait alone but with your wife/husband and other family :)

I guess HD is in USA already, she must have left yesterday 7th anyone have news?

Edited by Leo and Lioness
as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

HD has left already?? I thought she was going at the end of May, no??

Well I hope we hear from her soon. I bet she's so excited.

Hey guys.. I HAVE MY VISA!! :dancing: It arrived in my passport this morning. Feels awesome.

How is Mara doing? Any news?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Grats gemmie, sadly we have heard nothing and have no news, oh well that's life I suppose.

On the positive we are off to visit Boston this weekend should be fun

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

How long does it take to tracel from Boston-DC? It would be cool to visit.

We all have everything crossed for you..

ps - Museum of Science in Boston = amazing if you like science! :P

Edited by Gemmie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Only an hour too fly add on about 30mins of taxi'ing and your there, was an easy flight.

I do like the science so I may have to check that out.

In response to the April thread, I thought you had to live together as a married couple for 6months to do cr-1 visas, I can't stay here legally that long and he can't give up his time to move to australia so I'm not sure that is an option for us. Though if that's not the case maybe I should do some research...

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Wow, quick travel. :)

My bad for not knowing the details about the CR-1 and the 6 months living together rule.

I know that there is a visa available in the U.K for unmarried partners so originally me and Bill jumped at the chance - getting to live together as boyfriend and girlfriend, yes! Then we saw that there was a 2 year living-together-abroad requirement; but you need a visa to be able to spend 2 years together! So it seems silly. That's when we opted for the K1 which is the only thing available for singles who want to be together (since work visas are just too damn hard to get).

The K3 would be available but that can take up to a year anyway so you might as well stick with the K1 attempt? It must be so difficult for you.. please tell us the moment you get good news!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Wow, quick travel. :)

My bad for not knowing the details about the CR-1 and the 6 months living together rule.

I know that there is a visa available in the U.K for unmarried partners so originally me and Bill jumped at the chance - getting to live together as boyfriend and girlfriend, yes! Then we saw that there was a 2 year living-together-abroad requirement; but you need a visa to be able to spend 2 years together! So it seems silly. That's when we opted for the K1 which is the only thing available for singles who want to be together (since work visas are just too damn hard to get).

The K3 would be available but that can take up to a year anyway so you might as well stick with the K1 attempt? It must be so difficult for you.. please tell us the moment you get good news!

My bad? I keep hearing that...maybe I'm an oldster now. LOL!

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

DCF (Direct Consular Filing) requires only 6 months living in a country, as a resident, not 6 months living as a couple, at least as I understand it (so you can't just be there on a visitor visa). It's kind of like skipping the steps all the way past NVC and starting at the embassy as I understand it. DCF is only faster IF you are already qualified to do it, otherwise it's most likely slower to meet the qualifications.

I definitely agree that the AOS wait is no big deal, it could take a year and it's OK, you are with your spouse, however, it could definitely be stressful waiting on the EAD if the AOS doesn't finish fast, because face it, a person can only take so much sitting around the house, especially in a new country where they don't have many (or any) friends, and no real easy options for meeting more such as when you are in school or have a job etc.

We had some fun storms roll through this morning, lots of wind damage, there were a few tornados but apparently they weren't any more serious than the wind itself (the steady wind was already gusting as much as a small tornado EVERYWHERE so an actual tornado would have to be pretty powerful to be too significant).

Gemmie - I think HD is gone, she ran away to the States! hahahahaha! she had eloped!

I have a few days more till I elope as well.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi August filers

TOmorrow's my Big day, im looking forward to it just a little nervous :star:

Edited by shefellfromheaven

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

I'm happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOODLUCK and advanced congratulations

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.