Serendipity_

MARCH APPROVAL's, Let's do NVC together

847 posts in this topic

I quit!!! I need to stop calling NVC and let my husband do it before I go crazy!!! :angry:

Just finished talking to an operator and confirmed which is the right date May 21 or May 22.. She said May 21 but when I asked when they would send it to Manila Embassy, she started to drive me nuts!!

She said "It is not yet sent to the embassy. We will just send it once the interview has been confirmed and scheduled". So I said, is the May 21 interview sched confirmed though? She answered me with "YES".. :wacko: Then she said, you case is not even in our hands yet.. :wacko: Making me more confused than I already am.. :bonk:

Edited by CaNdiD wiTcH

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline
Hang in there folks, NVC is getting a slew of cases that the service centers are now working on again. Also, the new system at NVC has a number of kinks that need to be fixed.

Someone earlier posted that they see the IV bill available to be paid online, but the operator tells them not to pay it. LISTEN to the operator. If you pay the bill, your case will end up in a pile of cases that have one system saying the bill is paid and another that says its not paid. You will then need a supervisor to clean this up. A number of people paid without the operator confirming it was ok too, and have been waiting for a couple of weeks to get it resolved.

Q, do u think this applies to me and those who have their cover sheets already? Did ARuba have her cover sheet for IV bill when her mess started?

I think she had it. If I remmember well she said that sent both packets AOS & DS-230 and found the problem when she started getting e-mails asking to pay the IV bill. I'm not sure but this is what I recall from her posts. Maybe she can confirm it.

Aruuuubbbaaaa where are you....?? :)

ALIVE BARELY, REALLY PISSED BUT STILL HERE,

Hang in there folks, NVC is getting a slew of cases that the service centers are now working on again. Also, the new system at NVC has a number of kinks that need to be fixed.

Someone earlier posted that they see the IV bill available to be paid online, but the operator tells them not to pay it. LISTEN to the operator. If you pay the bill, your case will end up in a pile of cases that have one system saying the bill is paid and another that says its not paid. You will then need a supervisor to clean this up. A number of people paid without the operator confirming it was ok too, and have been waiting for a couple of weeks to get it resolved.

Q, do u think this applies to me and those who have their cover sheets already? Did ARuba have her cover sheet for IV bill when her mess started?

Yes Aruba had the same thing happen to her, the one difference was the operator told her that the bill had been generated so she paid it, but in reality it had not been generated. Getting your cover sheet is indication that one system acknowledges that the bill can be paid, however a second system needs to reflect that the bill had been generated. If the second system does not generate the bill, and the first system updates the bill status to PAID, the second system will never update to show that the bill has been paid, and this is where the mess begins. Your case is now out of the natural flow at NVC, and will require a supervisor to get it back on track.

Confirm with NVC operators a couple of times that the IV Bill has been generated before paying it. If you pay it online it usually takes 1 day to change the status to PAID. You are better off waiting the extra day to get this done, versus rushing through this and ending up waiting for 2 weeks at the tail end because your case is in limbo between two NVC systems.

THAT IS RIGHT I paid my AOS bill on 10th of feb, 11th of feb i went back to check status still pending, then my IV bill was ready to be paid or atleast accesible, it was not before, so I called NVC and asked has it been generated, can I pay it, YES, GO AHEAD!

So i did pay it on feb 11th,

On Feb 12th they both showed up paid, i printed the barcoded sheets and receipts and i noticed something odd with receipt it said paid 0.00

but i had the barcode, i called and asked they said it was nothing

So then we took some time to have the rest of the paperwork ready

and then i went back to print another copy and it said unpaid, this is after we mailed our packages

So i called and said to them this is going on but i paid it I have proof i did

they said let me look noticed it showed up on the first screen unpaid but on the receipt screen paid

this was then send to be reviewed by supervisor, i talked to the supervisor directly

who turned and told me i paid it to soon, i said i been told by your staff to pay it

She said that was wrong, you paid it to soon

how you know, up to this point and we don't know why your IV bil never got generated

i REPEAT "NEVER GOT GENERATED"

so we where stuck for review and supervisors

in march 3 my papers hit the system

but i guess laid by the side because of the problem

and i got news 22 DAYS LATER, I have a stupid RFE!!!!

RFE missing police cert that went in the package so they lost it

and a stupid mistake on the DS230 because i did not write present and went all the way to birth, but i was in that house till past my 16th i have to write on the day i turn 16 this is ridicules

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I think she had it. If I remmember well she said that sent both packets AOS & DS-230 and found the problem when she started getting e-mails asking to pay the IV bill. I'm not sure but this is what I recall from her posts. Maybe she can confirm it.

Yes Aruba had the same thing happen to her, the one difference was the operator told her that the bill had been generated so she paid it, but in reality it had not been generated. Getting your cover sheet is indication that one system acknowledges that the bill can be paid, however a second system needs to reflect that the bill had been generated. If the second system does not generate the bill, and the first system updates the bill status to PAID, the second system will never update to show that the bill has been paid, and this is where the mess begins. Your case is now out of the natural flow at NVC, and will require a supervisor to get it back on track.

Confirm with NVC operators a couple of times that the IV Bill has been generated before paying it. If you pay it online it usually takes 1 day to change the status to PAID. You are better off waiting the extra day to get this done, versus rushing through this and ending up waiting for 2 weeks at the tail end because your case is in limbo between two NVC systems.

THAT IS RIGHT I paid my AOS bill on 10th of feb, 11th of feb i went back to check status still pending, then my IV bill was ready to be paid or atleast accesible, it was not before, so I called NVC and asked has it been generated, can I pay it, YES, GO AHEAD!

On Feb 12th they both showed up paid, i printed the barcoded sheets and receipts and i noticed something odd with receipt it said paid 0.00

and then i went back to print another copy and it said unpaid, this is after we mailed our packages

they said let me look noticed it showed up on the first screen unpaid but on the receipt screen paid

this was then send to be reviewed by supervisor, i talked to the supervisor directly

who turned and told me i paid it to soon, i said i been told by your staff to pay it

how you know, up to this point and we don't know why your IV bil never got generated

and a stupid mistake on the DS230 because i did not write present and went all the way to birth, but i was in that house till past my 16th i have to write on the day i turn 16 this is ridicules

Thanks for the detailed explanation Aruba. Hugs for u sweetieeeeeee...u've been thru hell and back!! I am off to bed, it's past midnite :wacko: Enough of me worrying and stressing over NVC. I will take CNT's advice though I am not sure how much it will help: Warm milk coming right up with sprinkles of karma stars on the side :star::star::star:

Good nite everyone. See u tomorrow.

Edited by GS4EVER

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

Timeline

TO VERIFY, I PAID AFTER AN OPERATOR TOLD ME TO!!!

EVEN AFTER I WAS CONCEARNED when i made the payment and the actually called them right after

because it did not state pending right after i paid it

they said don't worry about it we received the payment, it did go true

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Timeline

Thanks for the detailed explanation Aruba. Hugs for u sweetieeeeeee...u've been thru hell and back!! I am off to bed, it's past midnite :wacko: Enough of me worrying and stressing over NVC. I will take CNT's advice though I am not sure how much it will help: Warm milk coming right up with sprinkles of karma stars on the side :star::star::star:

Good nite everyone. See u tomorrow.

THANks

WARM MILK & SOME HONEY IF YOU HAVE

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Can someone please tell me what happens once the case is approved at CSC/VSC? I know the case goes to NVC, but what do we need to do therE? I couldn't find a step by step guide to the next process. Can someone please point me to that?

thanks

Timeline
Can someone please tell me what happens once the case is approved at CSC/VSC? I know the case goes to NVC, but what do we need to do therE? I couldn't find a step by step guide to the next process. Can someone please point me to that?

thanks

this may help

or read the whole forum

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...he_NVC_ShortCut

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Aruba, It’s really sad to note that you had not get your case completed yet,,, Do you take the K3 route now and later back for the CR1 interview?

I want also try to change my interview to Philippines, when I’m now going to spend some time there ,, but I had got information that it’s not so easy to change, it’s up to each office.. I think it’s easier for me to get an appointment in Sweden than Manila, because here in Swe very few visa cases.. So I need probably travel back from Philippines to Stockholm in May to do the interview there..

I now wait for my interview date,, If I had done my K3 route I had been in US for a month ago, but NVC had send me 3 False RFE, even if all paper were in order and all were original. So I had never need to send in any new documents to NVC. The last RFE come a day after that my case was completed, they told me they are missing all my orginal documents,,, ,,,, Later when I called the operator, she told me my case was completed and I could ignore the RFE...

Anyway, I wish you the best I really hope things solve well for you now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Aruba, you poor thing! Let's hope that the rest of the process is smooth for you... from the sound of everyone's progress (or lack there of) at the NVC, I am not really sure I even want them to give us a case number right now. :unsure:

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox: February 19, 2009

NOA1: February 26, 2009

NOA2: March 17, 2009 (19 days after NOA1)

Received NOA2 in mail: March 21, 2009

NVC:

Entered into System: April 3, 2009 (17 days after NOA2)

Case Number Obtained (from AVR): April 4, 2009

Gave E-mail Addresses to Representative: April 6, 2009

Applied for Expedite via E-mail (Auto Response Received): April 8, 2009

DS3032 and AOS (I-864) Fee Bill Generated (Received via E-mail): April 8, 2009

Invoice ID # Assigned/Paid AOS Bill (Online Status: IN PROCESS): April 8, 2009

AOS (I-864) Fee Shows "PAID"/Cover Sheet Available: April 9, 2009

Mailed DS3032 Via FedEx Priority Overnight: April 9, 2009

AVR indicates that DS3032 was received: April 10, 2009 (allow 4-6 weeks to process)

AVR indicates that DS3032 was accepted: April 14, 2009

Received IV Fee Agent Letter (via E-mail)/IV (DS-230) Fee Bill Generated: April 14, 2009

Paid IV (DS-230) Bill (Online Status: IN PROCESS): April 14, 2009

Mailed AOS (I-864) Package via FedEx Priority Overnight: April 14, 2009

IV (DS-230) Fee Shows "PAID"/Cover Sheet Available: April 15, 2009

Mailed IV (DS-230) Package via FedEx Priority Overnight: April 15, 2009

RFE Issued (Confirmed by Representative) for Police Certificate: April, 24, 2009

RFE Checklist/E-mail Generated: April 28, 2009

RFE package returned to NVC via FedEx Priority Overnight: May 4, 2009

RFE package review begins (per AVR): May 7, 2009

Case Complete: May 22, 2009

Italian Consulate (Naples):

Medical Appointment: July 7, 2009

Interview: July 8, 2009 VISA APPROVED AND IN HAND

POE Detroit: July 29, 2009 at 9:05pm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Aruba - sorry to hear about all your troubles @ NVC.

On a brighter note Your interview is a few days away and you will be in the US reunited with hubby really soon.

Good Luck!!!

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Timeline

thanks everyonse, since my cr-1 willnot reach embassy in time

i stolling on it and will send revised ds230 and copy of poli cert when i am in us

no need to pay fedex fees from aruba for that

and will try to request change of embassy before i do so!

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
DS 3032 update: Hubby called this morning and was informed that our choice of agent was forwarded to the Supervisor for review??!!!

I know the system has problems generating the AOS and DS3032 on our case and iour case was forwarded to the Supervisor to manually send us an email.

Hoping same is the case with the Ds 3032 being reviewd such that she can generate IV bill.... :unsure:

Update: I called NVC and they now inform me that contrary to yesterdays info, it is my AOS that is currently being reviewed. They do not show receipt of DS3032 :unsure:

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

HELLO EVERYONE,

IT SEEMS i POST ON THE OTHER FORUM...AND MISS WHATS REALLY GOING ON WHICH GETS POSTED TO THIS FORUM.... QUESTION, WHY THE TWO DIFFERENT ONES SINCE ITS TEH SAME PEOPLE POSTING...

UPDATE ON MY CASE:

WAITING FOR THE DS3032 TO BE ACCEPTED TO PAY THE aos BILL

AND NOW i'M READING THAT THOSE TWO CAN BE SENT TOGETHER.

THE AOS AND IV BILL INFO...

DON'T KNOW IF THAT REALLY HELPS OR NOT. OR IF THAT HELPS AVOID RFE...

qUE, WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THAT?

THANKS GUYS,mAYRA

CR1 ---------> APPROVED MARCH 9, 2009

K3 ~~~~~~> APPROVED MARCH 9, 2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys I got my DS 3032 e-mailed to me today and I am sending it today so hopefully they will receieve tomorrow and input in the system sometime monday. Still No word on my AOS bill as rep tells me it may be 4-6 weeks. #######?

11-01-2008 Application of I - 130

12-02-2009 NOA 1 Receieved

03-03-2009 NOA 2 Receieved approving I - 130

03-19-2009 NVC case number assigned

03/26/2009 DS 3032

03/26/2009 DS 3032 Sent

03/29/2009 AOS Bill Generated

03/29/2009 AOS Bill PAID

04/24/2009 Case Complete

05/12/2009 Interview date assigned

06/15/2009 Interview at BOMBAY CONSULATE HURRAAAYYYYY

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Update: hubby's DS 230 and civil docs arrived at lawyer's office today. His assistant is working on finalizing things for us. Both AOS/IV packets should go out in the same envelop either tomorrow or Monday. Hoping they are at NVC by March 31st. Let's see if I can be as lucky as Candid and Seren in securing an interview in May. At least I can rest this weekend. At this point there is nothing else for us to do but let things take their course...hopefully no RFEs and a quick case complete at NVC. Wishing on karma stars :star::star::star::star:

Edited by GS4EVER

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.