71 posts in this topic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You should go to your interview like others have suggested. In the mean time try to get you a medical appt. If you choose not to go to the interview that may be a grave mistake. My fiance's sister had her interview before her medical and they held the visa until after the results were cleared. Hope this helped!!! :star::star:

Okay so here is our story. We checked off we have our medical b/c we were goign to get in a week before in Joburg and we thought there wasn't a doctor in Cape Town so guess what there is. So now we have no medical and an interview date for Mon 9th. I called yesterday and they said call them after the medical, now they send an email that says we have a date. WHAT DO I DO??? I AM SICK and have no one to talk to. I feel like this is my fault, what are the chances they'll reschedule him?

Timeline:

03/15/08- Met online

01/03/09- Met in person for the first time.

01/15/09- Got engaged

02/18/09- Sent I-129F

02/20/09- Recieved at Vermont Service Center

02/23/09- NOA 1

02/24/09- Check cashed

02/27/09- NOA 1 Recieved hard copy in mail

07/04/09-NOA 2

08/08/09-NOA 2 Recieved hard copy in mail

09/15/09- Medical taken Sputum test required

9/22-9/24-Sputum Testing(Results negative) Now the wait begins for the culture results

11/24/09-Praise God Sputum culture negative......told to report to St Lukes for immunizations.

12/03/09- Medical Exam Passed and complete.

12/15/09- Interview Passed!!!! Visa Approved!! Praise be to God!!!

12/24/09- Visa in Hand

12/30/09- POE- JFK

02/22/10- Married

If God be for me who can be against me!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
So what do you recommend? Just go with no medical? I feel like I have messed up the whole process b/c I checked medical STUPID MISTAKE!

Do you have any other options? Or do you think that they will give you another interview if you just decide not to show up?

OMG, as if I have not made it clear :wacko:

For the third time: GO TO THE INTERVIEW WITHOUT THE MEDICAL.

They will deal with it at that time and give you your options.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

!st thing is...Go outside and smoke yourself absolutley sh*faced with the best Gnaja that you can find.

Once you've calmed down, then make your medical appointment ASAP, then go to your interview as planned (like EVERYBODY here is telling you :bonk: ), forget about your caseworker, and all will probably be well (granting of visa will merely be delayed until medical results are received. Chill!!! What's the worst that can happen??? The worst is, they can do you Sierra Leone style (war era) and cut your hands off ("short sleeves or long sleeves?" :devil: ) so can't vote when you get here (Believe that, and I can get you the Brooklyn Bridge for a great price). :innocent:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Im not this far into the visa process yet...but i do know that calling them is the best way to get your options. others here my know by experience, but its good to do everything possible to check for yourself. you can not possibly be the first person to make such a mistake. they must have an option for you, even if it means having to wait a bit longer for another interview date. I suggest you call them to say exactly what happend -and they may just offer you the same advice. Still go to your interview, but at least then you can say you tried everything yourself to fix it....not just by crying on these posts and getting advice from strangers. EVERYONES PROCESS/SITUATION IS NOT THE SAME. so do your best to verify these things on your own account. :yes:

Filed: Other Country: Cameroon
Timeline

How can she not get it, any clearer and it will be called transparency, OH MY GOD!!

You were very clear to begin with, I would at least have said thank you!

She is so anxious/nervous she can read but can't process it.

I will thank you on her behalf!

Smile everyone.. :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

zee bee

well all i wanted to say and give you as an advise is what ZEE BEE already said so if you're still confused try to read his reply 100 times and right it down 10 times and let us know if your convinced that its alright still and all u gotta do is to have him schedule an apointement for his medical test ASAP.

AOS time line:

March 9, 2009... EAD ordered.

March 14, 2009... Received EAD Card.

March 16, 2009... AOS approved.

March 28, 2009... Green card received.

For more info. check out our time line!

There is only one happiness in life... to love and be loved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

I found this rather interesting.

I finished everything in my checklist as well, and that did not include a medical appointment scheduled. In fact, I had called every single doctor on the list given to me by the consulate (granted, this is in Singapore) and they ALL told me that they needed an interview date BEFORE they could schedule me an appointment with them. However, to obtain said interview date, the checklist should've been sent in prior.

So who's to say who's really in the wrong here, or who really made a mistake?

I'm not sure if it works the same way in SA anyway, just stating my own experience.

My interview was scheduled merely a few days AFTER my medical, which I hurriedly arranged for once I received my interview date in the mail. Needless to say my medical was not at the consulate on the day of my interview. What happened was that the interview was conducted as scheduled, but I was told to go back a week later, and my approval was put on hold until my medical report came through.

So what I'm saying is, go for your interview anyway. Don't panic, that's the worst thing you can do. Be confident in yourself, and in your decisions. If you believe you made a mistake and if your medical is AFTER your interview, just tell them the truth. If you tell them the truth and they don't like it, they will still consider your application to be an intending immigrant.

If you lie, it's game over.

Good luck :)

- P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
dont drink or smoke anything crazy b4 the interview or medical

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.