gethere

PLEASE HELP I'M IN TEARS!

71 posts in this topic

I am not trying to say anything about Visajourney I am panicked. I am not being mean or not taking advice. I have no idea about all this stuff and I am beating myself up so maybe I shouldn't get on here if I will get beat up just the same. This process isn't easy and my heart is breaking so advice is great, but judgment not needed, people make mistakes.

I see what you wrote, but I have taken advice on here that has screwed me before. I guess I am looking for someone who has had this happen. It is a huge deal b/c we have spoken to our case worker and he is mad very mad. So we screwed up and I don't think he wants us to come without a medical.

I'm sorry, I'm not judging you, but really would like to know in what instance VJ advice was negative to your outcome? In all fairness, you signed the checklist signaling you were fully prepared for the interview when you had no medical done or even scheduled...i.e you lied, resulting in your problem at hand. Now, you've received very good advice on how to fix your problem, namely from Zee Bee, yet you seem to be ignoring the very good plan of action outlined by her?

You're not the first, and I'm sure you'll not be the last person who had an interview scheduled before they had their medical done. It is a fixable issue. Please read through the advice you've received here and rationally/calmly devise your own plan of action. Good luck :thumbs:

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Our papers were sent only on Tues DHL and they said they should be there Fri? Not to worry about anything else or anything, but has anyone used them? When they say Fri should they be there Fri? Thanks sorry guys I am a mess

Also we didn't lie that we had everything. We saw arrange a medical and we were in the process, we assumed arrange meant ARRANGE not have it done.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Our papers were sent only on Tues DHL and they said they should be there Fri? Not to worry about anything else or anything, but has anyone used them? When they say Fri should they be there Fri? Thanks sorry guys I am a mess

Also we didn't lie that we had everything. We saw arrange a medical and we were in the process, we assumed arrange meant ARRANGE not have it done.

Do you have the tracking #?

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i'm confused... what process is there in arranging the medical? if you had arranged it then surely there would be no problem?

Filed: Other Country: Cyprus
Timeline
Okay so here is our story. We checked off we have our medical b/c we were goign to get in a week before in Joburg and we thought there wasn't a doctor in Cape Town so guess what there is. So now we have no medical and an interview date for Mon 9th. I called yesterday and they said call them after the medical, now they send an email that says we have a date. WHAT DO I DO??? I AM SICK and have no one to talk to. I feel like this is my fault, what are the chances they'll reschedule him?

Dry your tears, its OK. People make mistakes all the time, you won't have been the first and you won't be the last. My parent's embassy told them that they can call as soon as they get their interveiw date and change it to something more convenient when ever they want to. Of course each embassy is different but I am sure if you call them explain you made a mistake and ask them if you should attend the interveiw and then do the medical or reschedule the interveiw , they will advise you of what to do. Its not punishable by execution or anything and they won't penalise you for it, they are human beings! When I went through my immigration process for me, I was still in the British Army and they bent over backwards to accommodate me! It may cause a delay it might not, these people know how important this is to you and they also know how stressed everyone is. Just make the call and don't stress over it.

My Journey for my Parents ) IR5

(Please note we have taken our time and we could have gone faster with the NVC)

I have 2 petitions running at the same time, I have not posted 2 sets of dates because they have been processed either together or a few days of each other.

Beneficiaries Embassy-Cyprus

I-130 sent 2008-09-27 to Vermont

NOA1 received 2008-10-03

Transfered to California 2 weeks before approval

NOA2 received 2009-01-14

Received at NVC 2009-1-16

I 864 bill/DS3032 received 2009-1-22

I-864 invoiced online 2009-1-22

I-864 paid online 2009-01-31

DS3032 received at NVC by mail from parents 2009-02-13

IV fee invoiced online and paid 2009-02-15

Returned I-864 2009-02-16

I 864 entered into system 2009- 02-26

I864 reveiwed and approved-2009-03-03

DS 230 and documents sent 2009-03-27

IV packet delivered to NVC 2009-03-30

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

OP: Im making an assumption that you are in the US.

I would suggest to you to CALM DOWN, to TCUP ( Think Correctly Under Pressure) and read thru the post once again. You cant solve all this problems from thousands of miles. Let your SO be active , Call and schedule the medicals , Go for the interview as Zee Bee and the rest advice. then medicals after the interview . Im not sure if you are given the envelope containing the results to take to the embessy like in our case. If thats the case you can always call and let them know you have the result with you.Your SO i bet can handle the situation well.

Out of experience i saw a lady told at the ( Nairobi, Kenya embassy) to pick her visa once she completed her immunizations. It wasn't a big deal. I think your SO ( An adult of sound mind) can handle this , you only need to be patient, all will be well.

Edited by shefellfromheaven

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

OMG I've never posted anywhere else but my usual forum. WOW, getthere you are really panicking. Just to piggyback on what every single person is saying: "GO TO THE FREAKIN INTERVIEW""!!!!!! I think that your "caseworker" is just making it harder for you by making it seem like the world is going to to come crashing down if you don't have the medical. Look at this way your petition has already been approved by the United States Immigration so getting the visa should be the easy part. Now granted I don't know how they operate in South Africa but they are all employees of the U.S. so the process should be the same. Go to the appt. tell them the situation and deal with it then. Not going to the appt is going to cause you more problems and by the way you are freaking out about this you should probably do the easiest route so that you can avoid any further delays. Wow you need a drink, girl. :wow: Cheer up Buttercup. This time next year you will have forgot about all this because your baby will be here..........

Edited by ShaNette

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

As we Project Managers always say, "Make your Plan, Work your Plan"

Do not let anything allow you to deviate from your Plan. Minor bump in the road, go to the interview, when they ask, tell them of the mistake and what you have already done to rectify the situation. YOU are in control here; it is your Plan.

I have read of a lot of folks who had their medical performed after the interview.

You have worked this hard to get this far, DO NOT allow anyone to derail the effort.

You both want this, you will get this, you both will be happy.

Now, go forth and get that Visa. I am sure your next report will be a joyous one.

Phil

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Email the consulate about the mistake with ur medical and get ur interview re-scheduled - if they do not reply before the interview date then go to the interview with whatever you have.

They will re-schedule the interview.

Must say that was pretty dumb of U.

Good luck

N-400 Time

sheesh...need to take a valium and mellow..your over-reaction is based on piss poor planning....having a series of panic attacks, will do you no good.

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No crying, CALL to the consulate and re-schedule your interwiev. But first get date for your medical so you know when you can have another interview. Good luck to you, I hope everything will be ok.

March 2004 we met:)

December 31, 2007 he proposed

I-129F Sent : 2008-05-28

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-06-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-10-07

Interview Date : 2008-12-11

Visa Received : 2008-12-19

US Entry : 2008-12-25

Marriage : 2009-01-09

AOS/EAD

AOS Sent: 2009-03-04

Applied for SSN: 2009-03-06

Received SSN: 2009-03-14

NOA for I-485 and I-765: 2009-03-12

Bio. Appt. : 2009-04-04

No crying, CALL to the consulate and re-schedule your interwiev. But first get date for your medical so you know when you can have another interview. Good luck to you, I hope everything will be ok.

I agree. Make your medical appointment today and find out when you can expect the results - after you know this you really only have 2 options:

1) go Monday without medical results and tell they you were confused and see if they will believe you

2) reschedule the interview for a date after you will have the results from the medical

Either way they will know you were not organized (or you lied). There is no getting around this at this point. Loads of people send the checklist back before they have had the medical so that they are further ahead in the queue for an interview BUT you should have followed up and had one in the meantime. You could be together soon if you get on with this process - but as sooooo many people have already said - you need to DEAL WITH THIS NOW. No point in freaking out!!

***Naturalization ***

Submitted N-400: Dec 30, 2015
USPS Delivery Confirmation:
Direct Debit processed: Jan 5, 2015
NOA: Jan 9, 2015
Biometrics Appointment: Jan 28, 2015
Interview: May 7, 2015
Oath Ceremony: still waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I completely agree with everyone thankyou. I have a tendency to freak out with this so I am trying to keep cool right now. If you need to reschedule will they usually work with you. We have our medical now for Monday and we are calling tom to let them know this and see if we can get a new interview date. Thanks to everyone and sorry for the freakout :oops:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.