gethere

PLEASE HELP I'M IN TEARS!

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Call 1 of the doctors for a medical appointment date even if it is a date after the 9th. Go to the interview on monday and tell them the medical has not been done yet and it is scheduled for xxxxx date. The Consulate will hold your approval/denial till they get the medical result. After they get the report, they will decide if you get the visa or not.

The only thing different is, if you had got the medical done before the interview, you would know the result on the same day (most probably). Now you will need to wait a few days/weeks to know the result from the Consulate.

Stop sitting and doing nothing, thats not going to change the situation. Call and make a medical appointment and GO FOR YOUR INTERVIEW ON THE 9TH.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

GO MONDAY

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Okay so I am reading over everything and the reason we checked the Medical is b/c it said arrange and we were arranging and also they just updated their doctors. So the old one didn't have a doctor where he is and the new one does. So the one we got was the old one. That is where the confusion lied.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Okay so what if I call and he says we'll change it for like 3 months later, do we wait or go Monday?

Thats up to you.

Its the price you pay for saying that you had everything completed when you did not.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

We have an apt for Mon the earliest they could get us and the results take 3 days so no.

Perhaps you can still make it work...but you really need to calm down and look at things rationally. Having an interview date with no medical completed is not the end of the world and not a reason to panic.

Depending on the exact time of your visa interview you can and should take the appointment time given to you for your medical. If it[the medical] is before your visa interview(thought I don't see how, as the medical lengthy, it took my husband two days to complete) you can tell the CO that you've just had your medical and the results will be forthcoming in 3 days. Upon hearing that hey/she may chose to conduct the visa interview and hold off deciding on issuing the visa until the results of the medical are in.

If your medical is scheduled for after the interview, tell the CO during the interview that you had a scheduling problem which you've remedied, but the earliest time scheduled for the medical is that day/time. At that time, the CO will either conduct the interview (decision pending until medical results are in) OR he may reschedule your interview for a later date.

What exactly did you mean earlier that you've taken VJ advice before and its 'screwed' you? All advice given here is at your own risk, you know....BUT if you've had a bad experience with the advice given here, why are you back asking what to do?

Maybe I'm missing something....why would there be a caseworker for immigration?

No clue...I was wondering that myself? :unsure:

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

In SA immigrant cases are assigned case workers. They are the contacts for the petitioner/beneficiary at the consulate stage.

Click for full timeline

Timeline

I am not trying to say anything about Visajourney I am panicked. I am not being mean or not taking advice. I have no idea about all this stuff and I am beating myself up so maybe I shouldn't get on here if I will get beat up just the same. This process isn't easy and my heart is breaking so advice is great, but judgment not needed, people make mistakes.

Filed: Timeline

The doctor is not going to give you an appointment for your medical after 3 months. They will probably give you one for next week.

1. Call the doctor, make appointment

2. Go for your interview on monday, NO MATTER WHAT. Not going is an automatic denial.

3. Go for your medical exam whenever it is scheduled for.

4. Once the medical report is sent to the Consulate, call the Consulate to check when will they tell you whether the visa has been issued.

Its simple enough and not a situation that cannot be taken care of. It will not even result in months and months of delay, probably a few weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

In SA immigrant cases are assigned case workers. They are the contacts for the petitioner/beneficiary at the consulate stage.

Because of the volume of immigrants from SA?

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

Timeline

Because of the volume of immigrants from SA?

I have no clue. Its just the way it works there.

Click for full timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
What exactly did you mean earlier that you've taken VJ advice before and its 'screwed' you? All advice given here is at your own risk, you know....BUT if you've had a bad experience with the advice given here, why are you back asking what to do?

i was wondering that too. :blink:

the only posts i have ever seen from this user have been panicking every few days that their noa2 hadn't arrived yet. :bonk:

Timeline
The doctor is not going to give you an appointment for your medical after 3 months. They will probably give you one for next week.

1. Call the doctor, make appointment

2. Go for your interview on monday, NO MATTER WHAT. Not going is an automatic denial.

3. Go for your medical exam whenever it is scheduled for.

4. Once the medical report is sent to the Consulate, call the Consulate to check when will they tell you whether the visa has been issued.

Its simple enough and not a situation that cannot be taken care of. It will not even result in months and months of delay, probably a few weeks.

Great advice :thumbs:

To the OP: I think everyone on here has made pretty much the same point that you should go to the interview on Monday and take it from there. What we are suggesting is what others have done.

Yes, this process is not easy. That is why we are here. But when you make more of a situation than it is, you are making it harder on yourself. This is not something that you should be getting upset over.

Stop freaking out over this. Its not that bad.

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Thank you I guess we will call the case worker tom to check what to do? Then if he says no it must be Monday then we go Monday. He also sent us a packet, saying your police report must be good for 6 months, but ours is now 8 months, but one week ago they sent me a letter saying it's good for 1 year so do we just go with that? I printed it our for him to take. I mean now I guess we don't have much choice about that one. How does that sound, I'm taking advice :) Thanks! I am just so ready to be with him and I know I am preaching to the choir.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To the original Poster,

Yes, there have been other members on VJ who have not had their medical results completed by the time of their interview. What has happened is that they have gone for their interview, proceeded with everything else and have just been told that they can't make a decision right away but have to wait until they get the medical results. The delay is just a matter of a few days to a week or so. They won't deny you for not having the medical completed, they will just wait until they have it before they make their decision.

So, make your medical appointment (you might want to make it for after your interview so you don't end up missing the interview), let the Interviewing Officer know that your appointment is scheduled and you will get the results to the Consulate in a few days when you have them. You can certainly apologize for the mix-up and explain you had thought they would be ready before the interview but promise that they will be there very soon.

If you miss the interview you will be denied and will have to start everything all over again from the beginning, so you have to go. The Interviewing Officer may decide to reschedule you later - that is his choice - but you need to go to the original date even if you don't have everything ready.

It is not the end of the world. Don't let your fear and worry paralyze you from doing what you need to do to get back on track. You haven't 'derailed' yourself, you have merely added a delay. Go to the interview, apologize for the mix-up, and then show them you have a real relationship so when they get your medical results they can approve your application.

Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.