tommyle09

Denied K1 from HCM

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hi everybody!...i wish i knew this web site way before...here is my problem, my k1 case was denied on 0ct 2008 in HCM Vietnam and I was waiting for it to be return to USCIS, then I got a letter from Consular Section Dept of State in Wash DC on Dec 2008 stating that my k1 case is closed at US Consulate Office in HCM Vietnam. Now I just got an email from USCIS stating this

On February 24, 2009, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

Have anyone experience this before or know whats going to happen next...your help is much appreciated! thanks Tommy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
hi everybody!...i wish i knew this web site way before...here is my problem, my k1 case was denied on 0ct 2008 in HCM Vietnam and I was waiting for it to be return to USCIS, then I got a letter from Consular Section Dept of State in Wash DC on Dec 2008 stating that my k1 case is closed at US Consulate Office in HCM Vietnam. Now I just got an email from USCIS stating this

On February 24, 2009, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

Have anyone experience this before or know whats going to happen next...your help is much appreciated! thanks Tommy.

Did you have an interview? Or was it denied before an interview? Maybe you could give us a hint. Yes, there are many threads about cases being denied, but with the information given we cannot say why

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

please tell us the reasons for the denial.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

my k1 case was denied due to 1-lack of photos of us being together(we provide them 2 hand stack of photos of us and our family), 2-my fiancee doesnt know much about my daily life in US(she answer every questions they asked with details) 3- my fiancee cant clearly describe how we met(she remembers everything about us and can even write a book about us)...these reasons are BS and we provide everything they asked for and tons of evidence. I even get a chance to talk to the CO and the chief CO but they couldn't give me the real reasons ecept for we will review your case and let you know...make me feel so mad just to talk about this...

have anyone been denied and waiting for the letter from USCIS?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
my k1 case was denied due to 1-lack of photos of us being together(we provide them 2 hand stack of photos of us and our family), 2-my fiancee doesnt know much about my daily life in US(she answer every questions they asked with details) 3- my fiancee cant clearly describe how we met(she remembers everything about us and can even write a book about us)...these reasons are BS and we provide everything they asked for and tons of evidence. I even get a chance to talk to the CO and the chief CO but they couldn't give me the real reasons ecept for we will review your case and let you know...make me feel so mad just to talk about this...

have anyone been denied and waiting for the letter from USCIS?

im sorry to hear that bro. Did they speak to her in Vietnamese or English, if Vietnamese, then she shouldnt have any problems answering them

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
she was interview in vietnamese, there was an american sat next to them but he didnt say a word...have anyone received an email from USCIS just like the one i post earlier?

I have received the exact email the early part of February, I believe it was the 4th or 5th. Very standard email. In for a long wait. My fiance and I have decided to get married and file for CR1 when I return to the USA. My K1 petition expired on December 4, and right now, CSC is not reviewing expired fiance petitions. Hope that helps you.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Is it possible they've mixed your case up with another applicant's? If the things you say about the evidence you gave and how well you know each other are true, then it sounds like they may have made a mistake somewhere along the line. Their reasons for denial don't seem to fit. I'm not sure who you would take this up with though. Perhaps call USCIS and tell them that you feel a grave mistake has been made with your application, like a total mix-up.

Sep/Oct 2006 - We met online randomly, courtesy of Google and Myspace! Became best friends very quickly!

May 2007 - I booked tickets to go see Lauren in AL in November '07

June 2007 - Decided to date online

September 2007 - Fell in love!

November 2007 - I flew to Alabama to meet Lauren for the first time. We spent a PERFECT week together!

April 2008 - Lauren came to stay with me in England for a week!

May 5th 2008 - Mailed our K-1 application

July 31st 2008 - FINALLY received NOA1 (letter)

November 20th 2008 - Visited Lauren in AL for her birthday =D

January 21st 2009 - Received our NOA2 (letter)

February 6th 2009 - Received Packet 3

February 9th 2009 - Sent off Packet 3

February 20th 2009 - Medical

March 5th 2009 - Received Packet 4

March 12th 2009 - Interview - missing co-sponsor I-134 and tax returns! D'oh!

March 17th 2009 - Sent off missing forms and passport to US Embassy via SMS courier

March 23rd 2009 - Passport returned WITH VISA!

April 9th 2009 - Flying to Alabama

UK/N.Ireland Visa Filers - Do you have the NEW ACPO Police Record Certificate? Click Here (VJ Thread) To Learn More! (The old Subject Access Statement won't do any more!)

Read My Interview Review here

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Things do not work the same way at every Embassy. This is a common enough occurance in HCMC. Visit the Regional forums here for more info. At this link you will find a Vietnam sticky topic at the top and several posts below dealing with similar issues. Go leave a post there and ask those most familiar in dealing with this Embassy.

Initial request for more evidence is very common there. Unfortunatley, once your case is returned to the USCIS it's basically dead.

best of luck to you

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.